As the World Turns: An Era Comes to an End

• Please log in to reply

39219 replies to this topic

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

Every time I hear "Paul Ryan" in the news, I think of Oakdale's Paul Ryan.

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

I do too. Paul Ryan was one of my favorite characters, especially when played by RH. He's an amazing actor.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

10 episodes now on DVD, surrounding Bob and Kim marrying. All from 1985, one after the other.

Free episode, set at the wedding reception.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

Jesse Soffer is going to be in a new series called The Mob Doctor. He plays a character with gambling debts whose sister saves him by agreeing to become The Mob Doctor. It sounds like a terrible show, but it will be nice to see him again. I don't know if he's going to be in any episodes beyond the first.

murrrrr

murrrrr

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

The guy who played Casey (Billy Magnusen?) was on Boardwalk Empire last night, complete with nude scene!

Edited by murrrrr, Oct 22, 2012 @ 9:44 PM.

lynn51

lynn51

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

A new book of the final years of As the World Turns

annsterg

annsterg

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

Today's Washington Post has an obituary for Clifford Goodwin, who died October 8.

What caught my eye was the reference to him having a "major role" on ATWT (and some other soaps)...and his picture looks SO familiar...but I cannot find (via quick Google search) or remember what character he played. He looks like the type who would play a doctor or lawyer type.

So ATWT historians: who did he play?

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Not sure, but he looks kinda like a young Grant Colman.

IrisHolcombe

IrisHolcombe

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

I haven't found his ATWT role yet, but there is a lot more info on him as "Cliff Goodwin".

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

He was not in my As The World Turns book.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:02 AM

If anyone has wanted to order any of the ATWT DVDs but hasn't had the chance yet, you might want to do so very soon. P&G has ended their deal with Soap Classics, they aren't producing any new DVDs, and are just selling the stock of what they have left.

gertrudeglass

gertrudeglass

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:00 AM

Billy Magnussen was nominated for a Tony for his featured role in "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike". There is an interview with him here: http://www.theaterma...agnu_64573.html He says nice things about his time on ATWT. :)

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:11 AM

I remember when he first took over the role of Casey from Zach Roerig and I thought he was horrible. Which is ironic becasue I never really liked Rowrig becasue he mumbled and I couldn't understand him. Anyway, I think the reason I didn't like Billy at first because he looked bad. The makeup & hair were awful. Also, he was a little heavy. Once he got all of that cleared up he was great. I liked the storyline where he was doing Emily and having sex on the desk. The dude was built like a brick house. Congrats to him on the Tony nod. That's quite an accomplishment.

Edited by ByaNose, May 24, 2013 @ 10:08 PM.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

It seemed like they wanted Billy M to have hair like Zach Roerig's.  I thought Magnussen just looked wrong with the longer hair that they tried to give him in the beginning.  When he went to the shorter hair, I thought he looked better.  I liked him from the time of that Valentines Day wedding weirdness all the way through the end of the show.   

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

Yeah, long hair was all the rage for the young people of Oakdale for the last three years of the show (Jesse Soffer excluded).

I like the storyline when he was doing Emily and having sex on the desk.

!!!

When did this happen? The last I remembered around 09 to early 2010 was Emily and Paul finding their way back to each other.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

Anna Yolei, IIRC, Casey started working as Emily's personal assistant (this was in 2008), and their relationship developed from there. I remember really liking them. The actors had a ton of chemistry, and the writers initially developed a nice friend vibe before they embarked on their affair.

Also, the day Margo found them together was a lot of good old fashioned soap fun!

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 6:19 PM

Does anybody remember Nate Bradley?  I know he was one of the victims of the Oakdale Slasher.  He was played by Robert Gorrie, who's now Matthew Buchanan on OLTL, but I don't remember the character.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 4:40 PM

He was played by Robert Gorrie, who's now Matthew Buchanan on OLTL, but I don't remember the character.

I don't remember him either, but there are clips of his time on the show on YT.  He looks about the same age. 

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 3:02 PM

I think his character was around just long enough to be killed off by Eve.

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

There's an in-depth profile of actress Gaby Hoffman in the Times that reveals her father was actually Anthony Herrera (James)!  The lead photo is actually a family portrait with Herrera on the TV in character.  

Apparently, they weren't close and she wasn't comfortable with him.  Sad.  I always got the impression he was a nice guy and well-liked outside of his devious character.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2013 @ 12:56 AM

Jake Weary, aka the Luke Synder before Van Hansis defined the role aka Kim Zimmer's son, appeared in a little scene-stealing role as a Las Vegas drug-addicted rent boy in the Lifetime film Escape from Polygamy. For some reason I just find him really attractive in a sleazy kind of way. Kim Zimmer's face works so much better on a guy.

Edited by MethodActor05, Aug 27, 2013 @ 12:59 AM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2013 @ 2:56 PM

Billy Magnussen (ex-Casey) was nominated for a Tony Award for his role in the play "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike".  I was thinking that he would be a good choice to replace Chandler Massey as Will on DOOL, but with a Tony nomination under his belt, he might be looking for other things.

ByTor

ByTor

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2013 @ 9:33 AM

Billy Magnussen wasn't my favorite on ATWT, but I was disappointed he didn't win that Tony.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

Jesse Soffer, now billed as Jesse Lee Soffer, is now in Chicago Fire, and will be in Chicago PD when that series starts up. 

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 7:37 PM

Aww great for Jesse (btw, he actually used to go by Jesse Lee Soffer when he first started on GL and later ATWT and then dropped the Lee). I always loved him and thought he got horribly sidelined for Jennifer Landon and all her Emmy wins. 

Edited by dancingonmyown, Oct 18, 2013 @ 7:37 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

Attn #ATWT and #GH fans: @MauraWest's son Joe will be on NBC Sound of Music w Michael Park @park24hrs 

Aww, that's cute.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2013 @ 1:31 AM

I've been watching some old ATWT on We Love Soaps. It's around 1978 or so. I must have started around 1979 since there is a different Tom. Some actor Tom Tammi. He isn't bad & I didn't know he existed. I only knew Justin Deas and on. Anyway, Lisa is dating some guy named Bentley and she's living in some old in called The Willows. There is a crazy made named Hester. It's great stuff and the quality of the tapes are great. Also, there is another Betsy. this is before Meg Ryan. Who knew? LOL! I don't know her name but she has brown hair and isn't bad either. The good ole days!

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 23, 2013 @ 1:22 AM

The surviving stars from the 1963 episode pre-empted for JFK's assassination recall the experience

Fascinating, but the bit that killed me was Rosemary Prinz (Penny Hughes) on Irna Phillips: "She was the meanest bitch on the planet, and you can quote me."

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2013 @ 4:29 PM

Is seems that Prinz had problems with Irna Phillips & hated her. Whereas Don Hastings & Eileen Fulton seemed not to get as bothered by her. From everything I have read, Phillips was a pain in the butt but obviously very talented. I have seen the whole,show online and it's interesting to see young Hastings & Henderson Forsythe were smoking up a storm in their resturant scenes. It's crazy they had no idea what had happened in Dallas. As the world turns, indeed!

jazz

jazz

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 11:02 PM

Attn #ATWT and #GH fans: @MauraWest's son Joe will be on NBC Sound of Music w Michael Park @park24hrs 

I knew I saw Michael Park in the party scene. The man is still as Fine as he wants to be. :)