The Bold and the Beautiful

• Please log in to reply

29483 replies to this topic

neciamorris

neciamorris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2009 @ 2:11 PM

That's it? That's the big secret? Steffy's a dumb and crazy little girl playing at being a woman. I didn't need a flashback to figure that out. I can't believe she threw herself at this man, again. What is wrong with her? I think Don Diamont is rocking the Bill Spencer look, the goatee and the jeans, but only a nitwit reads into these encounters and comes away with, "I can't resist him."

I'm with Brooke, but not for her reason. I say tell everyone and rub Ridge's face in the fact that his daughter is a stupid little twunt.

Also, Rick and Steffy are gagworthy. I made the mistake of stopping during their conversation to hear Rick wax poetic about her beauty. I couldn't press the FF button fast enough.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2009 @ 4:46 PM

I can't figure out if it's more annoying or more laughable that Steffy would actually make ANOTHER (!!!) pass at a guy who has zero interest in her, but I have to say I'm relieved, because Bill would have been dead to me if he somehow found that moronic imbecilic twit to be a smoking siren whom he couldn't resist. This show is often so badly written that it's comical, but I must say that Don Diamont gets, by far, the best lines of the whole cast. I loved, loved, loved his dig to Brooke after she said she doesn't like to keep secrets--PRICELESS. And she even winced! That whole dialogue between him and Brooke had me yelling "amen!" after everything he was trying to get through her thick head, and "drop it!" after all of her incessant nags that he needs to confess. Sheesh, woman! How many times does he have to explain it? And yet her squinting continues as she tries and tries to fathom it. I think she's going to bust a vein trying to make sense of it.

And meanwhile, Steffy must, in every single interaction with everybody at the office, tell them she's not a saint and she's made big mistakes? Why not just say outright, "I tried and failed to bang the CEO, twice." Because it's really getting tiresome hearing dialogue like this:

"Oh, hi Steffy, by the way, you're doing a great job here."
"But I'm not a SAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does everybody think I'm PERFECT???!!!!!!!!?????"

Man, I miss Storm and his gun.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2009 @ 7:38 PM

Man, I miss Storm and his gun.

Won't get any argument from me on that one! Steffy is acting like Taylor did when she was getting ready to confess the BBB. ("I'm not the saint people think that I am.") Who thinks Steffy's a saint? I've heard some compliments about her job, but that's about the extent of it.

I really wanted to slap Brooke today was she was lecturing Bill about how he'd be working "closely with Steffy," "flirting," etc. EXCUSE ME!!! Isn't that exactly what she did to Ridge when he was married to Taylor? She'd schedule "all-nighter's," not to mention her ploys when they were working on the "Brooke's Bedroom" collection. I also remember that at the beginning of her frequent seduction campaigns, that Ridge would blow her off and was loyal to Taylor. So, she has no business implying that Bill was encouraging Steffy's advances.

I'm with Brooke, but not for her reason. I say tell everyone and rub Ridge's face in the fact that his daughter is a stupid little twunt.

I'm more and more rockin' with this idea! The FC SL is getting pretty stale with everybody's "lets just get along," persona. Eric's pouting about Donna's job on "The Catwalk" is boring.

I can't figure out Steffy's ongoing dark mood and anguish. Is she truly embarrased and remorseful for what she did? Is she angry because Bill rejected her? Is she in love with Bill? When she told Rick, "I've done something far, far worse than you ever did." Good grief. It's not like she kidnapped him at gunpoint or slipped him a ruffie or something to have her way with him.

Still, when Steffy beckoned him over to the sofa to look at the camera photos, he could have said, "No. I need to go home. I'm getting married tomorrow."

Maybe the "newly reformed" Rick and Steffy should try again. I wanted to barf listening to Rick ramble on and on about her.

I'm really liking the Nick/Sandy scenes. I think spumors feel that those two will end up together and Bridget will get dumped (again.) I am far from a good housekeeper, but I live alone and am not pregnant with another couple's baby. I wonder what Nick thought today when he saw Sandy's house. Does she live in a trailer? I'll bet he was appalled and he and Bridget will eventually invite Sandy to move in with them. Here we go again with a rehash of Sheila/Maggie/James.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2009 @ 11:01 PM

I really wanted to slap Brooke today was she was lecturing Bill about how he'd be working "closely with Steffy," "flirting," etc. EXCUSE ME!!! Isn't that exactly what she did to Ridge when he was married to Taylor?

