The Young and the Restless

• Please log in to reply

121556 replies to this topic

Poll: Character Nicknames (377 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel character nicknames should be handled in the thread?

1. Don't allow nicknames at all. (112 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Allow nicknames, but with a pinned post at the top of the thread explaining them. (178 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Allow nicknames without the pinned post and people will figure it out. (86 votes [22.87%])

Percentage of vote: 22.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:44 AM

Wondering about the nicknames used in the thread? Poster SweePea59 was kind enough to take the time to compile them for us. You can find them here, here, and here, so please check the posts out before asking in the thread. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.
Updated links to nicknames

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Making a new ruling on tweets, since they are prevalent in this thread:

In the future, please link to individual tweets or a Twitter feed instead of copying and pasting them into a post. Not everyone wants to read them; those who do can follow your links. And technically, they are copyrighted material just like a blog post or an article, so they shouldn't be copied and pasted anyway.

In addition, please don't just post tweets -- add some commentary or thoughts of your own. A post full of tweets is just like a list post -- boring to read. We want to know YOUR thoughts. This is especially important in single-thread shows like this one.

PM me if you have questions or comments.

BakersDozen

BakersDozen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

SPOILER:

I've been catching up on the new soap rags today and I'm just pissed off about the plans to destroy Adam just as he's attempting to put his life together in the wake of going blind. Since Tight Pants Paulie tells everyone about Adam springing Patty Crazy Cakes from the looney bin over a year ago, the all of GC predictably turns on him. Isn't that wonderful? Sharon drops him on a dime and Victor shuns him again for the umpteenth time. Jeez.

Even more disgusting is that he's not going to deny it and I guess he's decided to live up to his mother's words and will be "destroyed" in the process. How much more? Why not crucify him in the town square, isn't it that time of year? Put him in prison and maybe he can get shanked in the showers.

Oh I'm sure MM will attempt to "sell it", but once again, these MWT, under the direction of MAB, can't write a s/l that is nothing but totally predictable and re-cycled shit. Really lady? You can't come up with something NEW? What a douche.

Are you that stupid? Can't you attempt to write something that hasn't been done before?

I can only hope that we can at least get more naked MM. I want to see that big pecker of his more often. Hell, put him in wet boxer briefs. At least that would make for compelling viewing.

Edited by BakersDozen, Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:07 PM.

tinylee

tinylee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:08 AM

None of this ever applied to Daniel though. She's always been on his side, no? So this being the first time she's not only not stood by him but acted so insensitive, and downright cruel is not par for the course IMO. Even when Phyllis knew Daniel was lying about letting Daisy go free in Canada and Michael and Lauren were ganging up on him to get him to admit it, Phyllis was there to defend him and told Likey to back off.

I always thought that Phyllis had a lot of guilt about missing out on Daniel's childhood, and overcompensated a bit, which is understandable to me...and I think it was understandable to Daniel too. Not that he liked it, but I think he understood it. And that overcompensation came in handy when Daniel got himself into trouble over the years. Phyllis took on the mighty Newmans and the Winters pretty much on her own, and prevented Nick from beating Daniel into dust. Then she swallowed her pride and begged Christine to help Daniel in court....not exactly the actions of a woman who is all about herself.

What I was trying to say was that IMO, Phyllis is inherently selfish. In fact, when she does something that is selfless, I'm actually suprised. My point was that Phyllis betraying her own son to get what she wants isn't that shocking. Phyllis wouldn't think twice about disregarding Daniel's feelings. She is not above using him either, based on her past behaviour. From the time Daniel was born, Phyllis used him to get what she wanted. She wanted Danny and used baby Daniel to manipulate him into starting a life with her. I've always thought that Phyllis' guilt over missing out on Daniel's childhood and her overcompensating was because she knew that used him as a pawn when he was a baby. I'm not saying that she didn't love baby Daniel, but he was a means to an end for her. YMMV.

The part about Phyllis "swallowing her pride" to beg Christine to help Daniel in court, I also don't agree with. Christine was Daniel's godmother and she loved him despite the fact that Phyllis used him to destroy Christine's life. He was an innocent child and Christine knew this. If anyone had to swallow her pride, it was Christine. She had to put her personal feelings for Phyllis aside because Daniel needed help.

Edited by tinylee, Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:45 AM.

