ACTOR: Tom Welling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6629 replies to this topic

ShannenB2000

ShannenB2000

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:32 PM

There's a little mini interview with Tom in this week's US Magazine. I scanned it here--sorry that the article from the other side shows through. If you can't read it, let me know and I can transcribe it for you.

There was also a review of the film, but I cut it out--it didn't scan well, and they didn't say much about Tom anyway, other than he and Ashton were the hunks of the film.

Clarkie76

Clarkie76

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:25 PM

Thanks, Shannen! I viewed the scanned article just fine. TW's response to the first question put a smile on my face. Very considerate and wise. :)

LuluBelleBean

LuluBelleBean

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:55 AM

Hasn't it been fun to see Tom Welling on the publicity circuit?

And magazines like People and Us, covering his first movie?

He's gotten much more relaxed about all of it I think. Neat to see the difference from one interview to the next. It was fun to watch the way he talks with his hands on that Carson daly show ... much less at ease on TRL but very relaxed with Regis and Kelly, and with the the women in The View.

I particularly got a laugh out of the reaction to his comment on GMA that he wants to BE Bonnie Hunt when he grows up!

I love seeing the adult that he is. I can recall the shock I had seeing him when he did TRL and Regis the first time ... for the first time I really I realized he was acting big time when he was playing Clark. I was shocked to see a grown up standing there wearing Tom's face (and a handsome face it is too!)

Lulu

Bunglegirl

Bunglegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:16 AM

This amuses me even if it's a little stalkerish - from the 'sightings' section of www.gawker.com:

Tom Welling, the smallville guy, was shopping at paragon sports on sat early afternoon 12/26. he's (big surprise) really good looking. and very, very tall. Didn't realize it was him at first. At first, I thought he was some tortured gay teen (he looks really burdened in a closeted-gay way), but then I realized he must be just be annoyed at all the people staring. Cause everyone was.

lexualhealing

lexualhealing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

At first, I thought he was some tortured gay teen (he looks really burdened in a closeted-gay way),

This is priceless!

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 11:59 AM

he looks really burdened in a closeted-gay way

Maybe he was practicing his mopey eyes for a future episode. Or the Gayle, bless 'im.

Edited by Cyb, Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:08 PM.

Bunglegirl

Bunglegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:19 PM

he looks really burdened in a closeted-gay way

I thought you guys would appreciate this. And it sounds like it's not a Smallville fan. I thought we were the only ones reading into Tom's looks.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:58 AM

I saw 'Cheaper by the Dozen' a few days ago, and it's a GREAT movie. Really funny. But the highlight of the movie for me was Tom Welling.

I've watched a few episodes of Smallville, and don't get me wrong, I could tell Tom was one hot babe, but he didn't make much of an impression on me. Whereas in the movie - whew...

There's this one scene where Tom's character, Charlie, has to say goodbye to his girlfriend because the his family is moving, and there's this 10-second scene of them hugging and him kissing the top of her head, and OH. MY. GOD. He really conyeved (sp?) the trauma of having to leave his girlfriend (and looked HOT while doing so!) Plus! There's a shirtless scene! :)

He made the movie for me, and now I can officially count myself as a Tom Welling fan, which means I will be watching heaps more Smallville from now on.

stinaNYC

stinaNYC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 9:10 AM

Yay! We have a convert! Welcome to the cult...er, I mean family!

Just...please don't become a Clark/Lana fan. We might have to throw fruit and sharp, pink things at you. We can't help it. It's instinct now.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:00 PM

I'll do my best. Unfortunately, here in Australia, we're only halfway through the second season - which means we're way way way behind. And there's no guarantee that it'll keep screening, because it's summer now, and that's when they screen all the stuff that didn't take off in the ratings period.

But I will enjoy my Tom Fix (it's now in capitals, people) as long as it is available to me.

Edited to ask: are we going to get a 'Cheaper by the Dozen' recap as an Extra?

Edited by Sarahj, Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:02 PM.

hickorylane

hickorylane

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:37 PM

This is only a rumor, but I was at superherohype, and a poster in a message board(which could be highly unreliable) said that tw's next movie will be the Peter Jackson written, and directed,(of Lord of the Rings) remake of King Kong.

Like I said, it is only a rumor at this point, but if it is true, it is supposed to film next summer for a 2005 release. TW may be making the big time, as this could be a very big picture, maybe a summer blockbuster.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:26 AM

He's not playing the monkey is he?

Sorry... sorry! I couldn't resist.

NothingsShocking

NothingsShocking

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 2:20 PM

Hm. That's probably crap, but I adore Peter Jackson. His earlier films (Bad Taste, DeadAlive) are classics.

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

He's not playing the monkey is he?

Sorry... sorry! I couldn't resist.

ahahahahahahaha! Holy, that's exactly the same thing I thought when I read the king kong post but I was too chicken to put it lol go Cyb! (and just for the record, I hope the king kong rumor is bull....)

