Spoiler Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

51016 replies to this topic

dearandgp

dearandgp

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:28 PM

she is humiliated when she hears he has been spreading stories about her obsession with him.

Only, according to another spoiler site, she ends up in a way even more embarassed when it turns out that Laundry Guy wasn't even talking about her in the first place.

Those who want Rory to learn that she's no longer the big frog in the small pond would appear to be getting their way....

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:48 PM

I like how Jess returns to the show. Steals his own car with out even deciding to just go talk to Luke. Show he's alright, he's getting things together and just picking up the last of his stuff. But of course, this is Jess, dumbass.

KKennedy

KKennedy

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:52 PM

Jess tells Rory he loves her.
From gilmoregirls.org

Hiker

Hiker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:07 AM

Gee, Readster, I don't recall Luke telling Jess that he "stole" his car. It seems to me that Jess wants to avoid any confrontation with Luke or anyone else in Stars Hollow. That is his way, like it or not.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:08 PM

You know if Rory takes Jess back because he tells her he loves her, I'm going to freak. Her respondse should be: "If you really love me, then why did you leave?"

MarissaAvid

MarissaAvid

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:57 PM

I doubt that's even his intent, Readster. Based on what we know, it doesn't sound like he comes back for her. We obviously don't know the circumstances of their meeting, but perhaps it's unexpected. Maybe she's mad at him. Maybe she needs some kind of answer of what she meant to him. If anything, I think it's likely that he'll tell her so that she knows what the relationship meant to him. And that's it. So there's peace of mind.
I doubt he's asking for her to take him back. Maybe forgiveness, but not a reconciliation.

gluglug

gluglug

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:28 PM

Did everyone see the promo last night? The show is back in two weeks, on the 20th. I wonder what the WB is showing next week in its place since they've exhausted their reruns.

I know the promo was all Rory/Jess - he's baaack - but did you notice a quick shot of Lorelai sitting in Digger's bed wearing a black nightgown with him standing over her? Does that mean we'll be shown "Scooper Sex?" Don't know if we're ready for that!

I'm kind of annoyed we have to wait another two weeks, since most WB shows are returning next week.

Edited by gluglug, Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:30 PM.

pathwatch

pathwatch

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:44 PM

They're skipping the Girls altogether next week and showing Austin Powers. I love those movies, but I would prefer a new installment of GG. oh well.

KKennedy

KKennedy

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:42 PM

Bascially the first episode Rory sees Jess and says that she "can't handle it now" or something akin to that
Second episode Rory and Jess have a convo where he tells her that he loves her
I doubt anything significant will happen, maybe resolve their issue since Jess is leaving after three eps.

ItsAboutLife

ItsAboutLife

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:04 PM

I'm kind of a lurker, and this might have been mentioned before but...

Now, even though I like jess and perfer him to Dean(I know it's a very unpopular opinion here, but I don't hate Dean, I just got a little tired of him) does one of the new promos say, "Rory's first love return," and they look like they are talking about Jess? Now I might like jess more then dean, but even I know that Dean was her first love!

BigBallofAnge

BigBallofAnge

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:37 PM

Since the normal spoiler sources seem a bit slow (still on Xmas vacation, maybe?), here's a few details from the sides for Ep 13. I'm sure someone will be along with more complete summaries before long.

It appears that Lane sort of "ran away" earlier in this episode or in a previous episode; we find her living with Rory at Yale. Later she goes and apologizes to Luke for taking off on him, and asking for her job back; Luke accepts. I'm not sure whether Lane is back with her mom at that point.

The other side which I found interesting was for a professor. Rory goes to see him to find out what grade she got on her paper; I think she is expecting an A. He surprises her by saying her paper was no good because she obviously used research from another class which was off topic, because she is overworking herself and didn't have the time to do the proper research for the paper. He says he talked to her other profs (which is mildly unrealistic, but what the hey), and they agree that she is in over her head. He tells her she should drop the class.

Rory: But...I'm taking the same amount of courses as my roommate.
Prof: Different students work at different paces. You shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else. You work at a slower pace.
Rory: I don't. I'm...
Prof: Trust me on this. Drop the course.

