The Young and the Restless

• Please log in to reply

121512 replies to this topic

Poll: Character Nicknames (377 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel character nicknames should be handled in the thread?

1. Don't allow nicknames at all. (112 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. Allow nicknames, but with a pinned post at the top of the thread explaining them. (178 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Allow nicknames without the pinned post and people will figure it out. (86 votes [22.87%])

Percentage of vote: 22.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:44 AM

Wondering about the nicknames used in the thread? Poster SweePea59 was kind enough to take the time to compile them for us. You can find them here, here, and here, so please check the posts out before asking in the thread. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.
Updated links to nicknames

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Making a new ruling on tweets, since they are prevalent in this thread:

In the future, please link to individual tweets or a Twitter feed instead of copying and pasting them into a post. Not everyone wants to read them; those who do can follow your links. And technically, they are copyrighted material just like a blog post or an article, so they shouldn't be copied and pasted anyway.

In addition, please don't just post tweets -- add some commentary or thoughts of your own. A post full of tweets is just like a list post -- boring to read. We want to know YOUR thoughts. This is especially important in single-thread shows like this one.

PM me if you have questions or comments.

nurse1

nurse1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:31 PM

LML really needs to leave this who killed the newbie shit alone. Because Agatha Christie she ain't.

Or a good writer!

Razz

Razz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 12:52 PM

If you could make a list of three characters to be killed off Y&R who would they be? I'll start Amber, Glohag and Kelfin. Destroying the Baldwin-Fisher's would make me so, so happy.

I'll agree with the Amber choice but not the others. I want Glo to get hers but she's fun to watch sometimes. The family cracks me up. I'm just not crazy about what they're doing to Kevin's character but I love all the Michael scenes.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:17 PM

I agree. I hate Gloria too, but she is so seriously delusional and over-the-top, it is entertaining. As long as she gets caught for the cream, I will be happy with her staying alive.

However, I'd love for a huge methane gas bubble to explode Victor, Bradley, Noah and ChristelKhalil.

SweePea59

SweePea59

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:32 PM

Amber, Noah, Heather.
It's so hard to pick only three...

Camdevil

Camdevil

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:34 PM

Am I the only one desperately holding out hope that the Phyllis and the Chaplain story will go something like:

Chaplain: I think that Jack falsified the will be taking advantage of his poor sick father. After all livedehtsikcaJ.

Phyllis: So you're telling me that Jack made it so Gloria would be left with nothing.

Chaplain: Yes. As I said livedehtsikcaJ.

Phyllis: *shrug* If you ask me, the bitch deserved everything Jack did to her. Good for him.

Ah well. I'm probably hoping in vain.

KawaiiNeko

KawaiiNeko

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:36 PM

Is it just me or did they focus way too much on Victoria and the baby today? This leaves me a little worried for the unborn kid.

Melody1

Melody1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:55 PM

Am I the only one desperately holding out hope that the Phyllis and the Chaplain story will go something like:

Chaplain: I think that Jack falsified the will be taking advantage of his poor sick father. After all livedehtsikcaJ.

Phyllis: So you're telling me that Jack made it so Gloria would be left with nothing.

Chaplain: Yes. As I said livedehtsikcaJ.

Phyllis: *shrug* If you ask me, the bitch deserved everything Jack did to her. Good for him.

Ah well. I'm probably hoping in vain.

If Phyllis ever has to choose between Jack and Michael, there's no way she's choosing Jack.

Is it just me or did they focus way too much on Victoria and the baby today? This leaves me a little worried for the unborn kid.

The writers really played fast and loose with the something bad is going to happen to Victoria and the baby anvils today. If the baby name meeting didn't accomplish it, the overly sentimental call with JT later on did.

Edited by Melody1, Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:00 PM.

nurse1

nurse1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:57 PM

This leaves me a little worried for the unborn kid.

With LML (aka Angel of Death) you should be worried!!

Ok, my three picks to go up in a big explosion at Clear Springs are: Amber, Daniel, Noah/Heather (2 for 1)

TinselStar

TinselStar

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:58 PM

Tammin Double Chin sho' is fugly. So I can only guess that she must have burned UP that casting couch.

Then set it on fire, causing TPTB to inhale noxious fumes that left them in a semi-comatose state, which is how someone so talentless wound up with a job on the show. I rather believe that than to think she actually impressed someone with her acting skills. Cuz let's face it--the chick is no method actor.

Oh and for my 3 to Go:

Amber (permanently)
Noah (until he's 18)

And it's a coin toss between Heather, Lily, and Colleen. Please, DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!, at least get one of them off my TV.

