The Young and the Restless

• Please log in to reply

121522 replies to this topic

Poll: Character Nicknames (377 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel character nicknames should be handled in the thread?

1. Don't allow nicknames at all. (112 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Allow nicknames, but with a pinned post at the top of the thread explaining them. (178 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Allow nicknames without the pinned post and people will figure it out. (86 votes [22.87%])

Percentage of vote: 22.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:44 AM

Wondering about the nicknames used in the thread? Poster SweePea59 was kind enough to take the time to compile them for us. You can find them here, here, and here, so please check the posts out before asking in the thread. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.
Updated links to nicknames

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Making a new ruling on tweets, since they are prevalent in this thread:

In the future, please link to individual tweets or a Twitter feed instead of copying and pasting them into a post. Not everyone wants to read them; those who do can follow your links. And technically, they are copyrighted material just like a blog post or an article, so they shouldn't be copied and pasted anyway.

In addition, please don't just post tweets -- add some commentary or thoughts of your own. A post full of tweets is just like a list post -- boring to read. We want to know YOUR thoughts. This is especially important in single-thread shows like this one.

PM me if you have questions or comments.

LithoGirl

LithoGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

Catherine Bach looks like she's the one giving birth. That garbage bag outfit last week accentuated her belly and was just distracting as hell. Plenty of people carry weight around the middle, and manage to hide it by wearing the right clothes. The wardrobe department at Y&R isn't doing CB any favors.

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

Sharon didn't ditch Faith. She asked to have the child go with her to Kansas. The neanderthal said no. Again it's on his terms. So if Sharon goes home and sits in the cottage 24/7, that will suddenly make her a good mother in all of GC's eyes?

We may have to agree to disagree on this one, Psychedlic Trip. As much as I hate to I side with the neanderthal on this one. Faith is not a basketball to be tossed from one place to another because Sharon is not settled. I would have no problem with Faith being with Sharon if she was in GC but taking her to Kansas to live with Adam who is of questionable character and who is not really committed to Sharon is a non starter in my book. I forget exactly how the Faith discussion went between Nick and Sharon but I don't remember her putting up a huge fight over it and rightly so. Kansas with Adam isn't the right environment for Faith and Nick and Sharon seemed to be pretty much on the same page and okay with it IIRC. Given all of that, Sharon had to make a choice between Adam and Faith and she picked Adam. Sharon is not with Faith. To me, that's fucked up. Even Adam told her to go home to Faith.

This is yet another example of the writers fucking over a character to the point where some viewers (me) stop liking them and stop being interested in what happens to them. As far as I'm concerned they have assassinated the characters of Adam, Victor, Sharon, Abby and Tucker. These are all characters I started out liking and have gradually lost interest in because of the heinous stuff they do, don't answer for and apparently don't regret in the least.

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

I will say though that Michael and Lauren are being hypocrites, but I've been saying this long before Avery even showed up to defend Daisy. Lauren and Michael got up in Phyllis' face about wanting Lucy and doing all she could for her granddaughter, when those two have done much worse to defend and protect Kevin (a statutory rapist and almost murderer twice over) and Gloria (who actually did kill someone). Its alright for them to circumvent the law and defend criminals in their family, victims be damned, but heaven forbid someone else do it.

Michael and Lauren got in Phyllis' face because she was paying for Daisy's defense and getting Lucy's rights reestablished. From the start they supported Daniel wanting Lucy to be put up for adoption far away from Genoa City so she would not have to deal with her crazy family, psychotic mother and knowledge of her conception. They knew it would be dangerous for Lucy and everyone else if Daisy was permanently tied to them.

Phyllis was a bitch for what she did to Daniel and Lauren when she made the deal to get her hands on Lucy. She was Daniel's child to do what he wanted. It was a joke that they had Michael give Phyllis a pass and then Lauren basically taking the blame for her anger at Phyllis, but Phyllis like Victor and Adam must be propped. But I fail to see how that gives Avery a pass for working to free this psycho just so she could get even with Phyllis for their past.

Just because you support family doesn't mean you have to sit back and be happy that your tormentor is going to be free. Lauren was locked in a cage for animals with little food. She watched Jana be stuffed in a box and suffer with her headaches and she knows Jana's death and partly Daisy's fault for letting her suffer and not get medical treatment. She was told her son might be harmed and her husband would be killed. And now Avery is fighting to get this nutcase free and they are supposed to not be upset?

