The Bold and the Beautiful

• Please log in to reply

29485 replies to this topic

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

Just read the spoiler. I've been waiting for this for a long time. I may have to start watching again.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

If Bill was sending Liam to Aspen on business, why was the ToD all aboard the Forrester jet? That didn't make any sense.

Brooke was really channeling Stephanie today -- barging in on first, Steffy, then Bill. I'm glad that Steffy set Brooke straight when she started her rant about the "scandal" was all Steffy's fault. I was pretty impressed with Steffy today. I'm beginning to actually belief that she's sincere about what she's saying about not messing with Hope.

Why do people keep implying that Hope has a lifelong history of problems and issues -- including emotional and mental instability? When she first came on the show, she seemed happy and well-adjusted. It wasn't her fault that the psycho-photographer guy stalked her and tried to rape her. She seemed to recover from that just fine. She was doing just fine with Oliver until the "whoopsie wall sex." It also wasn't Hope's fault that Amber tried the pull the "baby daddy" stunt with Liam. Granted, I would be very upset, too, and that's when the OTT manic-depressive, whiny baby, preachy princess stuff started. That said, I think that Bill has it backwards. LIAM is not good for Hope, not the other way around. If Bill thinks that "better" for Liam is Steffy, maybe he's on to something.

Now I do wonder how many copies of those annulment papers are in circulation? This must be the seventh or eighth set somebody has shoved in Steffy's face. WTH was Brooke wearing? Whatever it was was way too short and definitely needed a skirt, pants or leggings under it. KKL is really too old to dress like that. With the long bleached hair and age-inappropriate clothes, she is starting to look ridiculous. There are ways to dress in stylish and mature clothes and still look sexy.

What a motley crew of press that was that was assembled at Aspen. They looked worse off than the street people that end up at Dayzee's coffee shop.

"Cha, cha, cha," HAS to stop! It sounds so corny and dated. I still can't get over how weird JMW looks. It was really apparent today. Her face is so puffy and her lips look painful and misshapen. At first, I thought maybe she'd gained a bunch of weight, but her body doesn't appear to be any bigger. It seems to look more like she's either taking steroids for some type of medical condition or she's recovering from a bad allergic reaction to something. I hope that she's not tinkering around with Botox or plastic surgery. She is too young and pretty. All she needs to do is look at "before" photos of HTy and that should be enough to scare her away for good.

carolinagirl81

carolinagirl81

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:01 AM

sorry double post

Edited by carolinagirl81, Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:03 AM.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

I was pretty impressed with Steffy today. I'm beginning to actually belief that she's sincere about what she's saying about not messing with Hope.

Why would she need to? Liam's and Hope's mutural self-centerness will pull them apart all on their own. Just like Ridge and Brooke manage to find new reasons to break up every six months without Stephanie leading the charge anymore (which reminds me...another poster says they aren't married ATM. When did they get a divorce?).

I do think she'd be better off moving the fuck on entirely, but I too will give her props for at least trying a new strategy.

Why do people keep implying that Hope has a lifelong history of problems and issues -- including emotional and mental instability? When she first came on the show, she seemed happy and well-adjusted. It wasn't her fault that the psycho-photographer guy stalked her and tried to rape her. She seemed to recover from that just fine. She was doing just fine with Oliver until the "whoopsie wall sex." It also wasn't Hope's fault that Amber tried the pull the "baby daddy" stunt with Liam. Granted, I would be very upset, too, and that's when the OTT manic-depressive, whiny baby, preachy princess stuff started.

Yeah, she didn't seem to get off-balance until after Liam married Steffy. Before that, her "no sex before marriage" thing was actually admirable because it was presented as her own choice and Hope wasn't looking down on others who thought otherwise.

Blaze518

Blaze518

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

The writing is sooooo bad for all the characters. The adults -- Brooke, Katie, Bill, Ridge, Taylor and even Justin -- now only exist to endlessly interfere and discuss the Hope/Liam/Steffy ToD.

