TV Moments That Have Scarred You For Life

• Please log in to reply

12982 replies to this topic

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

I went into HBO's new show Luck fully aware that I was likely to see a horse breaking a leg at some point. I was not expecting it in the first episode, and so lovingly filmed by Michael Mann.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

Nicki Minaj's performance at the Grammys squicked me out for reasons other than "Roman's exorcism" on stage, other than shattered stained glass screens, and other than "hell fire" in the church.

The end of the performance had Nicki being levitated, but a board being obvious under her back. What scared me was that the higher the board Nicki was laying on got, the end with her head was lower than the end with her feet. I kept having images of Nicki Minaj being dropped on her head live on national TV.

Worst of all, I was flipping back and forth between the Grammys and L&O:SVU. The episode of L&O: SVU was "Burned", which includes a woman being set afire on the streets of Manhattan (off-camera) and the aftermath in the burn unit, complete with blood-curdling screams.

Stellar night for creepiness, overall.

Lady Barbara

Lady Barbara

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

The Walking Dead, last Sunday's episode. Ronny and his leg. Or what's left of it.

YourMomOnToast

YourMomOnToast

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

Toby Whithouse got most of the way there with "The God Complex." The Doctor was pursuing a minotaur through a prison complex made up to look like the hotel from The Shining. In each room was the manifestation of the greatest fear of others previously trapped there. One of the rooms had a clown, but he was sad instead of scary because the person who's fear caused him to manifest was long since gone.

You forgot to mention the ROOM FULL OF FREAKING DUMMIES. Not okay, not okay at all when they just turn their vacant creepy faces towards the group when they enter. Bah--for me, that was pure nightmare fuel.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

On a recent Hoarders, a woman had no plumbing in her house but she used the toilet anyway. Her toilet had a mountain of poop at least a foot high and next to it was a jug of pee.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

On a recent Hoarders, a woman had no plumbing in her house but she used the toilet anyway. Her toilet had a mountain of poop at least a foot high and next to it was a jug of pee.

*blinks*

See, this is why I can't watch Hoarders! It ruins everything.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

I haven't even mentioned the dead animals and rotten food.

Archery

Archery

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

Wasn't that the one where the hazmat guys came in, and when they started cleaning the bathroom, they released all this built up ammonia (a by product of urine), so the cat instantly overdosed and died? I just . . . wow.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

Yes that's the one.

Archery

Archery

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

That one episode cured me of ever watching the show ever again. Ever.

emjay1116

emjay1116

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I know I'm not the only one scarred by the most recent Pretty Little Liars!
The girls go to this creepy doll shop looking for some answers into their friend Ali's murder/the creep who's been stalking and harassing them since her funeral. Basically, this place is creepy enough with the ugly, old, broken, creepy ass dolls and the creepy kid with some weird visions and knowledge of how their friend was killed. They find it somehow unlocked and nobody's there. They head down to the basement and one of the dolls starts talking saying something like "keep going, follow me". Creepy as shit.
But it doesn't end there. They walk through the basement, with lots of shots of creepy dolls and the creepy voice going the whole time, to find it, and they find a doll that looks like Ali in a little scene of her death (with the doll being murdered the way Ali was). Then somebody starts throwing the dolls and shit at them and knocking shelves over.
It was kind of terrifying. I really needed somebody to hold me after that. haha. It was pretty awesome.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

The Game of Thrones episode Garden of Bones. Let us count the ways:

-A terrified soldier gets his infected foot cut off, reminiscent of the hospital scene from Gone with the Wind.

-Joffrey forces Ros to torture a fellow prostitute, and clearly gets aroused by it. The last thing we see is a rod with spikes on the end, which has several people in the comments talking about how it was a relief that the woman only got hit with it instead of...something else.

-The captives at Harrenhal are questioned one by one, with a rat in a bucket strapped to their chest, then heating the bottom of the bucket until the rat burrows inside them. You know something is bad when it's a relief that Tywin Lannister shows up.

