Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:21 AM

Doctor Who with these words:

"Are you my mummy?"

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

"Are you my mummy?"

Oh, my God, I just shuddered when I read that post.  Yeah, I'm scarred!

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 7:34 PM

What's more horrifying to me is that those gas masked were made of flesh and bone.

tennisgurl

tennisgurl

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:56 PM

Tonights episode of Game of Thrones. Those scenes at the Wedding...

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:06 AM

On the very short-lived ABC series “The River” (S1, E2, Marberley), the crew looking for missing television host Dr. Emmet Cole find a tree covered in decaying plastic dolls deep in the Amazon jungle.  The tree is said to be an offering to La Dejada, the spirit of a girl who drowned in the river.  Old, broken dolls can be creepy unto themselves, but seeing so many of them attached by strings to a large jungle tree is scarifying. 

Later, the cameraman has his back to the doll tree and disinterestedly asks the spirit to open the doll’s eyes.  Because his back is to the tree, he doesn’t see the doll’s eyes slowly open and close again. 

Still later, Lincoln, Emmet’s estranged son, finds his toy bear Marberley tied to the doll tree.  He unties it, but after his mother is attacked by an unseen person/thing/spirit, he re-ties the doll to the tree.  They wait a few minutes and nothing happens.  Suddenly, several dolls drop from the tree as though they’re rappelling down the strings that are tied to them.  Lincoln’s mother shouts, “What do you want from us?” and a gruesomely ugly baby doll, covered in dirt, opens its eyes and says, “Mama”.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 2:57 AM

Tonights episode of Game of Thrones. Those scenes at the Wedding...

I know someone who told me he couldn't sleep that night after watching it, because his head was so fucked up.

Last weeks Hannibal: The corpse of that woman with her mouth/jaw slashed all to hell was terrifying.

Edited by Jeebus Cripes, Jun 6, 2013 @ 2:57 AM.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Doctor Who:

I'll never hear the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" the same ever again. It was bad enough when the X-Files ruined "Wonderful, Wonderful".

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 10:00 AM

In one episode of Warehouse 13, the agents find HG Wells.  She had undergone "Bronzing" wherein a person considered to be a threat against the warehouse was cast in bronze and left in a special vault.  The comments from HG Wells indicate that she was conscious and aware all the time that she was bronzed, making it a bit like being buried alive.  Which creeped me the hell out. 

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:34 AM

Tonights episode of Game of Thrones

Almost every episode of Game of Thrones has scarred me for life in some way! 

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

In one episode of Warehouse 13, the agents find HG Wells.  She had undergone "Bronzing" wherein a person considered to be a threat against the warehouse was cast in bronze and left in a special vault.  The comments from HG Wells indicate that she was conscious and aware all the time that she was bronzed, making it a bit like being buried alive.  Which creeped me the hell out. 

I thought about that statement last week when a guy was unbronzed after 500 years.  He's a villian, but it still gives me a slight sense of claustrophobia. Brrrr!

selkie

selkie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 10:45 PM

I'm sad to report that the unoffical muse of this thread, Karen Black of Zuni doll fame, died today of cancer at the age of 74.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1421966

HappyHeart

HappyHeart

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 15, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

I'll never be able to watch Doctor Who the same way again after seeing David Tennant in The Politician's Husband. His character rapes his wife and doesn't suffer any consequences. The only reason I kept on watching after that was in the hope that Emily Watson would stab him in his sleep.

bella1013

bella1013

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

The s2 finale of the Borgias. Which featured torture, a burning at the stake and a poisoning.

Yeah, it would be the poisoning and the bleeding eyeballs that freaked me out the most. 

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

"The Sopranos" ties with "Breaking Bad" as my favorite show of all time, but there are two things from the first show that I just cannot stomach watching again. The worst I think is when Tony curb-stomped that guy and his teeth went flying across the floor after the guy insulted Meadow. The second is when Adriana meets her fate. That is seriously one of the most depressing and fucked up things I have ever seen. Silvio running after her in the woods as she tries desperately to crawl away from him, ugh it made me hate his character so much and he was one of my favorites! I didn't mind as much when the mobsters got whacked, as violent as they could be, but that Adriana scene was heart-wrenching and disturbing on all levels.

Archery

Archery

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

The second is when Adriana meets her fate. That is seriously one of the most depressing and fucked up things I have ever seen. Silvio running after her in the woods as she tries desperately to crawl away from him, ugh it made me hate his character so much and he was one of my favorites! I didn't mind as much when the mobsters got whacked, as violent as they could be, but that Adriana scene was heart-wrenching and disturbing on all levels.

That scene cured me from watching The Sopranos forever. 

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

I am afraid to go to the hospital. With that said, I just got into Breaking Bad. When Walter received his first round of chemo, my stomach turned and my heart beat faster.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2014 @ 4:44 AM

The latest ep of Grimm featuring that guy dying the most grotesque death ever from radiation poisoning? Can. Not. Unsee.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2014 @ 11:39 AM

So many moments on Breaking Bad to mention: chunks of Emilio going through the ceiling, Gus slitting Victor's throat and letting him bleed on Walt, that poor kid Drew Sharp getting shot, Hank and Gomie being bured in the desert...but I think I've narrowed the worst down to two:

1) The knife fight between Walt and Skyler.  When Skyler first went for the knife, I really thought she was going to kill herself.  She just had this dead-look in her eyes when she found out about Hank dying that scared me.  And the whole time they were scuffling on the floor, I was so scared.  There had been rumors going around for a while that Skyler was going to wind up dead.  Glad that it didn't work, but that whole scene was just so disturbing in how a relatively happy marriage had been gradually disintegrating to that point over the course of the show.  The fact that their children were watching the whole time made it worse.

2) Todd killing Andrea.  I think we all knew what was going to happen the minute Todd showed up at her door, but that didn't stop me from screaming "RUN!" over and over again at my TV screen.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 9:01 PM

Todd's Nazi family scared me to death.

It was creepy when Skylar slowly walked into the swimming pool in a trance-like state.

Edited by Batman Beatles, Jan 11, 2014 @ 2:04 AM.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 1:15 AM

Breaking Bad

Walt's hysterical laughing at the end of the episode "Crawl Space". 

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 6:56 PM

I will be scarred forever by the scene in the miniseries V when the woman gave birth to twins. One was a monster, and one looked normal until it flicked out its forked tongue.

An episode of The Twilight Zone called "To Serve Man" has me convinced that if there are aliens up there, all they want to do is eat us.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 3:44 AM

Just watched the episode of Hannibal where the still alive victim of a giant eyeball mural of death wakes up and pries his stitched up skin apart from the other corpses he's sewn to. Extremely graphic and I was on the verge of vomiting in my mouth.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 4:37 PM

That gives me reason to never watch this show. Ever.