The Young and the Restless

• Please log in to reply

121529 replies to this topic

Poll: Character Nicknames (377 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel character nicknames should be handled in the thread?

1. Don't allow nicknames at all. (112 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Allow nicknames, but with a pinned post at the top of the thread explaining them. (178 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Allow nicknames without the pinned post and people will figure it out. (86 votes [22.87%])

Percentage of vote: 22.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:44 AM

Wondering about the nicknames used in the thread? Poster SweePea59 was kind enough to take the time to compile them for us. You can find them here, here, and here, so please check the posts out before asking in the thread. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.
Updated links to nicknames

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Making a new ruling on tweets, since they are prevalent in this thread:

In the future, please link to individual tweets or a Twitter feed instead of copying and pasting them into a post. Not everyone wants to read them; those who do can follow your links. And technically, they are copyrighted material just like a blog post or an article, so they shouldn't be copied and pasted anyway.

In addition, please don't just post tweets -- add some commentary or thoughts of your own. A post full of tweets is just like a list post -- boring to read. We want to know YOUR thoughts. This is especially important in single-thread shows like this one.

PM me if you have questions or comments.

cmb81

cmb81

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:34 PM

NuKyle is very tall! Maybe it will work. Maybe not. NuAbby is very tall too, but I welcome that change because it drove me crazy how short Abby was when all the members of her family were tall people.

Here is a picture of NuAbby and NuKyle together. So many new faces to get used too. And there will be more
Spoiler

Edited by cmb81, Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:34 PM.

LeftPhalange

LeftPhalange

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

Chloe has officially become a character they needs to leave the screen.

Spoiler

There is absolutely no reason why she needs to be doing this so is it ok if I just pretend like this story isn't happening? I like Chloe and Kevin but it really seems like they have no idea what to do with them. I guess this is what happens when you have 1241463 characters to write for.

LithoGirl

LithoGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 5:22 PM

Huh. Hopefully that's just a bad pic, but NuKyle is not very attractive. That's disappointing.

miamama

miamama

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 5:59 PM

Oh for heaven's sake, Chloe. Get a freakin job. This new development is ridiculous. All their money woes are nonsensical. A young couple can't get it together? If they have horrific debt they can talk to a financial advisor, get some help, file for bankruptcy. It's so beyond stupid. And as if Billy wouldn't be paying significant child support for Delia. And there is the fact that Kevin and Chloe have zero chemistry. Ack. These two need to go away.

I guess this is what happens when you have 1241463 characters to write for.

I think you're on to something Phalange.

Huh. Hopefully that's just a bad pic, but NuKyle is not very attractive. That's disappointing.

Not loving the pics. But maybe he presents differently onscreen. NuAbby on the other hand screams Ashley's daughter to me. Abby's shortness drove me bananas. Although, honestly, I think I'll laugh my ass off when I first see Billy and nuKyle scenes. BM is so differently built and so much shorter. At least PB is more tall and slim in his build.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

I'm telling you......nuKyle has Jay Leno's chin and it ain't a good look. He's too tall & has a horse face. The first time he walks into the GCAC and goes to the bar Carmine will ask why the long face? Maybe, the writers/producers want Kyle to go into a new direction (isn't that what TPTB say when they are firing an actor) and, Kyle is going to be quirky or something. Maybe, more comedic. He just doesn't look like leading man material to me. IMO!

Shretired

Shretired

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:21 PM

I would add that EB is not only looking older, but not well physically. He's been a wheezing for quite some time now, but his breathing is more labored than usual. I've long been fed up with Prictor, and now might be a good time to give us and him a break.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Oh for heaven's sake, Chloe. Get a freakin job. This new development is ridiculous. All their money woes are nonsensical. A young couple can't get it together? If they have horrific debt they can talk to a financial advisor, get some help, file for bankruptcy. It's so beyond stupid. And as if Billy wouldn't be paying significant child support for Delia. And there is the fact that Kevin and Chloe have zero chemistry. Ack. These two need to go away.

Agree completely. I'm really sick of their shit
Spoiler
Chloe and Chipmunk can get the hell off my screen.

Not loving the pics. But maybe he presents differently onscreen. NuAbby on the other hand screams Ashley's daughter to me. Abby's shortness drove me bananas. Although, honestly, I think I'll laugh my ass off when I first see Billy and nuKyle scenes. BM is so differently built and so much shorter. At least PB is more tall and slim in his build.

NuKyle isn't that attractive and is too tall. NuAbby looks a lot like ED/Ashley.

Lamplighter

Lamplighter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

NuKyle is unnecessary. I thought OldKyle was sexy in a built like a brick shithouse way, sort of like Uncle Billy but less the menacing horse teeth.

