James Van Der Beek Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

634 replies to this topic

JRV

JRV

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:27 PM

It appears that JVDB is back working with Writer/Director Roger Avary (The Rules of Attraction). Here are pix from Roger's website. It will take a few seconds for the pix to load, so be prepared for "Superstar" to show. Scroll down to 2003/11/25 for the entry.

http://www.avary.com...nal/journal.php

Wysteria

Wysteria

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

hehe. First off, there's a JVDB board here? LMAO!

Second, I saw those images a month or so ago and about peed my pants. The hat! The jewlery! BWAH! This man's carrer is turning to shit. And I love it! :)

ETA:

More images

This has all the pictures from that month. More of JVDB on the set, where you can see his retarded looking hat in all its glory.

I wonder if he called his wife "A piece of ass" when he took her gambling with the cast?

Edited by Wysteria, Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:11 AM.

GoodNightMoon

GoodNightMoon

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

Ow! My eyes!

ScarletGirl

ScarletGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:19 AM

I'm not sure if I wanna live in a world where the word "superstar" is used to describe JVDB. It makes me fear for the planet!

But I wish him all the best - really I do! I mean, after ROA, I could see why he'd want to team up with the director again. ::eye roll::

Bronwen

Bronwen

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:29 AM

Hmmmm... Josh is working with Dennis Hopper, Giovanni Ribisi, Donald Sutherland, and Louise Fletcher. James is working with Roger Avary and Colin Hanks. Things seem to be turning out just about right.

ScarletGirl

ScarletGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:56 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Maybe all is right with the world afterall! Thanks for the giggle, Bronwen!

HexLover

HexLover

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:01 AM

I know that I'm in the minority here but I think that the Beek is kind of hot. This does not make me hate him any less but I do like the way he looks.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:07 PM

I think he can look hot occasionally. But my overwhelming Dawson hate always supersedes my minor attraction.

tersh

tersh

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:26 PM

know that I'm in the minority here but I think that the Beek is kind of hot. This does not make me hate him any less but I do like the way he looks.

Heh. You'll get over that.

No, seriously, I used to date a guy that looked like the Beek, with brunette hair and a forehead instead of a fivehead. Same beady eyes, bushy eyebrows, and angular features. When I first saw the Beek in DC, I thought "Oh my gawd, I am dating this guy. He is so hot!" My sister and I thought JVDB was so good looking. My mom lamented "What have I done to make you guys believe he is attractive?" She was all about the Pacey love. Smart woman, my mother. Anyways, while I do believe that JVDB can be attractive, I did find him less and less attractive as DC continued. Perhaps it's also because my look-alike boyfriend dumped me for some petitie blond girl. At any rate, I don't think you are alone in your thoughts. But, I would take Varsity Blues JVDB any day over DC JVDB.

HexLover

HexLover

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:15 PM

At any rate, I don't think you are alone in your thoughts. But, I would take Varsity Blues JVDB any day over DC JVDB.

Actually, Varsuty Blues is where I first saw him and formed my "he is hot" opinion. Stupid DC had to wreck that.

Wysteria

Wysteria

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:34 PM

Hehe...hate to say it, but DC was before Varsity Blues. He was ruined waaay before VB.

My "hate" for The Beek goes back to meeting him just three weeks after the show debuted. Once and ass, always an ass.

He's lucky I didn't rumble with him on the monorail. That boy would have been dissed so bad. Hee.

And yeah, that's another story. LMAO!

Gradle

Gradle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:42 PM

My "hate" for The Beek goes back to meeting him just three weeks after the show debuted. Once and ass, always an ass.

And yeah, that's another story. LMAO!

Please Wysteria, tell us a story (or two)!

kattymom2

kattymom2

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

Mandy, you should have kicked his ass/head. (What's the difference?)

I was a little disappointed to find this thread once again on my screen but I am all for it if it is used to bash JVDB. I can't stand the creep. Never have, never will. I saw him in VB long before I started watching Dc. I didn't even like him then. I thought *suprise*surprise* that he seemed very smug. What a shit!!

Mandy, I could deal with seeing this thread again as long as you tell your story!!! ;-)

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:49 PM

But, I would take Varsity Blues JVDB any day over DC JVDB.

Word. Except, he looked better during S6. Not excellent, but better. But early Dawson? ::begins to dry heave:: Or during S4? CUT YOUR HAIR!

ETA I third the request for Wysteria's story!

Edited by Pop Culture Freak, Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:52 PM.

Wysteria

Wysteria

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:53 PM

Oh, geez. Hehe.