I hope they leave this scene intact, it's delicious.

gluglug

gluglug

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 6:32 PM

It appears that Lane sort of "ran away" earlier in this episode or in a previous episode; we find her living with Rory at Yale. Later she goes and apologizes to Luke for taking off on him, and asking for her job back; Luke accepts. I'm not sure whether Lane is back with her mom at that point.

According to Gilmore-Girls.net, Lane moves in with Lorelai after her mother kicks her out for hiding her band activities (after her stint staying at Rory's dorm).

I think this is a great opportunity for ASP to mine the Lane/Lorelai bonding we saw in S1 (LAWAS comes to mind). The parallel between them is obvious and I think Lorelai can be a good influence on Lane, since Lane has a lot of respect for her. I hope the Palladinos don't let us down.

Kpfm

Kpfm

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 9:45 PM

It's not really unrealistic to have professors conferring about students, particularly at a relatively small-enrollment Ivy League school, and particularly about freshmen. However, it's also not unusual, nor ordinarily forbidden, for students to utilize research wherever done (so long as it's their own research, of course) for more than one course. That part surprises me. I wonder if this has something to do with Paris's apparent affair.

BigBallofAnge

BigBallofAnge

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:45 PM

The research from the other class was off topic for the paper she was supposed to be writing (she was supposed to be writing on game theory, but ended up using research about pollution in Mexico from another class). I'm sure if the research from another class had been relevant, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I still don't think it's particularly realistic that this prof would take it upon himself to seek her other profs to chat about her. More likely, he would contact her freshman advisor, or if they wanted to be really true to Yale, the dean of her residential college. Then the freshman advisor or dean would contact her other professors to see if there were a problem.

Kpfm

Kpfm

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:58 AM

BBoA, I've been a professor. I'm a retired one. And I've been involved with Yale.

These conversations take place in hallways, in the faculty lounge, over lunch at the faculty club or (in Yale's case) at Mory's. But they do take place, I promise you. We're not talking about formal channels here. Formal channels are to be avoided whenever possible.

You probably would be astounded to know what kind of discussions of students' academic and personal lives take place in faculty lounge settings. Much of the faculty is as much of a bunch of gossips as the students are, and are just as aware of who is doing what with which other person, doing what in classes, anticipating what will be the next step in their academic or post-academic careers, as are the Louella Parsons of this day and age about movie stars. Maybe more so, since students are so inept at concealing details of their personal activities due to their age and experience level. Believe me, it's quite conceivable that a professor could advise Rory to drop a course based on general discussion with another, or with several other, faculty members

However, again, even given that basis, it's still not entirely credible to me that such advice would be given based on the subject matter of her research. So, she got involved in research about pollution in Mexico. I have no idea what the subjects of the various classes were supposed to be, but I can see a connection between game theory and Mexican pollution, because the pollution game is being treated as a game worldwide (I'll trade you "x" million units of carbon dioxide pollution in the USA for "y" billion units of carbon pollution units in Brazil, e.g.), at least in the abstract.

So I still wonder if there's some connection between this "advice" and Rory's being Paris's roommate when Paris is apparently engaging in a sexual affair with a professor (we've been led to believe by the episodes themselves and the trailers); could it be that some professor doesn't want to have a connection between Rory and himself and Paris all at once?

Well, just thinkin'.

BigBallofAnge

BigBallofAnge

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 3:52 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with Paris, I think it's the natural continuation of the storyline they've been setting up for Rory all season. Back in Stars Hollow (and at Chilton), Rory was Queen of the World. She was the prettiest, smartest, all-around superior bundle of joy adored by one and all.

Ever since she started at Yale, that's begining to change. I don't know if that was the plan all along, or if TPTB realized that people were getting just a little bit sick of her. In any case, all season long we've been seeing Rory learn some hard lessons. She is not god's gift to men (first the awkward blind date, then the rejection by laundry boy who is apparently coming back to humiliate her further). She has had some trouble fitting into college life (like having problems finding a place to study). Her first attempts at writing for the Daily were not a success. Now she's having some problems academically, which is not surprising given that she has difficulty concentrating on studying with everything else going on around her. I think this is just part of the process of Rory learning that outside of Stars Hollow, she is a Mere Mortal.

Kpfm

Kpfm

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 4:34 AM

I think this is just part of the process of Rory learning that outside of Stars Hollow, she is a Mere Mortal.

