The article mentions that
Spoiler

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

B&B launching a gay storyline:

http://insidetv.ew.c...iful-exclusive/

Oh Gawd! Usually, I'm all for diversity but this show has been terrible lately. And I can only imagine how badly Bell is going to screw this up. And it's a shame too because both actresses are talented. Ugh.

I still find Thomas as asexual as I did months ago

Yeah, Thomas does nothing for me either. He's physically attractive but not at all hot. The only coupling I've liked him with has been with Dayzee. He's been a chemistry-free mess with everyone else.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Interesting... so does this now mean that Caroline is going to have intimacy issues with men? Let's see, if she grew up never seeing her mother(s) have a romantic/sexual/partnering/parenting/other non-platonic relationship with a man, then maybe that's why Caroline II is so obsessed with Auntie Caroline I's life? To see how the "other half" lives? /shoulder shrug.

B&B just seems too timid to go beyond the "toe in the water" approach to any type of social issues that delve beyond the very broad scope, (e.g.cancer, homelessness, etc.) It's going to take a daft writing hand to craft this one well. However, I'm afraid that in the hands of Brad Bell, it will last just long enough to prop Caroline up to be the next vestal virgin who has been scarred by life by her mother's lifestyle choices (regardless of the glaring differences on all levels between Brooke's past OTT sluttish behavior and Karen's apparently raising Caroline in a hopefully loving and long-lasting same-gender parenting relationship.) Caroline will be next in line behind Hope en route to Dr. Barton's couch and to "Dr. Amber" for the whatever-ails-you online meds.

I will be curious to see how this is rectonned (if at all) because when Karen first arrived on the show, she was initially brought in by Taylor's jealous ex-husband, Blake, to tempt Ridge away from Taylor. That didn't work out. Karen was also paired with Thorne and Connor Davis. However, the door was left open because she didn't end up with either one of them...

Today's show... ugh... Taylor seems to be the only person who has any sense of logic about the ToD. I noticed that when she threw the example in Ridge's face about how many years she wasted pining away from him, he sort of dismissed it like it was irrelevant and that "he was worth it."

Here is Steffy at it again, being manipulative... "She's a Logan. She's always going to have issues." No, YOU'RE the one with issues..."daddy abandonment," repeatedly chasing after unavailable men, irrationally jealous of your step-sister, delusional that a man who clearly has chosen ANOTHER WOMAN is going to return to you. Not to mention the "Cha! Cha! Cha!" Is that her new theme?

Hope also has issues (but on a different level)and she has made a complete f-ed up mess out of everything, but I am glad that she told Liam the truth. Granted, she is the one who is responsible for this entire mess. Where things went wrong was that she didn't trust Liam enough (with good reason) that if she didn't sleep with him, that he'd go back to Steffy. Nobody, Hope especially, anticipated that the backlash would cause her to develop a legitimate medical condition and have to seek treatment from a physician and take medication.

IF she hadn't had that accident at the pool, I see no reason for her to apologize to Liam for having an illness. Granted, she should not have lied to him during those times when he asked her if everything was OK and she said yes. To me, I see no difference here than when Stephanie, after being diagnosed with lung cancer, was hacking and coughing and could barely walk, would deny to Eric and others that something was wrong. He understood.

I don't think that anybody needs to be "forgiven" for having a legitimate illness. How they choose to deal with it is their own business unless it is in a manner that directly threatens the life or well-being of another person.

Right now, both Steffy and Hope are equally deserving of that tool. Both would be better off without him.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:30 AM

Personally I don't think its really fair to say that Steff is "delusional" in her pursuit of Liam when the tool keeps giving mixed messages at any and every given opportunity. The video call, the touch from behind and hug at her return, he's not treating her like someone he just can't wait to break all ties from.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

That's a fair point, but Steffy's bad relationship choices go back to when the character was first SORASed, really. She'd cheated on Marcus with Rick; tried to flirt with Owen when he and Jackie were on a break; tried to blackmail Oliver into dating her (which was all kinds of WTF) and had a thing with Bill, not to mention her YAP YAP ALWAYS YAPPING about being abandoned by Daddy...and all of that was before Liam was even an issue.

