The Young and the Restless

• Please log in to reply

121518 replies to this topic

Poll: Character Nicknames (377 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel character nicknames should be handled in the thread?

1. Don't allow nicknames at all. (112 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Allow nicknames, but with a pinned post at the top of the thread explaining them. (178 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Allow nicknames without the pinned post and people will figure it out. (86 votes [22.87%])

Percentage of vote: 22.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:44 AM

Wondering about the nicknames used in the thread? Poster SweePea59 was kind enough to take the time to compile them for us. You can find them here, here, and here, so please check the posts out before asking in the thread. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.
Updated links to nicknames

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Making a new ruling on tweets, since they are prevalent in this thread:

In the future, please link to individual tweets or a Twitter feed instead of copying and pasting them into a post. Not everyone wants to read them; those who do can follow your links. And technically, they are copyrighted material just like a blog post or an article, so they shouldn't be copied and pasted anyway.

In addition, please don't just post tweets -- add some commentary or thoughts of your own. A post full of tweets is just like a list post -- boring to read. We want to know YOUR thoughts. This is especially important in single-thread shows like this one.

PM me if you have questions or comments.

cmb81

cmb81

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:43 PM

Although if she does show up I'd like to see her interact with Victoria. The ending of Villy has played out a lot like Shick after Cassie died. Could be a good bonding moment for the two. 

Artsda Good point I didn't even think of that! I'm sure Victor/Nikki have a picture of Cassie up at the Ranch. If Victoria invites him to Abby's party he could see it then.

Based on the BTS pictures leaked, it seems like party is held at least party at the ranch. No doubt Stitch will see a picture of Cassie and tells Victoria that he treated her "niece" and then she will tell him it is impossible because she is dead. I can also see Stitch covering for Fake Cassie thinking she is in some kind of trouble and being her second alliance in town. 

Victoria/Sharon scene would be different, I wonder if they would go there since now Victoria has been in Sharon's shoes (kinda) and understands more of how Sharon bedded Brad back in the day during her fallout with Nick's affair. It could be a real nice moment of clarity for the two of them. 

Highandlow

Highandlow

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 9:45 AM

LOL  Well, I hope Lauren will have twins ala Adrienne Barbeau who was 50 yrs old when she got pregnant with them.

I also hope her twins will be girls who will wrap their daddy around their little fingers..

It was pretty commonplace up until the advent of the pill for couples to have a "change of life" surprise pregnancy. Unfortunately, women have 50-year old eggs that get inseminated, and the risk of birth defects is pretty high.  That said, although we know Lauren's got to be 50 or pushing it, but she looks young and fit so it isn't so far fetched to contemplate.  Along with Adrienne Barbeau, there was Elizabeth Edwards who had twins at 50 after the death of her son, but the hormone drugs to stimulate conception probably resulted in her contracting cancer a few years later.

LeftPhalange1

LeftPhalange1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

Lauren needs to calm down.

Chloe needs to be sedated. 

Lily needs to be murdered. 

politichick

politichick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 6:44 PM

Thank God Lauren isn't pregnant. She is too old. They should explore the menopause thing. A lot of viewers who started off watching the show with her from the beginning are probably going through the same thing now.

I am afraid that Leslie is married to Dylan's father. That may be the only explanation for her having gotten married so suddenly.

All this from someone who hasn't watched the show for months except for a few times. At first I was mad that they fired Adam, then I was even madder when I discovered why and it was his fault. Now that Bold and the Beautiful is getting stupid as fuck, I am finding myself drawn to Y&R. I hope they get me a good Adam, though!

sparklebunny27

sparklebunny27

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 7:28 PM

I thought of this thread today. My Big Blue Plate broke. Was it recast on the show, or did it just disappear?

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 8:55 PM

Jill Larson was a delight. Per the CC her character didn't have a name but I think the show should hire her on a continuing basis. She could go around town upbraiding people and telling them that she will not be putting up with their shenanigans. Sort of a one-woman Greek chorus.

Somebody needs to put two into Chloe's head, stat. They shoot horses don't they?

I am afraid that Leslie is married to Dylan's father.

Wait, what? I thought she or someone said she'd married a doctor. Ian isn't a doctor, is he? And why would she marry her client, a man she knows is a predator?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu, Apr 15, 2014 @ 8:56 PM.

DizzieSpell

DizzieSpell

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:06 PM

The fashion show was horrible. What the hell are the idiots running this show thinking? Chloe needs to be shown the exit immediately. This isn't even entertaining to watch. Chelsea can go with her. I swear it's insulting to believe these morons think this is even close to the old Y&R. The show needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. This regime has lost all focus on what made this show stand out from the other soaps. Now it's just a run-of-the-mill ABC soap from ten years ago. Nothing is memorable anymore. It's just dreck.

R Scott

R Scott

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:38 PM

Sorry but the last  thing Lauren needs is another kid. cause Sheila, Carmine and Daisy  will all just return  to kidnap it  and torment Lauren.