-Mellisandre reveals that she's already fully pregnant from her sex scene just two episodes ago, and then births an ungodly smoke creature that screams with Stannis' voice.

This show is based on one of the darkest fantasy book series ever, and now they're actually starting to top it.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:03 AM

I'm glad I watch this show in the daytime, not last thing at night. I have several hours of decompression to do.

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

The promo for Discovery Fit and Health's "My Strange Obsession" with the man having a relationship with his car. An intimate relationship with his car. Including "sex."

Excuse me while I bathe my eyes in bleach, then poke them out with a spork...

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 12:31 AM

Before you do that, read some Micheal/KITT slash fic. That ought to put you over the edge. :)

I saw a show like that once. To be honest, I couldn't stop laughing. I'm not one for judging people's sexual fetishes, but this one was too much.

Uberlisa

Uberlisa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

The promo for Discovery Fit and Health's "My Strange Obsession" with the man having a relationship with his car. An intimate relationship with his car. Including "sex."

Oh dear. That reminds me of an old SNL fake ad for a car.....I think it was called The Mistress.

Ew.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Umm...so...Rebecca Mader's character on tonight's Fringe did this...thing...with her eyes. I'm not sure I'n going to sleep tonight.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Umm...so...Rebecca Mader's character on tonight's Fringe did this...thing...with her eyes. I'm not sure I'n going to sleep tonight.

That was some Marionette-level creepiness right there.

happy turtles

happy turtles

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

That would have been bad enough in itself. Now throw in the ca-REE-py voice she was speaking with. *shudder* That whole scene was extremely uncomfortable to watch. But I do want to know how they made that eye thing happen.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

For the morbidly curious, youtube of the Fringe finale scarrage.

Rdnzl

Rdnzl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

Lane Pryce's dead body dangling from the door of his office on Mad Men.

HORRIFYING.

emjay1116

emjay1116

Stalker

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

The last scene of the season finale of Game of Thrones.

I'd been saying all along that they'd have to end the season with 3 blasts, and everybody in the Night's Watch weeping and pissing themselves in fear (literally). Too badass of a way to end the season not to move it up.
So I wasn't shocked when the last scene featured some of the Night's Watch and then 3 horn blasts.
What I wasn't expecting was to actually see the freaking White Walkers and their massive army of undead frozen zombies. And this low, rumbling, awesome and dark and creepy music in the background. It was creepy as shit, and totally awesome!

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

Lane Pryce's dead body dangling from the door of his office on Mad Men.

Seconded. I heard that the show's staff studied pictures of actual hanging victims (fun!) to get the look exactly right, and kudos to them, but BOY it was hard to watch. I also heard that the other actors didn't see Jared Harris until the scene in which they broke into his office, therefore, the look of horror on their faces was completely real.

SunlessNick

SunlessNick

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 3:50 PM

It always seems logical that there should come a point where you're used to the stuff that happens on Fringe. But they always manage to bring some new kind of ghastliness to the table.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

I can't remember the name of the episode, but one episode of "In The Heat Of The Night", had some guys wearing creepy pig masks, and we only got just a glimpse of them. But it was enough. Good grief, creepy evil pig masks. *shudder*

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

Pigs give me the creeps.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

I have no problem with pigs per se, but these masks were ugly evil looking things. But it would have been worse if pigs in general creeped me out.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

The last scene of the season finale of Game of Thrones.

The last scene of the season premiere of Game of Thrones.

I never thought they would stab that baby ...or continue killing the other children.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Marc Warren's performance as Mr. Teatime in Hogfather. He's every bit as terrifying as Heath Ledger's Joker, and as much as a surprise given his usual roles.

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

I might be alone here but the scene between Walter and a very terrified Skylar at the end of the last episode of Breaking Bad gave me serious heebies. They're in bed, he's putting the moves on her and she just looks afraid to move. Honestly, even with all of the violence on that show, that one small, seemingly innocuous scene just scared the crap out of me.