Edited by bunting, Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:02 PM.

PsychedelicTrip

PsychedelicTrip

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

You're right itsallgravy, we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see Sharon as choosing Adam over Faith. The man is blind and cant be left alone. Even Victor sees that and so does Nick who told Phyllis "Faith has me". Adam is blind and unable to fend for himself. It wasn't his idea to go to Kansas, it was Victors and he requested Sharon take him. If there were someone else who were going to care for Adam, say Victor or Nick or someone in the family perhaps Sharon would have stayed and just gone to visit Adam.

She watched Jana be stuffed in a box and suffer with her headaches and she knows Jana's death and partly Daisy's fault for letting her suffer and not get medical treatment. She was told her son might be harmed and her husband would be killed. And now Avery is fighting to get this nutcase free and they are supposed to not be upset?

Thanks for reminding me another reason I'm irritated with Lauren. I understand Kevin got upset because Jana turned to Ryder, but clearly the girl was suffering and became extremely unbalanced after being locked up. Instead of being a friend to Jana and maybe understanding that what Jana had gone through had caused her to go a bit nutty, Lauren turned her back on the girl and sided with Kevin.

Jana was thrown on the altar as a sacrifice to give us the stupid Ducky/Andy crapfest courtesy of Kevin/Chloe. This couple is an epicly boring FAIL of miserable acting by two actors who have chemistry with no one. The closest EH has come to being sexy or even remotely having any sex appeal was with JB and that was thrown on the altar of Phonan which promptly sucked any appeal Ronan had right out the window. GR hasn't had sex appeal with any actress. It's time to open up that closet.

Edited by PsychedelicTrip, Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:17 PM.

katierose295

katierose295

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

She watched Jana be stuffed in a box and suffer with her headaches and she knows Jana's death and partly Daisy's fault for letting her suffer and not get medical treatment.

I 100% blame Jana's downfall and death on Daisy. Daisy's crimes and hateful actions set everything into motion. It's the same reason I will now and forever say that Colleen's death was Victor's fault. They both deserve to rot in jail until the end of time.

Jana was thrown on the altar as a sacrifice to give us the stupid Ducky/Andy crapfest courtesy of Kevin/Chloe. This couple is an epicly boring FAIL of miserable acting by two actors who have chemistry with no one.

Chole and Kevin are a total write off. In fact, if Chloe never appeared on screen again, I doubt I'd notice. I did think Kevin and Jana were cute, though. Really, my favorite Kevin SL is/was his relationship with Michael. I feel like the two actors and characters work well together. I feel like Kevin's half-hearted "romance" SL are WAY less interesting than his complicated dynamic with his overprotective, guilt laden, exasperated, occasionally crafty brother.

Edited by katierose295, Feb 22, 2012 @ 7:37 PM.

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

I agree. Kevin's best scenes are with Michael and the rest of his family not his romances, but I did like him and Jana together. Jana fit in so well with the Baldwin-Fisher family. I miss their family scenes together. I am so tired of Michael being Victor's minion, Lauren being ignored, Kevin going from one lame story to the next, and Gloria being some mob boss' girl. I can't stand this Angelina/Angelo story but one small benefit is that we are getting to see the Baldwin-Fishers interacting as a family. I even like Jeffrey in the family dynamic.

I hate that they are likely going to give Daisy a complete pass for all that she did, but if they do then they should have her leave town and let Michael and Lauren move on and give them a story that does not involve Lauren being victimized. CLB and TEB have been wasted for far too long.

Edited by bunting, Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

BakersDozen

BakersDozen

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Adam and Sherry on the Prairie is a major bore. Nuff said.

YMMV P&E, YMMV. I find their time at Hope's farm to be compelling and just great. What's the difference between Kansas and New Mexico? Character driven story, actors with chemistry that don't sleep walk through their scenes (HELLO SPF, Wake Up A-hole!), MM's ability to make Adam the most watchable character on Y&R, and SC responding to his level of acting. It's hardly boring in my book.

Now THE boring couple in my opinion is Michael and Lauren. I used to like them, but I find them irritating as hell these days. Michael's butt-boy role with Pricktor has made me hate the character and Lauren is just a fuckng shrew-bitch. I do hope Lauern pops off Daisy so YZ is finally gone for good, but I still won't be a fan anymore unless these two change their current BS.

