Jack "Spy Daddy" Bristow [a.k.a. Victor Garber]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1985 replies to this topic

KarenML

KarenML

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:44 PM

It's not wrong for someone VG's age to have those shoulders (why is sexiness reserved for the young?) but it's probably wrong that I'm so excited about it.

Actually, I think VG is one of those lucky individuals who just keeps getting better and better. Those shoulders are... well, as my computer loaded the picture from top to bottom, I actually hissed in a breath. Geez. To say nothing of the neck and collarbone area. Geez squared. I swear, I didn't even realize that the picture could be spoilerish because I was not noticing the presence of anyone else in the image but him.

Oh well, as some man once said, "I'm married, not dead!"

Or as my esteemed grandmother once said, looking at a photograph of Robert Redford from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids many many years ago, "Who cares where you work up an appetite as long as you eat dinner at home?" Who am I to argue with my all-wise elders?

LadyGrey

LadyGrey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:23 AM

Happy New Year indeed! *fans self*

This man is old enough to be my father. And yet I do not care. Men my age don't have shoulders (and arms!) like that anyway.

If there's a "Shirtless Victor NOW!" campaign, sign me up. *goes to blow picture up to poster size*

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:36 AM

TPTB must know that we'd get a lot of mileage out of that picture to release it so early. And we certainly have. My-oh-my...such male studliness should not be kept under wraps forever! Again, thank you, Victor!! (And to the person who twisted your arm to do it, a special thank you.)

Happy New Year to all my fellow Alias/Victor fans. May all our dreams come true in 2004!!

kradical

kradical

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:58 PM

Dear Lord!

Please forgive me for the dirty dirty thoughts that are going through my head right now about a man way old enough to be my father (perhaps even my father's father). But if you didn't want me to have a week's worth of confession material over that..you shouldn't have made something so damn sexy!

I heart SpyDaddy!

KarenML

KarenML

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:41 PM

So, I've been amusing myself by imagining balloon captions for that photo. Examples:

Victor: JJ, I know I said I'd do anything for money, but that big fat check you promised me had better be in my mailbox.

###

Katya: My sister (sigh, deep sigh, flexing of hand muscles preparatory to fingertip placement on skin) may be a fool. But I am not. Can I help you with that shirt?

Can you all come up with any?

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:24 PM

How about: "Is that a passive tracker or are you just glad to see me?"

I slay me.

Gondro

Gondro

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:36 PM

Bwahaha to you both!

Frogboy Lives

Frogboy Lives

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:25 PM

Victor: I'm too sexy for my shirt.

The Audience: And your pants!!!

OLynn

OLynn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:56 PM

Victor: JJ um, I've been looking over the script for episode 12 and something appears to be amiss, namely my shirt.

JJ: Let me explain. I'm of the opinion that the implied sexual undertones of you in your undershirt will be great for ratings.

Victor: Let me be clear. I'm of the theatre, we don't have sex we just sing about it.

Alias Fanatic

Alias Fanatic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:23 PM

Victor: Does this mole look O.K. to you?

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:17 AM

IR: I'm terribly sorry, Mr. Garber. I've spilt wine all over your shirt. Let me wash that for you. Oh dear, it's on your tee shirt too, take that off as well... My goodness, not your pants too!

(You see where I'm going with this....if only!)

KarenML

KarenML

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 8:29 AM

..."Oh. I was wrong. So very wrong. That is an ACTIVE tracker. Very, um, active. Lucky me. Where do you want to... place it? I might have a suggestion. Lean a little closer and I'll tell you."

OverTheRainbow

OverTheRainbow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:25 PM

You guys are cracking me up and making an uber-dreary Monday so much fun.

That picture <sigh!>...I've been showing it to people and telling everyone about the wonder and glory thereof. And finally, my friend says, "You know that's not you in the picture with him, right?" Only in my head, my friend, only in my head. And then I point out that I was a featured extra in Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon and she was in Legally Blonde with Victor Garber. Sexually harrased by him, even. And in the great Kevin Bacon Game scheme of things that's just one person between me and said sexual harrassment. I am a sad, sick little girl.

