Jeff Probst

• Please log in to reply

1367 replies to this topic

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:11 PM

Oh, tigerlion - what I would give to be you right now! Where is he making this appearance? Love to be there, but it's a long way from here (sigh)....

Anyway, enjoy Peachy in the flesh (sigh again). Take some photos and email them or something!

tigerlion

tigerlion

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:09 PM

AussieGirl, actually, I'm a bit embarassed... he's been added to the last day (Sunday) of an auto show here (Phoenix). I've only seen one commercial for it, and our darling Peachy has barely been mentioned. That's why I'm going. I'm hoping the auto show crowd isn't part of the Survivor fan base... I'll let you know how it turns out.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:32 AM

tigerlion - enjoy! Wish there was some way to get him down here....maybe his movie will be released here and he might come out to promote it or something. It's not available here.

Yes, I definitely think Australia can do with a bit of Peachy.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:22 AM

I found some "interesting" (read: shirtless and more etc) pics of Peachy on another thread. If anyone wants to see them, email me.

tigerlion did you go to the auto show? How was it? Never mind the auto show - how was Peachy up close and personal?

tigerlion

tigerlion

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:38 AM

AussieGirl, I didn't make it... I dislocated my pelvic bone on Saturday. Today's the first day I've been able to move around. I have hope for other Peachy sightings, though, as I think (if memory serves) his mom lives here.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:49 PM

tigerlion - ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Hope you are recovering well. And sorry you missed seeing Peachy, but I'm sure if his mum lives there, he'll be back.

Get well soon!

Kurtle

Kurtle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 7:09 PM

I once met Colby at an auto show. You'd be surprised at how many Survivor fans show up to random events when you hope you'll be one of the only ones there.

SurlyBooty

SurlyBooty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:13 PM

I caught Peachy giving a clue on Jeopardy. The category was about pirates and the clue was which Welsh-born pirate blah blah burned down Panama City blah blah? Could it have been anyone but Drake or Morgan? It was Morgan, but I think I spaced out that little history lesson from Pearl Islands. Anyhow, they guessed wrong. Peachy was marching along the beach in Panama, being all stern and authoritative. Much better than when he was actually competing on Celebrity Jeopardy.

Hoola

Hoola

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 3:32 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was watching "U Pick Live" and Jeff was on. Somebody tipped their cow, hurting it badly, and, duh duh DUH!, it was Jeff. He was rilly, rilly evil. Why would he do that? I thought he was Mr. Peachy Outdoorsman. That incident is going to cloud my Probst-enjoyment this season.

CheekyLotusEatr

CheekyLotusEatr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 8:29 PM

Hoola - Could you explain what you mean? How and why did he "tip a cow"?
What is this show?

Also..."stern and authoritative" Peachy? Yes, please.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 6:46 AM

Yes, Hoola, please explain. Stern and authoritative, rilly, rilly evil? How could it be? What's happened to our Peachy? Maybe the sun has got to him...he doesn't seem to be too happy a chappy these days. Personally, I think he needs a good love affair, which as I recall is what he said he wanted for Christmas. I hope he got his wish.

Hoola

Hoola

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 5:05 PM

It's a kids show, and I wasn't really paying attention until Jeff came on. But it's sort of a Total Request Live for cartoons - the Survivors come on after they're booted too. Someone tipped and badly injured their fake cow (who's a guy in a costume) and they wondered who did it and then the music played and it was Jeff!

He cackled evilly and admitted to it and the hosts of the show sort of grumbled and then they played another cartoon and I had to take the kids back to their house. I don't know, it could be a running joke or something, but it seems kind of cruel and weird. Jeff was definitely the villain, and he looked very thin. I wish I'd caught more but I try to pay attention to the kids I babysit most of the time. The show is very gonzo usually, so it probably made more sense if I'd seen more of it.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 6:13 PM

Bad Peachy!

Just doesn't sound quite right, does it? Maybe the man should stay away from trying to be evil, it's just not in him to be like that. He's way too nice a guy.

raspberrytea

raspberrytea

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 10:28 PM

Peachy will be on Mad TV tonight. Sorry for the late notice.

Machiabelly

Machiabelly

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

Jeff on Mad TV was high-larious. They did a Celebrity Survivor skit with Jeff that was the funniest thing ever.
Dr. Phil all naked all the time. 50 Cent quitting 7 times. Clay Aiken and Meg Ryan in a "Cute off". Edna Garret voting for Tootie. Jack Nicholson getting voted off and calling them all Mother umm truckers. Connie Chung not getting to vote because, as Jeff said "If anyone was interested in your opinion you would still be on tv". And finally their rampant stupidity causing the island gods to kill them all with a volcano. Jeff was pretty good about spoofing himself too.

kennowen

kennowen

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 3:29 PM

Yes, he was constantly late for some personal pampering! We KNEW that's how it usually went!

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 9:39 AM

I loved "Fire equals life, yada, yada, yada, I'm late for a pedicure"

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 9:49 AM

OMG that sounds so funny! I'm sorry I missed it.

skagirl77

skagirl77

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:25 PM

"Fire equals life, yada, yada, yada, I'm late for a pedicure"

He was great. And if he busts out this line on ASS, I'll probably hurt myself laughing.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 7:06 PM

Well, I wish we got that show here - it sounds hilarious! Yeah, it would be so funny if Peachy came out with those lines in ASS.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 1:35 AM

Waiting, waiting, waiting, for Peachy to get back on my TV.

AlmondEyes

AlmondEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2004 @ 4:26 PM

Aussie Girl, we'll hold a vigil for Peachy till February 1. But only if you agree to leave him all for me!

Edited by AlmondEyes, Jan 24, 2004 @ 4:27 PM.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 3:32 AM

Hmmm... I don't know that I can make any such agreement, Almond Eyes! I don't think I'd want to share him with anyone, he's just too damn sexy!

kryianna

kryianna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:26 AM

Sorry I'm posting this late, but Peachy was on the Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction friday night. He was selling his 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Coupe. His dad had bought it in April of 1977. In August, it came time for Jeff's first date. He asked his dad if he could borrow the car, thinking he would get their panel van. Dad instead gave him the keys to the 'Vette. Probst said something like "I got as lucky as a 14 year old could get in it, even though I didn't have a driver's license."

Jeff put some All-Star Survivor stickers on the windshield and side windows, as well. Like ASS needs more advertising!

You *have* to click on the link to the full size image of Peachy being so peachy in front of the car!

http://www.barrett-j...t.asp?id=174858

I don't remember how much it went for, unfortunately. It was nowhere near the $410,000 the Lincoln Zephyr went for. Celebrity owned cars didn't run up extra money, except for ones owned by pro racers.

And for the record, I am a female who choose to watch 15 hours of the auction live on tv. My husband is a very happy and lucky boy.

Edited by kryianna, Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:30 AM.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

kryianna thanks for that. I tried to click on Peachy's pic to enlarge it, but it wouldn't work, sigh.....

Hildy

Hildy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:04 AM

Oh, it worked for me. Very, very nice.

chilis

chilis

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:18 AM

Peachy's cohosting Live with Regis and Kelly today. He's snarking on Hatch's "attributes". Kind of funny.

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 5:07 PM

Saw the last half of "Regis and What-'er-name", and thought Peacy was sleep-walking. He could have mailed that one in.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 5:54 PM

Hmmm... Peachy sleepwalking...mmmm, very nice.

Tulse

Tulse

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:46 PM

Man, those are some nice lookin' wheels -- and Jeff looks great in front of them. Why on earth would such a hot guy want to sell such a hot car?