It's funny, watching those anniversary intros, you get a sense of the actors in real life and my God, Brickshithouse Billy chooses to make all those horrible grimaces at us and the saintly people of Genoa City.

There are some telling pictures online if you Google Marco Dapper, bless his immodest little heart.

ilsalund

ilsalund

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 8:47 PM

NuKyle's been on a couple of prime-time series-- GCB and Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23-- and trust, he's got his own brick-shithouse-ness going on. There was even a whole episode of Don't Trust The B about how the main girl wanted to fuck him even though he was really dumb, just because of his abs.

R Scott

R Scott

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

Jeanne Cooper said there was a flu bug going around the Y&R set she,Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas-Scott,Josh Morrow all had the flu. maybe that was why EB wasn't looking good.

twistedsoul7

twistedsoul7

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

Here is some behind the scene footage of the 40th Anniversary Event yesterday.

Part 1 / Part 2

I've seen NuKyle on a few things. Dude can act and he has a ripped body. I bet they recast him because they are taking Kyle in a completely new direction. That casting notice for "Connor Boyd" was clearly for NuKyle and they had him described as a guy not wanting to be part of the family business. I also bet Phyllis will be rolling around with NuKyle by the end of May.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:22 PM

Apparently, EB has never had a face lift & doesn't wear makeup on the show. He looks good for his age. He didn't look good the first 5 or so years and then looked great up till about 5 years ago. As long, he keeps his shirt buttoned up he's okay with me. By the way, he lastest phrase is, "you son of a bitch!!" It's become my latest fpdrinking game and I'm getting drunker everyday.

buckmom

buckmom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 6:56 AM

The behind the scenes stuff was very entertaining--thanks for the links!!

And I'd love to know how the videographer got in invited to the backstage : )

miamama

miamama

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:04 AM

NuKyle is unnecessary. I thought OldKyle was sexy in a built like a brick shithouse way, sort of like Uncle Billy but less the menacing horse teeth.

It's funny, watching those anniversary intros, you get a sense of the actors in real life and my God, Brickshithouse Billy chooses to make all those horrible grimaces at us and the saintly people of Genoa City.

There are some telling pictures online if you Google Marco Dapper, bless his immodest little heart.

God this post made me laugh. :) I wonder if BH couldn't commit sufficiently to the role and that's why they recast the part. Though I read tallKyle has a knack for humour. That would be nice if the character was going that route. This show can be so dark.

capricasix

capricasix

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:09 AM

sort of like Uncle Billy but less the menacing horse teeth.

He makes me think, a little bit, of the Cheshire Cat, LOL.

catalogrrr

catalogrrr

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

Here is some behind the scene footage of the 40th Anniversary Event yesterday.

This is great. I have one question, though. Why is Kate Linder in costume? She's the only one!

twistedsoul7

twistedsoul7

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

Professional Photo Gallery from the 40th Anniversary Party Gallery 1 / Gallery 2

They all look great!

cmb81

cmb81

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:33 AM

And I'd love to know how the videographer got in invited to the backstage : )

It is Doug from "On Air with Doug" who is a popular Y&R Podcaster. He has talked to a lot of them on his show and I think CBS Daytime threw him an invite. They are being very smart this go around about including all walks of "press" to their events. Lots of buzz happening.

This is great. I have one question, though. Why is Kate Linder in costume? She's the only one!

Based on what Doug was saying on twitter last night, she was filming. As were a lot of them. They just took a break to do this press event. If you look closely some folks weren't even there for the group picture popped up throughout the video at different points. He said that many of them were rushed off right back to set after the cake was cut.

Here is Doug's website. He posted a ton of pictures as well. I liked the pictures of the set. Billy and Victoria's house is much improved!

Edited by cmb81, Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:34 AM.

catalogrrr

catalogrrr

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:46 AM

Based on what Doug was saying on twitter last night, she was filming.

Ah, that makes sense. I guess her costume is much more formal than other cast members that it really stuck out to me. Thanks for the explanation!

thrillSeeker

thrillSeeker

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

I have one question, though. Why is Kate Linder in costume?

Funny, I thought the same thing. It's like the woman lives to be in that outfit. I find the fact that she wears the damn thing at all weird. Most domestic help don't wear these kind of outfits these days because it's insulting and a throw back to earlier times. If anything, she needs to loose the ridiculous hat. It reminds me of those old nurses hats, which no one wears these days.

SPOILER from SOD!
Spoiler
Oh brother.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Oh brother.