Of the three ToD protagonists, I find Steffy the most tolerable/least vomit inducing mainly because of JMW's acting. Steffy is delusional and why she wants that useless sack of *hi* Liam I'll never know. Hopefully, the next time she gets hit on the head it will erase her memory. Liam is just a useless tool and a pathetic wimp. Hope is nothing but a spoiled, simpering entitled brat. Hope is now the official Paris Hilton of B&B -- she does nothing but stand around and look pretty, entitled and expecting to be worshipped by all. I have to laugh every time I hear her say, "I have to get away and relax from all the stress." That's all she ever does is lounge by the pool, flit around the FC CEO office and pop pills. She's also pathetic.

On a shallow note, I LOVED Steffy's tan leather handbag in the office scene yesterday. Gorgeous. I'm thinking Coach or Marc Jacobs :-)

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

So, what's going on? First of all, I thought $Bill made a point of wanting the press to mob the ToD as soon as they got off the plane. Maybe that was to protect Steffy and Liam. BTW, what is going to make those to immune to press scrutiny? I didn't notice Bill giving any instructions for those two to be made immune to the press. Anyway, his TV station isn't the only media to be covering Aspen Fashion Week.

Anyway, when I saw Liam and Hope (in plain view of anybody) cruising along at a slow sightseeing pace in the Jeep, I was sure the paparazzi were going to swarm them and start some type of low-speed chase aka OJ Simpson (way back when) but that didn't happen. Then, I expected to see photographers swarming out of the bushes when Hope and Liam were making out in the hot but. Again. ZERO...

So the mysterious Reggae man of the snowboard slopes is once again going to watch out over Hope? Do those OTT shades impart some kind of force field for her or something? I could totally see KL's Rick having a friend like that, but not JY's.

When Liam and Hope were talking about Bob Hope while they were in the hot tub and Hope acted clueless and like there was no way she'd watch a movie from 1942,I couldn't tell if it was just a teasing joke, or a clue that there really are vast differences between the two. As far as Bill's assessment that Liam never smiles or laughs when he's around Hope was not correct. I find Steffy's "cha-cha-cha" line more immature and irritating then Hope's immature giggling. Liam always has that half-assed grin and blank stare on his face, so it's difficult to get an accurate read on him. He seemed like he was having a good time in Hope's company. Bill's perception is tainted because Liam keeps making the mistake of revealing TMI to Bill about Hope (e.g the psychiatrist visits, the medication, etc.) He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Laughed at the "scandalous reveal" today when Brooke told Rick about Hope seeing a psychiatrist and *gasp* taking PILLS! I'm glad when Rick responded more of less like "so what?" about that news. However, he seemed overly and inappropriately preoccupied with Hope.

MaddieG

MaddieG

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

I've seen a lot of lazy writing on soaps these days, but B&B writers have set a new record for sheer ineptitude. For two or three days this week, we have had identical conversations between key characters. In several cases, like those between Bill and justin, not even one word was changed from day to day. In the scenes between Rick & Brooke, Liam & Steffy, and Liam & Hope, only a few words were changed around, but the gist of each conversation was exactly the same as it was the day before. Have TPTB stopped paying the writers? If they haven't, then they should certainly consider withholding money until some new words are written.

Disgusting.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

My eyes are doing triple axels after watching today's show. Do you think that the writers intendedfor it to be comical, but it fell flat? As I was watching, I kept thinking, "Is this supposedto be funny or am I missing something?" In the past, there have been a few successful "making fun of itself -- being absurd" episodes, which have worked, but this wasn't one of them.

First of all, Hope was an idiot for suddenly deciding to go to the fashion show with Liam. Like that little knit beret and oversized translucent sunglasses would really disguise her? She needed to pull a full Amber or Bridget and do the complete opposite -- don a short jet-black wig and dark glasses.

That fashion show was about as boring as a Forrester show, the only difference being that the models were parading up and down the aisle in down parkas and ski pants. (Thus the camera focusing on the model's flat bony asses.) I see Steffy drug the dead animal pellet out of the mothballs for the occasion. Looked as good as the first time around. I vote for Oliver's bowtie as "best in show."