Yep.

Between that and stealing both of her SILs away from her daughter, I can't take her self-righteous attitude seriously. She gets pregnant by her daughter's husband and sleeps her way through an entire family but that's fine, but Bill receiving two very one-sided kisses from an idiot little girl is something worthy of destroying a marriage over. Uh, okay then.

When she told Rick, "I've done something far, far worse than you ever did." Good grief.

Seriously. Perspective much? It's ONE KISS. And as much of a twit as Steffy's become, I still say she'd have every right to hold it over Rick about using her in his ploy to stab Ridge in the back and saying the crass things he did.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2009 @ 5:47 AM

I loved how Bill turned the tables on Brooke today. I so wanted for him to tell Katie IN FRONT OF both Ridge and Brooke. (I know that would have been totally inappropriate and as we've seen, Bill wouldn't do that.)

Nick has no business snooping through Sandy's/Agnes' mail. But, if it is going to force her to spill the goods, bring it on!

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2009 @ 10:01 AM

Nick has no business snooping through Sandy's/Agnes' mail. But, if it is going to force her to spill the goods, bring it on!

I think he just looked down and saw the mail on the table. But he was really out-of-line opening her cupboards. The whole thing about her eating junk food when she said she was a health nut was way too silly and over-the-top, from the beginning when they always showed her scarfing on the same bag of chips, right through Nick yelling in a rage: "What!? You've got potato chips and candy bars in here?!" It's certainly not the ideal diet, but it's not going to kill Nick's precious fetus, either.

How did Whip and Nick find her, anyway?

So, basically, Ridge and Katie said the exact same thing as Bill, but it took two more people to say the exact same thing before it finally dawned on Brooke that her idea to tell Katie about Steffy was dumb. And now Brooke's ranting at Steffy (which I sort of loved, in all of her squinty, hissing splendor), so the cat's out of the bag anyway.

SweePea59

SweePea59

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2009 @ 10:50 AM

The whole thing about her eating junk food when she said she was a health nut was way too silly and over-the-top, from the beginning when they always showed her scarfing on the same bag of chips, right through Nick yelling in a rage: "What!? You've got potato chips and candy bars in here?!" It's certainly not the ideal diet, but it's not going to kill Nick's precious fetus, either.

You would've thought he found a crack pipe.
It's salt and sugar and fats, Nick, calm the fuck down.
Go to that bar you like and tie one on, that's really good for your sperm I hear. Oh yeah, have another cigar while you're at it.

Edited by SweePea59, Dec 5, 2009 @ 11:05 AM.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2009 @ 3:49 PM

And now Brooke's ranting at Steffy

I didn't know who to cheer for. On one hand, Steffy has been an ungrateful little bitch towards Brooke after she stood up for her "epic" love affair with Rick. OTOH, Brooke has fucked over so many people in the name of love that she's the last person to cast stones at anyone.

It's like choosing between rubbing salt in an open wound over squeezing lemon juice.

The Sandy SL is the only one I'm excited to find about, which is one more SL than I've been excited about all year.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2009 @ 7:50 PM

I tuned out too soon on yesterday's show and missed a quite a bit. I now see that Nick settled down on his tirade against Sandy. I'm still dying to know what her story is!!!

I also missed Brooke going off on Steffy. Brooke, why don't you just STFU and MYOB? Yeah, and like shira pointed out, it took three people to TWICE explain to Brooke how telling Katie about a whole bunch of nothing, could lead to major problems. The next domino to fall will be that Steffy will confront Bill about telling Brooke, then the whole mess will spiral downward from there.

And Brooke is a fine one to talk... Really...like she is the model of decorum and a "moral compass."

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 12:10 AM

I just remembered...The address on the mail for Agnes was worth a good laugh: "Hard Scrabble Road." Apparently, she and Li'l Orphan Annie live on the same block?

Aymery

Aymery

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 10:25 AM

And Brooke is a fine one to talk... Really...like she is the model of decorum and a "moral compass."

