SPOILERS and Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5262 replies to this topic

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:46 PM

Yahoo! TV's listing for the Jan 13 episode:

The Salazars interrogate Chase about CTU's plans to seize the virus; a onetime supporter sabotages Palmer's presidency.

Perhaps Gina Torres' character is in line with Sherry, and that's how they're going to reintroduce her.

ForeignMinister

ForeignMinister

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:43 PM

Spoilerfix.com has this up for 10:00-11:00...

01/01 - Gael speaks to Jack; Wayne tries his own field op when Milliken flexes his muscle against Palmer; Sergio delivers disturbing news to Hector; Chloe responds to a family emergency. Julia: Gina Torres. Cale: Matt Bushell. Sarah: Jaclyn Sara Silvers. Source: TitanTV

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:51 PM

I was coming here to post that bit about Chloe. High-larious. I simply cannot wait.

Other than that, who the hell are half these people? It sounds very interesting but whuh?

Edited by Benji, Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:52 PM.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:39 PM

Apparently "Cale" is one of Nina's men.

Meanwhie, maybe Wayne's response to the threat to Palmer's Presidency is to bring in Sherry to help them?

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:19 PM

Yeah, I don't know. This seems an awfully weird episode to bring Sherry into. I can't imagine why there's no mention of her in the episode description, other than possibly "a onetime supporter sabotages Palmer's presidency," although that's likely the guy whose wife Wayne screwed. So really, I have no idea how she fits into this or what the hell Wayne's "field op" entails.

My little speculation is that Chloe's personal drama isn't important because of Chloe, as Chloe's been barely utilized recently, but maybe she brings Kim along cause there's really nothing for them to do at CTU now with Jack undercover and the transponder dead. I read somewhere that Kim leaves CTU eventually, but this sounds dangerously Season 2 Perils of Spawn-esque.

marko d

marko d

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:07 PM

Well, there's always something to do at CTU, and since I wouldn't assume that Jack is doing the whole undercover deal the whole season through, there will be more work to be done.

Aside from that, do you remember how blisteringly unimportant Michelle was through the first half of season 2? You saw her bio on the Fox site, but she was never doing anything. As good of a job that TPTB have done at making Chloe utterly irritating and unlovable even at every opportunity there is to develop her character a little further, to have her connect with someone, any moment now she could become maybe remotely important. Maybe.

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:32 PM

I'd tend to agree with you that there's always stuff to do at CTU if only I didn't read way back before episode 4 aired that Kim would leave CTU eventually. Episode 10 would probably be just under their belt at that time. If she doesn't leave CTU now, I don't see how she ever would. There's really nothing for computer techs to do at this time, and they have Adam, Gael, Michelle and a bunch of extras to do the work when the time arises anyways. And it's getting late, so maybe CTU'll let the relatively unimportant people (we've been lead to believe Kim and Chloe are low-ranking) go, especially if one has a family crisis and the other they were trying to get rid of hours ago due to her personal attachments.

Edited by Benji, Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:34 PM.

erik316wttn

erik316wttn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:18 PM

Apparently "Cale" is one of Nina's men.

What do I have to do to be one of Nina's men? I'll do anything!

Mmmmmmm.....Nina.

Edited by erik316wttn, Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:19 PM.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

What do I have to do to be one of Nina's men?

Heh.

Maybe CTU'll let the relatively unimportant people (we've been lead to believe Kim and Chloe are low-ranking) go

That would be interesting to do, actually, and would tie in with the 'Kim leaves CTU' spoilers. I think that this threat is a bit different to the last two seasons which have both required a dedicated team at CTU. You're right in saying that most of the work is being done in the field and between all of the staff, I'd expect this is the kind of threat (unlike the B-O-M-B) where new staff can be called in for lower-level jobs. I'd like to see that, but to have our current CTU workers head home and run into other problems.

Allgeetoo

Allgeetoo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:39 AM

A Hummer? A Hummer in 24? Since when did Ford start making Hummers?

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:57 PM

Okay, FOX has cleared the Sherry thing up: It says in their guide:

"Palmer turns to a surprising source of help" to combat the Wayne thing that is going on.

Zerowing

Zerowing

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:06 PM

Holy crap! In the most recent preview, was that the back of Nina's head I saw??

(Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, sorry) :D

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:54 PM

Thanks, Sebastian. Hopefully she can stay around for a bit, she deserves to be more than a consultant!

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:19 PM

"Palmer turns to a surprising source of help" to combat the Wayne thing that is going on.

I knew it!

brighid

brighid

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:28 PM

I know I'm probably the only one but I find the idea of a Jack/Nina sex scene (especially from the snippet we were shown in the preview) not at all sexy and 100% disturbing.

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

A Hummer? A Hummer in 24? Since when did Ford start making Hummers?

The CTU army led by Kiefer that was chasing the bomb in the last half of the first part of S2 used hummers. In fact Jack was riding in a hammer when he shot the plane carrying the FauxB-O-M-B.

Edited by Brandon, Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:42 PM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:03 AM

I know I'm probably the only one but I find the idea of a Jack/Nina sex scene (especially from the snippet we were shown in the preview) not at all sexy and 100% disturbing.

Is that what we're getting though? Because I'm not that worried about it since the promos are usually so misleading.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:09 PM

Yahoo! TV's synopsis for the 27th:

'Jack and the Salazars continue trying to get the virus from Michael Amador; President Palmer finds out what Sherry wants in return for her help against Alan Milliken.'

FOX will have theirs up in a couple of days I guess, should be more detailed.

Anyway, can't wait to see what Sherry wants!

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 4:27 PM

TitanTV shares that Kim will receive a "disturbing assignment." Changing Tater Tot's diapers I presume. So glad Kim's at CTU- it's really protected her from the inane plots.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 7:48 PM

Yahoo! shares the following for the Feb 3 episode (Midnight - 1 AM)

"Nina tries to convince Ramon that Jack is not who he says he is; Sherry needs President Palmer's help bringing down Alan Milliken"

Thusly, one could assume that Nina finds out about Jack in the 11 PM episode, and Sherry and Palmer are going to get closer together. Or so it seems.

As for Tater Tot and Kim's "disturbing assignment"? Who knows?

Also, Jesse Borrego (Gael) is not listed in the cast - at Yahoo! at least.

Edited by Sebastian90012, Jan 21, 2004 @ 7:48 PM.

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 7:52 PM

Borrego was slated for 12 episodes, so I guess he can't be dead. And I could've sworn I read spoilers to the effect of Ramon dying next episode and saw him blowing up in the preview. Also, if Jack is chasing after him saying he "only wants the virus" in the ad for the next episode, why would Ramon need any convincing that Jack's still with CTU?

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 5:32 PM

I really don't know. As for Borrego, he could still be in the episode, I was just saying what Yahoo had.

But Titan TV has these extra notes on Midnight - 1AM, including the unfortunate one about Chloe.

"Tensions escalate at CTU with the arrival of a cocky systems analyst and a question about Chloe's baby; Sherry gets the goods on Milliken, but Palmer balks at the price."

Gustave

Gustave

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 6:07 PM

a question about Chloe's baby

"What have you done to his eyes!?!?!"

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 7:23 PM

BWAH!

I could not have laughed harder at this one!

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 7:35 PM

I'm so psyched that Chloe's baby is getting more of a storyline than POTUS has had in years, because frankly, she's a whole lot more cute.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:52 PM

Okay, this could be nothing, but IMDb has a "CTU Doctor" listed as a guest for the 2AM - 3AM episode.

Please be nothing to do with Tator Tot.

jdsilver

jdsilver

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 3:55 PM

With a slight bit of shame I admit that I watched the Joan/Melissa Rivers pre-Golden Globes show yesterday. I was zoning out of the show a bit, but did I misunderstand when Melissa interviewed Kim (Melissa told her she liked Kim's "Prom Dress," hee) and Kim said that she was real excited because she just filmed some great scenes with Keifer? Is she going down there or is he coming back to CTU? Surely she didn't just mean a phone scene. Did anyone else see the brief interview?

lmds

lmds

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 4:14 PM

Did anyone else see the brief interview?

She did say they had scenes together and they are supposed to be kick ass.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 5:34 PM

I saw that with Elisha, I thought she said she did some scenes with Kiefer where "they got to kick some butt". Interesting! Maybe everyone's wish will come true and Kim will kill Nina.

pleonasm

pleonasm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:53 PM

Maybe everyone's wish will come true and Kim will kill Nina.

Don't you mean Nina offing Kim?? That would kick ass...