Smallville Fan Fiction Recommendations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5594 replies to this topic

Ceares

Ceares

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:10 PM

Usually I'm late, but I don't haven't seen these two rec'd yet. Two terrific stories

Alexander and the Mirror and I love you more than lint

I can't recommend them enough...Lint is short but runs through the gamut of emotions, and the Mirror is just a great fairy tale...it would make a terrific episode reminiscent of Buffy's Hush or Hansel and Gretel.

kwerkee

kwerkee

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:28 PM

I am so fucking in love with Love You More Than Lint. I could be biased cause it eerily depicts the past: backpacking, summer fling, secret love 'fess up - Clark was me during summer 2000!

I second Moonlight Ladies and Alexander and the Mirror too. One's insightful, the latter unique.

bronte129

bronte129

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:07 PM

I also have to recommend Alexander and the Mirror . Very cool and very different from anything else I've read. I also have to rec Sleep While I Drive from a couple of pages ago. That has to be my favorite Smallville fic of the moment, both very unique.

Smallcondo

Smallcondo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:11 PM

I really, really liked velvetglove's latest White Bees and Sunflowers.

mobiusklein

mobiusklein

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:47 PM

I second the recommendation.

Khnum

Khnum

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:15 PM

I'm recommending two stories by Morgan R. The first is Spare Change, which is a fantastic look at the friendship between Clark and Lex, with a hint of Clex. Morgan managed to include just the right amount of misunderstanding to keep this from being too sappy, and just the right amount of character introspection to keep it from being too light. To me, this is the sweet story for people who hate sweet stories.

The second story is a short futurefic titled Ambassador. Morgan describes this as "Lex and the League," but this story is also about Lex and Clark stuck in their respective future roles (and J'onn!). On the surface it's light, but the last lines belie that.

Smallcondo

Smallcondo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:32 PM

Spare Change is one of my all time favorite fics. I think it shows the Clex in all their "ordinary" glory, but underneath the fic is deeper than that, and Ambassador just stings. I definitely second the recs.

LaChatteNoire

LaChatteNoire

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

I've got a new one. It's called Trial by Media and is the prequel to my CLFF challenge, which will be posted to the public after Jan 30. It's post-Shattered with spoilers for the whole run of the show and is completely lacking in Lana. It's go alot of Chloe in it.

I'll shut up now. ::end self pimp::

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:01 PM

Continuing in a general self-pimping theme:

A few days ago, I posted my first major Smallville work, Negative Space. It's a SciFi-inspired AU story set one hundred years in the future. NC-17 and Clexy, also plotty.

If the livejournal-based link above is being balky, you can also find it here.

Foxoa

Foxoa

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:10 AM

Wow, kieyra. I just started reading Negative Space, and so far, so brilliant. I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi AU fics, especially well-written ones, so you've made me very, very happy.

I'm also in some serious need of fanfic therapy. I've been grieving the inevitable future death of the Clex for some time now, spending most of my time in the denial stage with the help of happy AU fic. But now I've moved on to bargaining, which means I'm willing to accept that Clark and Lex are destined to be mortal enemies versus eternal lovers as long as their enmity is rooted in broken hearted angst and bitterness. Can anyone recommend their favorite dark future fics that deal with the current canon status of Supes and Lex? For instance, I absolutely loved Ambassador. Very subtle yet heart wrenching. Anything like that would be perfect. Thank you in advance.

Bunglegirl

Bunglegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:43 AM

I'm looking for an older story where Clark is scared to be with Lex because he doesn't have the typical organs, I think there's two of them. He obviously has to tell him his secret first. I've looked all through SSA and have come up empty handed. Does anyone recognize this story and have a title or author? Thanks.

LauraB

LauraB

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:27 AM

Bunglegirl, it's Good Questions, by Mereid.

Khnum

Khnum

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:13 PM

Foxoa - No Particular Night or Morning, by The Spike, fits most of your parameters, but it's not subtle. It doesn't pull any punches. NC-17.

MelanieMM

MelanieMM

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:57 PM

Anyone know any good fics where Clark and Lex don't have sex, not that I mind, but I was just wondering if there were any well written stories out there centered on their friendship, or the general goings ons of Clark and his superfriends

C.

C.