This is what sets Brooke and Taylor apart for me. IMO, they both do shameful or downright terrible things, but at least Brooke has never pretended to be, or had other people proclaim her as, the moral compass of the show. Taylor fans were up in arms when Ridge delivered his smackdown to Taylor when she revealed the Big Bear Boink after keeping it secret for 15+ years (in B&B time). Most of them concentrated on how Ridge was one to talk, which is certainly true, but that doesn't invalidate his argument. While it may be hypocritical, that doesn't take away from the fact that every word he said about Taylor was true.

A couple of pages back we were having a discussion on the trashing of certain characters to prop another character or pairing. I professed not to believe in this concept. Perhaps "believe" was not the right word. I don't subscribe to it. It is, in my opinion, a "slippery slope" argument. Once you start the ball rolling there is no stopping it. We've heard at length about how many characters are trashed to cement Bridge's true love. Using this definition one could argue many character assassinations (sometimes literally) have been to prop, or provide drama for, characters who don't deserve it. E.g. The killing of Darla, who might not have been a legacy character but she'd been a part of the canvas for 10 years before Phoebe was even born. Why kill her but to manufacture drama for Taylor (and to an extent Thorne)? Certainly not to create drama for Brooke or Ridge! (The best part of that story was how Taylor's despicable behavior in the aftermath of that death has been completely swept aside ... people show more hate towards Rick for his relatively blameless part in Phoebe's death a year later than they did immediately after it came out that Taylor, driving drunk and on a suspended license, had mowed down her ex-sister-in-law, and proceeded to cover up the crime while trying to get close to Darla's widower and daughter to the point of marriage. Pussy-whipped Thorne stood on the stand and testified on Taylor's behalf. Then 4-year-old Ally was "trashed" because she was being intolerant of poor, dear Taylor. (N.B. The level of hate that unfortunate, motherless kid receives from Taylor fans is amazing.)

I could go on and on about trashing/propping cycles but I'll just be brief. Stephanie is "vilified" as a prop for Eric/Brooke and later Eric/Donna, Taylor and Stephanie support a statutory rapist and out-and-out golddigger (Amber), Rick is pushed towards becoming a statutory rapist himself to prop Thomas as the good boy, Brooke and Nick are trashed as the evil ones trying to take Taylor's child away from her, Katie is trashed to generate drama for Nicket, the Forresters and Logans are turned into complete idiots at running a business to prop Stephanie, Nick and Jackie likewise accept their old foe, etc etc. Where exactly does one draw the line and choose to accept the supposedly OOC behavior as indeed being a part of the character to begin with? It's a difficult question to answer and the answer would probably vary from viewer to viewer (or perhaps more accurately, from fanbase to fanbase). A lot of OOC behavior can actually be explained away by past indicators (e.g. Rick's attitude towards Ridge, Taylor's general sneakiness), as opposed to retcons (e.g. Stephanie's abusive father).

I don't know how many of you, if any, will agree with me, but that in a nutshell is why I choose not to subscribe to the trashing/propping theory.

Edited by Aymery, Dec 6, 2009 @ 11:03 AM.

SweePea59

SweePea59

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 11:15 AM

Taylor, driving drunk and on a suspended license, mowed down her ex-sister-in-law, and proceeded to cover up the crime while trying to get close to Darla's widower and daughter to the point of marriage.

I wouldn't say that Taylor mowed Darla down. Darla fell backwards into the street, into traffic, all by herself and Taylor was too close not to hit her. Taylor was wrong to be driving, even thought most mothers would run out to help their daughter no matter what, most mothers don't have the financial resources that Taylor has. Taylor had the options to call car service or a cab or AAA or probably even the police at the very least to pick up Phoebe, or she could have called a friend or family member to drive her out there. Her biggest crime there is stupidity. And while alcohol impairs judgment, she didn't seem like she was too drunk to have the good sense to call someone. It was her own natural stupidity, not the booze that made that decision. And I don't think the booze made any difference in her hitting Darla, any car on the road at that point in time would have hit her, from the way I saw it.