(Speaking of trapping animals, that wedding photo of Liam and Steffy that we keep seeing, where they are standing apart and she'd reaching out with hands extended towards his head, really makes it look like she's going to snap him at around C-1. Paralyze and devour.)

I wonder why nobody noticed that all of the "media" had abruptly vanished from the fashion show and what all the hoopla was? (Couldn't they hear that faint chant of "H-O-P-E?"/snerk!) The only person who seemed to be working was Liam, when he was interviewing spectators. Why would he ask a MEMBER OF THE MEDIA where Hope was? I thought the whole point was that 1) the media was not supposed to know she was there and 2) if she was trying to be incognito at the show, wouldn't Liam assume that after the show was over that Hope would go back to the house?

That awful, awful, AWFUL montage of Hope running back and forth being chased by the "rabid mob" was about the most ridiculous scene I've yet to see on B&B. It even beats the barefoot chase of Phoebe and Rick through the streets of Sydney from a few years ago. Surely, that's gotta make "The Soup" this week.

What will happen is that Liam will arrive home, drive away the "mob," (since they are trespassing on private property) and find Hope passed out or strung out on the pills. Why didn't she discard them after she found out they were from Amber and she PROMISED Liam she wouldn't take any more? I don't know why she'd want the temptation around.

Anyway, I'll bet that what also happens is that Steffy is going to get blamed for tipping off the press and all hell will break loose. Ramona (the only person who can vouch for Steffy's sincere intentions to help Hope out of a difficult situation) will probably get trampled to death in a media stampede or something.

What would have been funnier was if Hope had somehow gotten the "balls" and addressed the press and told the whole story, starting with Steffy/Bill's manipulations during the first trip to Aspen. Since the incentive the media was given was to provide the "most intimate/juicy details," there would be a feeding frenzy. Bill would be inundated with "scoops" that would more ore less implicate him and he'd be forced to pay BIGGER dollars to "un-libel" himself. An added bonus would be for the press to put two-and-two together that Steffy was in Aspen and descend upon her.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

That awful, awful, AWFUL montage of Hope running back and forth being chased by the "rabid mob" was about the most ridiculous scene I've yet to see on B&B. It even beats the barefoot chase of Phoebe and Rick through the streets of Sydney from a few years ago. Surely, that's gotta make "The Soup" this week.

That scene was very similar to one in the movie "Help!" .... and was definitely meant to be comical and absurd at the same time.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

I vote for Oliver's bowtie as "best in show."

For a second, I thought you meant Zack Conroy's Oliver and was trying to picture him in a bowtie--lol! Aspen Oliver makes Texas Battle look like Sir Lawrence Olivier. His "acting" is excruciatingly bad. His female Aspen colleague isn't much better. In fact, all of the Aspen stuff is just so awful. Rick's buddy on the slopes, answering the cell phone? I never believed Plastic Ken Doll was pals with a Hipster Rasta the first time around, let alone the second. Then we have the flashbulbs of the paparazzi going off like crazy AFTER Hope has already closed all of the blinds. What exactly are they taking pix of? Closed windows? I saw one of them had poked his flash above the blinds, but I don't know what the hell the rest of them were clicking away at so furiously. And that place has no security? I guess Bill gave them the day off since he wants Hope to suffer.

For two or three days this week, we have had identical conversations between key characters. In several cases, like those between Bill and justin, not even one word was changed from day to day. In the scenes between Rick & Brooke, Liam & Steffy, and Liam & Hope, only a few words were changed around, but the gist of each conversation was exactly the same as it was the day before. Have TPTB stopped paying the writers? If they haven't, then they should certainly consider withholding money until some new words are written.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing is changing, and it all distills down to:
Justin: Butt out and let Liam choose, or you'll be sorry.
Bill: Hope is a nut-case and I don't want my son to make the biggest mistake of his life.
Brooke: I'm worried about Hope.
Rick: I'm worried about Hope, too.
See how much time I just saved the writers? We got the point the first time they said it; we didn't need to hear them say the same exact things twenty times each.

