Josh Lyman: Tragedy magnet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2360 replies to this topic

missnell

missnell

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:53 AM

Delurking on this thread, too, to say that if there are any more JL/BW harem openings, count me in. Josh-as-character has a kind of crazy swingy almost balletic grace that I find lurking beneath his swagger. It's vulnerable and and even a little lonely - kind of like Gene Kelly in "Singing in the Rain." Just watch him maneuvering in and out of rooms and down hallways. Deft. Mmmm, swingalicious.

Okay, it's late and I'm going to end this flight of fancy before I get *cough* OT, but as a new convert to the Church of BW, I would agree that he is a fine and subtle actor, and deserves his fame. Plus a five-pound box of money.

kap

kap

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:54 PM

I only caught part of the last episode. Is Josh supposed to be a Yale Law grad, or originally from CT, or both???

westwinger247

westwinger247

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:05 PM

Josh grew up in Westport, CT

Went to undergrad at Harvard

Went to Yale Law.

And has the cutest butt in professional politics.

Edited by westwinger247, Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:05 PM.

clemens

clemens

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 12:28 AM

I'm quoting Gordon Shumway from the episode thread, and she was, of course, referring to MS, not BW, but when I saw

I realize that they would have to have makeup put a really nice scar on him if we are to see him with his shirt off

I wondered if I am the only one dying to see Josh's scar? I don't want to see sex scenes on my WW, though, so maybe we just catch him changing for a meeting? Or if that Vegas trip from the speculation thread every materializes, I would certainly not object to poolside Josh.

Edited by clemens, Jan 10, 2004 @ 12:30 AM.

Sprojunky

Sprojunky

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:48 AM

MMmmmm... shirtless BW. I think I need to be alone now.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 9:42 AM

MMmmmm... shirtless BW. I think I need to be alone now.

Yes Sprojunky. I think I'm going to be alone with the stripping pics now.

ETA: I caught the old episode of The Equalizier from 1985 that Brad guested in last night. OMG was he HOT then??? YESS. I think my carpet had a puddle of droll on it afterwards.

Edited by susan89, Jan 14, 2004 @ 2:27 PM.

chuckleup,buttercup

chuckleup,buttercup

Couch Potato

• Interests:In TV: West Wing, Supernatural, Ugly Betty. <br /><br />In life: Being a big old pinko; snowboarding; running; Middle East, Canadian, and U.S. politics; fruit, vegetables, and dessert.

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 11:47 PM

Hot then, hot now, susan!

ms black

ms black

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 2:08 PM

BW will be on tomorrow night's X-Files on the SciFi channel. I think it's on at 11pm but check your local listings.

fredoaustin

fredoaustin

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 9:47 AM

I am 99% sure that I have never seen this site this site posted on here before. It includes screencaps of all of Brad's movie and TV appearances.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 1:40 PM

The Just Brad site is great! I'm on there constantly. It also has a forum which has great BW discussion.

BTW any Brits here keep a very close eye on C4 for an ad where celebs (from shows shown on the channel) say their fave word. Brad is one of them along with John and Richard. He's on screen for about 30 milliseconds but he's very HOT. I managed to tape it and have been watching it every free second I have. For anyone wondering his fave word is cajoule. I looked it up in a dictionary and the meaning is: "If you cajoule someone into doing something you persuade them to do it by saying nice things." How cute is that?

Edited by susan89, Jan 29, 2004 @ 1:43 PM.

ladyDonna

ladyDonna

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 2:51 PM

Do you mean cajole, "To urge with gentle and repeated appeals, teasing, or flattery; wheedle."? Or is cajoule the U.K. spelling?
In any case, a very appropriate word for BW to choose!

Tnariel

Tnariel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 10:43 PM

He's on screen for about 30 milliseconds but he's very HOT

I've seen that, 30 milliseconds is an overstatement, and he's not even fully on the screen!

However, they are running a series of them, so who knows, maybe he'll pop up again.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 1:52 PM

Do you mean cajole, "To urge with gentle and repeated appeals, teasing, or flattery; wheedle."? Or is cajoule the U.K. spelling?
In any case, a very appropriate word for BW to choose!