PatsyandEddie

PatsyandEddie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Agreed tinylee. I think the only reason that Phallus ever defends Daniel is that he belongs to her. She looks at her children as possessions rather than precious gifts. The only person who is allowed to kick his ass is her. Her latest shenanigans with him IRT Looooocy have shown what a shitty ass mother she really is. She only loves her children when they OBEY her.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

So repulsive. Not into old guy sexual innuendo.at.all. barf.

Heh. I can't say that I'd be looking forward to seeing Victor get busy with Genevieve (or anyone else) but I thought it was a entertaining little verbal pas de deux between a couple of grown folks. It was so much more fun to watch than what usually passes for clever sexay banter between the young punks on this show. Ya got that?

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

The young punks have sexy banter? Well, maybe Lane...occasionally...

As for our favorite monster Phyllis: tinylee mentioned her selfishness, which is true. PoeticJustice32 mentioned her occasional tendency to overcompensate with regard to Daniel, which is also true. I'm going to add what I consider her biggest personality trait, though it's probably hand in hand with her selfishness: her absolute obsession with needing to be right all the time. The whole Lucy mess was one of the times we've seen all of these traits in play at the same time; she admitted to wanting Daniel to be able to know his daughter, fine, but then she nearly destroyed a marriage and alienated several people (let alone blatantly manipulating the baby's mother) just so she could control how he would be able to know his daughter--on her terms, not others'. All in the name of "family."

ETA: here's a depressing thought, spec mode go--with all the Phyllis propping that's gone on lately, only one character has appeared to be immune: Daniel, who's still not willing or able to "man up" (there were so many ways they could have mitigated that line) and be a father to Lucy. How often in soap terms has a reluctant father had an epiphany about their child only after something happens to them?

Edited by redshirtx, Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:37 AM.

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

From yesterday's Cdn: Daniel says he will fight for custody; Victoria quits the BON job.

Personally I think Phyllis is selfish, but also that the experience of having Daniel taken away from her did change her approach in various ways. I can fanwank it anyway.

HamsterOfDoom

HamsterOfDoom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

Phyllis is not only selfish, she's actively evil. She's selfish to the point of harming others to gratify herself.

At no point was she able to suggest that she's a more able provider for Lucy than Billy or Victoria, who had legal approval as guardians from her sole parent; who cares, she wanted what she wanted and crucified her son to get it, and endangered her best friends in the process.

The ethical basis for breaking up a marriage - Nick's and Sharon's, mind - is, um, hard to justify. Sure, Nick's a caveman whose brainpan is pretty much cruising on empty, but Phyllis is supposed to be smart, right? I mean, nobody reads everything they type out loud except for super-smart people. (I'm reading this out loud as I type, don't you know, and I'm making sure I'm typing as loudly as I can while I'm at it.)

Aaanyway, Phyllis is supposed to be aware, and superduper ethical, and surely falling into the sack with Nick, and Deacon, and Ronan, and ... and... and... and... and... were all ACCIDENTS that she had nothing to do with.

And her father? Oh, yeah. She basically coerced him into jail. Did she get remuneration for the nameless victims, "those people?" (And do I need to mention that when you identify with a core group such that you have sympathy for them, you don't normally refer to them as "those people?") We don't know - lazy and stupid writers. ("Closure? What's that?") Phyllis fans better HOPE she got them paid back - because otherwise that just means she threw her famuhlee under the bus for the sole purpose of getting her way, even though it cost HER.

So... selfish? yeah, totally. To the point of total consumption. To the point where it's no longer self-involvement, but what could and should be considered evil.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

I don't know, Hamster...the Red Menace has certainly done some evil things, but I can't fault her for the mess with her father. (I fault the writers for garbling it, let alone it apparently being the catalyst for her selfish and latent "family" kick, but not the characters.) He embezzled money, she turned him in for it when she was presumably a teenager, and he in turn spun the whole wrongly-accused tale. It would have been easier if he had said (privately, of course) that, say, someone had suggested some sort of settlement when the embezzlement came out and she was the one who insisted on his being held accountable for it all (which ironically would explain her current sneaky self, wouldn't it, in a hard-180 sort of way).

HamsterOfDoom

HamsterOfDoom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

redshirtx: well, the problem is that it ALL smacks of a massive retcon and whitewashing, because we've gotten conflicting signals as far as what happened.

Here's what we know: it was bad, bad, it was really bad, you don't know how bad, it was terrible, it would have left you cryeen.

Except what it was wasn't bad, bad, really bad, we DO know how bad, because it's the sort of crap that goes on every day from LOTS of financial advisors, and what happens is usually civil suits and not criminal cases.