Sensei

Sensei

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:28 PM

With LML (aka Angel of Death) you should be worried!!

Even LML wouldn't have Vicky lose another baby. That would be the 4th baby (?) she will have lost. That seems a bit extreme, especially when the actress in the role is actually pregnant...right? Right?!?

decogirl1

decogirl1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:35 PM

I'd say Adrian was gonna get killed, but the story with Heather hasn't wrapped up yet. LML isn't allowed to kill Amber - that was in the deal she made with BB to take the character from B&B.

BTW, There are a bunch of first-time posters (plants?) over at CBS.com and Sony boards trying to drum up support for Suresucks. Failing miserably.

Edited by decogirl1, Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:41 PM.

Cleopatra Nik

Cleopatra Nik

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:37 PM

Amber, Daniel, Noah/Heather

What? Daniel? No! Leave him out of it. I'd like to see: Amber, Colleen, and Lily die in the Big Bang.

chachapaula

chachapaula

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:41 PM

Hey, long time lurker. I usually don't post because I'm a few days behind but I love to read what's here so I know what to watch out for & what to skip. Also most of them would be "I agree wholeheartedly!". Thanks to whomever posted the link to the survey. I've been watching since the early 80s & I've NEVER seen a show to thoroughly trashed.

One thing I seemed to have missed here (I still must be in my LML storyline induced stupor) what does livedehtsikcaj stand for? Thanks.

Thanks TinselStar, I see it now....duh. if that is indeed true, sign me up. I lurve him.

Edited by chachapaula, Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:00 PM.

TinselStar

TinselStar

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:43 PM

It's backwards for Jack is the Devil, due to his always being blamed for whatever goes wrong in Genoa City.

nurse1

nurse1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:53 PM

LML isn't allowed to kill Amber - that was in the deal she made with BB to take the character from B&B.

DAMN!!..ok, how about this Amber is hurt real bad in the explosion and has to lay in a hospital with bandages all over her face especially her mouth until her contract is up. LOL

Sorry Cleo, but Daniel has become annoying since he became Amber's cheerleader...no love for him here.

Camdevil

Camdevil

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

It would be awesome if they played the Clear Reliquary explosion like a Survivor/American Idol thing where the audience decides who shall live and who shall die. Stick half the cast in the rubble and we vote.

Antigone14

Antigone14

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

Decogirl:

I'd say Adrian was gonna get killed, but the story with Heather hasn't wrapped up yet. LML isn't allowed to kill Amber - that was in the deal she made with BB to take the character from B&B.

BTW, There are a bunch of first-time posters (plants?) over at CBS.com and Sony boards trying to drum up support for Suresucks. Failing miserably.

First, let me say that I do NOT think Adrian's going to get killed off. BUT I don't think it's because the S/L with Heather hasn't wrapped up yet. LML and her hacks can hardly remember what they write from one scene to the next, so it would be nothing for them to simply forget about Adrian/Macy...I have to admit I was surprised to see him heading off to Clear Springs...The spoilers say that Adrian is trapped with Victoria (UGH) so he'll probably save her or deliver the unborn baby. We also know that the November sweeps spoilers indicate that Victoria will have some sort of health crisis -- most likely a coma to cover AH's real life maternity leave....very original. So I'm thinking that they could be setting us up for a possible Adrian/Victoria hookup somewhere down the line...That thought doesn't thrill me either but anything is better than Adrian and Suresucks...ITA about the Sony and CBS plants -- could they be any more obvious. I get a real laugh though because every time one of the phonies starts extolling Suresucks non-existent acting talents or virtues, 10 more new posters come in and blast them with the truth.

Seriously, I love Eyal Podell but LML has ruined Adrian Korbel. As BillC noted in his most recent column, after being backburnered for most of the year, EP looks like he's mailing it in and who can blame him since he's stuck working with the three worst actresses on the show...

WizardofAhs

WizardofAhs

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

How can jack be the last person on a security camera if Amber was caught standing over JiMin's body?

That struck me as odd too, but actually Maggies said Jack was the last person seen leaving the room, not entering it. Obviously, Amber and Jill both entered the room after Jack left. However, I do think it's odd they seem to have utterly dismissed Amber as a suspect when she was both found with the deceased and had ample motive to kill him. That's some mad character propping, right there.

Three killed? I'd vote for Devon, Adrian, and Karen. I have no use for any of them.

