The Fanfic Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3072 replies to this topic

fenwic

fenwic

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:27 AM

Dancing Lessons has a new look. Check it out.

cousinjean's The Butterfly Effect (which a lot of people have already read on her Live Journal), has been polished all shiny and posted on the the site.

And the first part of DL 3.14 -- Reclamation, written by adjrun, cousinjean, and hold_that_thought -- has also gone live.

Busy, busy DLers.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Shadowlass

Shadowlass

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:19 AM

Chapter seven of Possession is now up at ff.net and at my site, Small Bites.

Estepheia

Estepheia

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

I'm sure many people noticed that due to RL stress I was unable to complete the Christmas fic Who's afraid of Red, White, Green as scheduled. However, I have now started updating again. I split the final "door" into three parts, the first of which I just posted.

Advent Calendar Fic - by ladycat777 and estepheia
RATING: PG-13
GENRE: a bit of angst, lots of schmoop - holiday fic, crossover
SPOILERS: Set after AtS 5x08 Destiny - No spoilers after that.
WARNINGS: conventional pairings, a bit of slashy subtext, and a few unconventional vibes

List of chapters

Sorry about the delay, but I hope the new chapter makes up for it.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:32 PM

Can anybody rec any really good long/epic NC-17 fics/series for either...

Xander/Cordelia and/or Xander/Buffy?

Edited by DeeeDee, Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:33 PM.

Kes

Kes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:04 AM

Miss Murchison has published the first four chapters of a sequel to the excellent Glorious Morning Have I Seen

Present Tense

Spike/Joyce. Rated NC-17. And if you think you wouldn't enjoy that pairing, this is the story to prove you wrong. Enjoy!

Edited by Kes, Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:04 AM.

lilxprincess

lilxprincess

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 7:25 PM

nothing to see here

Edited by lilxprincess, Jul 7, 2004 @ 11:19 AM.

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 7:55 PM

lilxprincess, the Scratch series by Ducks is a B/A-centric series set about 5 years after Chosen/Home. It's wonderfull and angsty.

Indie and Tango also have great dark and angsty stuff on their sites.

ETA: Ooh, I just realised most of those fics are NC-17. You have to read Scratch though. Ducks rates the chapters so you skip over the naughty bits.

Edited by babybluez, Jan 3, 2004 @ 7:59 PM.

Shadowlass

Shadowlass

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 9:18 PM

lilxprincess, you might like Yahtzee's Phoenix Burning, a very long (but complete!), thoughtful, well-plotted B/A story in which Buffy is resurrected hundreds of years after her death in "The Gift," to find that vampires have proliferated and mankind is in desperate straits. Some people find the pace a little slow, others love it. Rated R.

hold_that_thought

hold_that_thought

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 9:19 PM

[URL changed, can't find the new link.]

Edited by hold_that_thought, Jul 27, 2008 @ 7:02 AM.

lilxprincess

lilxprincess

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 9:51 PM

moving on..

Edited by lilxprincess, Jul 7, 2004 @ 11:20 AM.

Lynster

Lynster

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:27 PM

fenwic - thanks for the heads up on Dancing Lessons - so glad you guys are still writing!

a very action packed episode . . . awesome.

Edited by Lynster, Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:27 PM.

petzipellepingo

petzipellepingo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

Shadowlass - Hee, the Andrew earplugs bit was priceless, exactly the sort of stupid thing he would do. Surprisingly to me, you made me like Kennedy in this one. I can see her and Spike bonding over their always outsider status.Good job.
Estepheia - Thanks for more chapters of Who's afraid of red, white and green. Best Christmas present ever.

Nos

Nos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:22 AM

Journeys by Mary was updated tonight, with two new chapters, finishing off the Awakenings part of the series, for those who don't read WIP's.

FriscoChick

FriscoChick

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 3:19 AM

Shannon has finally updated Half-Gifts with Chapter 13. I'm so glad; it's been long enough that I was worried she'd dropped it, but she says 14 is in progress.

It's also been so long that I should probably resummarize: it's post-Grave Spuffy and is one of the very, very few Spike-comes-back-from-Africa-not-a-vampire fics I think is worthwhile. Her writing is lovely; she has a very distinctive style.

petzipellepingo

petzipellepingo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:23 PM

Very, very different spin on the amulet from Chosen can be found here.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:52 PM

And Ever Amen

Rating: G

Dude! This is one of the sweetest fics I've read in a long time. I know I'm not all that sentimental but this particular fic almost made me cry.

Dear Santa, Love Anya

Character: Anya
Author: Teri

Anya sends her Christmas list to Santa. Another cute little piece with a nice Anya voice.

Last Wishes

Character: Buffy
Author: Sanguinary

A post mortem letter from Buffy to the Scoobies.

I Am The First

Character: Xander
Author: Teri
Rating: PG

A Dark!Xander fic. I've always wondered what things would've been like if Xander had had his chance to "go bad", (although in retrospect I'm also kinda glad he didn't cause with his luck he'd probably be the one they ended up killing.)

Pirates & Angels

Pairing: Xanya
Author: Xanya_forever

A sweet little Xander & Anya piece.