And it was something Phyllis started; she turned him in, yes, and let's presume he was guilty, but she still showed a lot more loyalty to a mysterious and since-disappeared sense of ethics and a set of anonymous "those people" victims than she did her famuhlee, which is the most important theen in the world to her now.

And her hard-180 *after* having turned him in? Sure, it's possible that she projected a wierd nature/nurture thing ("Daddy was the evilest evil that ever eviled, so should I be even after I turned him in") but her behavior isn't consistent given a world view that says she's NOT evil.

thewhiteowl

thewhiteowl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

What I was trying to say was that IMO, Phyllis is inherently selfish. In fact, when she does something that is selfless, I'm actually suprised. My point was that Phyllis betraying her own son to get what she wants isn't that shocking. Phyllis wouldn't think twice about disregarding Daniel's feelings. She is not above using him either, based on her past behaviour. From the time Daniel was born, Phyllis used him to get what she wanted. She wanted Danny and used baby Daniel to manipulate him into starting a life with her. I've always thought that Phyllis' guilt over missing out on Daniel's childhood and her overcompensating was because she knew that used him as a pawn when he was a baby. I'm not saying that she didn't love baby Daniel, but he was a means to an end for her. YMMV.

I think her treatment of Daniel is the proof that he is an adult, no longer hers to control or defend. He is now just another adult she can humiliate and use. See, all grown up, now that he's practically 30.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

Did I miss anything? Because if I can watch 2 hours of programming, basically in FF, and still understand everything that happening... Not much is happening, writers. Just sayin'.

Yup, you pretty much got it.

Toomuchsoap

Toomuchsoap

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

Even more disgusting is that he's not going to deny it and I guess he's decided to live up to his mother's words and will be "destroyed" in the process. How much more? Why not crucify him in the town square, isn't it that time of year? Put him in prison and maybe he can get shanked in the showers.

I share your outrage Bakers Dozen. I really do. About the business of Adam getting shanked in the showers, that was part of Victor's Newman Does a Dickens Christmas story two Christmases ago. It's pretty apparent that Victor hasn't changed a lick since that bad dream, so I'm expecting it to play out eventually. Now that Adam's going to be kicked to the gutter yet again, fired and disowned yet again by his so-called Pater, what's left for him to do? Beg on the streets with a tin cup? Roll old drunks in the alley for pocket change? Because apparently, he's not going to try to defend himself against the charges, from what I've been reading.

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Well, I don't know. I guess if I'm honest, I think Adam can only be redeemed if he owns - really owns, and not just to Sharon - his misdeeds. I was thinking yesterday that it might mean not defending himself from any charges that come his way. I feel it, myself. I'm actually really liking the show these days. This SL is good, low-key Adam is a pleasure to watch; and, I feel like MM is selling it, and in fact it's not altogether badly written.

Here's my fanwank history of Phyllis:

Phyllis was a moral, upright normal kid who, because of her moral-ness, could not stand by and watch her father commit a crime that hurt lots of old people on low income living in nursing homes. (Reminds me of Nick turning in Victor a few years ago actually.)

Her family turned against her - mainly Avery believed her parents and decided Phyllis must have been lying, while her parents knew she was telling the truth but rejected her for being too good.

Phyllis left. Twisted by her experience, now cynical about the world, slightly mentally deranged by it (yes, not realistic, but not that much of a stretch in soap-land) she cane to GC and manipulated Danny and tried to run over Chyristine and Paul.

She paid for these misdeeds (at least inp art) by having Daniel, who is her actual son, taken away by Danny, who was not in fact related to him.

The experience of having her child taken away from her scared her a bit straighter. She's still ruthless and brittle at this point, but the combination of her original family situation plus having her kid taken away had the effect of making family her new priority.

This has an impact during the SL about her not being able to have children with Jack, and has been her excuse for being so possessive about Nick. But hse's also always been jealous - which I can also see as a result of her childhood trauma.

Edited by squidge, Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:22 PM.

katierose295

katierose295

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I'm not excited about the Adam spoilers, because I feel like I've already seen it. A lot. Luckily, it's Spring Break and a balmy 80+ degrees here on Florida's Suncoast. I'm going outside.