In regards to Liam, yeah, for once she's not completely off her rocker to think there's a chance. The only question is: what is so special about this guy? They were engaged for, like, a day and were married for three months--most of that time Liam spent pining for Hope and Steffy was aware of this. So, um...where's the attraction? I honestly don't get it.

ETA: Regarding the B&B gay SL, it's a day late and a dollar short for me. Like another poster said upthread, this seems like TIIC just want to dip their toes into the water. Never mind the fact that every other soap except Y&R has done at least one of these stories before the end of last decade.

Edited by Anna Yolei, Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:12 AM.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

Ugh, Liam. What kind of man commiserates with his WIFE about the troubles he's having with his GIRLFRIEND? Sure Steffy was a willing participant in the conversation but Liam is just trying to maintain some emotional intimacy with Steffy in case he wants to go back to her well physically. And how dare he have any complaints at all about Hope? The girl is so in over her head that she had to see a psychiatrist and get medication in order to have sex with him. Of course he doesn't know that yet but you'd think that when he finds out he'd realize that letting things get this far with Hope while he was still married was a huge mistake and he'd send her packing and back to Brooke's house until the divorce is final. All Liam cares about is getting his little Liam taken care of. Collateral damage? Oh, well...

Interesting... so does this now mean that Caroline is going to have intimacy issues with men?

Why would having a gay mother cause her to have intimacy issues with men? Oh, I don't think B&B wants to go there.

to prop Caroline up to be the next vestal virgin who has been scarred by life by her mother's lifestyle

So in other words, Caroline is Hope 2.0, New and Improved! But still, I don't think B&B wants to try to make that off-the-wall theory fly. Unless their objective is actually to try and show how ridiculous such a notion is (that gay parents raise sexually confused kids), it'll say a lot about the bigoted viewpoints of the people running that show.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

Interesting... so does this now mean that Caroline is going to have intimacy issues with men?

She will probably have a thing for Ridge. Ick I know but I can see it happening.

I would love Steffy if she would just kick Liam to the curb. Come on girl you are so better than that Tool.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

Ugh, Hope's "problems." She is really young and naive. I can't believe she thinks it's such a big deal to see a psychiatrist or take medication for stress. In L.A.? With her crazy family? Why should any of this be such a big, terrible, embarrassing secret that she should keep from Liam? Sometimes I feel like this show is back in the 1950's, with all of this archaic stuff about how premarital sex is BAD!!!, anti-anxiety meds are BAD!!!!, seeing a shrink is BAD!!!! Blech.

JMW is usually so pretty, but the outdoor daylight scenes of her are pretty gruesome. I don't know if it's the caked-on stage makeup or what, but she looks awful outside. Her face looks so bloated and washed-out. Plus, the bad weave. Yikes.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

She will probably have a thing for Ridge. Ick I know but I can see it happening.

Considering that she and Ridge looked close to throwing each other down for some sex in those scenes about Caroline 1.0 ("the cancer ribbon! It's <sob> so...beautiful! <sob>," I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Chancellor

Chancellor

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

They're now forming a gay storyline with lesbians when they continue to have that gay ass Thomas running amok? Nice try! They can keep trying to make this girly Thomas work with women all they want.............FAILURE will continue.

Edited by Chancellor, Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:40 PM.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

Why would having a gay mother cause her to have intimacy issues with men? Oh, I don't think B&B wants to go there.

OMGosh... I am SO SORRY. I didn't mean to offend anybody with my remark. I guess I phrased it poorly. Of course, I don't think that having parents of the same gender would cause a child to automatically grow up having issues with the members of the opposite gender of the parents.

It sounds like there are two talented actresses who could really do well in this upcoming SL. Yes, my concern is that based on past history, that the writers will mangle this badly. The current pattern has all of the female characters having some sort of dysfunctional issues in relationships with men, that were influenced (whether true or imagined) on one or both parent's behavior. So, yes, I can totally see the writers having Karen's choice of lifestyle/partner as trumping up some sort of issue with Caroline.

Posters have been jokingly tossing around the idea of Ridge and Caroline 2.0, but I could totally see Bell going there. It would be some crap like, "Caroline, who is frustrated by her mother's inability to answer her questions about romance with a man, decides to seek it out on her own. Therefore, she decides to relive the live of her idolized, deceased namesake..." Regarding the age difference, I see no difference in Caroline-Ridge than Steffy-Bill and a lot of people are still think those two are hot and belong together.