Thank You

Pairing: Anya-Giles (friendship)
Author: Saturn Girl

A sweet letter from Anya to Giles.

Dazed

Dazed

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 6:28 PM

lilxprincess, a good B/A future fic is Ever Seeking Solace
SUMMARY: Sometimes the hardest thing about moving on is learning to let go.
(It made me shed a few tears there at the end.)

The two fics below are R-rated (both of which are B/A), but they are really good.

Still Time, by Nynaeve ("Buffy goes to the past" kinda fic)

SUMMARY: Angel's lived numerous lifetimes. What if the Slayer
could too?

Vortex, by Swik
Summary: A club in West L.A. that only opens after midnight. A fusion of vampire and human sexuality. A promise made. A secret kept.

Edited by Dazed, Jan 8, 2004 @ 6:32 PM.

Katkins

Katkins

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 6:41 AM

Aww, that Pirates & Angels story is lovely!

I found this fic yesterday - Impassioned. A reworking of 'Passion' - Jenny isnít killed, but Angelus has his eye on another target.

Giles/Jenny. PG.

Since I found this thread back in September last year, I think I must have been through it about 3 times, searching for more fic. I'm a fic-aholic and proud of it. I'd just like to say thanks for all the wonderful stories!

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know of any decent Giles fic? I've worked my way through London Calling, and The Watchers' Compound (eagerly awaiting the updating of Trust). I don't mind G/A or G/B, past, present or future - just more Giles!

temptedmuch

temptedmuch

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:48 PM

Katkins you may enjoy The Death Brings Clarity Series by JK Philips. It begins after The Gift and goes very AU. It is a B/G epic. Very well written and tons of Giles.

You may also want to check out Of Demons and Destiny. It's an all Giles archive with several ships. Not all the stories are great, but you could spend days in the archives.

If you want more Giles recs feel free to email me.

saraamy

saraamy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:09 PM

Katkins, a classic excellent Giles fic is The Flat in Bath by Jayne Leitch. Giles reflects on his Sunnydale years, post-Gift . Great but sad.

Edited by saraamy, Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:10 PM.

BonnieD

BonnieD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:22 PM

Hey everyone, after a break in which I wrote some OC stuff, I worked up a story centered around Connor/Dawn. I heard someone put them forth as a 'ship a long time ago and since I hadn't seen Angel it didn't mean anything to me. Now that I've watched through season 3, I think the pairing is legit - it's just a matter of getting them together in a non-outlandish way.
So...I've started a (hopefully) short series called "Connor's Sunnydale Vacation". Find it here: http://www.fanfictio...storyid=1679533

nwhepcat

nwhepcat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:16 PM

I took a brief break from the Xander-centric to participate in the recent Dawnficathon and wrote Dawn and Faith, shortly after "Dirty Girls." Because I'm me, it's called Xander's Eyes. Spoilers for season 7, rated R for language.

harmonyfb

harmonyfb

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:28 AM

::breathes sigh of relief:: Backward Glances is finally done. Chapter 8 is up at my site (and will be up soon at www.allaboutspike.com).

For those curious, this story was a continuation of my darkfic, Dangerous, set 30 years in the future. Spike/Buffy, Spike/Dawn. NC-17.

What's up for our stalwarts in the final chapter? Blood, pain, death, rebirth, and some kick-ass fighting. What else? ;)

petzipellepingo

petzipellepingo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 8:45 AM

harmonyfb - Oooh, you killed Buffy you brave thing. Poor Spike, he really does care for Dawn and in the end it's just going to make him miserable. Good job.

harmonyfb

harmonyfb

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 9:08 AM

Thanks, Petzi. :) Glad you liked it. I'm so glad it's all finished up - it was definitely The Fic That Ate My Brain.

Kes

Kes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:14 AM

Miss Murchison's Present Tense is now complete - seven chapters, plus an epilogue, and a snippet with sound effects.

It's like getting a dvd instead of a video!

Spike/Joyce. Rated NC-17. And if you think the pairing is not for you - try reading it and see if it changes your mind.

hold_that_thought

hold_that_thought

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:29 AM

Pimping a fic that took me way too long to finish, considering it's only 2000 words, heh.

Title: Nowhere's Now Here
Author: hold_that_thought
Summary: "He was so far from where he'd ever expected or wanted to be." But that isn't always a bad thing.
Pairing: Buffy/Xander
Rating: R
Spoilers: Through Chosen

Available at my site and ff.net.

BonnieD

BonnieD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

I looked at Buffyguide.com and couldn't find ANY Connor sites. I'd like to submit my new Connor/Dawn fic to some sites other than ff.net but most of the Dawn sites don't seem applicable. Any ideas?

Edited by Toft, Jan 12, 2004 @ 10:56 AM.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

Indomitable

Character: Xander
Author: M. Scott Eiland
Summary: One of my favorite bittersweet Xander stories. (Post Dirty Girls)

hold_that_thought

hold_that_thought

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:43 PM

Toft, you can try the Buffy Fiction Archive, which is all-inclusive, Unnatural, which is the Connor/Dawn zone of the writer's guild, or Summers Sun, the Dawn zone of the guild.