Toomuchsoap

Toomuchsoap

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

Well, if one really gets honest with himself/herself, the fact of the matter that neither Phyllis nor Adam had such terrible childhoods that could explain the way they've gone OTT. In fact, the writing WRT Adam has pretty much reiterated the fact that Adam's mother adored and nurtured her son. He's admitted it, and has told Sharon that all the wrongdoing on his part was because he felt it was expected behavior for a Wallstreet Wizard or a Newman scion. I'm still having a hard time trying to reconcile Phyllis's supposed "abandonment and exile" by her family as an excuse on her part for running down a man and his girlfriend with her car. Deliberately. With intent to kill. And on what planet would one have to spend most of their time in which it would be acceptable behavior to gaslight a pregnant woman? I could go and belabor the bad behaviors of both these characters - and don't even get me started on Victor's behavior throughout the 34+ years he's been in charge of Planet Earth and the Known Universe. The worst behavior is on the part of the writers for creating such dreck and then finding themselves in a corner and having to fend off the peasants with pitchforks (basically Us) for all the crap of their creation they've not had the dicipline to rein in. I read a comment by someone who called MAB the Ed Wood of daytime television. Apt characterization that.

totallyKewl

totallyKewl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

MM was remarkably good on today's US show. His scenes with EB were hearfealt, emotional, and gut-wrentching. I'm not happy with what looks like another round of "hate Adam" on the way from the remarkably horrible Williams family, but I guess MAB just wants to torture Shadam fans and those of us who wanted to see Adam become a three deminisional character that had part of Hope in him.

Even if it means Adam goes to prison, I'd love to see him kill Patty Cakes. I'm so over that character....plus he can take Paul out too. He's worthless.

PatsyandEddie

PatsyandEddie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Standing Ovation for Hamster!!!!

I think her treatment of Daniel is the proof that he is an adult, no longer hers to control or defend. He is now just another adult she can humiliate and use. See, all grown up, now that he's practically 30.

Exactly. Daniel is okay in her books as long as he is doeeeen what he's told. BUT the second he doesn't toe the line.......Summer's turn will come.

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

It was a balmy 80 degrees in my heart today watching Adam and Victor have an actual honest adult conversation where Adam apologized to Victor and was took responsibility (FINALLY!!!) for his bad behavior. I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing, really. I missed the first half of the show so when I came in Adam was in Victor's office saying stuff like, "I apologize for the things I have done, I had a bad attitude when I first came to town, I have let my mother, myself and you down, I will try to do better, if I had it to do over I would", etc. I thought, -this must be some kind of fantasy sequence the writers are doing to torture me. But no. Apparently it was real. Amazing.

I think it takes real strength of character to ask for forgiveness and a second chance from the likes of Victor who (rightly imo) was extremely skeptical and not welcoming of Adam's words. A good day for Adam on Y&R.

I guess they are doing a full court press on the Adam redemption story line so in addition to apologizing to Victor Adam is going to have to accept responsibility for letting crazy homicidal Patty go free. Based on yesterday's scene with Tracey and Jack I think Tracey may be in line to administer the emotional beat down on that one and I hope so because I would love it. Beth Maitland is a good actress and Tracey has a lot of anger and grief stored up and who better to be the recipient than Adam?

Then that would leave who I think is the most injured party and that would be Ashley. I don't know what Adam could do to make it up to Ashley and maybe the show won't even go there. Maybe the writers think that Adam acknowledging wrong doing to Victor is sufficient. It isn't but maybe I should be happy with what I can get which is pretty good so far and a hell of a lot better than the big fat zero in the way of repentance and restitution from Adam up til today.

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

itsallgravy, I very much agree. It's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing IMO. And I like the idea of Tracy letting Adam have it emotionally.

Now, if only Phyllis would come to realize that, while she may feel she has an excuse (based on my fanwank, which was not intended to make excuses but to present a possible semirational worldview from the Phyllis POV), in (soap) reality she has acted badly and needs to make amends as well. Not likely.

Edited by squidge, Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:46 PM.

Toomuchsoap

Toomuchsoap

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

Even if it means Adam goes to prison, I'd love to see him kill Patty Cakes. I'm so over that character....plus he can take Paul out too. He's worthless.

I don't want Adam in the damn orange Gitmo jumpsuit. And I certainly don't want to see him kill Patty. I just wish Paul would take her away someplace and not come back. Basically, I agree with you that Paul has become worthless - maybe he always was. I know he's always been a POS father. But the fact that Aunt Pauline couldn't wait to bleat to Sharon about what Adam had done has me gobsmacked. What was the point of that? Was he expecting her to maybe lead Adam in manacles to the public stocks and throw away the keys?

