Smallville in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13742 replies to this topic

kwerkee

kwerkee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:23 AM

DTS reports that SV's the Best Veteran Drama as decided by MediasharX.

ShannenB2000

ShannenB2000

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:42 PM

This week's People Magazine has a article about Michael Rosenbaum.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:11 PM

So MR writes screenplays. Hmm, think we could campaign for him to write an episode of Smallville?

Is that bottom picture of Clark and Lex from the Pilot? That's all I've got for the moment. I'm stuck on the imagery of him taking one of those daily hot baths.

Jellybeany

Jellybeany

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:10 PM

Yes, PhantomChic, that pic is indeed from the Pilot episode.

And wow, love that pic of MR! Can someone tell me who is on the cover of the People mag with the article in?

lexualhealing

lexualhealing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:43 PM

The cover is about regular people losing a great deal of weight. I haven't seen it but that's what I've heard.

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:51 PM

The cover is about regular people losing a great deal of weight. I haven't seen it but that's what I've heard.

You're right. It has two women who lost over 100 pounds on the cover. I just saw that issue today on the news stand in a london drugs.

Fleegull

Fleegull

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:56 AM

MR's new movie Cursed gets a writeup in the current issue of Dreamwatch. DTS has a scan of the article here.

NikkiJ

NikkiJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:13 PM

The Guide in Saturdays Guardian put Smallville in their Watch This column for Monday (S3 starts on E4). They only have enough space for three shows so it's quite surprising, and they put the S2 cast photo in as well.

Where would Superman be without his mood-altering kryptonite to keep things interesting? For the start of the third series, Clark's dosed up on red kryptonite - basically the crack of the superhero world (green kryptonite's the one that makes him feel a bit woozy and not so super). This means it's time for Bad Superman, with Clark working for evil crime lord Rutger Hauer. Meanwhile, Lionel's mourning Lex - but is he really dead? RV

For some reason Channel 4/E4 call it Smallville: Superman the Early Years, really annoying but they are probably trying to appeal to everybody.

hickorylane

hickorylane

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 11:08 PM

According to cinescape, "cheaper......" has made another 21 mil, to 86mil, putting it at striking distance of 100mil.

Lakita Maria

Lakita Maria

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

According to cinescape, "cheaper......" has made another 21 mil, to 86mil, putting it at striking distance of 100mil.

That's great! I'm really happy for Tom. And I agree with those who say he was smart to do his first film as one of the supporting actors - since so many TV stars fail on the big screen.

Fleegull

Fleegull

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:51 PM

Comics Continuum has some scans from the upcoming SV comic #6 which is a tie in with Asylum. This one supposedly tells the story of what happened to Lex immediately after the plane crashed.

stoutheartedmin

stoutheartedmin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:44 AM

That's all I've got for the moment. I'm stuck on the imagery of him taking one of those daily hot baths.

Me, too. It's a very happy place to be. :-)

hachurui

hachurui

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:49 PM

At least channel 4 doesn't call the show Young Superman, Nikki, like NHK 4 does in Japan, a lot worse in my book.

ShannenB2000

ShannenB2000

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:48 PM

Another one for the Tom Welling fans...

Smallville star expects to stay grounded

There's a tiny little spoiler in there too, in the paragraph where he talks about turning Smallville down initially.

Edited by ShannenB2000, Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:54 PM.

megan

megan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:00 AM

What is Tom doing? Screwing with our heads? One minute he's almost being talked into doing the movie if SV went past 7 years. Or the cast is atleast signed for 7 years, so he gonna have to play Clark in college @ SV, or college outside of SV. Then here he's saying it's only 5yrs for him and no more Supes at all. Which is worse because at 5 yrs that fits just right with going into the movie franchise with Clark just beginning. And we all are wanting him to continue.

This sucks. There's enough good actors out there why does he have to care if he plays Superman for a few movies then goes on into doing better movies like CR did. Now he's developing actor's chops and artistic expectations of a high fallootin distinguished acting career, great.

Trevacious Guy

Trevacious Guy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 8:53 PM

Smallville # 6 arrived in stores yesterday. Good way to get my Smallville fix on another Rerun Wednesday night. I'm impressed at how well the coordination between the comic and tv series has worked out. This timing of this issue's A-story fits snuggly between Magnetic and Shattered and nicely reinforces both episodes with additional revelations.

Good to see Lex's couch trip and some new scenes with Louis, both on and beyond the island.

Great Pete-centered back-up story too that I think would've been a great gag for the show. It'd be fun to see Smallville play an episode for pure comedy sometime. (I mean, Deliberately.)

Also a good John Schneider interview. Sounds like he really Is Bo Kent as a father in his real life.

suzycat

suzycat

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

Al Gough told K-site that all of the actors have been signed on for at least 7 years.

GAH! That's too long! They'll be into actual Superman stuff by then. Although I gather in the comics Supes is 30ish (33? hee) when he assumes the cape, since the show revolves around Clark, Lex and Lana, he'd have to start being Superish early because otherwise, Lex's issue is not going to be with Superman, but with Clark Kent alone. Ten years down the track and he starts wearing a silly costume? Lex would blow it out of the water immediately.