Somebody mentioned Thomas... what also irritates me about the upcoming lesbian SL is, that I thought that there was a proposed SL where Thomas was going to be gay. My understanding is that AG nixed that, due to personal and religious beliefs. (My thoughts are, "You're an actor. Play a part. No dice? Then, NEXT!) He obviously didn't have a problem acting in a biracial SL. BTW, another poster pointed out that many of the SLs are written like it was in the 1950's. Word to that and add biracial relationships. Donna/Justin/Mushmouth had to wait for DECADES before they were "socially acceptable."

Today's show just brought to fruition what a complete asshole Liam has become. I was impressed that initially he was all loving, supportive and understanding when Hope admitted that she was seeing a psychiatrist and taking medication. However, as soon as she revealed that she sought help AFTER their first night together, that he suddenly got all indignant with her about "keeping secrets," etc. As soon as he blurted out, "Is this how it's always going to be with us?" I figured that Hope is going to head for her pills as soon as possible. It's all about him and his performance in bed. What a tool. Now, after listening to Steffy today more or less bragging about their sex life (as they had nothing else) let her have him back.

It really was out of place for both Steffy and Hope to be giving Brooke the fifth degree about Hope's behavior. So what? If Brooke knows what's going on, it's really none of their business. Like she's going to tell them anything.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:29 AM

Posters have been jokingly tossing around the idea of Ridge and Caroline 2.0, but I could totally see Bell going there.

Well, it's been a while since we've had a really squicky pairing like this, so we're overdue, I guess.

Actually, that IS the one positive of the show lately: We didn't have too many WTF pairings--and I'm not talking about the WTFery of the blink-and-miss-it Nick/Donna crap. I mean WTF borderline incest. The only thing that springs to mind recently is Thomas and Hope, which is tolerable since they didn't grow up thinking they were biologically related at any point.

IA about the "scandal" of Hope seeing a therapist. Again, in the LA fame scene, kids her age would be taking their dogs to see shrinks just because they could. :/ This is no more of a scandal than Donna's teenage pregnancy (which took place in the fucking 80's, when being a pregnant teen was hardly a hanging offense, least of all in California)

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

This Pam/Donna stuff stopped being funny a long time ago. Yet, more proof of Bell using the same tired tricks over and over again. Yawn.

So, Amber's about to be busted for another scheme. Color me surprised. And Liam? Shut up.

Redlake

Redlake

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

$Bill: My son (Liam) is the most important thing in the world to me.
Hope: I love Liam so much I compromised my standards rather than risk losing him.
Steffy: There is still a chance Liam will come back to me, I will wait.
Me: (Snore.)

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Speaking of Donna, is JG pregnant again? She had that huge bag over her stomach while she was standing up talking to Brooke. But, yeah. I've forgotten how that whole Pam/Donna thing even started to begin with.

I had to think about Liam's hostility against Amber, until I remembered that whole WTD thing over Rosie. Still, it was nice to have someone be the voice of reason to Hope by telling her to come clean to the guy. I realize Amber's trying to get on Hope's good side for her own personal gain, but I was thinking that a street-saavy person like Amber is exactly what Hope needs in her life; someone with some life experience....since TIIC have shuffled Bridget away and continue to ignore Felicia. Amber's a lot of things, but I can't ever recall her being a complete doormat for any man (the idiocy of her blackmail marriage to Deacon on Y&R aside).

one thing that stuck out with Hope's talk to Dr. Barton--she said she had to be the strong one for Brooke's many relationship failures and getting her heart broken; but by the time Hope and RJ came, she was mostly back and forth between Ridge and Nick. In fact, she didn't even stay married to Nick six months, and Hope was really young. Not that the off-and-on thing with Ridge probably didn't screw the kids up, but Nick was her last non-Ridge romance, and that was six years ago real time.

Aside form Steffy's usual shrillness about Liam, she did have a point. Let them see how incapatible they are for one another now, instead of jumping into marriage. There was a sprumor a while back about
Spoiler

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

Speaking of Donna, is JG pregnant again? She had that huge bag over her stomach while she was standing up talking to Brooke.

I think I saw a mention of her being pregnant in a recent SOD issue.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Something comedic other than the overplayed Pam/Donna hijinks this coming week:

Amber
Spoiler
so she comes up with a plan to
Spoiler

Edited by jw7579, Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:14 PM.