The whole cover-up and involvement with Thorne - that was wrong in so many ways, but that's another issue. She deserves all the blame there. I have to wonder if she actually helps any of her patients. Is she still practicing? Did she stop when she went into the fashion business with Stephanie? Does she still have an office?

lasu

lasu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 12:04 PM

Aymery, I do agree with what you are saying. I guess what frustrates me, and I see this in both Brooke and Taylor fans, is that if you like a charachter, that character's shortcomings are the fault of the writers done to make another character (usually one you don't like) look good. If you don't like a character, that character's shortcomings are because that character is a bad person. Just one example, Stephanie faked a heart attack. If you love Stephanie, she did this because the writers trashed Stephanie to prop up and create drama for Brooke and Ridge. If you hate Stephanie it's because she's a terrible person.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 4:53 PM

Isn't that just kind of the ebb and flow of soap operas? The characters all have good sides and bad sides that bring some complexity to the characters. However, I don't like it when the writers pull a complete 180 and suddenly turn a semi-likeable character into somebody despicable, like they did to Rick. Now, he's gone the other direction and is this humble, "changed," Habitat for Humanity volunteer, etc. It's hard to see past when he was such a dick to Ridge and Steffy and it makes you not want to trust him.

Same thing when Nick went Insane after finally marrying Brooke. Actually, I could sort of see the poor guy's side of the equation. I know that Ridge and Brooke work closely together, but c'mon, it was like neither one of them bothered to set any type of boundaries with respect to Brooke's marriage. If I were Nick, I probably would have gotten fed-up, too, maybe not acting out quite to that extent, but I'd like my disapproval be known loud and clear.

Until Taylor came back from the dead the second time, I thought her character was completely boring. Then, when her halo started slipping, like her dalliance with Hector, she became more human -- and interesting -- at least in my eyes. I found the whole SL with Darla distrubing. Didn't Taylor have like only a part of a glass of wine before she got the call from Phoebe. That still does not excuse her, since the was already on a suspended license for other alcohol-related offenses. But, I agree with the poster who stated that any other car would have hit Darla. I didn't like the way that Taylor played both Thorne and Ally, while keeping that horrible secret. I think that she got what she deserved when he dumped her. Ditto for when Ridge dumped her after she confessed about the BBB.

I can't believe that people on fan boards would post cruel things about a child's character. Until recently, I was on a fan board, mostly for the spoilers, but I've since found a "neutral site" for those. I finally opted out because I was appalled by the way the people wrote about Taylor and Nick -- they called them terrible names and somehow tied anything at all that happened to Ridge or Brooke -- back to Taylor and Nick. Even if the SLs had nothing to do with those two at all. I mean that I think it's OK to have a preference for and to root for certain characters. That's what makes watching the show fun.

What really disturbed me was that the lines became blurred between the character and its portrayer. Now we all know that Hunter Tylo, whether you like her or not, has lived a pretty "interesting" life and she manages to keep her name in the public eye, and usually under unfortunately circumstances, like the death of her son. Posters were just relentlessly cruel about her and also Jack Wagner. I've never read anything questionable about JW. All that I know about him is that we're the same age and he's from Missouri. I know that he's an avid golfer and I think I read an article once during Heather Locklear's troubles that he was being loving and supportive to her.

Well, I have kind of veered off-topic, but I think that character trashing is questionable, whether the writers do it, or the fans. I believe that has been going on all along with the program, but I think that when Bell Sr., was writing, it was in a much more subtle and believable fashion. The was it is now is that it's like suddenly overnight, some unseen evil or benevolent force takes over a character's mind and body, thus transforming them.

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

...one could argue many character assassinations (sometimes literally) have been to prop, or provide drama for, characters who don't deserve it. E.g. The killing of Darla

I thought the killing of Darla was more to do with Jack Wagner's salary than any on-screen drama.

I see your point, but like grisgris pointed out, it has more to do with the believability of the situation about whether it comes across as propping. Rick, for example, has never been a huge fan of Ridge's even before the current recast, but the level of revisionist personality with him plus his lowlife schemes to break him and Brooke apart *could* look like a ploy to prop Bridge when you've seen Rick in the past being a fairly decent guy and was more or less mentally balanced (aside from blanking out his shooting of Grant Chambers).