That's quite reasonable and the most logical analysis of the situation. Can't argue with it.

Still, based on nothing but instinct, think it's not quite the way it'll work out. You plays your money, you takes your choice. My choice is different from yours, BBof A; I think we'll end up with a lot of questions, and some of them will involve Paris,

And I would have bet on Seabiscuit! (Hee.)

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 2:15 PM

I know for a fact that the TPTB, intended to throw things at Rory. Showing that things were different at Yale then in Starshollow. They just did it more slowly and concentrated on Loreli and Christopher and Luke's current relationship problems. You also notice, Lane is now coming more forward, which was also the plan. However, only so much screen time. Though the actress who plays Lane said that they were moving her character forward and trying to get out of the control of Mama Kim. Rory of course boy problems come to the front again the next few episodes with Jess returning, the problems with Laundry Guy and then Dean and her new romantic interest that show up after Jess does another exit again. One thing I wish they put to the front is Richard and Rory telling Emily and Loreli to actually work their problems out. Or lock the two in a room for 2 days. Least they keep a maide around longer then a week then.

soapygirl

soapygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:15 AM

Amy Sherman Palladino has said in interviews that she's a little frustrated with the fan response of what we want with the Rory storylines fist we want her to suffer and then we don't like it when she's suffering.

I am still at times frustated with Gilmore Girls and it massive gaps in reality but for the most part I think Rory's struggles with studying, making new friends and guys is a decent relfection of how the average freshmen experience is. My first semester of freshmen year wasn't god awful but I remember feeling out of sorts a lot of the time.

I just hope that this will be a growing experience for Rory and that that the writers won't just say next season "Okay let's stop picking on Rory...get her a boyfriend, straight A's and oh how about a 'Princess of Yale' crown?"

And I hope the Lorelai and Lane spoilers are true. It could be a really interesting storyline if Lorelai becomes kind of a mentor figure to Lane, kind of coming full circle to how Mia used to looked after Lorelai.

LadySmith

LadySmith

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 2:27 PM

It could be a really interesting storyline if Lorelai becomes kind of a mentor figure to Lane, kind of coming full circle to how Mia used to looked after Lorelai.

Not mention how Rory would take it, since she's used to having Lorelai all to herself. Methinks there could be some tension in this story line. It would be great to see more of Lane and her growth.

Edited by LadySmith, Jan 13, 2004 @ 2:29 PM.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:13 PM

I see Loreali having first an ackwards tage with Lane. Like Lane trying not to offend her for doing things a normal 19 would do. I see Lane finally feeling like she can be herself. No more hiding, no more afraid to be herself and want what she wants in life. Which could lead to some more interesting things later on with Rory and definanly Mama Kim. Who could later confront Loreali saying she ruin her daughter. Leading Loreali to tell off Mama Kim, which someone should of done a long time ago, but is so afraid of her.

not working

not working

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:40 PM

I love that Rory will have to drop a class (though the idea of any of MY undergrad professors talking to each other without throwing poisonous verbal darts, let alone discussing little old ME in the hallway, is highly amusing). I love the message that there are more complicated ways to understand what it means to be smart than what shows up on a transcript. Every time I read another news article about the kind of super-programming that high school students go through just to get into college, I get a little more scared. I think it's great that Rory is going to have to give a little more thought to how her education defines her. That's what sets her apart from Paris, after all; she knows how to relate to people and pick out the intellectual material that interests her, rather than simply rack up resume items. Word to the academic struggles. No one learns when they're too comfortable. Sorry - teacher in training waxing poetic here. Shutting up now.

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 4:06 PM

I don't think anybody's posted this. There's some new spoilers over at Gilmore-girls.net. Some pictures from the upcoming episode of Rory and Paris wearing paper hats and this about episode 15. Apparently Lane is setting a bad example. :)

Lane's aunt and fifteen-year-old cousin are at the Kim house. Aunt Jun and Mrs. Kim are going to stay in the kitchen while Christine helps Lane pack. She's officially moving out. Mrs. Kim tells her to write down how many boxes and how much tape she uses so she can take inventory. In the presence of Aunt Jun and Mrs. Kim, Christine is quiet. In Lane's room she won't shut up. "No female Kim has ever moved out without getting married," she says. She loves the floorboards and wonders if she could do the same thing at her house.

