Toned Up

• Please log in to reply

60 replies to this topic

LADreamr

LADreamr

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 12:49 PM

Hating Brian.  What a selfish twit.  There was no reason for him to show up and disrupt what looks like an intensive work time, and then demand attention for himself.  He could have behaved like an adult and waited for them to get home and then said, I was thinking I would really like to be a part of these trips, since I do have a stake in the company, so I want to be included in the future.  That would have been much more reasonable.  This just made him look like an asshole.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:31 PM

Could it have been more awkward when the finance showed up?  Ouch. 

I was wondering why the girls simply don't get rid of Brian and date each other. I hope this is made up behavior for TV. No matter how hot a body she has, it is not worth being treated like a second class citizen in your own rationship.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 2:58 PM

I hate the fiancé, too - he also pings my gaydar.

Mr Basset

Mr Basset

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 4:31 PM

I thought when Kat and Karena mentioned playing the kissing game they were planning on kissing each other. Those two definitely like each other a little more than is usual between two BFFs. Also I can't believe that they seem even messier than me!

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 7:05 PM

How is this doing ratings wise? My Google skills only produced the premiere ratings. I can't imagine it's doing much better, but maybe with Courtney Loves Stinkfest going off the air, it'll do better. I find it refreshing that they're BFFs and aren't turning on each other (although there's two eps left so who knows haha) in a quest for more power/fame/money, like the typical Bravo formula. Plus I did one of their workouts two days ago to see what it is about and am sore as shit. 

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

How is this doing ratings wise?

After airing 4 episodes, Toned Up has avergaed 527,000 viewers.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:47 PM

Those two definitely like each other a little more than is usual between two BFFs.

They certainly give off that vibe, as if they can't even mask it for the cameras.

I'm crushin' on Karena a little - pretty, awesome body, and a little goofy. I do wonder if the show will work as a full hour, though.

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 1:50 PM

I do wonder if the show will work as a full hour, though.

No need to wonder about that.  The full hour is 2 half hours eps: the penultimate ep and season finale.  Smells like Bravo is burning off episodes. Can't bode well for the likelihood of this one ever coming back.

brightman73

brightman73

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 7:34 AM

This show was my first exposure to the girls and I have to say, I love them!  I ordered their nutrition plan and I am VERY impressed.  I'm pretty food saavy and they are very up to date with keeping the body health- not just a "skinny" girl diet eat nothing kind of thing.

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 2:54 PM

It's not looking good for season 2, although Katrina and Karena have been vocal on social media about wanting a season 2. I love the show and find it refreshing. They're each others biggest supporters, not looking to tear each other down for more fame or money. Love it.

Edited by KatieMK, Jan 31, 2014 @ 2:54 PM.

trimthatfat

trimthatfat

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 3:12 PM

I just looked up their nutrition plan and it's pretty expensive (imo). I didn't know they were considered expert enough in the fitness world to justify that price, but there must have been a demand for it from their fans.

Anyways, I think the girls are cute and their bodies are fab! I have a hard time believing Brian and Katrina will ever get married because I think the girls are entirely too close. It seems like he is the third wheel most of the time. If the girls are close enough after spending all day, every day together, that they still have enough to say to text well into the night even though they are only a wall apart...that doesn't bode well for either of them when they get married.

I also think that the girls really need to get an office space outside of the home.

swineinny

swineinny

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 5:14 PM

It's not looking good for season 2, although Katrina and Karena have been vocal on social media about wanting a season 2. I love the show and find it refreshing. They're each others biggest supporters, not looking to tear each other down for more fame or money. 

Nah, another season ain't gonna happen cuz their ratings were even worse than Courtney's & hers really stunk.  They should send Courtney a "fuck you" text/email for sinking their show.  

So I watched a few eps on mute cuz I figured they were way annoying from the commercials I saw & I just wanted to look at the beach scenes & the hot dude, but I didn't wanna be bothered listening to prattling annoying chicks -- like Courtney.

But when I turned the mute off, I quickly saw that I was wrong.  Courtney is an extremely annoying, extremely unattractive, babbling, self-absorbed, nasty, phony loser.  

But these chicks aren't like Courtney AT ALL.  I was surprised.  They're actually very cute & very nice.  I even liked the guy too.  It's not a great show, but it's far from awful either -- like Courtney's was.  I wish the girls luck cuz they do have some charm & could maybe succeed on another venue -- like Youtube or another cable network.

