Blood, Sweat, and Heels

• Please log in to reply

913 replies to this topic

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 12:08 AM

I don't think you need to have been cheated on or worried about being cheated on, to snoop on a partner. Some people just don't feel it's right to invade the partner's privacy like that. Others think that if you have to snoop, the trust is gone and you have bigger problems. 

I think what Demetria was trying to say was, if you have to snoop because you think you're being cheated on, then something's really amiss with your relationship.  I can agree with that, I mean it takes a lot of energy to snoop on someone, energy you can use doing something else.

That was my point. One of the women said that Demetria couldn't relate to snooping because she'd never been cheated on. You can have a stance on snooping regardless of whether you think there is cause. 

izabella

izabella

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 12:18 AM

I think what Demetria was trying to say was, if you have to snoop because you think you're being cheated on, then something's really amiss with your relationship.  I can agree with that, I mean it takes a lot of energy to snoop on someone, energy you can use doing something else.

Using Mica as an example, she may have thought he was her soul mate, but she hadn't ever been to his apartment.  She knew that was a problem and didn't need to snoop to deal with it.  She could have used her energy to communicate her thoughts about it, and ask him why she's never been to his apartment.  Whether he was honest with her, or whether he still refused to tell her the truth and still refused to take her to his apartment, she'd have plenty of info to know what kind of relationship she was in and whether it was the kind she wanted.

Edited by izabella, Jan 8, 2014 @ 12:19 AM.

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:02 AM

Why were they upset that Demetria blogged about what they said at the brunch?  Didn't they notice the Bravo cameras there?

I hope it doesn't devolve into the stupid petty fights about nothing. I personally don't find discussions about whether women can be leaders or whether it is normal for women to snoop to be irrelevant as they are precisely the types of *real* discussions I might have with friends and perhaps I am as insufferable as Demetria because I also loathe women who think other women are *inferior* and incapable of leadership and I can't imagine being in a long term relationship in which I so distrusted my significant other that I felt compelled to snoop - what kind of life is that?

Amen to this.  And I agreed with Demetria.  Snooping just takes too much time and I don't think a person needs a penis in order to be a leader.

Edited by neurochick, Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:04 AM.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:35 AM

I half watched this and for some reason I assumed Mica was a dark Italian. No idea she was mixed. I found Mica incredibly annoying. Her antics reminded me of a white girl's interpretation of how black girl's act and it grated. I don't know if finding out she is biracial makes it any better. Maybe more understandable, but not necessarily better. 

Melyssa Ford's real estate segment made me cringe a little with the panty dropper comment but good to see her trying to forge a career and make that paper. 

"Black night" doesn't necessarily bother me. I think I just appreciate that Bravo recognizes it has black, white, etc., viewers interested in this type of programming and it is trying to expand by catering to them. This may date me, but I remember the birth of tv networks like Fox, UPN, WB and in the beginning they had quite a few black shows, all comedies of course (In Living Color, Living Single, Martin, Wayan Brothers, etc) however, it just seemed like as soon as they found their footing and gained an audience they would drop the black shows and replace them with white teen or adult soap type programs. It was so frustrating. Hell, I feel even NBC did this with the Cosby Show and A Different World. Cosby in particular, turned NBC into a #1 network again but his success only spawned one other black show on the network and after that - it was it. Shows like Friends and Seinfeld spawn dozens of copycats and white other shows but Cosby ..... just the one and done. Appalling. So I come at this from the perceptive that at least Bravo has seen the incredible success of RHOATL and is using it as an anchor Sunday night to get viewers watching other similar offerings. They just better not pull an NBC on my ass. 

I also appreciate that Bravo is giving me a cross section of all kinds of black life and different types of black women (and men) as opposed to Basketball Wives and Love and Hip Hop. Sure Bravo ain't giving me Black Downton Abbey, but it aint' like Vanderpump Rules is high art. The black shows are on par with all their other shows, to me anyway. It would be nice to have an integrated show where no one race felt like a forced token but I see a few baby steps with this concept being made here and there. BH introduced a Hispanic woman and racism has reared its ugly head, which I expect will happen now and again. Also, that singles ATL show, which I can't recall the name of and that other show about summer in Chicago with the mostly white cast with 1 black guy. We'll see. 