I wonder why nobody noticed that all of the "media" had abruptly vanished from the fashion show

Not to defend this stupid show, but I think they're making a distinction between the paparazzi who chase after scandals and the press who are there to cover the fashion show. I hated the Monkees montage. I guess they want us to think "Hahahaha--look how funny! Hope is being stalked by rabid photographers! What a laugh riot!" Granted, she put herself in that position, but the show is all over the place. First they want us to laugh that she's being chased, and then at the end of the show, it's "high drama" when she's on the brink of pill-popping again due to the paparazzi. This show is schizophrenic.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Sorry. I am probably in the 1% of people in the world who never was a Beatles fan. I know that "Help" was a movie starring the Beatles, but "The Last Train to Clarksville" is a Monkees song, so I don't understand the juxtaposition. Doesn't matter. It's a good thing that this was all scripted and filmed long before Davy Jones' death. Otherwise, I'd think that the writers were really popping the online pharmacy meds right along with Hope.

Anyway, I still thought it didn't make any sense to insert a comedic sequence with Hope being chased down by the media when it was supposed to be such a traumatic experience for her.

Nevertheless, it was a bizarre episode.

So, what else is new?

Redlake

Redlake

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:31 AM

Brooke: My life is over, I'm just going to live through my daughter now.
Hope: I love Liam sooo much.
Liam: (Smiles, turns head) Aw, shucks.
Thorne: Did somebody call me? No? Well, I'll go back to my dungeon.
$Bill: (Snorts, paws the ground) My son doesn't know what's good, but I do.
Ridge: I'm bored out of my mind, but I still have to say these things.
Jack: Mommie!
R.J.: Mommie!
Hope: Oh, a swing! Will you push me?
Steffy: (Smirks)
Reporters with cameras run down a hill into a lake, flashbulbs ablaze.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 2:28 AM

grisgris I know exactly what you mean and agree with your assessment. But as I tell anyone who asks me about some ridiculous scenario in the soap opera world, you must suspend all disbelief. Hard to do when the writers throw stuff at us that has absolutely nothing to do with what just happened.

As for the Monkees tune, my best guess is that Yoko or Paul wouldn't release Help! (or any other of their music), so they went for the next closest thing hoping no one would remember. LOL.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

Oh, I know, Dancin' Queen. I take soaps with a grain of salt. B&B is, and has always been, for me, my "guilty pleasure" after a long day at work. It just seems like it's gotten so bad over the past six years or so.

Not that I care, or to split hairs, but didn't Michael Jackson buy the rights to all of the Beatle's music? I figured that Yoko, George's widow, Ringo and Paul all got a fat pay-off and could probably not give a FF about how/when/where the music is used! LOL!

Well, let's see what "excitement" this week brings. I must say that I AM looking forward to seeing Deacon return.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:19 AM

Not that I care, or to split hairs, but didn't Michael Jackson buy the rights to all of the Beatle's music? I figured that Yoko, George's widow, Ringo and Paul all got a fat pay-off and could probably not give a FF about how/when/where the music is used! LOL!

You are absolutely correct...and in that case, we're talking about the MJ estate and whoever hold those purse strings :-)

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

Anyway, I still thought it didn't make any sense to insert a comedic sequence with Hope being chased down by the media when it was supposed to be such a traumatic experience for her.

I thought it was funny though (surprised even myself). Maybe they are all making fun of themselves.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

Interview with Brad Bell About New Lesbian Romance

Not surprisingly, the first question is this:

TV Guide Magazine: Is this seriously the first gay-oriented story ever done in the 25-year history of a show set in the L.A. fashion industry? How can that be?

Bradley Bell: Can that really be true? I don't know, actually. I'm going to get my researcher on that. If there was something done in the past, it certainly wasn't anything huge.

I know there's been a lot of storylines in the past 25 years, but you'd think a gay-oriented storyline is something the head writer would be able to remember.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I don't believe for a moment that Bell's really that clueless. I'd more call it chicken-shit writing and producing. Bell obviously backed down if the story is even true that the plans were for Thomas to be gay and AG refused to play the role. Then he said that he asked JJ if she was "OK" with the lesbian SL. (I knew she would be because she's a professional and for B&B that a HUGE opportunity to stretch your skills. Granted, the SL could last a week, but still.) I don't get this concept of asking actors for "permission" on how to write their roles. THAT's THEIR JOB!! Work with what you're given or TPTB should have the option to say, "next!" Unless you're at the level of Meryl Streep or something and CAN pick and choose what you play, suck it up. This is daytime TV, not Oscar-nomination level material.