And wow, people were bashing Alli because she didn't want the woman who killed her mother marrying her father? Wow. I'm glad this is the only place I discuss soaps. Some of the things I hear about other forums just make me want to hit my head against the nearest wall.

lilbitsf

lilbitsf

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2009 @ 6:16 AM

So I just caught up on some of the past week's episodes......Note to the writers: I do NOT EVER AGAIN need any references to Ridge's morning wood. For reals. I however LOVED the cheesy acting-Brooke staring vacantly into space contemplating the horrible truth of Steffy's lame-ass seduction attempt #2 on $Bill. Jesus Christo!!!

What in the hell was she wearing??? I own some fancy lingerie and all but that looked like a corset/boob-chastity belt.....eeek. Let's not even discuss the usual soap "full cake make-up" morning look.......

KatVamp

KatVamp

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2009 @ 1:58 PM

I really wanted to slap Brooke today was she was lecturing Bill about how he'd be working "closely with Steffy," "flirting," etc. EXCUSE ME!!! Isn't that exactly what she did to Ridge when he was married to Taylor?

Between that and stealing both of her SILs away from her daughter, I can't take her self-righteous attitude seriously. She gets pregnant by her daughter's husband and sleeps her way through an entire family but that's fine, but Bill receiving two very one-sided kisses from an idiot little girl is something worthy of destroying a marriage over. Uh, okay then.

This is why Brooke, and most of the rest of these people have no business giving advice, or judging other people. Their own behavior is despicable, and thatís putting it nicely.

Aymery, I do agree with what you are saying. I guess what frustrates me, and I see this in both Brooke and Taylor fans, is that if you like a charachter, that character's shortcomings are the fault of the writers done to make another character (usually one you don't like) look good. If you don't like a character, that character's shortcomings are because that character is a bad person. Just one example, Stephanie faked a heart attack. If you love Stephanie, she did this because the writers trashed Stephanie to prop up and create drama for Brooke and Ridge. If you hate Stephanie it's because she's a terrible person.

Except some of the behavior patterns were already established for characters before Brad Bell started trashing all of them, and Bill Bell Sr. had balance in his writing, and could actually write good stories.

Stephanie has always been shown as being willing to go to incredible lengths to get what she wants.

Brooke has always been shown as being willing to chase after a man no matter who he was married to.

Eric has always complained about Stephanie, cheated on her, and then reconciled with her only to start the whole process over again.

Ridge has always been whiney, selfish, itís all about me Ridge.

Taylor and Caroline had their faults, but they did have some positive traits as did Bridget, whereas now Bridget is a doormat, and I donít think the writers have any idea what to do with Taylor.

And what the writers have done to Rick, Thomas, Steffy and Phoebe is just stupid.

Hope and Steffy are gonna be rivals.

To see who can get Bill to cheat on Katie first, or will it be to see which one of them get to be the next family member of Bridgetís that stabs her in the back?

Edited by KatVamp, Dec 7, 2009 @ 4:00 PM.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2009 @ 10:16 PM

I thought today's show was pretty exciting. I wonder why type of hell Katie is going to make Steffy pay for coming on to Bill? I hope that she just doesn't give her a stern talking-to and drop it. I could just tell from that smirk on Steffy's face when she and Brooke were hugging, that this isn't over -- at least on her end.

At least Brooke owned up that she, too, has made similar mistakes. I still wish that she'd tell Ridge. Now that Katie knows, there are no holds barred. I want the whole place to go to hell in a handbasket!

Anybody else sensing an attempted pairing of Taylor and Whip? Even just in their casual exchange, I detected zero chemistry. The only chemistry that HT seemed to have with any actor was Rick. She was OK with Nick, but not that sizzling hot. Who else is left for Taylor to date?

The Agnes/Sandy story is unraveling slowly. Just the way I like it! I think that I see where this is headed. Nick will agree to keep Sandy's secret from Bridget, which will preclude Sandy reaching out to Bridget in an attempt to heal whatever has wounded her. Instead, Nick will keep chipping away at her and soon, those two will begin some kind of emotional affair.

neciamorris

neciamorris

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2009 @ 11:37 PM

I thought today's show was pretty exciting.

Not just that. I was satisfying. I love Katie and Bill's relationship, but even I was getting sick of hearing about poor unloved Katie. I loved, loved, LOVED that she accepted what Bill told her, but still chided him for being STUPID enough to go up to the cabin. That was great.