Edited by swineinny, Jan 31, 2014 @ 5:26 PM.

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 5:29 PM

Yeah, Bravo didn't give this show much of a chance when they dealt them Courtney Kerr as a lead-in. That bitch.

brightman73

brightman73

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 8:13 AM

The Season Finale was nice.  I love seeing them in the work element.  I loved they worked through the transition of who was moving out and how. 

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 9:10 AM

I wish we would have seen the wedding!

I thought I had missed something. I kept wondering why it had to be Karena who moved out and why they didn't seem to consider Katrina & Brian moving out. Karena shouldn't move out- she just started dating their neighbor! Ha. How precious were the scenes with Bobby Gold and Karena? They were so "first dates awkward" and totally adorable. I said "aw" out loud a few times.

I loved the photoshoot with Self and that energetic editor. And when they were shooting with Oakley and in the walking scenes it kept looking like they were holding hands, haha. AND THOSE HOUSES Karena was looking at. I'll take them all, please and thank you.

Damn I really love this show. It's so unlike the other Bravo shows in that it's refreshing, real and fun. They're so likable. I feel like they would be my friends hahaha that sounds so cheesy but it's true. I would have wanted to join Katrina's girls night out (was it officially a bachelorette?), compared to all the other Bravo shows I watch, where the only way I would ever want to join any of those gatherings was if you paid me big bucks.

I only watched a few minutes of them bartending on WWHL before I fell asleep but Andy didn't seem to care for them. He asked Kat when her wedding was, which was an odd question and shows how not invested in the show he was, because he would have known she got married in August. My roommate disagreed that Andy should have known, but I just thought it weird. Kat replied with "we'll see on season 2!" and he was all "Well, wow. You're renewing your own show. Hmm." Come on season 2!! Just give them a better lead-in and see if ratings improve. It's the only show I feel good after watching, unlike the Pump Rules skeezeballs, the Shahs brats, and all the messy HWs.

Edited by KatieMK, Feb 7, 2014 @ 9:14 AM.

brightman73

brightman73

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 10:20 AM

I really like the show. I am into exercising, and I am a big fan of making workouts fun and accessible to everyone.

I am into exercising too! I think TIU has set the bar on workout videos...they make the others seem so boring!

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 1:31 PM

Kat replied with "we'll see on season 2!" and he was all "Well, wow. You're renewing your own show. Hmm."

I thought that was a little embarrassing for them the way Andy shadily (IMO) responded. Ratings don't warrant a second season but I came away liking the show.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:37 PM

Count me as another who enjoyed this show and its lightheartedness. Plus, the eyecandy was very, very nice.

The magazine editor was a hoot, especially when she pointed out how Kat was waxing poetic about Karena as if she were a lover. Because, yep.

I wouldn't mind learning more about Karena's childhood and her addiction, and how those factored into her lifestyle regimen.

He asked Kat when her wedding was, which was an odd question and shows how not invested in the show he was, because he would have known she got married in August. 

IIRC, Kat said that a date had yet to be set. Andy also made a comment implying that she shouldn't get married, so I just assumed an August wedding never happened.

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 9:53 PM

This was a win-win for them. Worst case, they got exposure and best case, they got renewed for more exposure.
Unfortunately for them (us, not so much), the latter didn't happen. But I wouldn't be too quick to blame Courtney
Does Dallas; wasn't that lead-in the ratings juggernaut, Millionaire Matchmaker, and it still blew?

I deleted WWHL because I didn't recognize BJ Whoever and the other guest's names, but I can imagine Andy being
snarky about them renewing their own show. His name wasn't anywhere on the credits, so I'm sure that we've seen
the last of it.

swineinny

swineinny

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 4:42 AM

I still think that self-absorbed, nasty, badly-dressed asshole Courtney (with her shitty hair & ancient face) killed this show,  Maybe it might have had a chance -- however slight.  But that awful woman killed whatever chance this show did have cuz nobody wanted to watch Courtney's ugly ass, her hideous clothes or could be bothered listening to her non-stop whining.  Ugh, that woman is horrible.  Katrina & Karena are the exact opposite of her.  It's too bad cuz I think a lot of Bravo viewers would have liked them, but didn't give 'em a chance.