Dr. Barton must not take many ethics classes. Why on earth she allowed Stephanie to be present during the discussion about Hope with Brooke, was insane. For starters, Stephanie technically is no longer Brooke's MIL, because Brooke and Ridge aren't married. She gave him a quickie divorce before it was determined that the BBB was a big lie/scheme and they have not since remarried. I think it will be at least the seventh time, when they do. I contend that Stephanie would not have Hope's best interest at heart, either. I think that she'd going to take what was confided to her and run straight to Steffy and Taylor. You'd think/hope that Taylor would uphold her professional and moral ethics and not act on what she's learned, but she's so hell-bent on Steffy saving her marriage to Liam, that she'll probably use it to Hope's disadvantage.

That said, Taylor -- now that it appears that Steffy has suffered yet, another severe head injury, at the expense of following her delusions of a life with Liam -- should put her foot down and convince her daughter that Liam is not worth risking her life over. I realize that Steffy is in Aspen on business, the same as Liam, but we all know that she is hoping the experience will influence Liam to choose her. (She's been being very good and not interfering and has actually tried to help Hope out of bad situation.) Taylor has been trying to be the voice of reason with Steffy, however, at the same time, she has been going behind Steffy's back to conspire with Bill to keep the couple together. Which is it, doc?

What are the odds that out of all of those people on that ski slope that it would be Steffy that Hope runs into? I didn't even look like that hard of a push.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 4:23 AM

I don't get this concept of asking actors for "permission" on how to write their roles. THAT's THEIR JOB!!

Exactly! ATWT decided to write for Luke's coming out SL when Jake Weary was in the role. He was not okay with doing that, so he walked and we got the guy that took the role and ran with it. AG is nowhere near experienced or talented enough to make demands. And while no one is trying to make soaps their career anymore, I'd think there's more than enough actors on LA that would jump at the chance of some semi-consistent work. God knows B&B hasn't had an qualms letting people go before(*cough* Leslie Kay, Ashley Jones, the kid who played Harry for a minute, Brandon Beemer, the actress who played Darla for almost two decades, and fucking MOSSIMO! *cough* )

Redlake

Redlake

Just Tuned In

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I remember reading, back when, that KKL had begged for Brooke not to bed Deacon. She didn't think her fans would accept her bedding her daughter's husband. But, as you know, that happened anyway. Every once in a while, someone still lays that sin at Brooke's door. As if she had a choice.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

But at least that story and triangle had some fallout. While I hated all of Brooke's boo-hooing every other scene about having hurt her daughter and wanting to do better by Hope, and equally hated Deacon for being scum (especially considering the circumstances by which he and Bridget were married), one thing I wasn't was bored out of my mind. The same goes for the Ridge/Bridget scandal.

For that matter, the Nick N. Sanity was the first and only time I was really tempted to give up this show for good, and even that crap, while a complete character assassination to one of my favorite male characters before or since on the show, was not as sleep-inducing as every single SL on this show right now...which is Hope and Liam, and....yeah. I'd almost pay to see Bridge make out in the sauna if it means less of those two.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Paparazzi chasing Hope all over Aspen, while the reason they were there (Aspen Fashion Week) goes ignored? This show has truly become more craptacular than ever.

Personally, I was hoping for a gigantic avalanche to wipe out all three of Liam, Hope and Steffy. And then maybe a house can fall on Bill.

I guess it's not really a surprise, but why is it that this show has now become primarily about 50 and 70 year old people interfering and controlling the lives of their grown ass children. It's not particularly entertaining to watch

liz26111

liz26111

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I have an idea, how about to take off the snowboard before trying to stand up. Oh, that is right if they did that Steffy could not fall into Liam's arms.

