24 In The Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3292 replies to this topic

dchmello

dchmello

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:30 PM

While you're bored waiting for 9:00PM - 10:00PM, go to the Fox Homepage and hold your mouse pointer over Kiefer's face.

(It's the little pleasures that get me through the day... ;")

ETA: this doesn't work anymore. At the time, it linked to Malcom in the Middle.

Edited by dchmello, Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:25 AM.

brighid

brighid

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:34 PM

Heh!

Maybe Kiefer is guest-starring on other FOX shows now.

trippyhop

trippyhop

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:03 PM

OMG!!! Check this out. Scroll down to the bottom of the page - it's the second to the bottom. It is too funny - for all you Spawn lovers and haters.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:05 AM

24 made Herc's 10 best hourlong dramas at No. 7.

Slashgirl

Slashgirl

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

Carlos Bernard was a guest on The Wayne Brady Show today. Unfortunately, the only part of the interview I saw was CB's talking about his leg injury from last year.

Edited by Slashgirl, Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:52 AM.

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

A friend of mine who saw Wayne Brady said that CB wasn't asked anything too meaty about this season.

Penarol1916

Penarol1916

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:35 PM

Interesting article here in Slate about how the writers of 24 have used people's assumptions about a terrorist's race in the last two seasons to pull the old switcheroo.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:51 PM

Thanks for the link, Penarol1916. Good article, with one notable exception...

because of Sutherland's own trademark creepiness

That? Is all kinds of wrong! Creepiness? Not bloody likely! Sex appeal, people! Sex appeal!

Penarol1916

Penarol1916

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

Come on, if you remember Keifer in Freeway with Reese Witherspoon, then you will recall how creepy he can be. But I digress.

MeeshyPeeshy22

MeeshyPeeshy22

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

Thanks for the link trippyhop. Hee hee, "how to escape cougars pg 7."

Smurfy

Smurfy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:35 PM

Come on, if you remember Keifer in Freeway with Reese Witherspoon, then you will recall how creepy he can be. But I digress.

OT/ I know, I just re-watched A Time To Kill again for the first time in years and was floored by the fact that I completely forgot Keifer played this evil KKK member...he's still my boyfriend, though.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:36 PM

remember Keifer in Freeway

Ok, I'll give ya that one. I was just applying that comment to "24" and "Jack Bauer" and find no creepiness whatsoever. But that'd be the Kieferette in me talking too!

Melia

Melia

Video Archivist

• Interests:24, Bones, Buffy, Angel, Lost, Sopranos, Smallville, Firefly

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:02 PM

Kiefer will be the feature interview in the February issue of Playboy. At PB's site there's a teaser for it which I've reproduced so it's work/parent friendly viewing. he talks about his role in 24 among other things. I've a friend (or mole if you like) inside Playboy who's read the interview and says it's really good.

39mickemuskrat

39mickemuskrat

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:23 PM

has a giggle fit imagining all the kieferettes going to the story to buy Playboy.

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 11:18 PM

Well, at the very least our NotKiefs won't grumble as much about this magazine purchase!

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

Sorry...double post.

Edited by Elliot, Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:30 AM.

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:30 AM

Matt Roush of TVGuide has posted a Dispatch about the latest episode.

Also, his second AskMatt question of the week contains a fairly chauvenistic take on 24 ("...where the men are men and women are appreciative of that fact...").

Edited by Elliot, Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:32 AM.

fwmom

fwmom

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 9:11 AM

Sarah Clarke will be on The View tomorrow.

amelia41

amelia41

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 9:37 AM

Thanks fwmom. That sounds worth taping. Can't wait to hear her take on the Nina/Jack situation.

Gustave

Gustave

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 12:42 PM

Heather Havrilesky, with whom I normally see eye-to-eye on all television matters except 24, has grown disillusioned with this season to the point that she is soliciting suggestions to "save" 24. While I agree that this season needs some work, I am confused by Heather's assertion that this season needs to be more like season two.