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Spoiler

You have got to be kidding me!
Spoiler

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

That sounds hilarious!
Spoiler

Yes, JG is pregnant. She and her husband are expecting their second child, a girl, I think in June. Really, what is the point of bringing Donna back for a SL if the actress is going to disappear again for maternity leave? The same goes with Pam. I like AM and it's apparent that she has way more potential and talent than the crap that's written for her. She was outstanding during the SL where Ann died. She, SF and Betty White all knocked that out of the park. I wish that Pam had gone back to Chicago after their mother died and maybe made an occasional visit to LA. It is such a disappointment to see her in asinine SLs like being obsessed with Nick, the ongoing rivalry with Donna, etc.

I was disappointed with the Hope and Dr. Barton meeting yesterday. First of all, why would Hope go to an appointment with a doctor and leave not only her mystery medication, but her PURSE in her car? Dr. Barton really needed to see that note that Amber forged as well as the increased number of refills on the label. Emergency admissions are why hospitals have units called EMERGENCY ROOMS. I am sure that in a city the size of LA, a hospital could have found a psychiatrist on staff or on call to admit Dr. Barton's patient until she could get there. I think that Hope having some type of forged/fake prescription for a highly-addictive anti-anxiety medication also constituted an emergency. Abruptly telling Hope to throw her medication away was also wrong. There was no explanation as to why or instructions on how to safely dispose of the pills.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Barton really needed to see that note that Amber forged as well as the increased number of refills on the label.

Amber didn't increase the number of refills, she changed the quantity of pills in the bottle. She changed Dr. Barton's 2 pills to 12 pills (putting a 1 in front of the 2), and then put the extra pills that she (Amber) ordered in the bottle for Hope. Either way, though, super-dumb move for Amber.

Edited by Shira, Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:04 PM.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

Gotta love how Hope feels doing thing the way she wants done when she wants them done as "the right thing"? Really? I go back and forth on my sympathy for Hope. Its easy to feel bad for her when she keeps her BS self contained. But when she opens her mouth to others it usually flushes any built up goodwill towards her down the toilet. And here is my biggest hang up... She's the one who put herself in this position. And no, I'm not going to start another conversation loop, we get that enough in BelLA... but she was the one saying that she didn't care what people thought, and that she and Liam are married in their hearts, and all that crap. But its time to stop whining and put on her big girl panties. When she decided that she wanted to be with Liam in spite of the sticky situation of him marrying her step-half-adopted sister or whatever the hell they are to each other, and she's the one who wanted to be constantly in the spotlight and the guidepost for the sexual beliefs of an entire generation.... then she can't quake like a leaf in a storm when the inevitable fallout comes. What exactly did she think the end result would be the last time she had the idea of doing the hypocrite thing with her fans. And this is what you get when you entangle your professional and personal life. So her trembles and tear filled laments do nothign for me. Plus she's still whining for that annullment, like that would make all her problems disappear or something. Yeah right. Then again, I totally believe Hope is the type who if her marriage didn't work out, she'd rather have an anullment and pretend it never happened than get a divorce.

And another thing, while I'm at it... I get that Amber is intended to be the big villain here, because she's taking advantage of poor stupid Hope and gave her bad pills... and yeah, that's pretty awful, though in an AMber way of things I still find rather tame. After all... hope could just not take the pills. Amber isn't slipping it into her food and drink, or holding her down to shoot them down her throat with a straw. All she did was get them for her, Hope has to be the one to actually use them.... but that aside, i think its kind of a cop out. I'm under the impression we're supposed to believe Hope is all wacked out because Amber got her bad meds... Except that Hope was wacked out with the two legit pills given to her by Dr. Barton. Even the hubby noticed that, and he's not paying half as much attention to this show as I do. So... i'm not buying it.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

After all... hope could just not take the pills.

Yeah, but they keep hammering the point into the ground about how these particular pills are "highly addictive" so that's why the bad-guy druggies got busted for selling smack on the internet (sure, as if!), and we get repeated scenes of Hope's ridiculously bad-acted shaky hand.

The thing that annoys me the most is that Amber keeps taking out the bag of pills. Why, exactly? She needs to keep looking at a bag of white pills because...? And then she needs to hurry up and hide them when numerous people keep popping up on her? Lame.