What's next for Adam? Are all the GC highschool footballers going start sticking their legs out every time he passes by so he trips? Are people going to start putting "Kick Me" signs on his back? Are the bartenders, waitresses and waiters in town going to start spitting in his scotch and food right there in front of his face? Why would the MWTs think this is something the viewers want to see? Only the dullest, most self-righteous and vengeful people are going to like this, and I'm hard pressed to believe that they're going to go on liking it for long.

Edited by Toomuchsoap, Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

dbklmt

dbklmt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

And the daytime Emmy pre-noms have been announced Y&R have some good and bad ones!

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

What to do about Adam? The MWT's are scratching their heads and asses while stroking off their checked list of recyled storylines:

At Gloworm, Adam will be denied service. check

There is no room at the Inn for Adam. check

Victor takes great pity on Adam because he's blind. check

Victor allows Adam to reside at the ranch house where he can properly be tended to. check

Adam has thoughts plaguing that he must manipulate circumstances so that he can rise in importance to Victor and make Victor love him more than anyone else. check

Evil machinations are set in place by Adam. check

Nick abandons Phyllis to rescue Sharon and Faith from Adam. check

Phyllis 'sets the presses rolling' to destroy Sharon. check

Sharon has a fit when Adam approaches her cottage while she's caring for Faith and demands that he leave. check

Sharon sternly reminds him they cannot be together or else she'll lose everything. check

A giant tornado rushes over GC and Adam dives under the cottage roof to rescue Sharon and Faith. check

After frenzied sex on hard furniture, Sharon and Adam are re-united against the world. check

Adam donates another organ so that a child may not be orphaned. check

Adam disappears and returns with his eyesight fully restored. check

After embezzling every dime off Victor, Adam runs away to Rio or Sao Paulo and looks great in a beard and white suit and fedora. check

Sharon, sent by Victor, lures Adam into a trap, only to hot sex instead. check

Adam is COO of NE because Victor has no other blood relative speaking to him. check

OK the MWT have voted best story for re-cycling:

Victater lets Adam work at NE as Nick's humble assistant. At GCAC Paul hurls his "arm of doom" towards Sharon as he warns her about Adam. When Adam returns to the GCAC, most likely in their very same room where Sharon and he discuss his crimes, what he's done and how he wishes he were a better man and will be if Sharon stands by him and Sharon leaves him again, and Nick comes and hears this, and then Phyllis finds Nick and Sharon hug at the club and then she takes the Adam Frees Patty story she trashed earlier to run it like mad consequences be damned.

Oh, and Victater disowns Adam as a son.

Edited by Caty, Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:36 PM.

Pure Diva

Pure Diva

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I just can't stomach any more scenes between Paul & PattyCakes. I'd just like to sit here & pretend they aren't related. Their dynamic disturbs me for some reason.

Sharon is killing me with inviting Adam to live in her house without talking to anybody. I know it's her house, but it is on the ranch. I hate Victor, but I would mind a scene where he hires a housemover, puts the house on a wide-load flat bed truck and moves it out with Chamillionaire's "Ridin' Dirty" playing through speakers mounted on the side.

canucktvwatcher

canucktvwatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Well, further catching up with my YR watching. Syph and Nick having a heart to heart. Just get back together already, you two idiots. It's not like it isn't going to happen. FTShow.

These two nitwits and Tracy mentioning the Sacred and Holy Name of Colleen in the same episode? Sheeeit.

Edited by canucktvwatcher, Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:28 PM.

Aymery

Aymery

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

I'm so over Traci. "I haaaaate Patty for what she did to Colleen and now to Jack." What the fuck, woman? You haaaate a mentally ill woman, whose psychotic obsession over Jack was nurtured and aided by none other than Victor, to whom you gladly gift your daughter's heart? Wow! I don't know who deserves a padded cell more in Wyncliffe, Patty or Traci. Can we revive that early-onset Alzheimer's s/l for Traci? I'm ready to see her suffer.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

I was surprised when Tracey went wailing about her hate on Patty as it didn't seem at all like her. For the record it is not as if no Abbott, not a single one, ever wronged Patti Williams thaat made her spiral over the deep.

BakersDozen

BakersDozen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

OK the MWT have voted best story for re-cycling:

Boy Caty, I never thought it would happen, but ITA. These idiots were on a potential "game changing" s/l about Adam becoming a better man based on his own internal-struggle with his moral conscious and conflict between his dark side (Pruneface) and the force (St Hope). I loved Friday's episode where Adam bared his soul to his father in a sincere effort to take a step to mend fences. He alluded to beginning an effort to make things right and he admitted his faults. It was nearly classic Bill Bell's Y&R with both MM and EB doing a great job playing off of each other. Terrific.