Edited by tropicalgeko, Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:35 PM.

hickorylane

hickorylane

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 11:54 PM

I thought it probably was bunk, but thought I would pass it along. Though it would have meant working with an A list director, on a very big budget movie. I don't have any interest in a King Kong movie myself, however if TW was going to be in it, I would re-consider.

Had to drag kids along for the excuse to see cheaper....., not sure what excuse I would have used for KING KONG

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:33 AM

Had to drag kids along for the excuse to see cheaper....., not sure what excuse I would have used for KING KONG

I did the same thing to see cheaper lol I forced them on boxing day no less.....

TVjunky

TVjunky

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:54 AM

There is no shame in being a grown adult seeing "Cheaper By the Dozen" by his or herself... I went on New Year's Day. Alone. Because it was the first time I was exiled from my family and friends on January 1rst. I figured seeing a movie with 12 kids in it was the best way to alleviate the loneliness.

*runs and hides in shame*

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

You're a braver man (woman, person?) than I was TVjunky! lol not that im ashamed of my Tom love or anything, I just coulden't bring myself to buy tickets to that without at least two little kids at my side haha

Philyra

Philyra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 10:36 AM

I saw no shame in theoretically going alone, although I told the family I was going to see "Cold Mountain". When they asked about it after I returned home, I was like "...It was cold...there was a mountain...Bridget Jones..."

tropicalgeko

tropicalgeko

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:10 AM

I told the family I was going to see "Cold Mountain". When they asked about it after I returned home, I was like "...It was cold...there was a mountain...Bridget Jones..."

ahahahahahahaha lmao, oh man, I find that sooo friggin hilarious lol

Lakita Maria

Lakita Maria

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 7:14 PM

Who cares what people think? I figured out long ago people really aren't going to bother thinking about you much. It's kinda arrogant to actually think they would, imho. I can't for the life of me understand why it should actually embarass anyone to go to a movie like this without having kids to take or whatever. It's a good movie.

hachurui

hachurui

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:18 AM

Really? cause it got a ton of crappy reviews. Guess ill check it out then. Hope its like Parenthood.

LuluBelleBean

LuluBelleBean

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 1:59 AM

Well I loved the movie ... thought it was funny and at least it was clean humor too. Some times I find that to be totally refreshing. And TW's part was bigger than I expected.

Went with my sister and no kids ... have been quite brazen about that since I turned 30 way back when.

I never pay attention to reviews ... CBTD also got good reviews with the bad as do most movies. Everyone has their own taste.

I have seen some gawdawful movies bought some too ... just in support of my fave actors. Nothing Tom can do would be as bad as Stars & Bars ... an alleged comedy I bought JUST because of Danial Day Lewis.

CBTD is better than a lot of the stuff that is out there. And Tom did a fine job with the part. I could have done without Hillary Duff a bit and most of Ashton Kutcher but that problem will be almost completely solved once I buy the DVD ;-D.

Lulu

Lakita Maria

Lakita Maria

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

Really? cause it got a ton of crappy reviews. Guess ill check it out then. Hope its like Parenthood.

I read some crappy reviews too, but Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up. And Ebert also gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I found it too loud - the sound in the theater was way too high for a film with that many kids in it. But it was awesome seeing Tom on the big screen. I'm so glad the first movie he's in is turning out to be a hit.

Fleegull

Fleegull

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 10:51 AM

DTS has some pics that a fan took with TW yesterday. The story surrounding the pics contains spoilers to an upcoming episode so I figured I'd link to the pictures themselves, which aren't spoilery at all:

[url="http://www.lana-clark.pointblankweb.com/P1190085.jpg""]TW & Fan 1[/url]

TW Signing an autograph

TW & Fan 2

Lakita Maria

Lakita Maria

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 2:57 PM

That was sweet of him to visit with those girls. But it totally sucks that he's wearing a coat with a fur-lined hood. I hate fur.

keekee8000

keekee8000

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:20 PM

Could it be fake fur?

Lakita Maria

Lakita Maria

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:48 PM

Looks like real fur to me. Fake just doesn't look like that. I've worked with a vet who treats wildlife and we've had a few foxes in, like a really young one that had been caught by some kids and badly beaten. So that really saddens me to see Tom wearing a fox-fur trimmed parka. I thought he loved animals since he has dogs and his wife rides horses. I guess it probably wouldn't bother me, animals eat animals after all, but it's the way the fur animals are treated that totally disgusts me. Damn, I guess I shouldn't make such a big deal about it, but that's such a disappointment that Tom would go for something like that. :(

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 6:37 PM

Well maybe it's a gift from someone and he felt obligated to wear it, like the blue cowboy boots my mother got me. Yuck.

Tigress35

Tigress35

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 1:00 AM

It looks warm. NY is cold.

What if it was a costume? Unlikely, but possible...

Can't you see CK in fur? Lex could buy him some!

Edited by Tigress35, Jan 21, 2004 @ 1:01 AM.