I know how $Bill hates Hope (and I'm more sympathetic to that than not), but calling her a crackpot because she's seeing a therapist and taking pills is just...not sending a good message at all. A lot of people need help coping (thus, "Prozac Nation"), so to write them all off as wack-jobs just seems unfair, even for $Bill. I know, I know, he sees psychiatric help as a sign of weakness, but not everybody is a battle-axe like him. So, I think he's actually being pretty unfair to Hope about it. Granted, she made her own mess with her annoying chastity campaign in the first place.

Plus she's still whining for that annullment, like that would make all her problems disappear or something.

Agree 100%, that is effing ANNOYING as all hell! Shut up about the annulment already!!! She can't just annul that she slept with Liam before marrying him, which was her big soapbox issue. I'm glad Steffy shut her right down.

Even given Hope's blatant hypocrisy, I will never, for the life of me, understand why the paparazzi in Los Angeles gives a flying crap that two people are living together who aren't married. He's separated from his wife, and intends to marry Hope. Why is this such a big deal in 2012? Slow news day, I guess. But it's like Bell-A is this super-conservative, ultra-religious, small-town hick place where every tiny thing is a SCANDAL!!!! (Please, give me a break.) I will buy that Brooke banging Hope's boyfriend by accident was worthy of all the trashy magazines salivating over that scandal, but this? Snoozers!

Edited by Shira, Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:48 PM.

minirth

minirth

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

Is the contract of the actress who plays Hope secure? It seems to me that Caroline is Hope, just SORASed a few years into actual adulthood.

Now, this right here is what makes my blood boil about this soap: wasted opportunity. BB should have postponed Hope's "breakdown" (*galactic eye roll*) until after Caroline had been introduced and on the scene for a few weeks. She could have started seeing the therapist with her mommy (as inappropriate and vomit-inducing as that was), and even maybe started to take the occasional anxiety pill But then Caroline comes along and it all becomes too much. After all, here is this beautiful, educated, sweet-natured, blonde relative of the sainted Caroline -- a good writer would tap into this and have that be what pushes Hope over the edge. Why does the family need HER now that Caroline's around? Caroline hasn't blown their PR to hell and gone, Caroline isn't in the tabloids, woe is me, pop a pill, now there's a better story!

(But of course, wimmens only have breakdowns over their twu wuvs. Grrr.)

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

The thing that annoys me the most is that Amber keeps taking out the bag of pills. Why, exactly? She needs to keep looking at a bag of white pills because...? And then she needs to hurry up and hide them when numerous people keep popping up on her? Lame.

That's so funny! I watched this show from the UK called Bad Girls (about women in prison) and in season one this older prisoner's son died and she decided to kill herself. She managed to save up a bunch of pills they were giving her for her stress and upset and was hiding them in her cell. But of course we had to have endless scenes of her looking at the pills and touching the pills and acting all jumpy when she almost caught with the pills. I was at the point that I was yelling at the tv "Just take the pills already!" Hee.

Hope and her pills just bores me. I'm trying to get back into this show after a couple of years away and it's been tough. I'm not really feeling many of the stories.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Yeah, but they keep hammering the point into the ground about how these particular pills are "highly addictive" so that's why the bad-guy druggies got busted for selling smack on the internet (sure, as if!), and we get repeated scenes of Hope's ridiculously bad-acted shaky hand.

See, I could probably go along with that... except what I mentioned before. Hope's so-called addiction seems to have kicked in before Amber had given her the wicked, awful, super addictive pills. It really just seems like a half assed excuse for her to cling to some kind of a vice. And pill popping seems the natural route for her. She doesn't drink much, I can't imagine that girl turning to pot or anything worse than that (can anyone really imagine Hope Logan smoking meth or shooting up heroin?, so there you go. Pills. I really wish she'd stop shaking out her hand, though. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do the bad pills give her carpal tunnel or something?

Edited by Amberosia, Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:32 AM.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

Oh po widdle Hope. Reduced to begging Steffy to give Liam the annulment. Not too long ago she was regularly screaming at Steffy and siccing her entire family on her. What a dumbass for warning Steffy that Liam was going to come begging too. She completely took away Liam's advantage of the element of surprise, not that it would have helped him.