Brachiator

Brachiator

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:27 PM

Heather Havrilesky, with whom I normally see eye-to-eye on all television matters except 24, has grown disillusioned with this season to the point that she is soliciting suggestions to "save" 24. While I agree that this season needs some work, I am confused by Heather's assertion that this season needs to be more like season two.

Saw the article and am equally stymied by Heather’s desire that this season be more like last time around. One thing that I hadn’t thought about that is brought out in Kiefer’s Playboy interview is that he likes aspects of this season more because Jack is driving the story by means of the sting operation, rather than reacting to a bad guy’s schemes. I have been a little miffed at the plot lines that have apparently been truncated (Dr. Anne, the odd semi-resolution of Tony’s disability, etc.) but I’m still plugged in and ready to see what develops next.

By the by, I didn’t know until the Playboy interview that the tattoo on Jack’s arm is the real deal, not a makeup job for the sake of the character. Intense.

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

From Slate: 24 and its use of terror and twists as manipulative devices.

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 2:12 AM

While I agree that this season needs some work, I am confused by Heather's assertion that this season needs to be more like season two.

All her examples were from before the bomb went off though. I though S2 was going pretty well until then.

Marmie

Marmie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:02 AM

From today’s Globe and Mail:

The big bonus for the show’s devoted followers is the news that President Palmer’s ex-wife Sherry makes a comeback tonight. We all know what that means. The Lady MacBeth of prime-time is only there to plot, scheme and generally cause havoc. I know that last season a lot of viewers were disappointed that she didn’t end up tortured, with her feet in a bucket of water and electric paddles zapping her. Actually, she’s been missed this year.

24 has been very convoluted and truly warped so far. There has been more than the usual amount of violence, betrayal and double-dealing. The series is also being taken very, very seriously in some quarters. Recently, I read an article claiming it was the most important thing in American culture right now.

The critic wrote “By creating a context of suffering and violence, the writers instill in viewers a strong presumption that 24 is grounded in the starkest exigencies of the real world.” Right, fine. But the starkest exigency is that Kim Bauer is still the most annoying person on TV.[/QUOTE]

Edited by Gustave, Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:12 AM.

raramama

raramama

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:40 AM

Marmie, the begining of that article has a huge spoiler! *my eyes!*

Gustave

Gustave

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:11 AM

Lady Mac's return has already been announced in the mainstream media. There's no need for spoiler tags.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:42 PM

Any of you subscribe to "Lucky" magazine? Elisha Cuthbert is on the cover for this month. No surprise this issue is vapid and unhelpful. Hee Hee. (that's a dig on the character not the actress)

She doesn't say much. Just that her style is ever-changing. Lucky is a magazine strictly devoted to shopping and the shop-aholics who love them like myself. So it's not like they would be asking her about her views on world peace.

Box Fan

Box Fan

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 3:14 PM

All her examples were from before the bomb went off though. I though S2 was going pretty well until then.

Agreed. I actually really enjoyed season 2 up until the bomb went off. I was a newbie watching the show and I didn't have season 1 to judge off of or compare to. Therefore, I was totally taken in by all its ridiculous twists and turns and I loved every minute of it. Despite its decline after the bomb detonation, it quickly became the show I had to see every week last season.

Similarly, I've talked to some people who are new to the show and haven't seen the last two seasons and they love the series now. Whereas I find this season to be not as exciting (yet), but just a little more well thought out than last season's final 8 or so episodes.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 3:33 PM

Mia Kirshner is scheduled to appear on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on Thursday night/Friday morning. Check local listings.

Too bad it's to promote her new show The L Word and not her return to 24.

Gustave

Gustave

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 3:39 PM

I actually really enjoyed season 2 up until the bomb went off.

Fine, but Havrilesky asserts that the bomb detonation itself was one of the finer points of season two that season three lacks.