Groan. You know what this means? Endlessly circling Clana (gag) and endlessly implied-deferred rift (yay, but dramatically, not so good).

rob1-sv

rob1-sv

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

So, I was checking TV Guide online (note- topic! Sorta.) to see what reruns were playing and I see no mention of Asylum over the next two weeks. Mild panic sets in. I check specifically for Wed. 14- and college basketball is listed. CRAP!!! I'm in CT- anyone else noticing premptions? And if so, anyone heard when we might catch a rerun? (I am really regretting they don't air a second showing on Sun. anymore.)

Crap. Crap again. Mucho unhappiness in the friggin NE.

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 8:40 PM

Ok, I'm sure this is completly off topic, but if sort of ties in with what the last poster was saying

So, I was checking TV Guide online (note- topic! Sorta.) to see what reruns were playing and I see no mention of Asylum over the next two weeks.

(I also have no idea where else to put it) . I can't find any mention of when Asylum will air either. Is anyone else out there from Vancouver (Canada), and know when its going to air ?

rob1-sv

rob1-sv

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:00 PM

I checked on Kryptonsite to see if they had any info on goofy airing dates. Found a thread about Canada airing one day early (Tues 13)- but there was a bit of confusion whether that would be the new episode or a rerun. Thread is here, if it's any help. Anyway, see if you can check a local TV guide (TV Guide online works for Canada too, I believe) and scope the Tues. 13 date. Luck with it.

Edited by rob1-sv, Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:00 PM.

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:16 PM

Hey, thanks soo much rob1-sv. I still cant find it :( its freakin me out. I'm surprised I can't find it, seeing as its even filmed here and all...

ETA: that I can stop worrying, I just found it :D yay!

Edited by tropicalgeko, Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:30 PM.

hickorylane

hickorylane

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:44 PM

Rob, i live in ct as well, and just found out tonight that we won't get to see it. The local wb station usually then runs the linup on saturday, in order, so smallville, then angel. But you could check with them, i think is is wb20.com

Just checked, we get is sat night at 8pm. the sight, for future ref, is wb20.trb.com, because it will probably happen again before the end of the season

Edited by hickorylane, Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:50 PM.

Trevacious Guy

Trevacious Guy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 9:49 PM

I check specifically for Wed. 14- and college basketball is listed.

Same here. They did at least make an announcement that it will air on Saturday night. Maybe you'll get the same bargain. What happened to the days when they'd simply air these games on tape delay later that night, after the local newscast?

rob1-sv

rob1-sv

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:01 PM

hickorylane, you're my hero!! I've bookmarked that site for future reference. (TV Guide has the Sat. airing listed as the Pilot, so I wouldn't have known to tape it w/out the CT WB site info.) Thanks again.

Fleegull

Fleegull

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:41 PM

According to Watch With Kristin from E!, tonight is the WB's Winter PArty. This usually produces some pretty interesting photos.

Cannibal

Cannibal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:44 PM

Reeve Returns to Smallville

The link leads to a description of the episode, so avoid it if you don't like spoilers

The producers of "Smallville" have followed through on their wish to bring Christopher Reeve back to the show.
Reeve first appeared on the show in February 2003 as a scientist with knowledge about Clark Kent's (Tom Welling) origins. At the time, co-creator Al Gough said he hoped to make the character of Dr. Swann a recurring role, saying "Every hero needs a wise man."

That hope has now come to fruition, as the former big-screen Superman will reprise his role in an episode scheduled for Wednesday, April 14, The WB announced Tuesday

Smallville (or more precisely Exodus) made it to 35 on thefutoncritics 50 best episodes of 2003.

Edited by Cannibal, Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:59 PM.

Philyra

Philyra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 5:18 AM

There's an interview with Ian Somerhalder about Smallville at TV Guide today. It's a little spoilery, but he also talks about his impressions of KK and TW. And I would give my right arm to learn more about the Spain trip.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 6:48 AM

And I would give my right arm to learn more about the Spain trip.

I'll give my left arm, and that way it's a complete set!

I wonder if KK ever gets tired of people going on and on (and on and on) about her looks? I didn't know IS was a model. He seems kind of... vertically challenged for that. How tall is he anyway?

Philyra

Philyra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 10:31 AM

Oh, he most definitely modelled. He was the Guess? boy for a long time, and he was the "Hey! It's that model!" for me and my friends. Before I learned his name from "Rules of Attraction", we called him Pouty McPoutster. He would just pop up everywhere. Both the fansite and the IMDB list him at 5'9" - I saw him in New York once and he was slightly shorter than me at 5'10". I would've said around 5'7" or 8".

Also, looks like "Smallville" will be his last WB appearance for a while. He was supposed to co-star in the mid-season drama "Fearless", but it's been cancelled before it even aired.

Edited by Philyra, Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:01 AM.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:28 AM

I would've said around 5'7" or 8".

Well at least he's closer to KK's height then. Even if I liked the Clana, I could never endorse it because it looks so non-ergonomic, with Lana having to bend her head at a 90 degree angle just to look at Clark.

Edited by Cyb, Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:29 AM.