The Old Scrubs Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5278 replies to this topic

Aragorn

Aragorn

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:17 AM

The Brendan Fraser news is probably the best since... well, since he was cast the first time around. Ben is definitely my favourite character outside the opening credits seven.

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:37 AM

I got the Scrubs soundtrack for Xmas. Woo! That is all. :)

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:50 PM

There's a Scrubs soundtrack? Huh. And if Amazon.com is to be believed, it was released some fifteen months ago. Where the heck have I been?

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:54 PM

I've started watching pretty recently, but I'm hooked. So hooked. Does anyone know if there's going to be a DVD release anytime soon?

mimiko1

mimiko1

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 9:17 AM

will someone please give Eliot a brush? I'm beginning to dislike her hair more and more.

cuyler123

cuyler123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 9:19 AM

Another major guest star for February sweeps:

From usatoday.com:
Michael J. Fox will be appearing in two episodes during February sweeps. He will play an accomplished doctor who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder. Fox is the fifth guest star from Spin City, which was created and executive produced by Bill Lawrence.

Laviebohem

Laviebohem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:45 AM

I cannot wait for Michael J. Fox to guest star!!!!!!(oooh the first time I've used spoiler tags, I feel so grown up)This is going to be good. It HAS to be good. Yummy.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:34 PM

Hearing of these guest stars has me all excited about new episodes of this show. When will we see the next new episode? Anybody know? I know it isn't on this week.

I saw that Scrubs was on quite a few year-end "best of" lists for various newspapers, online sites, and magazines. Perhaps it'll finally start getting the attention it deserves.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:07 PM

Does anyone know when it's coming to DVD? My fave moment of this season so far is the montage of JD pining as REM's "Bad Day" plays. Perfect song for the moment.

Laviebohem

Laviebohem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:01 AM

The Producers Guild of America has announced it's nominations for this year and Scrubs is up for best comedies series. FINALLY some acknowledgment!!! Yay! (And Alias is up for best drama series. Double YAY!)

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, obviously

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:37 PM

Just came over to post the link to the Producers Guild list of nominees.

Edited by DMW_SFU, Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:37 PM.

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:56 PM

MediasharX.com has named Scrubs its Best Veteran Sitcom.

The show is filled with gut-busting humor and it simultaneously manages to touch you deep down inside at times.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:06 PM

Did anyone not immediately think of a very Todd-like response to the above?

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:53 PM

Ooh! Good one, high five!

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:45 AM

"Virtual five!", I think you mean.

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:51 AM

That's it! Damn my shoddy memory!

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:37 PM

I don't know if you all have heard, but there will not be an episode of Scrubs airing this Thursday as originally planned (I believe). NBC has decided to air the second episode of The Apprentice in the same post-Friends slot as it aired last week, pre-empting our beloved Sacred Heart gang until next week. An article I read even referred to Scrubs as one of NBC's "lesser" Thursday comedies. Pish, I say to that.

The Apprentice is great entertainment, but I want me some Scrubs! Wah!

augustanachic1689

augustanachic1689

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:18 AM

Fuck NBC. When did they decide to go the way of FUX?

chbarr

chbarr

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:53 AM

[rant]
WTF with the schedule change?!?

I know that reality TV is the sort of thing that can be fickle, especially in the second run (one only has to watch "Joe Millionaire 2" to know that). However, will networks accept that many of us don't like reality shows, and go out of our way to avoid them?

Instead, they bump "Scrubs." It's their best hope for a new sitcom. Setting aside the also-rans ("Good Morning Miami," "Meet the Parents," etc.), they are really running out of things for "Must See TV" momentum. "Friends" and "Frasier" are out the door come may, and "Will and Grace" has started a serious downward spiral. "Scrubs" is their best bet for something to build on. Do they promote it? No. Do they at least keep it on the schedule consistently? No. @#$%!!!!

Also, what's up with these "8:32" start times? Do they have to mess with VCRs so much?
[/rant]

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 4:13 PM

I don't get it either, and I'd love to rant and rave about it, but I wouldn't end up saying anything that hasn't already been said. Hopefully there will be a lot less of this next year when Friends isn't on any more and won't be considered the "anchor" of Thursday night TV.

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:19 PM

Indeed. Ditto.

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, obviously

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:55 PM

This is from The Futon Critic's list of the 50 best episodes of 2003. So far, they've posted episodes 50-41. I'm just saying that somewhere on the list better be My White Whale because Christopher Meloni was the funniest thing ever.

41. "scrubs: his story" (nbc)
originally aired: january 30, 2003

Hearing Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) take over the show's narration is worth the price of admission alone in this episode as he finds himself in the psychiatrist's (Eric Bogosian) chair. Even better: having the psychiatrist throwing Cox's trademark long-winded speeches back in his face. And let's not forget the introduction of Rick Schroder as Nurse Paul Flowers.

Edited by DMW_SFU, Oct 23, 2005 @ 10:12 PM.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:38 AM

PopMatters named Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke as two of the top tv performers of 2003:

http://www.popmatter...abernethy.shtml

chbarr

chbarr

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:46 PM

Hopefully there will be a lot less of this next year when Friends isn't on any more and won't be considered the "anchor" of Thursday night TV.

My fear is that if there is no clear "anchor," they'll be more apt to pre-empt the whole freakin' block for the latest "My Big Fat Apprentice Surving the Fear Factor of Average Joe Millionaire."

My other fear is that "Scrubs" might be lead into JtS territory. It is borderline now, with JD pining for Elliot. So far, it hasn't been an issue--they've kept the funny and the "growth yet no growth" that made it fresh and fun. However, if JD/Elliot become the focus, Cox matures, Turk/Carla settles down, and the rest, it might not be as strong a player when it is really needed.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 2:01 PM

I am very pissed off at NBC for this switch, and I actually enjoyed watching the Apprentice. However, I got involved watching because I knew it was a Wednesday show & I had nothing else I was watching in that slot (also, Miss Alli is recapping and she's gold!). But if they're going to screw around with my Scrubs timeslot for this show, I may have to turn my back on The Hair, The Donald and even Miss Alli's recaps.

SpaceyCadet

SpaceyCadet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 8:20 AM

Anyone know when we'll get a new ep?

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 2:33 PM

SpaceyCadet (and anyone else who is curious), the official NBC website for Scrubs lists a new episode for January 22nd.

Tara Reid will be on again. IMO, meh. Hope her run is almost over.

SpaceyCadet

SpaceyCadet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 3:07 PM

Thanks. Until seeing all the NBC promos last night, I thought we'd get one tomorrow.

Alia James

Alia James

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 1:16 PM

I have the horrible suspicion that some network exec is passive-aggressively looking for a way to kill off Scrubs. Think about it: you mess with the programming of their time slot, cut the running time of each show, program episodes out of order, and - alas! - the ratings aren't good enough. Then you, the Evil Network Executive, can say, "Hey! You got the post-Friends slot! If you couldn't make it happen *there*, then it ain't gonna happen..." and you can kill it with a clear conscience.

I, for one, would love to know if their budget's been cut sometime in the last year. Or maybe this confirms my acceptance into the Conspiracy Theorists' Hall of Fame...

Lucky Bishop

Lucky Bishop

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:52 AM

Then why are they also referring to it as their "secret weapon" in their current press releases?