I think my chief complaint about LML initially was that she was over-loading us on Brad, Victoria, and JT. Especially Brad. And completely ignoring Jill and Kay. I'm seeing a bit more balance lately, however. I'm not seeing Amber every day or Brad or Victoria and JT and seeing a bit more of Jill and Katherine, so I think it's a little better than it was when she first started.

I could care less who plays Colleen or Lily as I have little to no interest in those characters so their recasts and un-recasts, respectively, do not concern me. There may be a lot of "fury" from fans of AL or the AL paired "Korbleen," but since I can't stand Adrian or "Korbleen," and have found Colleen a pretty weak character in all three incarnations, my reaction is little more than a shrug.

As for the stories themselves, they aren't great and need better follow-thru and payoff, but I do like the faster pace of the show and actually can't remember the last time they had some really dynamic story that left me on the edge of my seat since the glory days of Bill Bell.

Overall I don't find the show nearly as bad as so many other soaps I've given up on. I've been watching Y&R for about 10-12 years and the show is still basically about the same characters that it was ten years ago. The same cannot be said for just about any other soap, which is why I've abandoned the others over the years.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:35 PM

I'd say Adrian was gonna get killed, but the story with Heather hasn't wrapped up yet.

Unless it has been to further along their livedehtsikcaj agenda when has LML and her regime of soap "writer" assassins ever "wrapped up a story" worth giving a damn about? I am sure that everyone in town will be blaming jack for the methane explosion. Again, I must reiterate, I am tired of the everybody take a shit on Jack show. I want good ole Smilin' Jack back and for him to be the only winner left standing and he should also get the girl for a change. And I love Michael but he had a hell of a lot of nerve telling phyllis that jack is evil and always breaking the law. Hello, Michael, have you forgotten that you are an accessory after the fact (and in some cases before and during) of all the high crimes and misdeamors committed by Glohag and Kev. And I am not even going to go into the crimes he committed against the bug, but he has also dragged his poor wife Lauren into this mess. So shut it Michael.

Sidenote, I am the only one tired of Ghost Dad? And can we get rid of David Chow - what the hell is his purpose besides the tool to drive a wedge between Nikki and Victor. Let's just make him the killer and be done with it. Or at the very least, he could get impaled on rebar during the methane burp.

pjamma

pjamma

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:38 PM

It would be awesome if they played the Clear Reliquary explosion like a Survivor/American Idol thing where the audience decides who shall live and who shall die. Stick half the cast in the rubble and we vote.

I'd pay $.99 per text to vote on that.

Melody1

Melody1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:50 PM

3 dead? Phyllis, Cane, and Kevin.

The current writers are terrible at long term planning. When Carmen was murdered, the writers haphazardly crammed a bunch of characters into the story, regardless of relevant motivation, to up its "mystery" quotient. They did same thing with Phelia, Reliquary, Nick's plane crash and Plum's and Ji Min's deaths. Now all of GC is travelling to Clear Springs for random reasons so in order to be present for the latest plot driven ratings stunt which will be as boring as the ice storm or the election.

Edited by Melody1, Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:51 PM.

Cleopatra Nik

Cleopatra Nik

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:56 PM

Dare I ask...is the Big Bang what came after the abrupt week-long retooling of the show? If so, I smell desperation...

SpenditWisely

SpenditWisely

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:59 PM

How can jack be the last person on a security camera if Amber was caught standing over JiMin's body?

This s/l does not make sense, Amber is not only a felon, but she was publicly questioning whether Ji Min had the money and she was found over the body!!!!!!!!!

Why in god's name aren't they pursuing her as a suspect more?

Not to mention - it seems to me that I remember during the JiMin demise episode, the last person to visit JiMin was not Jack. It was Victor - and he had Zapato with him! Although Zappy ain't no Golden Retriever, or is he?
My thoughts exactly during yesterdays episode - how could Jack be the last person seen leaving JiMin's room when Amber was standing over his dead body, and caught red-handed by Jill! The audacity of LML - she must think we viewers have a. no brains; b. no memories; and c. that we don't care if sl's make sense or not. I think when she killed off JiMin - she really had no idea who she wanted to be the villain. It was purely plot driven - with no thought involved whatsoever. And as much as I love JW/Jill, its really strange to see her so emotional over someone she was supposedly involved with, but we never got to see them together on such a level.

My 3 picks to meet their untimely Clear Springs demise are - Devon, Colleen (unless of course AL comes back), and TGVN - he is as exciting as watching my toe nail polish dry. His character is a caricature of his former self and he has become so one dimensional, I can't hardly stand it. And put Glohag in there too.