My God, there could have been great drama as he confronted those people he had mistreated and redeemed himself to those he had hurt, but no, MAB and the MWT have decided to totally trash the character once again. Enter Paul & Patty Williams' sancitmonious vendetta on Adam, with little Ricky added as MVP. Vomit.

Now what? He'll turn evil again because he attempted to come clean and, in reaction to the nuclear option of rejection by his family and citizens of GC, he'll justify turning to the dark side again. How fucking boring and what lazy writing.

Oh Jack and Paul are going to "make him pay" for his past deeds. Hey Auntie Jack, he's blind. Maybe you can cut his tounge out and puncture his ear drums and make him the new Tommy! What utter crap.

One last note, the whole Paulie incestual relationship with Patty Nut Cakes is making me sick. DD is really pervy with the kissy face, hair stroking in the nut house with SH. It's not pleasant to watch and needs to stop. Enough.

Edited by BakersDozen, Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:33 AM.

PrimalScream23

PrimalScream23

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

I only tolerate Traci's ass on a good day. I find everything about her whiny ass incredibly annoying in fact. So if she dares get in line to beat up on the blind guy who had nothing to do with Colleen's death...after she practically genuflects and kisses Victor's ring even though HE IS INDIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE...I am going to start campaigning for a sudden and tragic accident to befall that cow.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH DAMMIT.

Add me to the growing number of viewers who find DD's interpretation of brotherly love vis a vis his demented sister unnerving and over the top. I kind of hate Paul after today anyway.

Today's show has me full of hate and anger in fact. If I owned a gun I'd channel Elvis Presley and shoot out the fucking TV screen!

canucktvwatcher

canucktvwatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

+1 Primalscream23!

Sally Struthers lookalike and construction worker in drag Tracy annoys the living hell out of me too. Could they be setting Big T up for doing something rash or drastic? Out of character for her, but she's "mad". And yes, the Sacred and Holy Name of Colleen will be invoked many a time. Gag. Give this character a one way ticket off the show. What the hell purpose does she serve anyway?

And the whole of GC turning on Adam? Yeah, he's a scumbag, but it figures. These hypocrites can do just as bad, but not get called on it.

I laughed when it took Phallus all of about two minutes to run the Adam/Patty story when she saw Nick hugging Sharon.....further proving that Phyllis is an immature, short-sighted cow who is ruled solely by her distorted sense of right and wrong. So much for the high road, huh Syph? God, her character is irredeemable -what a skeeze.

Paul's uber bizarre interactions with PsychoPatty? We can do without those, please.

One last thing....is it just me, or does the way Tucker was "remembering the good old days" with Devon look and sound like the lead up to him wanting a piece of YoHo again? Are he and Neil destined to fight over YoHo? Just a thought, but I could be wrong.

Edited by canucktvwatcher, Mar 3, 2012 @ 1:56 AM.

crowsworks

crowsworks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

I read a comment by someone who called MAB the Ed Wood of daytime television. Apt characterization that.

This just in:

Nick rescues Syph from a giant vibrating rubber octopus. Intrepid girl reporter, Syph revisits the Octo several times to get the national story. "Screw Brangelina." She crows. "The whole world is only interested in the lives of GC's social diseases...err social set and nothing else."

Nick rescues the giant vibrating octopus from Syph, where she has it imprisoned in a dumpster. "I got the story!"

"Phyllis! Peta called and you have to give it back." Nick said, as he pried off the suckers."

Meanwhile ace boy reporter, Rickey climbs out of the sludge and decides to get the 'national' story about Adam in Jail by having himself arrested and put in the same cell. He tries to get blind Adam to believe he is Sharon, never suspecting he might get a big surprise. Paul says "WHat is it with my kids and this guy?"

Meanwhile thanks to Daisy and Patty getting murdered, Victor gets all new parts and goes on Danceing with the 1% as a woman - people applaud his courage if not his pasodoble.

The dead rise from their graves. Colleen is tired of babysitting Ashley's imaginary baby. Hope comes to GC only to be run over by Girl reporter, Phyllis. John comes back just to punch angora sweater wearing Victor in the mouth.

Aliens land, looking suspiciously like Susan Lucci and Erica Slezak.

So Mab? Admit it. Ed Wood has years of untapped storys you can steal.