Edited: Becase spelinng stuf rite is gud.

Edited by OverTheRainbow, Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:26 PM.

chesh

chesh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:23 PM

I slay me.

You slay me as well...That pic is just... Christ! You know when it happens, I won't hear any dialogue, in fact, I don't think any of the sound will reach my brain. Dialogue? What dialogue? Victor Garber has no shirt-There is no dialogue.

Oy. I had other things to say, but that pic seems to have melted parts of my brain. Damn.

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:03 PM

Hahaha, did you just see it for the first time, Chesh?

I think the monkeys were wise in releasing that in advance...if we had been surprised by that on our tv screens, all hell might have broken loose.

I'm reminded of someone saying, "He's the manliest man who ever manned!" Now who started that? Because it's a geat line!!

kzingirl

kzingirl

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:49 PM

Yeah, they can't just be throwing around images like that without a little warning. Whew! I've looked at that pic dozens of times and it's still hotter than hades. And y'all's caption contributions have been too funny.

Then in Kristen's chat she said that this ep will bring ScantilyClad!SpyDaddy. Now that's what I call alliteration. Perhaps she's just talking about the pic, in which case, Woo-who. But if there's more... I don't even care about this Sunday's ep all that much at this point. Bring on the 18th!

KarenML

KarenML

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

I think the monkeys were wise in releasing that in advance...if we had been surprised by that on our tv screens, all hell might have broken loose.

Thank gawd, they gave us some advance warning. Or I might have provided far more information to my husband about what goes on in my head than desirable when I shrieked, fainted, salivated or did things otherwise unacceptable in a family living room upon sight of Mr. Garber's skin. And muscles. And lovely collarbones. And.... sigh. Oh, wait -- is there a plot to the ep? Do we care? No, just as long as there's an excuse to see him without much clothes, I don't care 'bout no damn plot. Now, an excuse to see him without much clothes -- there's a plot contrivance I could LUV. Especially if it comes without the amazo chango accento.

GC Girl

GC Girl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:42 PM

Oh, wait -- is there a plot to the ep? Do we care? No, just as long as there's an excuse to see him without much clothes, I don't care 'bout no damn plot.

You're preaching to the choir KarenML. Mind you, if you need a refresher in a less-than-fully-clothed Victor, there's always Godspell and Invisible Child.

By the way, a very belated but sincere thank you to the person who gave me the heads up about the rules of not signing posts. Thank you very much for letting me know!!

chesh

chesh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 8:54 PM

Hahaha, did you just see it for the first time, Chesh?

Yes! I was so excited I accidently poked myself in the eye. It hurt for like an hour (which is a long time if you have no attention span) But it was so worth it! I needs it to stay warm, as it is, pardon my language, Fucking Cold degrees Celsius (which translates, roughly, to Fucking cold degrees Farenheit).

Edited by chesh, Jan 8, 2004 @ 8:56 PM.

LadyGrey

LadyGrey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:29 PM

*raises hand tentatively* SpyDadFan, I think I christened Jack the 'manliest man who ever manned' back when he was prowling across the TV screen dressed all in black and killing that rude Simon for saying mean things about his little girl. I can't take credit for the phrase, I saw it on another thread in reference to someone else entirely. But it fits Victor so perfectly. Especially after seeing The Picture.

*SWUDs back into gutter, where Jack and his arms are waiting to catch*

joey42

joey42

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

Thank gawd, they gave us some advance warning.

Agreed. I have visited that lovely photo about once a day since I first saw it in order to make advance preparations for January 18. I shudder to think what my reaction to that episode might have been otherwise. Now I can (try to) control my reaction. Hey, if my dear, sweet husband can watch Jennifer Garner parade around in her lacy underthings and not dissolve into a puddle of drool on our living room floor, I really ought to be thoughtful enough to return the favor.

paradox

paradox

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:10 PM

Oh my... oh, my, my... I usually keep myself confined to nospoho spec... but I wandered in here this morning and I have seen the light! And man, when the light's got a shoulder like that... if spoilers are wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Now if I just manipulate (sweet tumble into gutter) the pic and toss the whole left side out... mmm-hmmm...