KatVamp

KatVamp

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 9:25 AM

I could just tell from that smirk on Steffy's face when she and Brooke were hugging, that this isn't over -- at least on her end.

I wish that smirk meant Steffy was plotting and scheming Ė something. Instead I think it will just be more of Steffy acting like an idiot.

annsterg

annsterg

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 10:05 AM

Anybody else sensing an attempted pairing of Taylor and Whip? Even just in their casual exchange, I detected zero chemistry. The only chemistry that HT seemed to have with any actor was Rick. She was OK with Nick, but not that sizzling hot. Who else is left for Taylor to date?

Oh, I think there's NO doubt they are testing Taylor/Whip...although it's beyond me why she'd EVER even consider getting involved AGAIN with someone who was once hung up on Brooke. And since TIIC seem to forget Clarke even exists unless they need to abuse him, there really IS no one else right now for Taylor. I kind of thought at one time that Taylor/Clarke might be a lot of fun, since a) he's never been involved with Brooke and has been shown as actively disliking her since Thorned dumped Macy for Brooke, and b) I think both HTy and DM are much better at the lighter, more snarky stuff than heavy dramatics, and they could have been very amusing together.

I am no Taylor fan but I liked her with Nick...of course, that story was hideously botched, IMO. They went from commiserating drinking buddies bonding over their wounds from Brooke/Ridge to married and trying for kids, practically at the speed of light...and then the whole thing was over, boom, just like that -- from beginning to end, the story took less than a year of real time! That pairing could still be going strong...I could imagine how much better the "Phoebe's dead!" story could have been if BOTH Nick and Brooke were disconcerted by Ridge and Taylor's bonding in grief.

I would have preferred a much slower build, with all the bells and whistles -- and if TIIC just HAD to do the egg-switch story, it would have been so much better if Nick had NOT suddenly decided he was still in love with Brooke. I would have liked the Brooke conflict (because you know they never would have NOT had Brooke cause conflict) to be solely about Jack, or about Taylor AND NICK's insecurities and working through them. There was plenty of story there but as usual, the potential was wasted. And for what? Nick/Bridget AGAIN (hate that pairing)? The Nick/Katie thing was revolting and made me hate both of them.

Taylor (or HTy?) in general seems to have trouble generating much chemistry with any of her leading men; don't know if it's the writing or the actress or a combination of both...and it's like TIIC at some point decide "hmm this ain't working!" and they just END a Taylor relationship abruptly.

I hated her with Thorne -- the actors looked SO awkward together and it was just a doomed mess because of Taylor's involvement in Darla's death. But I kind of liked her with Hector, and I liked that he was totally into and devoted to her... She did have some heat with Rick, but I could never get past the squickiness of her having once been a parental figure for him. Long ago, I kind of liked her with Eric too, but IMO, JMc is a chemistry generator with almost anyone -- I really think he is one of the unsung heroes of this show in that TIIC put Eric into horrible and horribly written situations and he makes me believe and root for Eric...most of the time.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 10:44 AM

I thought today's show was pretty exciting.

Yes, it was the best show in a long time! I really love Bill & Katie together--they're both smart and act logically (Big Bear visit aside), which seems to be a rarity on this show. And the actress who plays Sandy/Agnes (is it Sarah Brown? They still don't have her in the opening credits, of course) is off-the-charts talented. It's such a refreshing change from the horrible hack acting of JMW, Ronn Moss and Texas Battle. She was great asking Nick to keep the secret because Bridget's her only friend right now and she doesn't want to disappoint her. If they could clear out the dead weight on this show, they could really have something good. They have some very good actors now (Don D., Heather T., Rick Hearst, Agnes, Susan Flannery, even Jack Wagner was very good yesterday), but a few are so AWFUL, they really drag down the house. I have hope for this show, though, because in the last year, they made some GREAT new casting decisions.

Is Sandy/Agnes carrying Nick's baby now? Because Nick only said it about ELEVEN TIMES in the space of ten minutes, so I'm not sure. Nick is, without a doubt, the fetus-father from hell. I can understand that a father would be concerned about the baby, but he really oversteps the limits of how much he can pressure the surrogate mother. It's really a business transaction and as long as she's keeping her end of the business deal, it's not within his rights to pressure her that she must reveal everything about her past. If anything, he and Bridget should have done a better job grilling her and doing a background check before they signed the contract with her. Now it's their own stupid fault. And stressing out the mother by badgering her can't be healthy for the fetus.