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

I thought the show was really good on Tuesday. The acting was top notch and emotional for Michael/Lauren, Kevin/Chloe/Chelsea, and even Jill/Colin. I loved the catfight between Chloe and Chelsea as it was long oberdue and Bill Bell loved himself a catfight. But at the same time it is sad to see how their friendship has deteriorated. Kevin is heartbreaking realizing that he can't fix Chloe, their marriage was a mistake, and she just does not feel for him the ways he feels for her. A

As for Lauren, it is not unrealistic for a change of life baby at 50. Michael was coming around to the idea so seeing it all end up being a false alarn was sad. That sense of loss is real even if the baby wasn't. This better go somewhere though. As for Jill and Colin, the story of the music box is lame, but Jess and Tristan have chemistry. Colin is using Jill but he does seem to love her. I didn't even mind the fashion show. Budgets what they are, we are lucky they even had a stage.

LithoGirl

LithoGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 12:58 PM

The show does feel like an ABC soap these days. I've always hated ABC soaps. The sets, the music, pretty much all of the new hires, they all have a particular feel to them. I'm not sure how to describe it, other than "cheap". Something just feels off.

LeftPhalange1

LeftPhalange1

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 PM

The same bitch who represented psychotic Daisy in a pathetic attempt to stick it to her sister is criticizing Leslie for representing Ian? Shut the fuck up Avery. 

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 01:32 PM

The same bitch who represented psychotic Daisy in a pathetic attempt to stick it to her sister is criticizing Leslie for representing Ian? Shut the fuck up Avery. 

She's such a know it all and buttinski. Did it occur to her it was her bright idea to track him down in the first place?!

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

There was a lot of fun/funny at the fashion show.  Of course, the fabulous Jill Larson was the fun.  The catfight was downright funny.

But what about the "models" running around for what seemed like hours in the dresses they were supposed to be modelling?  I only realized at the last minute that Lily's dress was what she was modelling.  And then how about the drama around the showcase dress, that the show was building up to?  Really?  They could have just as easily ended on the wedding gown.  But I loved how Chelsea Scissorhands (or maybe that should be Chloe's name) managed to salvage the dress and work the snip-snips into it.

It was cute how Noah and Caroline had their little scenes--it was only later that I realized it is because they are married or a couple IRL.

So far Cady is a big improvement as Kelly.  I guess I just really didn't like Cynthia Watrous' acting.  And the Phyllis anvils are starting to give me a headache.

Speaking of anvils we can see now why Hilary keeps harping on about how Lily is spiteful, holds a grudge and cannot forgive.  Enter the new dilemma of Colin wanting to see his grandchildren.  Wonder if they are making Lily into a shrew so that Cane can boink someone else, someone like Chelsea?

I have never been a fan of Chloe but she is really beyond unlikeable.  We should have sympathy for her but we all just want her to leave.  Nice job.  

LeftPhalange1

LeftPhalange1

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 07:27 PM

Wonder if they are making Lily into a shrew so that Cane can boink someone else, someone like Chelsea?

Please no. I actually like Chelsea. Let Lily stay stuck with him. Or maybe Neil can fuck him since he likes sharing romantic partners with his kids.

Edited by LeftPhalange1, Yesterday, 07:27 PM.

jbethea

jbethea

Loyal Viewer

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

aren't wedding dresses the traditional finale anyway?

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

aren't wedding dresses the traditional finale anyway?

I think they are but that thing Abby had on was hardly a showstopper. None of those outfits was particularly special, IMO.

Or maybe Neil can fuck him since he likes sharing romantic partners with his kids.

Oh em gee. Heh, maybe Neil and Victor can start a support group.

DizzieSpell

DizzieSpell

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 12:03 AM

This show is on life support. There's nothing good about it now. These writers are banking on this Shick reunion to bring in the viewers, but it's hollow. I expect the ratings to continue to slide.

Sake614

Sake614

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:37 AM

And that dress Lily was wearing is something she's worn before. Maybe to the Delia benefit? Or something last year? But I know I've seen her in it before, so it wasn't even new. Or particularly interesting. Then again, none of the dresses stood out as something to be inspired by.

IdleBrook

IdleBrook

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

Speaking of anvils we can see now why Hilary keeps harping on about how Lily is spiteful, holds a grudge and cannot forgive. Enter the new dilemma of Colin wanting to see his grandchildren. Wonder if they are making Lily into a shrew so that Cane can boink someone else, someone like Chelsea?

I really wonder why they have Hilary repeating this.  First, Hilary comes off hypocritical and lacking self-awareness because she came to town to act out on her seven-year grudge and get revenge on the Winters.  Second, Lily has a long history of forgiving those who have done her wrong - Kevin, Chloe, and even Cane.  She has valid reasons for not forgiving either Hilary or Colin, but they write her as shrewish and unreasonable in order to make her come off as the one in the wrong.  I feel like Lily and Chloe demonstrate this regimes bad habit of turning the victim into the bad guy in order to save characters they mucked up writing in the first place. 

Edited by IdleBrook, Today, 09:45 AM.