Edited by SpenditWisely, Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:08 PM.

chachapaula

chachapaula

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:04 PM

Because all their trysts were done during commercials. Much like JiMin's death. If she was going to kill him, the least LML could do is give us a good death scene. Although that would require her to think & I doubt that's her strong suit.

eta: because their & they're while sounding similar mean totally different things.

Edited by chachapaula, Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:14 PM.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:12 PM

I hope David Chow is the killer because I can't stand him. What a useless snivelling character.

I actually like Daniel with Amber. I hated this character during the Sir Ladyhair days and his stupid teen romance with ChristelKhalil. Then when Lily became Davetta Sherwood, he got his hair cut and he became a lot more tolerable. I think he and Amber should get together - the basketball scene where he was trying to stand up huge muscular Cane was pretty funny.

SweePea59

SweePea59

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:19 PM

LML isn't allowed to kill Amber - that was in the deal she made with BB to take the character from B&B.

DAMN!!..ok, how about this Amber is hurt real bad in the explosion and has to lay in a hospital with bandages all over her face especially her mouth until her contract is up. LOL

GREAT idea, nurse1. There are a few others I'd like to wrap up as well.
So since I have to take Amber off my three for one hit list, I'll go:
Heather, Noah, Chow or as Bill C so aptly described him, Nikki's own Zapato. I wonder, does he shed like a golden retriever? Wait, I smell a plot twist coming, turns out Chow has a golden retriever too, named Sandal. heh heh heh

Camdevil

Camdevil

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

Okay, Canadian eppy Katharine goes to Clear Springs?!? Am feeling much trepidation and fear. LML needs to go NOW!

Jschoolgirl

Jschoolgirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 6:14 PM

Okay, Canadian eppy Katharine goes to Clear Springs?!? Am feeling much trepidation and fear. LML needs to go NOW!

That is TERRIBLE!! Ditto on the trepidation and fear!

Regarding Gloria, man, she makes Grace look good, and I remember when people HATED Grace.

On child actors, Lil' Nate got a lot of airtime, and I'll take Hunter Allen any day, in spite of the wretched dialog the poor guy is forced to spew. I loved Hayden Tank as Victor Jr., and it was clear from their scenes that EB loved working with him.

AmazingGrace

AmazingGrace

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 6:22 PM

CN, it wasn't just you. I thought Maggie was telling Jill too much as well. Ethics, Anyone? Nick was lame
with the jokes today, "Semi-Colin". Ha. Not. And the little smile when he recommended Joshua as a baby name
for Victoria's son. We get it. Very obvious foreshadowing regarding Victora in today's episode. It
makes me wonder if the baby will even survive?
jablumjunkie, I thought the same thing. I'm like
"Amber was in Ji-Min's room AFTER Jack." And, even though Heather isn't all that and her mole is annoying,
still why would Cane flashback to Lily?! And the way he described her to Jill. Give Cane a decent woman,
damn it! 3 Characters I'd like to see dead: Gloria, Amber, and David/Brad (tie). Two characters that I'd like
to see changed--Suresucks gone and AL brought back and CK gone and DS brought back. :) Returns that
I'd like to see: ED and VR. :)

Edited by AmazingGrace, Oct 17, 2007 @ 6:25 PM.

Melany

Melany

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 6:23 PM

I have to pipe up on an issue here. I realize that Jack fans feel that LML is doing her best to make Jack "the devil." But truthfully, just be thankful he has a storyline at all. He's been featured front and center consistantly since LML took over. You all should try having your favorite be Dru or Jill or Michael. She wrote so poorly for Dru that VR just up and said "eff it" and left. Jill was a supporting player in the Cane is the realPhillip storyline with Amber taking the lead female role. Her romance with Ji-Min was almost entirely off screen, yet we are forced to witness Jack and Sharon go at (and I'm sorry, that was gross). Michael has been utterly decimated and reduced to propping Phyllis and his hag of a mother with no storyline and barely any scenes with Lauren and Fen. Fen was born a year ago, but did we even get a mention of his first birthday? No. Why? Because it was more important for a 30+ year old man to pout about his birthday being ruined because his wife is in jail. And to add insult to injury on that, they have Lauren of all people, make mention of Nick's birthday and not her own son's? Whatev.

So Jack fans, look at the bright side, at least Jack has plenty of story, even if it's not ideal or exactly what you want. None of Latham's stories have been very good and it could be worse, you could be me trying to find something worth watching on this mess of a show these days. At least you get to see Jack move story and he's not a prop. I'd give anything to be complaining about the storyline Jill or Michael were given...if they were given one with any substance at all.