That's what I meant but I'm going through a "can't spell any word right" phase. And yes it's very appropriate.

sellevision

sellevision

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 12:36 AM

For those of you who missed BW's speech at the NARAL dinner last week, here's the text.

Oykamu

Oykamu

Couch Potato

• Interests:TV: Alias, Bones, Californication, Dark Angel, Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, In Plain Sight, L&amp;O:SVU, NCIS, West Wing, and X-Files

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 12:43 AM

Iím tempted to throw my speech up in the air and scream for us all to run for our civic lives.

Hee! I love BW. That whole speech made me not want to "run for [my] civic [life]."

dissolvedgirl

dissolvedgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 8:20 AM

Go Brad! What a fab guy.

malzie

malzie

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 2:21 PM

I didn't think I could love BW more then I did. But after reading that speech, I love him a thousand times more. Way to go BW!!!

woopwoopkitty

woopwoopkitty

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 5:38 PM

I'm firmly pro-choice so I liked what BW had to say on the topic, but this quote:

Before I close, I want to acknowledge my sister, Debbie Ward, and Mom, Genevieve Whitford (whoís gonna be 89 years old next month) who came down from  Philadelphia to be here tonight, two women, I can assure you who donít need a bunch of Oil executives telling them what to do with their bodies.  Ma, Debbie, on behalf of my brothers, I want to thank you for making sure we like our women strong and independent.

really got to me. That's a lot of class and I'm glad he recognizes the role his mother played in forming his own value system towards women.

Tnariel

Tnariel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 5:46 PM

Doesn't he have two sisters?

NeuroSpud

NeuroSpud

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 9:27 PM

I honestly don't know how many siblings BW has, but I think in the speech he meant that his sister Debbie and his mom had come to hear him speak. So maybe he has another sister who couldn't make it.

eurp

eurp

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 11:25 PM

BW has two older sisters - Debbie, who is a nurse, and Ann, who writes books for children. He also has two older brothers - David, a writer for Esquire and other magazines, and Robert, who is an interpreter in the US courts system. And his mother, Genevieve, has had three books of poetry published and plays the harp. A very accomplished family.

missnell

missnell

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 1:08 PM

Having spent my weekend with a protesting mr. missnell at a required premarital "course" during which I was not-so-subtly enjoined to stay home and have babies and give up sex until my honeymoon, I thank BW and his sane and humorous speech from the bottom of my heart. Not only does he seem like a groovy son and brother and spouse, but he'll be a fine dad to his girls, IMHO.

kenyn98

kenyn98

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 1:53 PM

Do you think BW checked with ABS before lifting his "Republicans who want to make the government just small enough to fit in our bedrooms" line?

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 2:36 PM

I love that speech. BW is great. I wish I could have been there.

Go Brad!

willynilly

willynilly

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 9:20 AM

Wow! Just when I thought my love of BW could not possibly grow any more... Lovely speech, I bet he delivered it beautifully.

clemens

clemens

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 11:28 AM

That is BW's voice starring in the commercials for the Cancer Survivors Network, isn't it?

netcord2002

netcord2002

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 9:28 AM

--I am pretty sure I just heard Brad's voice in a Am. Cancer Society commercial with an elderly couple bowling. I was not watching, but the voice made me turn my head to look closer. :-)

Erica Vanderm

Erica Vanderm

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2004 @ 1:26 AM

I just don't buy the idea that a guy who read theoretical physics for recreation while injured would have no interest in exploration of the universe.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 21, 2004 @ 6:55 AM

Brad's in another 2 C4 ads (and these are the only thing that stop me complaining about season 4 not coming. The ONLY thing) Anyway the 1st one if you could what would you do differently with your life and he says start dancing when he was young (how cute is that?) and the 2nd is your worst fault which Brad says his is being messy (he doens't seem like a messy guy to me). Fingers-crossed theres more.

Edited by susan89, Feb 21, 2004 @ 6:58 AM.

nepenthe

nepenthe

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 22, 2004 @ 3:58 PM

Oops... ignore me.

Edited by nepenthe, Feb 22, 2004 @ 4:03 PM.