Anybody else sensing an attempted pairing of Taylor and Whip?

Absolutely. And a show description for later in the week says Taylor tries another internet hook-up, so no doubt it's Whip, as she's been through the rest of the men. I wish she'd hook up again with Rick (despite their weird history) because that's the only man who manages to generate any heat with her as far as I'm concerned. Ridge, Nick and Whip = ZERO.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 12:39 PM

I'm wondering how long before they chuck DTB from the credits again, this time to fit in Sarah Brown...

Anybody else sensing an attempted pairing of Taylor and Whip?

I love Taylor, and I'm cool with Whip...but I can't see this working out. Then again, I'm still kind of bitter over how Trick imploded (and since annsterg mentioned him I'm even more bitter over poor discarded Hector).

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 1:03 PM

I can't see Taylor/Clarke. He spent a lot of time irrationally blaming HER for Macy's death and helping Morgan to break up her and Ridge, though to his credit, he quit and even tried to warn Taylor when he realized what a psycho Morgan was.

KatVamp

KatVamp

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 3:19 PM

Katie fired Steffy? Canít any of these people separate their personal life from their business life?

Rick Hearst and Hunter Tylo are pretty together, but I bet this will be the same old same old from Bell. They have two dates, declare their undying love, and then immediately fall out of love and in love with someone else, in the space of a week, two weeks tops.

Stephanie still wanting Taylor and Ridge together? {face palm} Let it go already. If only I could believe Taylorís never again when it comes to Ridge. Havenít both Taylor and Brooke declared this before numerous times, only to wind up still being in love with Ridge?

annsterg

annsterg

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 6:06 PM

Stephanie still wanting Taylor and Ridge together? {face palm} Let it go already. If only I could believe Taylorís never again when it comes to Ridge. Havenít both Taylor and Brooke declared this before numerous times, only to wind up still being in love with Ridge?

Stephanie will NEVER let it go.

And you are right not to believe it -- You KNOW Taylor would JUMP if Ridge said he wanted her back.

Brooke actually did resist Ridge for a while there when he wanted her back and she was with Nick but eventually Ridge (and Nick's utter douchiness) worked his magic <gag> and she was back on the Ridge Bandwagon. Ugh.

Interesting that for all his rampant assholery though, Ridge has a pretty low number of notches on his belt/bedposts. In the entire history of the show, he's only had 4 major relationships: Caroline, Brooke, Taylor, Ashley...and Ashley barely registered, even though they were engaged. And I think he's only slept with 2 others, who didn't really "count" or were a means to an end: the chick Bill Spencer Sr got the pix with before the aborted Caroline wedding (and that actually happened before the show even started) and Morgan (permission via fake Taylor email).

Aymery

Aymery

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

I noticed that about Ridge some time ago, annsterg. Brooke, Taylor and Eric all have him beat in the number of sexual partners category. Even Nick, Rick and Bridget have him beat when it comes to number of sexual partners over time.

As a Brooke fan who hates Ridge and the Bridge pairing, I was so disappointed when she took him back that time. Forget about theorizing the destruction of other characters to prop a pairing; one could argue Brooke herself as a character has been destroyed to prop the Bridge pairing. WHY would anyone decide to take her rapist back? Or that he might be the right person to help her "heal" from another, traumatic rape? Luke & Laura these two ain't (and that pairing was sick too, IMO).

The show still isn't sustaining my interest. How are the ratings doing? CBS just lost a second soap this year; as much as this show can drive me up the wall I don't want to lose it. I know a lot of people say the sinking ratings are to do with Bridge but Bridge isn't being heavily featured at the moment; unfortunately the couples that are being heavily featured appear to be those no one has an interest in. (At least there is a strong Bridge fanbase.) Now personally I don't care about Bridge and I'd rather Brooke have a plot that doesn't revolve around Ridge and who gets to play musical beds with him. Why aren't she and Eric involved in their daughter's surrogate pregnancy? Why can't she have a storyline with SORASed Hope instead of Steffy and bringing Ridge into it? I'd like to see Brooke more involved in her children's lives, like she was in the early 2000s.