As far as Kevin goes, he's damaged goods beyond repair. After the chipmunk affair and Angelina garbage, he should leave town and become a monk. Perhaps if he came out of the closet it would liberate his character. It would certainly be more believable. Maybe he could hook up with Rafe in a moment of curiosity.

Nick has become an absolute piece of wallpaper. He just blends into the s/l and then disappears. JM is truly a bad actor. I can't believe that he just doesn't seem to care about making Dickolas more compelling after being on the show for nearly 15 years. The only thing he does well is take off his shirt. That's it....and his looks are fading fast.

The Chelsea and Anita crap is putting me to sleep. I just don't care. It's a bad s/l that's been way over done in soapdom. CB is a total disaster. MAB fucked this one up big time.

Edited by BakersDozen, Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:29 PM.

WitsNSass

WitsNSass

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Now he's father of the year because he has Faith in his home? Clearly she's being raised by a nanny while he's off playing psychologist with the woman he knocked up it's not like he's with the girl all that much. Only when the writers need to trot her out to prop him up or give us the happy phuck family on the sperm sofa and video games moment. Phyllis also happens to be the mother of Daniel, the boy who was indirectly responsible for Cassies accident. A boy that Nick chased down and was ready to kill if not send to prison if it weren't for Phyllis. Yet these two now have a love for the ages. I find that just as sick and deplorable and WTF as anyone asking WTF is wrong with Sharon for loving Adam. Double standards much.

Let the congregation say Yay-men! Especially to that part in bold.

I'm actually enjoying the Shadam scenes in Kansas. It's the only thing I've enjoyed so far this week. Shadam are just allowed to be, for a change. That's why Lauren's and Phyllis' comments about "creepy, sneaky Adam" just rang hollow IMO. I don't give a shit what GC thinks of Adam or Shadam anymore. If Nick doesn't have a problem with it (even though I really didn't care what he thought, but still, Faith is his child, too), then the rest of these motherfuckers need to be as quiet as kept, have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up about it! Build a bridge, fold some shirts (Lauren!) and KIM!

I love GR to pieces, but he's just not a romantic lead. MAB&Co need to cut their losses with this Chloe/Angelina crap and go back to Kevin being the geeky computer hacker and younger son of the Fisher/Baldwin clan.

SassyBee22

SassyBee22

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Well, back to the hohum and doom and gloom after taking a much needed break to France, although not the real place. I loved the scenery and the romantic wedding. DG and CK did a phenomenal and very convincing job of portraying their happiness and love. We need more brightness on the show. We get enough darkness and hate in the real world from people whose criticism is nothing but prejudice made plausible and personal attacks becoming more and more Machiavellian. I'd like to see more glamour, business, love, and family loyalty on the show.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

I thought Jana and Kevin's happy relationship in the background of the rest of the Baldwin/Fisher drama worked well. They both did well with their supporting roles and I think ruining it with Ryder and Chloe and all just sucked

BTW. I liked Ryder fine for the most part, but damn if I'm not happy he's moved on cause I need me some shirtless Wade on Hart of Dixie. That man wears a smile and a pair of tight jeans oh so well. /drool

totallyKewl

totallyKewl

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

DG and CK did a phenomenal and very convincing job of portraying their happiness and love.

I'd rather watch a turd get flushed down the toilet that see Canestipation on my screen another minute longer. DG is by far the worst of the worst contract actors on Y&R in many years. He's dreadful. CK is pure putrid.

Fuck the both of them...and I mean a hard fuck.

Edited by totallyKewl, Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:10 PM.

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Now THE boring couple in my opinion is Michael and Lauren. I used to like them, but I find them irritating as hell these days. Michael's butt-boy role with Pricktor has made me hate the character and Lauren is just a fuckng shrew-bitch. I do hope Lauern pops off Daisy so YZ is finally gone for good, but I still won't be a fan anymore unless these two change their current BS.

Lauren has only been a bitch to Adam and that was only a handful of scenes. I hardly call that being a shrew-bitch.