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:33 PM

MelanieMM, check out my recs page. There are a few fun, happy gen stories among the darker ones. You may have to highlight everything to get the descriptions to show up. As well, there are a few on my 'Adult and Slash' page that are there because of language and violence. Check out "Red is a Primary Colour", "Promise", and "Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar" (although the last one has slight Clex, it's mostly Clark and Pete's friendship).

Edited by C., Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:35 PM.

LastScorpion

LastScorpion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:46 PM

MelanieMM, you'd probably like I Drive the Car and its two sequels, by dyce, or Games by The Die Hard (although that's Clark & Pete friendship, not Clark & Lex.)

And you might (warning: pimping ahead) enjoy my The Great Airport Mystery, written for Beth & Caro's Clark Lex Hardy Boys Challenge (If you hate the fanfiction.net interface, you can look here instead.)

Also, this week's topic at the livejournal.com wednesday100 is friendship.

MelanieMM

MelanieMM

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 7:18 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick and thorough response:) I'll definitely check those out...things are slow at work, I'm obsessed and I need something to do haha

Bunglegirl

Bunglegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 6:01 PM

Thanks LauraB, that's the story I was looking for. I swear I spent an hour on SSA looking for it.

CanSpy

CanSpy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 4:35 PM

I've searched through almsot every page in this thread, from the beginning, just so I won't annoy people with my laziness, and I still can't find it.

I'm looking for a future-y Clex fic about Clark pretending to be gay and making Lex pretend their an item. There's a purple dildo somewhere in the mix, which made me laugh my ass off

Can anyone help me?

Edited by CanSpy, Jan 9, 2004 @ 4:35 PM.

LastScorpion

LastScorpion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

CanSpy, that might be "Card One, the Fool", which started out as "You So Owe Me for This" by MistressAce. There's a link to it here.

ETA: rated NC-17. Don't go read it if you're too young.

Edited by LastScorpion, Jan 10, 2004 @ 6:13 PM.

CanSpy

CanSpy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:33 PM

Yes! Thank you LastScorpion!

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:41 PM

Whjile not a crossover fan...this one's a goody.
High Corn Drifter by Te

"Yes. And, despite the fact that your name is Lex Luthor and we're sitting in a coffee shop in Smallville, Kansas, and you deny any knowledge of Superman..."

http://smallville.sl...1/highcorn.html

But who's Nate?

Edited by TGC-64, Jan 9, 2004 @ 6:27 PM.

Foxoa

Foxoa

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 2:00 AM

Khnum, thank you so much for reccing No Particular Night Or Day by the Spike. So intense. And exactly what I needed to fully appreciate the dark, tragic nature of the Clex.

My favorite line: "If they were brothers they'd be Abel and Cain, Clark thought. He wondered if Abel ever thought about hurting Cain the way he thought about hurting Lex. If he'd ever been as desperate to break through." Chills. Everywhere.

Anyway, thanks very much again for the rec.

Smallcondo

Smallcondo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:19 AM

Dear Lord! Just run and read Fallen by Aelita. It hurts like a mofo, so beware.

If that was just too much and some cute silliness is needed, I liked Death by Cuteness, by Nifra Idril. There are six parts as of now, but you don't need to read them all for the fic to make sense.

I also like Mara Celes' Run.

Jaded482

Jaded482

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

Thanks for the rec for "Fallen," Smallcondo. Loved this line: But it's Clark and he has always been your reason for being a poor excuse of a Luthor.

juno501

juno501

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 2:39 AM

Reinventing Pegasus is newly complete. It is subtitled 'A Love Story' so this is not the place if you are looking for a dark, edgy fic. This is more of a chick movie kind of fic. CLex. Hard R- NC-17.

Also - this is not the kind of thing that I always enjoy but I did like Captured by Isagel. AU, very AU. Roman Empire CLex. NC-17. WIP. The writer appears to have done a fair bit of research on this one so it did not cause my teeth to clench and my eyes to roll. This links to Isagel's LJ. Scroll down to the Dec 3, 2003 entry and links to all 3 chapters are there.

Edited by juno501, Jan 11, 2004 @ 2:40 AM.

Khnum

Khnum

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 6:13 PM

You're very welcome, Foxoa.

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

Can anyone recommend any Angel/Smallville crossovers? Just a weird craving.

LastScorpion

LastScorpion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:45 PM

Here's one, kieyra.

Angels and Demons by firerose. Rated PG-13. I liked it a lot.

LastScorpion

LastScorpion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:46 PM

I'm sorry. Doublepost.

Edited by LastScorpion, Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:48 PM.