As much as I hate Stephanie she is one of the more interesting characters. No retconned "heart and soul of FC" crap; she can have other storylines like, I don't know, HER STROKE REHABILITATION! What the hell happened to that?

Jackie's marriage to Owen is a joke. If they need to have him half-naked all the time, just have him be a model for Jackie M's underwear line or something; no need to marry him to Jackie. Whip needs a love interest and NOT Taylor. For the love of God, is that woman five times a fool? Not to mention: no chemistry and RH makes HTylo look worse than ever (looks- and acting-wise).

Bring back more legacy characters, casted with good actors, and chop the dead wood: Steffy, Marcus and Thomas can all head off into the sunset. (Personal anecdote: I started a new class today and a guy in it could give ol' Mushmouth a run for his money.) Because it can't be said enough, bring back Eric III SORASed to his late teens to help rehabilitate Rick. I guess they aren't giving Bill a son after all; too bad because we needed to widen the male gene pool for the younger set. What about Harry returning with the reveal that he is Nick's son after all? Crap Wagner now looks more than old enough to have fathered him. While we're at it, bring back Deacon. He can stir the pot with Hope and Eric III. Massimo can come back for Steph and Jackie. Put Pam with Clarke for laughs. Send off Donna with Marcus after her marriage to Eric goes bust and she shacks up with Justin in San Francisco to "unite the family for their baby's sake".

Let Sandy successfully give birth to the Nicket kid (a daughter) instead of another miscarriage drama for poor Bridget, and let them have Harry and Jack by their side. The Jones cousins can hook up with the Forrester siblings (Thorne and Felicia). Let Whip have some involvement in Hope's life. SORAS Dino can woo Hope (he's no relation, right?) in a triangle with Harry. Ally can hook up with Eric III much to Thorne's disapproval. Whew, I think we've got everyone covered right?

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 12:13 AM

SOD named the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle as "Worst Triangle", citing nearly evrything we've psted here.

SweePea59

SweePea59

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 5:40 AM

I noticed that about Ridge some time ago, annsterg. Brooke, Taylor and Eric all have him beat in the number of sexual partners category. Even Nick, Rick and Bridget have him beat when it comes to number of sexual partners over time.

And Stephanie's conquests are:
Eric
Clarke
James
Massimo

Am I forgetting anyone?

What about Harry returning with the reveal that he is Nick's son after all?

He was cute. And I was looking forward to that reveal. I'd love to see some story with him and Steffy and some controversy.

While we're at it, bring back Deacon. He can stir the pot with Hope and Eric III.

Both Deacon and Amber need to get their asses back to LA. I would enjoy seeing them mess with this Rick.

KatVamp

KatVamp

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 9:31 AM

SOD named the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle as "Worst Triangle", citing nearly evrything we've psted here.

The writers just don't know when to move on, and I blame them more than the characters or the actors for the falling ratings.

Both Taylor and Brooke have had pairings that Iíve liked better than Ridge, but itís pointless to put them with new guys because they always go back to Ridge (rolls eyes), and the new guy winds up trashed in order to try and make Ridge look good, even though to me, there is nothing that will ever make Ridge look good.

I think all companies can rightfully fire somebody who is making sexual advances at an unwilling co-worker.

Katie and Bill are supposed to be the smart business people who arenít going to run FC the way Eric, Ridge and Brooke did. Katie should document Steffyís inappropriate behavior, and then fire her. Besides I think Brookeís sister firing Ridgeís daughter will lead to another lame boring Bridge break up story. Yawn.

I want Katie and Bill in their own story not saddled with idiot Bridge drama. Double Yawn.

The only thing I would find remotely interesting if Ridge and Brooke break up again is if Ridge showed up on Taylorís doorstep to complain about Brooke, and Taylor told him she didnít have time to listen to him whine and slammed the door in his face, then went back to having dinner with Whip. Brooke showed up the next morning looking for Ridge, and Taylor tells Brooke Ridge isnít there, and slams the door in Brookeís face.

Edited by KatVamp, Dec 9, 2009 @ 11:22 AM.