It's ironic that one of the main encouragements Brooke gave Hope for giving up her virginity to Liam was so that Hope could take Steffy's power over Liam away. Well, now it looks like Steffy has even more power because she at least has demonstrated the ability to stand on her principles while Hope has ended up looking like the world's biggest whining hypocrite. No, Hope, sweetie, it all would go away if you just stopped shacking up with a married man.

Hope basically handed her conscience to Steffy and now she's suffering for it, having to pop pills with who-knows-what in them to try to numb that conscience. While I wish Steffy would cut that worthless tool Liam loose and get on with her life, she gets points from me for hanging tough when a weaker (or perhaps less delusional) woman would have long ago given up.

MaddieG

MaddieG

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

So....after swearing that there will be no more secrets between them, and then promising Liam she won't take another pill, Hope hangs up and 15 seconds later, pops a pill. And then compounds that by not telling Liam as soon as he arrives to rescue her.

Is Hope so dumb or delusional herself that she thinks Steffy's signature on annulment papers will make a bit of difference? You can't unring the bell, Hope. But for all the stupid things she's done, she really does have Liam by the short hairs. How would he dare to break it off with her now? He freeely admitted to her that this was his fault because he "pressured" her, and assured her he would be there for her, that they would face this together. Now he's left with this fragile little girl whom he will have to cater to all her ife so that she doesn't break down again.

I so want to see Steffy move on, but to whom? This show has such a dearth of men. I hated her with both Marcus and Rick; Owen has riden off into the sunset with Jackie; Oliver is so good looking, but such a namby-pamby boy; and everyone else is related to her in some way. I loved her with $Bill, but I definitely don't want to go through all that Katie crap again. Ever.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Is Hope so dumb or delusional herself that she thinks Steffy's signature on annulment papers will make a bit of difference? You can't unring the bell, Hope.

Yes, exactly! She can't annul that they had premarital sex, and she can't annul that they're living together before they got married. Personally, I couldn't give two figs about either situation, seeing how it's 2012 and not 1952 and all, but the fact that she soapboxed about it, and now thinks that Steffy signing the annulment papers makes the two situations null and void, is just all kinds of WTF.

See, I could probably go along with that... except what I mentioned before. Hope's so-called addiction seems to have kicked in before Amber had given her the wicked, awful, super addictive pills. It really just seems like a half assed excuse for her to cling to some kind of a vice.

I totally agree that the whole thing has been (and continues to be) poorly written and poorly acted. She just seemed slightly less nuts with the two legit pills, if that makes any sense. Now all of a sudden, she's on LSD at Woodstock...while (you called it right) having carpal tunnel syndrome.

Speaking of medical problems, Caroline needs to get her effing eyes checked. Oliver is in the same room with her, but she only has eyes for Plastic Ken Doll? Riiiiight. I continue to be so pissed that they waste Zack Conroy on throw-away scenes like today's photo shoot, when he should be the one having the hot, romantic relationships on this show. Not Mushmouth. Not Asexual Thomas. Not Plastic Ken Doll. Not Mulletor. I'm PISSED, I tell ya!

P.S. It is rather comical whenever Brooke and Oliver are alone in a room together, like today, before Ken Doll and Caroline showed up. It's just so weird that those two had sex, without even realizing they were having sex with each other.

Edited by Shira, Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:20 PM.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

Ya know, I just realize that now that the generational focus problem's been fixed (sort of) so that there's less focus on the forty plus crowd, the biggest problem on this show is the lack of story rotation. Soaps used to have their A-stories on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, while the B-stories/filler would be on Wednesday and Thursday. Except now, the Liam/Hope crap takes up EVERY. FRIGGING. DAY. And there's no B-story that doesn't related to Liam/Hope--the closest thing is Amber scheming for Ken Doll. Hell, even Bridge's Marry-Go-Round has taken a back seat to those two. It's feels like I'm watching "Secret Life of the American Teenager," where every character is talking almost verbatim about the same event for two or three episodes on end.

minirth

minirth

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Pills. I really wish she'd stop shaking out her hand, though. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do the bad pills give her carpal tunnel or something?

Some pills have that side effect. Some days my hands are steady, some days they shake a bit, some days they shake so much I can't hide it. But for her to have developed that, in this short time span, having taken those few pills? I don't buy it.