Well just to give you the Cliff's Notes version, Beek came to Seattle on Feb. 3, 1998. (I remember the date since it was my BFF's b-day who was with me) And I took her to see the cast from Buffy who was going to be downtown. Turns out that Beek was on the bill (hee. That sounds funnie.) as well, and I was uber excited just because I was a huge fan of the show, even if it had only been on for a few weeks.

I don't know if any of you remember reading an interview that JVDB did awhile back regarding one of his first meet-and-greets and how it was Seattle, and there were like 3000 people there...but yeah, this was the event. What started out as about a cozy, 500 (maybe) group, turned into THOUSANDS when word got out that a DC cast member was there. Talk about a phenom of a show.

Later after I met him (and kicked a few people in the head who were SMOTHERING poor tykes trying to see the man), I cought the monorail to Westlake Center with my pal for some shopping. I saw a reflection in the glass, and saw that it was him. I turned around, said, "Hey, aren't you James VDB?" To which he said, "Uh, no." Jerk. He was accompanied by a small "group" of people, and they started to snicker. To which I replied (or something to this effect), "Sweetie, you're only into this show a few weeks, and you've already developed a 'tude. You're not THAT big, yet, hun. I'd try not to put down us "little people"."

Let's just say he looked shocked and shut up. I think he was almost sort of scared. Hee. Eat that, Beeky! I mean, it wasn't a big come back, but I was pretty po'd that this little actor with what, ONE film to his credit had the nerve to be a creep to a fan. Niiiice.

I got up to get off, said, "Oh, and have a nice day!" and left giggling with my friend. Ah, the joy of telling him off. Good thing I didn't talk to him when I went to Wilmy last April. Hee.

kattymom2

kattymom2

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:12 PM

*On knees bowing to Mandy*

You rock girl!! I would have paid money to see the look on The Beek face when you said that to him. What a jerk. I am so proud of you for having the forethought to respond to him like that. I probably would have just said something like, "Whatever!". To actually say those words make you my new hero.

Take that James Van Der Geek! I second Mandy's sentiment.

tersh

tersh

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:22 PM

Ok, I have one too. I posted this story a while back in the "Creekers in Other Roles" section, but it warrants a mention here. JVDB was in Calgary in 1998 or 1999 filming Texas Rangers. (What a great movie! [/sascasm]). Anways, my friend was working as a make-up artist on the set, and he noted that Ashton Kutcher was a sweetheart, but JVDB was a jerk. While he was doing make-up, JVDB did not say two words to him, but my friend still introduced himself to him as Mike. J. did not seem to care. Later, while Mike was walking by, J. yelled out "Hey you!" To which Mike ignored, seeing as how he has a name, and J. should have been familiar with it. "Hey you!" Was shouted again. Mike turned to him and said "My name is Mike, remember." The response was "Yeah, whatever. Do you have different tissues? This stuff is too rough for my face."
At the end of the shoot, JVDB apparently said "Bye Mike." But, alas, the jack-ass in him had already reared his ass, so to speak, and Mike was not swayed by this sudden acknowledgement of him as a real person.

HexLover

HexLover

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:50 PM

woops

Edited by HexLover, Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:51 PM.

Bronwen

Bronwen

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:42 AM

Mandy, you run that great Josh site and you talked smack to the Beek... you are truly a goddess!

Wysteria

Wysteria

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:46 AM

LMAO!

Thanks guys, but really, I was just doing what most people would do. I mean, seriously! He was being an ass, and there was no call for that.

I had made a little scrapbook from when I met the Buffy peeps and The Beek from that day, years ago. Is it wrong that I still have the monorail ticket from the said event?

Hee.

Morning Angel

Morning Angel

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:25 AM

Good on you, Mandy, for having a sharp comeback! I always find it hard to think of something witty to reply on the spot when someone is being a jackass. I probably would have felt like a fool, and just muttered "jerk" under my breath. Hopefully, he's grown up since then, and gotten some attitude adjustement. Otherwise, not only he is not all that likeable on screen but he has also decided to make sure everyone hates him, one person at a time.

Gradle

Gradle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:41 PM

Thanks for sharing Mandy, made my day!

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:32 PM

As I'm looking for our gossip posts on Fan Forum, I'm finding all kinds of other crap. Check this out. I think the bolded answer is particularly funny, given the questions about his sexuality.

'Rules' of the Game
James Van Der Beek answers 10 stupid questions. The WB heartthrob and star of ''The Rules of Attraction'' on Dawson and Joey's hook-up and the sexual instincts of Beanie Babies by Adam Duerson

You know him as Dawson, the prototypical boy next door on the WB's ''Dawson's Creek.'' But James Van Der Beek is about to join the dark side as the morality-challenged Sean Bateman in the big screen adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis' ''The Rules of Attraction'' (opening Oct. 11). As the 25-year-old begins his journey into adult acting, EW.com asked him to stop for a few minutes to answer 10 stupid questions.