As for Laurel being boring I liked to see how any couple stays interesting when neglected the way they have been. They get no love from the writers at all. They don't get much screentime or even a small story and haven't for over a year and they weren't given much even before that under MAB. They could have written them a health scare, dealing with a disaster, a business takeover, Michael's workaholic ways or bending of the law, Lauren resenting Michael's time away from the family. You name it, but they get nada. The Lauren and Jill sisters battle lasted maybe ten shows and that was dropped and nothing for Lauren since. Michael hasn't had a story since his father which ended in 2009. Being Victor's minion is not a story for Michael. It is being used as a prop. And Lauren is just neglected most of the time. Look at this Daisy story. One show and two minutes of screentime to lead up to this Daisy trial which will be over in half a show. Diane's story went on for months and we saw all the favs talking about the same stupid stuff show after show. Tough to be all that interesting as a couple when you get two or three episodes a month with three minutes of screentime per show..

When Laurel is given story CLB and TEB usually pull it off. They put in the effort and can play the emotions naturally. Watch tomorrow. There is a lovely little scene between the two for maybe a minute with them holding hands while waiting for the judge's ruling. They have been backburned long enough. They need to be written for. Some of the characters who have been getting heavy story for years now can go down to three days a week and then characters like Michael and Lauren can get maybe two shows a week. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

Frankly I find Sharon and Adam boring also, but I also don't mind them on the farm. Their fans can relish all their bonding and I don't have to watch when I have had my fill. That is why this show needs balance and for the writers to write for everyone, not just their favorites. Then people can watch who they want to watch and not get surly and resentful because their favorites are being ignored while a handful of others get the bulk of the story.

Melody1

Melody1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Does Jill know about Lauren and Daisy?

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

I doubt it. They don't even act like Lauren and Jill are even sisters anymore.

PrimalScream23

PrimalScream23

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Wow...no talk of MM's woody during SHADAM'S sexy time yesterday?? It's quite the topic of convo on a couple of other sites! I don't even have HD, so unless that was a tricky camera angle, MM was reeeaally into his work!! Good job dude, SC is one lucky chica- not to mention MRS MM!

Seriously, Sharon/Adam sexy time is quite an "event" when it happens...I have never seen such a rush to comment among both anti's and fans every time they DO IT! How sad that this is supposed to be LAME'S honeymoon and they barely even register. I mean does ANYBODY give a shiot about LAME'S honeymoon??

If MAB is smart she will start promoting those scenes more. Case and Muhney could give lessons...HAWT DAYUM!!!!

BakersDozen

BakersDozen

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

Lauren has only been a bitch to Adam and that was only a handful of scenes. I hardly call that being a shrew-bitch.

Lauren's been a bitch for years. Her conduct is always that of a spoiled little rich bitch. I remember her pushing Jill into an open grave about a year ago when she found out they were half-sisters. Now that's a shrew-bitch in my book. I also remember her own mother sticking it to her in the court room and siding with Jill in her lawsuit to establish her rightful inheritance that Lauren wanted for herself. Her own mother even can't stand her. Case closed IMO.

Wow...no talk of MM's woody during SHADAM'S sexy time yesterday??

I don't have HD, so I have missed out on the "BIG" reveal. I was wondering why he was wearing black boxer briefs on a post a day or so ago. I remember his huge package on display about a year ago when he was wearing a tight, light colored pair of pants in the Brazil scenes with Sharin'. Now that is when I knew those "BIG HANDS" meant MM was packin' some major league junk. The man has BIG talent in so many ways.

Edited by BakersDozen, Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:31 PM.

PrimalScream23

PrimalScream23

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

BakersDozen I don't have HD either, that's why I was squeeing like a five year old on Christmas morning when I saw it...it startled the hell out of me! No way I could be married to an actor IRL, sorry!

Dammit if I still haven't really learned how to quote and reply..but katierose295, WitsNSass,PsychedelicTrip, BakersDozen..in fact ALL of you Shadam fans are kicking ass and making points!

I love it...keep it PERCOLATIN' as the song says!!

Edited by PrimalScream23, Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:21 AM.

PsychedelicTrip

PsychedelicTrip

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

Lauren's been a bitch for years. Her conduct is always that of a spoiled little rich bitch. I remember her pushing Jill into an open grave about a year ago when she found out they were half-sisters. Now that's a shrew-bitch in my book. I also remember her own mother sticking it to her in the court room and siding with Jill in her lawsuit to establish her rightful inheritance that Lauren wanted for herself. Her own mother even can't stand her. Case closed IMO.