Christine is described as "bubbly, energetic, and very into pop culture and music- like Lane, she must hide her personality from her strict Korean mother."

BigBallofAnge

BigBallofAnge

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:28 PM

Also in ep 15, it looks like Lane is moving in with the boys in her band? (That's who Brian and Zack are, right? I never paid very much attention to the Lane's band storyline, because by the time I started watching the show Lane had already gotten boring).

Dean and Lindsey make an appearance. She calls him Deany. She seems really immature, but I guess that's the whole point. As long as they don't have Dean make any confessions to Rory that he made a huge mistake and he still loves her, I'll be happy. Can't wait to see what promo guy has to say.

Finally, we get to see how Emily shops. I'm really looking forward to this part, Kelly Bishop should have a lot of fun with it.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:10 PM

So, Lane is the first Kim to move out with out getting married first. Man, this just does not make me like the Kim family much. You think, that they would try to come into the 21st century some. I like Christina already.

wounded

wounded

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:22 PM

I sucks, but I guess one must understand that some families still go by the traditions and values from back in their village/home country. It's a not to make Mrs. Kim and the rest of the Kims look bad; it's just what they know. It'd be nice if they understood that things are different in America, but that's where Lane's Americanization and rebellion comes in! I mean, I loathe my mother for thinking she can keep me at home with her till I'm married (nearly 22 and still living at home), but I kinda understand where she's coming from. But, a first-generationer in N. America must follow her own instincts and do as she pleases. The 'rents will be unhappy, but, hopefully, will learn to deal.

Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 1:37 PM

I've been kinda lurking here but not very often and I have a question, does Jess pop back into the picture starting next Tuesday, 1/27? And I know he's got 3 episodes, but does anyone know how he exits again?

I read a page or 2 back that he tells Rory he loves her in the 2nd appearance, but I was also wondering do they kiss any while he's there. I mean he seems pretty sincere even though he has issues opening up and expressing his feelings.

I used to like Dean but once Jess came in, Dean became overly possessive of Rory. Not to mention she never told Dean she loved him, where Jess she told him she might have loved him and in her conv. with Lane while dying her hair you could read Rory's expression that all Lane was talking about was in Rory's mind Jess not Dean.

And, does Milo (Jess) not want to return to the show anymore other then the 3 eppies? It seems that once Rory went to Yale, and Jess left for his own show (that never came to pass), the show has seemed to be struggling. At least my interest it has this season. It just seems off, but I still watch especially since Jess returns.

Umlauts

Umlauts

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:02 PM

Not to mention she never told Dean she loved him

Uh...

Rory to Dean: I love you, you idiot!
----
RORY: I donít know what I was doing. Maybe itís because I havenít dated a lot but this Jess thing was crazy. And I do love Dean and you were absolutely right Ė I was treating him like dirt and I wasnít appreciating what was right in front of me, but Iím going to now.
----
RORY to Dean: I really did love you. Please believe that.

Milo wants Jess to be killed off. I don't know if dreams really do come true, or if they take more than 3 episodes.

Hiker

Hiker

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 7:50 PM

That second Rory quote about loving Dean was said when she returned from NY and was so upset for missing Lorelai's graduation. As we saw in season three Rory didn't love Dean anymore, as you have so posted, Umlats.

No one knows at this time how many episodes Milo will be appearing in. Right now the reported number is three. We only have spoilers on two.

Welcome, Pooh Bear, we can use all the Jess lovers we can get on this site.

Umlauts

Umlauts

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 11:18 PM

That second Rory quote about loving Dean was said when she returned from NY and was so upset for missing Lorelai's graduation.

No, Hiker, the second quote is in Lazy Hazy Crazy Days after Rory sees Jess and Shane slobbering all over each other, while she's hugging Dean. I wasn't really trying to establish that Rory was in love with Dean, I just noticed that the Pooh Bear said Rory never told Dean she loved him, which was false. She did so on more than one occasion.

Spoilers? Lorelai the Third (Gran, Trix, Marion Ross, take your pick) is in episode 16, written by Jane Espenson.

Edited by Umlauts, Jan 20, 2004 @ 11:22 PM.