BTW, Victor did NOT pay for Adam's Harvard education. Apparently, EB ad libbed that line and it should have been cut, but the producers didn't catch it. Lots of folks tweeted MM about this plot point yesterday and he clarified it last night. Adam payed for his education with scholarship and poker money. MM asked everybody to chill out because he's made mistakes and to leave EB alone. I thought that was very classy.

Edited by thrillSeeker, Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:15 AM.

twistedsoul7

twistedsoul7

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:15 AM

Interesting that they are putting
Spoiler

This can't end well.

Edited by twistedsoul7, Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:36 AM.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

Most domestic help don't wear these kind of outfits these days because it's insulting and a throw back to earlier times. If anything, she needs to loose the ridiculous hat. It reminds me of those old nurses hats, which no one wears these days.

SPOILER from SOD!

Spoiler
Oh brother.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Oh brother.

BTW, Victor did NOT pay for Adam's Harvard education. Apparently, EB ad libbed that line and it should have been cut, but the producers didn't catch it. Lots of folks tweeted MM about this plot point yesterday and he clarified it last night. Adam payed for his education with scholarship and poker money. MM asked everybody to chill out because he's made mistakes and to leave EB alone. I thought that was very classy.

Experience isn't fact, but my ex was very wealthy and his live in help didn't wear uniforms and with the people he associated with that they felt uniforms looks like you said "dated" or corny.

Fun spoilers. (sarcasm)
Spoiler

I don't mind when actors ad lib, especially if it's jokes but when it's a big plot point it confuses some of the viewers. It was classy for MM to explain.

Edited by Petunia13, Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:48 AM.

BC1795

BC1795

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

MM asked everybody to chill out because he's made mistakes and to leave EB alone.

Mikey, baby, that's some mistake. But you are still a classy guy for saying that.

miamama

miamama

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

What a weird ad lib though? It's not like he alluded to some past stuff between characters like apparently JW and TEB did recently (or so I read and the director made them redo the scene). It's like EB believes Victor has done this for Adam. Quite funny actually.

Not that I completely blame EB, the history with Adam was retconned. So, it would be hard to keep track, but still.

Okay in those BTS shots from Doug's site, tallKyle doesn't tower over PB. He's taller but doesn't look like an NBA player.

LithoGirl

LithoGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

That ad lib mistake should've been caught in the editing room. But, yeah, Adam's history has been changed so maybe they were confused, too.

cmb81

cmb81

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:03 PM

It reminds me when MM adibbed or (or just misspoke) that Jack was in detox to Chelsea when it was clear at that point in the storyline she didn't know that yet. MCE covered well. They all do it. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised to learn that Victor secretly funded his college. It isn't like Victor hasn't done shit like that in the past. Remember when he purchased the entire building that own RS to "protect" Nick from failure without his knowledge. Total Victor move.

Lamplighter

Lamplighter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

So in other words, when her
Spoiler

What a nice person. I can see why they'd expect we'd empathize.

katierose295

katierose295

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

I've been enjoying all the little cast intros for the anniversary. It was a treat today to see the first Kevin/Michael scene, again. God, I freaked out when the show first revealed the two of them were brothers! My all-time favorite SL on Y&R. It was just fantastic acting and really deepened Michael's character.

My favorite anniversary into was actually Paul's, though. He seemed like he was having such a good time and made me laugh with his remising about Eva Longoria breaking up his marriage. ("Good choice!") He just came off as so much more charming and fun than Paul, who is always so blah IMO. I've decided to allow him to stay on my show. You're welcome, DD. ;)

Edited to fix initials.

Edited by katierose295, Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:30 PM.

capricasix

capricasix

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 7:55 PM

My favorite anniversary into was actually Paul's, though. He seemed like he was having such a good time and made me laugh with his remising about Eva Longoria breaking up his marriage. ("Good choice!") He just came off as so much more charming and fun than Paul, who is always so blah IMO. I've decided to allow him to stay on my show. You're welcome, PD. ;)

He was great, wasn't he? I think he's gotten more handsome with age.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

I actually had thought that Victor did pay for his education. I thought it was even a part of the storyline that Victor told Hope he would always going to take care of her & Adam even while they weren't together & living on the farm. Also, the camera direction was odd because it was going back between EB & MCE. The camera was on EB so either he ad-libbed the line for something else entirely or he is pretty fast with the ad-libs. Usually, they have a script supervisor with the script in hand along with a stop watch for timing or at least, they used to. In the scheme of the things it's pretty harmless. And, it's not like EB always gets the last line in every scene...um....wait.....that one is actually true. In fact, it just happened today with PB & MP. LOL!!

Edited by ByaNose, Mar 28, 2013 @ 8:11 PM.