Edited by liz26111, May 1, 2012 @ 10:29 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:36 AM

I hate the Google Earth-style zooms from Bell-A to Aspen they've used in the past few episodes. The first time they did it was UCG, sure, but every time after that was just annoying space filler.

I guess it's not really a surprise, but why is it that this show has now become primarily about 50 and 70 year old people interfering and controlling the lives of their grown ass children. It's not particularly entertaining to watch.

I know, right? Admitted B&B's been more hardcore about this in general than any soap except perhaps Passions in the past few years, but the ToD in particular has been so all-encompassing and endless it's sucked all the joy (such as it's been) out of it. And this is from someone who likes all the actors involved. Pick a side and let it ride for a year, BB, why don't you?

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:40 AM

I guess it's not really a surprise, but why is it that this show has now become primarily about 50 and 70 year old people interfering and controlling the lives of their grown ass children. It's not particularly entertaining to watch

Now?

Stephanie controlling Ridge's love life has been a staple since as far back as I can remember. As far as other characters, it really took off when Thomas was first SORAS'ed and got with Amber, and has gotten progressively worse since.

What pissed me off more is when the adult kids being so invested in their PARENTS' love lives. Like when all of Stephanie and Eric's brood threw shit fits when he got with Donna, and almost all of Thorne and Felicia's scenes were some variation of "But Dad, mom is the best woman for you!" I can sort of wrap my head more easily around the over-bearing parents "watching out" for their under-25 children. But two grown ass adults in their thirties or forties being upset that their parents--who have been married and divorced several time already--was just sad.

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

Ok, so I have been a long time on and off viewer of this show. I started watching way back for Sally Spectra. I'd watch until some story or other irritated me and then I'd leave, but for one reason or another get dragged back. The last time I left was during the whole Brooke's egg ending up in Taylor mess. I hated that story so much - it was so insulting.

But I read that Crystal Chappell is landing on B&B and being a big fan decided to try B&B once again. I've been recording it so I can know where I'm at when her character arrives.

I never, ever thought these words would pass my lips ... err my keyboard: I'd rather watch Brooke and Ridge than this Hope/Liam/Steffy nonsense.

I cannot believe I'm admitting this. Mainly because I simply cannot stand the character Brooke. Cannot. In fact it used to be when Brooke and Ridge showed up, I just started ff-ing. The only time I could even put up with Brooke was her short-lived romance with Thorne.

But Hope/Liam/Steffy is worse. Much worse. This is the future of this show?!? Blerg.

I'd rather watch Stephanie and Eric break up and remarry 100 more times than this drivel.

Is Zach Conroy still on this show?

fugop

fugop

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

HOLDEN! HOLDEN! HOLDEN!

Seriously, a new man on the canvas? Is he staying or is today it? Because GO STEFFY GO! Enough with the Liam crap. GO GET HIM!

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

Is Zach Conroy still on this show?

He was still in the opening credits the last time I saw them, but so were Jackie, Nick and Owen. When $Bill called this other Oliver in Aspen, I thought, wow, that's a terrible recast. I guess they couldn't think of another name for the character.

Edited by brothertonbanks, May 2, 2012 @ 2:44 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

I didn't know this myself until after I checked the show's credits the other day, but Ramona Bruland and Oliver Sharpe are real-life TV personalities based in Aspen. (And Rick's friend Othello is apparently a pro snowboarder and ski instructor.) I guess if they can have a princess playing a recurring role they can use local talent for location shoots...

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

Ramona Bruland and Oliver Sharpe are real-life TV personalities based in Aspen. (And Rick's friend Othello is apparently a pro snowboarder and ski instructor.) I guess if they can have a princess playing a recurring role they can use local talent for location shoots..

I think the two words you got incorrect in the above description are "personalities" and "talent." Those two are the most boring, most awful actors I've ever seen on this show. And this is the same show with Mushmouth and Donna, mind you. This show can't get out of Aspen soon enough for me.

When $Bill called this other Oliver in Aspen, I thought, wow, that's a terrible recast.

Hilarious!

Edited by Shira, May 2, 2012 @ 3:17 PM.