Brava!

bunting

bunting

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

I meant that Lauren has only been bitchy to Adam recently and that seems to have put her on the "bad" list. I agree Lauren can be bitchy but she also can be forgiving and kindhearted. Who wants a good girl all the time? Aren't gray characters the best. If we can have Adam being a bastard and snark at everyone around him why can't we have Lauren being bitchy once in awhile? You said you used to like Lauren until recently. So she snarked back at Adam at the board meeting. Adam can dish it out, but he can't take it? He seemed to survive it as did Lauren. He should appreciate sparring with someone intelligent. I like that Lauren gave Adam some of his own medicine. I am so sick of everyone being dumbed down so Adam can be the "smartest guy in the room" all the time. They should let Michael, Jack and others get their snark on again like they used to be able to do.

I loved when Lauren pushed Jill in the grave. Jill was a super bitch for suing Lauren for half her money after knowing they were sister for days. I like Jill being a bitch to. Joanna was always a primo bitch who was so jealous of her daughter she sided with a woman she doesn't even like. You treat Lauren bad and she will give it back. That is what I always loved about Lauren and she would give it back in the most delicious snarky way. A hell of a lot better than them constantly writing her as victim Lauren. I hope Lauren gets bitchy with Daisy and Avery and others that deserve it.

Edited by bunting, Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:07 AM.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I've never really cared about Lauren one way or another, and I generally find her abrasive. I started watching this show around the time Victoria married Cole and I've never seen Lauren in an actual, meaningful storyline that I cared about. I shipped Micheal with Christine (even though I didn't really like her all that much outside of it) and after that ended.... I pretty much only cared about his relationship with Kevin and Phylis as friends.

I'm trying to say this. I'm not invested in Laurel, and I don't see them getting some big story that will change my mind. And I'm one of the people that would watch Shadam read romance novels to each other in a bubble bath all day, so I'm not really all that picky. Even Cane and Lily grabbed me a few times over the interminable gagfest that is their relationship.

I don't get Michael and Lauren.

AxJ

AxJ

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 4:53 AM

Has Catherine Bach had cheek implants? She's got a Cruella Deville thing going on with her face while reminding me so strongly of Peggy Bundy with the voice and mannerisms. Cruella Bundy.

katierose295

katierose295

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:45 AM

My only problem with the Adam and Lauren scenes was their randomness, for lack of a better word. They're rarely in SLs or scenes together, so it seemed like she started snarking about him of the blue, IMO. Or worse, just because she is friends with Phyllis and/or Victor who I hate and who I will never ever support in anything ever. More than Lauren, though, I blame the writers for having no clue what to write, for her or for many characters' dialogue, that doesn't begin with "Damn that Adam!" It's old and just makes me think, "Really? More random shaming from the townsfolk?" whenever it starts up.

Given Lauren and Michael's pasts, I'd really like to see her not be so much like the other characters w/r/t interacting with Adam. It would add some contrast to Y&Rs standard operating procedure. Plus, the three of them are the smartest characters on the show, IMO, and all three of them seem to like a little challenge. They can be friends, or advesaries, for all I care. But, let them have a relationship that's based on something other than the writers lazy dialogue shortcuts, designed just to remind me that Adam is nefariously evil.

Truthfully, any kind of SL would be good for Lauren and Michael there days, as Y&R seems utterly disinterested in their characters. IMO, Lauren's scene with Nick the other day was just there to let Nick explain how he is getting over Shadam's relationship and is so magnanimous for allowing his ex-wife choose her own boyfriend. Lauren herself was just a prop in the scene and I hate how she and Michael are just sounding boards for the Newmans. She might as well have been a parrot trained to craw "Adam is bad, Adam is bad," for all her character's motivations or POV mattered to the writers. That annoyed me.

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

On yesterday's Canadian, there were a couple of really, really nice moments at the farm before the Storm of Doom arrived. But really, really nice stuff at first.

IOU_Payne

IOU_Payne

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

In yesterday's CDN ep, it was refreshing to see happy, lighthearted, couple-y interaction from Shadam. Even among all the dropping anvils, we were treated to a moment of - dare I say it - normalcy. No angst, no Grande Passion or pedestalizing. Enjoy it!