Well, that was nasty of Andy to say, but he's said pretty much the same thing to others who talk about a new season before confirmation of renewal.  He has no power to greenlight another season & if he didn't produce the show he has no motivation to promote it.  I wonder if Bravo forced him to have the girls on.  The bartenders usually don't get to say much, but they were cute, as they usually are.

register

register

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 9:52 AM

I really liked these two (good thing I DVR'd it, because Courtney really did kill my interest in keeping the tv on) and I'm sorry it got such low ratings.  They're very likable and I could use the workout inspiration. Bravo, please renew!!

brightman73

brightman73

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 10:32 AM

I think Katrina put Andy in an awkward position by mentioning a season 2 before they were given the greenlight to share it by bravo.  I thought Andy was aggravated and handled it the best he could have. 

Yes, he would have known she was already married, but in the storyline of the show, viewers would not know so it was probably from that perspective?  I don't know.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 11:19 AM

Of course Andy doesn't like these girls - not enough drama & cat-fighting. They are actually friends, who love and respect each other - a concept that is totally foreign to a misogynist like Andy. Asshole.

swineinny

swineinny

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 3:32 PM

I'm not sure Andy dislikes the girls, but he did seem pretty indifferent to them.  They're not at all the type of women he gravitates to.  He likes famous women like Kelly or Sara Jessica or horribly nasty, ruthlessly ambitious types like Bethenny or manipulative women with a vicious sense of humor like Lisa Vanderpump or Tamra Judge or insane crazy lunatics like Ramona or phony desperate social-climbing fakes like Kyle Richards.  

Karena & Katrina are just nice unpretentious young women & don't provide any nastiness or pointless drama or insanity or screeching hissy fits that Andy craves, so they're not on his radar.

While his remark (in answer to them getting another season) did seem cruel, it may have been that he didn't want misinformation to go out.  Cuz then his show would be credited as the source of this misinformation.  I suspect he was merely being logical -- in addition to being rather flippant & passive aggressively cruel.  Eh, I guess that's who Andy is.

Edited by swineinny, Feb 8, 2014 @ 3:56 PM.

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 6:16 PM

I can never remember with Andy's new position, does he even do programming anymore or is he just WWHL now? He pisses me off more than ever lately. He tries SO hard to be more famous than he is. Anyway...

I watched the full WWHL and if that was anyone's first impression of them, I could see how they would be kind of annoying. The bartender role in WWHL is so weird to me.  Andy asked Karena if she was still dating the neighbor and Karena just giggled and was like "Uh....I don't ....uh....know........am I blushing?" She was, but she just kept giggling, and it was super annoying. Katrina was nodding and grinning, to insinuate yes they were still dating. It was very awkward haha, just say "Yes! We are still dating!"

I totally (and obviously, given my posts in this thread haha) agree, Bravo viewers would really like them they were just never put in a position to succeed. What's also funny is they tweeted or blogged or something about how they filmed for many months (I forget the number). It made me laugh because if they filmed for that long, and of course Bravo had to squeeze out what little drama/disagreement that the filming yielded. We don't always need to see fighting! Bravo (cough cough ANDY) will never understand this.

brightman73

brightman73

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 6:25 AM

Quote:

I watched the full WWHL and if that was anyone's first impression of them, I could see how they would be kind of annoying. The bartender role in WWHL is so weird to me.  Andy asked Karena if she was still dating the neighbor and Karena just giggled and was like "Uh....I don't ....uh....know........am I blushing?" She was, but she just kept giggling, and it was super annoying. Katrina was nodding and grinning, to insinuate yes they were still dating. It was very awkward haha, just say "Yes! We are still dating!"

Being bartenders was a way for them to get some exposure.  However, the girls handled like they were dingbats with no brains and that is far, far from the truth.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 7:02 AM

I think Karena froze because she was on live TV - very different from being taped. It's stressful.

oldandbrown

oldandbrown

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:12 AM

I really enjoyed this show.  I did not feel there was anything sexual about the relationship between the two women.  I did, however, see what appears to be a long, devoted friendship between two women who seem to put their relationship above all else.  They seem to do well in business and outside relationships because they have  such a supportive relationship.  You do not often see this on reality tv. 

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:15 AM

Now that the show is over, season averages have been calculated. Toned Up averaged 531,750 viewers per episode. That's quite far from where Bravo likes the numbers to be so a second season renewal looks far-fetched.

ExplainItAgain

ExplainItAgain

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 7:19 PM

Too bad. I really liked the girls and definitely would have watched season 2.