My birthday's on the 17th; what a present! Who cares if it's a day late--I'm just gonna believe that the Big Guy up in Alias heaven is doing it all just for me... OK, I've got to try to recover some decorum and dignity and mastery over (I can't stop!) the English language, and return to work.

You guys? Seriously rock! Digitally-induced euphoria is the way to go!

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:52 PM

Heehee...wonder what Victor would do if he knew what his nekkid shoulder is inspiring... How pink would his ears get then?

Thanks, LadyGrey, for owning up to your discovery of the perfect Jack/Victor phrase. Whoever was using it about someone else, obviously hasn't a clue!

18matt

18matt

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:03 PM

I've looked through the pages and I can't find the links to the pics you guys are talking about, and it's KILLING me. Could someone please repost them?

joey42

joey42

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

It's on page 82 of this thread, but here you go:

white tank pic

paradox

paradox

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:12 PM

Here you go, 18matt: SpyDaddy Heaven

And again, it's spoilery. But IMHO, well worth it!

You beat me to it joey42!

Edited by paradox, Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:14 PM.

chesh

chesh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:15 AM

Anybody else finding themselves really disappointed with alias tonight? Tonight and next week are all about JJ caving to the public. But then again, Jack is going to be scantily-clad next week, so who cares about tonight?

I so called that Jack was right to do his Project christmas thing on Sydney. And where the hell was Jack during the op? It's not like it's his daughters life or anything, geez.I just keep repeating the words "scantily-clad" over and over.

Mam

Mam

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:52 AM

Jack would not have known what the mission was about. Only Syd and Dixon knew. Syd was sworn to secrecy before Kendall told her what had happened. I wonder if she will tell Jack the whole story anyway. She would have a hard time explaining why she was suddenly no longer interested in finding out what happened to her. I hope she acknowledges to him he was right to put her through Project Christmas. It did EXACTLY what he told her he hoped it would do for her.

SpyDadFan

SpyDadFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 3:09 AM

I just hope the "scantily clad" scene is at least twice as long as the funeral scene.

Geez, if ya blinked tonight, you'd have missed Jack! :o

And yeah...this board already predicted the harvesting of eggs and Evil!Lauren. It was okay...at leat we got a few answers. As much as Lauren annoyed me, I'm a bit sorry she's evil now. Now we'll be back to kissy-face S/V. Oh. Joy.

ETA: I'm ITA with the props to Jack for using Project Christmas on Syd. Here's what I think she should say to him next:

"Oh, Daddy, you were so right to test Project Christmas on me and to protect me from ever being brainwashed. How could I ever have been such a short-sighted, ungrateful WienerKid to doubt that everything you do, you do for me? I'm sorry Daddy, I was wrong and you were right.

"Now, what would you like to talk about Daddy?? Oh, you want to go find mom and plant a passive tracker while wearing a wife-beater? You want a whole episode to yourself? Sure, Daddy, anything for you!!"

Heh heh heh...

Edited by SpyDadFan, Jan 12, 2004 @ 3:19 AM.

OLynn

OLynn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:27 AM

Anybody else finding themselves really disappointed with alias tonight?

Was I the only one watching this epi going blah, blah, blah, shirtless Victor next week!? On a related note, I'm going to assume that the reason Victor was in this epi for all of about 9.6 seconds was because he was too busy during the filming buffing up for his big scene next week. Hee.

Btw, did I understand this correctly? Kendall and Dixon both knew 9 months out that Sydney was alive and didn't say anything to Jack? Just let him go to solitary for trying to find out what happened to her? Cause if that's true, dudes that shit just isn't right. Especially considering the amount of times everyone just seems to fuck protocol and the rules whenever it suits them best.

Which is of course, is one of the reasons why we love our SpyDaddy so much, cause when it comes to breaking the rules for his little girl, SpyDaddy rules.

Eta I kind of thought that memorial scene was a little lame. Like I thought a burial at sea, meant at sea. The way Vaughn was throwing Syd's ashes it looked like she was going to be part of some kid's sandcastle the next day.

Edited by OLynn, Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:53 AM.