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

I've got to say it: I hate Avery's horn-rimmed glasses. I get that they're part of Avery's image--on top of trying to dowdy Jessica Collins up, which DOES NOT WORK--but the result is that they always make her look like a porn star playing "smart chick" or "sexy librarian" in an old Swedish Erotica short. (Not that that's a bad thing, but...) For God's sake, there's got to be a LensCrafters or something in Genoa City!

Out of the past few episodes I actually haven't found that much to complain about. GR and DDG continue to play well off each other while I still want Angelo to be hit by a bus; Daniel and Chloe and Eden and Ricky sortakinda pairing off has been okay enough (well, maybe less so the latter--Ricky macking on Eden tends to creep me out for some strange reason), Darnell Williams and Peter Bergman playing dueling scenery eaters...all of this was low-key, but acceptable. On the other hand, there was Ryder's secret video of Sarah "forcing" Daisy to go with the program...the weird disconnect at the end of Tuesday's episode with Daisy's "We'll see about that" to Lauren didn't help at all, but giving her this out in this way was extremely sledgehammery even by current Y&R standards. And they're doing the same basic story with Chelsea now, only with less (relative) evildoing beforehand. Arg.

valleycliffe

valleycliffe

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

LOLOL redshirtx, I read that those are Jessica's own glasses that she normally wears, they are not a prop.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Really? Hah...I'm torn on whether that beefs up Jessica's awesomeness because she's not worried about what us e-pundits think or if it simply means she has no taste in eyewear (then again, there are far uglier frames than horn-rims--but not many).

Toomuchsoap

Toomuchsoap

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

If she had gone off and left Faith to help sick children in a little village or was building houses in some poor country, she'd be the best mother ever and oh look at the example Sharon is setting for Faith! Nick is a first class asshole who didn't give two shits about Faith or Sharon when Sharon was carrying the glorious prophecy child. He was off with his other miracle dotter and her mother while Summer recovered from her "I'll have another nutter butter peanut butter sandwich cookie" attack. He could barely squeeze out a tear when Sharon told him that Faith had died. It was embarrassing and he didn't give two looks back once it was over. He moved on and kept it going. Now he's father of the year because he has Faith in his home?

Amen, Trip. Yup. She can't have Faith in Kansas because she'd be in "danger". Yet, you're right, if she'd dragged Faith to some hell hole in Mumbai to play Mother Theresa to the lepers, or to minister to little ragpickers in rat or cholera-infested Haiti - you just have to know that Nick would have been all gloriously okay with that because it's just all so no noble and selfless. He would have insisted that Sharon take Faith with her, because it would provide teachable moments. It's all about what Nick wants. And I hadn't actually thought about what you said regarding how Nick could barely summon a few tears to his eyes when Sharon told him that their miracle prophecy baby girl had died at birth, and didn't waste a second at Sharon's bedside before going back to his hot heffa to play video games and eat takeout from the GCAC, because when I remember, that's exactly what he did.

Edited by Toomuchsoap, Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:17 AM.

Caty

Caty

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Jessica Collins' eyeglasses are too big, the frames too thick, too black and distracting. I want to snatch them and stomp them with my ski boots.

Can't stand the Kansas farm scenes. Just hope Sharon whilst driving in the storm dark night, smacks into a large bull and dies as he crashes through the front window. And how stupid is this effen bitch to come to a blind man's abode without provisions? Didn't this airhead realize there is no 7-Eleven or Safeway down the block? And your lover is the blind one, what, did you expect him to have shopped ahead for YOU??

Edited by Caty, Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

I've got to say it: I hate Avery's horn-rimmed glasses. I get that they're part of Avery's image--on top of trying to dowdy Jessica Collins up, which DOES NOT WORK--but the result is that they always make her look like a porn star playing "smart chick" or "sexy librarian" in an old Swedish Erotica short.

Heh. From a male perspective, there's something about Jessica's facial structure and features (including the piercing Hazel eyes) that are almost...hypnotic. I had mentioned to a friend recently that JC's face reminds me of a cartoonist's rendition of a really, really hot babe, kinda like the girl from the Roger Rabbit movie, without the va-va-va-voom curves. For me, the glasses kind of accentuate the angular beauty of JC's facial features.

Edited by Winston Wolfe, Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.