One ''Rules of Attraction'' poster shows Beanie Babies in the many positions of the Kama Sutra. Which Beanie Baby is really the sexiest?
The blue one, definitely. She'll blow your mind.

We kept hearing that Dawson and Joey needed to ''get it off their chests'' in the premiere of ''Dawson's Creek.'' Get WHAT off their chests?
What most people get off their chests within a few months if the writers aren't afraid of the ''Moonlighting'' curse.

Really though. How long should a couple wait before, you know, getting it off their chest? Five... six seasons?
Apparently you can't wait too long.

Speaking of Dawson's loins, boxers or briefs?
Boxers. The boring ones you buy in packs of three.

What's more believable: You playing a high schooler two seasons ago on ''Dawson,'' or just about anyone on ''Friends'' playing a twentysomething?
Two years ago, with a close shave, I almost pulled it off. Now, I'd sooner buy Matt LeBlanc as a teenager.

I was a center in high school football and I remember how awkward it was the first time our QB put his hands between my butt-cheeks for a snap. What got you through your first QB/center exchange in ''Varsity Blues''?
Are you kidding? That was my favorite part!

Your part in Todd Solondz' ''Storytelling'' was cut. Wouldn't you have been happier if your role in ''Texas Rangers'' had been cut instead?
What if Todd had written and directed ''Texas Rangers''? Now THAT would have been reinventing the western. It probably would have made the same amount of money too.

Who's more of a cowboy: You or ''Texas Rangers'' co-star Usher Raymond?
Usher. He's a freak. That guy learned to ride a horse in half an hour. I don't think there's anything he can't do.

Where's your MTV Best Cameo award sitting these days?
I actually never got one. I complained, but all they did was give me one of those ''Artist of the Millennium'' awards instead.

Finally, we're all dying to know: Is it true what they say about guys with three last names?
You better believe it.

kattymom2

kattymom2

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:47 PM

At first when I saw this thread on my screen again I thought.."Dear God, not again!WTF!" Then I read what you posted PCF and LMAO! What a freak. He even manages to come off as a smug little shit in print. I sure love to hate that ass.

Spider Girl

Spider Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 2:58 PM

What katty said. Seriously, Triple worked so hard to get this thread on page 2 that I was a bit concerned...but the interview was so worth it!

Speaking of Dawson's loins, boxers or briefs?
Boxers. The boring ones you buy in packs of three.

I didn't need to know this. No, really.

Charlotte

Charlotte

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 4:30 PM

Has anyone seen this by Wing Chun and Sars? Take that, Beeky!

lyinfait

lyinfait

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 5:19 PM

hahah, Charlotte, thanks for linking that. I cannot stop laughing to see that the little chart has an "ugly" category and he's in it as well as the "untalented" group. Hilarious. I love Wing Chun and Sars!

Schroeder

Schroeder

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2004 @ 5:02 PM

I just want to go on record and say that I think my seven-year crush on James Van Der Beek died sometime this past winter.
I don't know exactly when it died. I just noticed yeterday that it had.
I think it started dying around Rules of Attraction when he and Ian Somerhadler played "confusedly gay" but wanted to make sure we knew they were just "acting", but yesteday in Target, I'm flipping through Soap Opera Digest (I think) and there's an item in there about The Beek and his Beard, and I didn't even stop to read it.
Plus I got the first-season DVDs for free from a friend, could only watch the first few episodes and actually asked myself, "What the hell was I thinking?"
That's never happened to me before.

Anyway, I know a few of you were worried about me there for nearly the entire run of the show. (Demian, especially, I can see cared as he's posted The Beek's "Smell the Fart" screen cap from True Love as motivation.)
But ... yeah. Crush has died. I've hit 27. I guess I've moved on.

Is it still OK that I stuffed myself with Ben and Jerry's last night as I mourned the passing? I had a tub of Fudge Brownie and I thought of what I've done with my life since loving The Beek. I'm surprised that Sars never banned me out of principle for crushing him.

Edited by Schroeder, Apr 24, 2004 @ 5:06 PM.

JRV

JRV

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2004 @ 12:48 PM

Here's a great juxtaposition of two Creeker pix as seen by a poster (April 24) on the One Tree Hill boards: http://forums.televi...0

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2004 @ 1:10 PM

Yes that was me, I was feeling poetic and my friend didn't believe me when I said that CMM was almost as bad as the Beek in the crying department.