Edited by islandgal, Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:40 AM.

Portae

Portae

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

I agree with Demetria about the snooping thing, but I think that she could have shown a bit more compassion in her delivery. At the point where it became clear that the women were essentially talking about their own painful histories, I think that I would have backed off a bit. Of course, the snooping thing directly followed the women-as-leaders idiocy, so I think that she was just wound up by that point.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 1:31 PM

I'm anxious to see this series. Does anyone know how many episodes are set to air for season one? They have the season for $12.99 on iTunes (but the premiere is free, which I plan to watch tonight), but if it's a short, introductory season, then I don't want to spend thirteen bucks for it. Wikipedia tells me that Gallery Girls had eight episodes, so I'm wondering if that'll be the case with this show.

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 1:54 PM

I really like this show. Demetria is my favorite of the bunch (I would kill for her hair). It looks to me as though Mika is going to be the crazy one of the bunch. Is she the one that says Geneva looks like Wesley Snipes in the previews?

I'm anxious to see this series. Does anyone know how many episodes are set to air for season one? They have the season for $12.99 on iTunes (but the premiere is free, which I plan to watch tonight), but if it's a short, introductory season, then I don't want to spend thirteen bucks for it. Wikipedia tells me that Gallery Girls had eight episodes, so I'm wondering if that'll be the case with this show.

It will most likely be 8 episodes like most Bravo shows in their first run ie Shahs, Vanderpump Rules. If it does well in ratings it will get a second season with more than 8 episodes.

celinenano

celinenano

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:07 PM

I agree with Demetria about the snooping thing, but I think that she could have shown a bit more compassion in her delivery. At the point where it became clear that the women were essentially talking about their own painful histories, I think that I would have backed off a bit. Of course, the snooping thing directly followed the women-as-leaders idiocy, so I think that she was just wound up by that point.

I agree with you totally. Perhaps she wasn't being the most tactful, but I would have been just as "strident" if I were dealing with women who were essentially being the female equivalent of Uncle Toms. I think it's great that Demetria is expressing a strong feminist viewpoint and appears to have a solid relationship with her fiancee.

To me the idea of thinking that all men are cheaters and children and that you HAVE to snoop is just as depressing to hear from women as the belief that they think women can't be leaders. To me, it's really part of the same kind of thinking because WTF would a woman who respects herself as a person want to be in a relationship with someone who she doesn't trust. I just can't even think about the implications of that.

And it's hard to have sympathy for a woman who thinks she is in a serious relationship with someone (Mica) and has never been to his house. I would assume if the guy was living with another woman for 20 years, there would also be other signs like not being able to see the guy quite a bit of the time. So why wouldn't you ask the guy - what gives and then use HIS response as a measure of what kind of guy he really is. Same thing with the woman who was cheated on consistently by Flo Rida - zero sympathy for women who allow themselves to be treated this way - either they have low self esteem or they are gold diggers - of course IMHO. LOL.

Again, I just hope that this show allows the women to actually not get into those idiotic stupid fights that BRAVO thinks its audiences love. 

On a lighter note, my cousin used to be a  style "reporter" for television. She would appear on the Today Show and talk about fashion trends etc. Daisy reminded me of her - mind you, my cousin is white and was kind of classic preppy but she had the same hairdo (minus the clown makeup) and kind of wore the same type of NY lady who lunches clothing. LOL

Edited by celinenano, Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:14 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:33 PM

Same thing with the woman who was cheated on consistently by Flo Rida

I just thought about this. Flo Rida was on WWHL recently. Knowing how messy Andy is it will be interesting to see if he ever has any of the BSH ladies on the show and asks Melyssa about her relationship with FR.

Brie said that they're one episode down and 8 more to go. (source)

Demetria is on Bethenny today. From checking out their social media pages I gather that Geneva and Demetria are on one side, Daisy and Mica on the other, and Brie and Melyssa are free floaters. 

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:54 PM

Thanks, Chrissytd and prmami! I guess I'll buy the season on iTunes. I ordinarily don't lament not having cable since I can catch other shows online, but it was proving hard to find BSH at my "local" sites. :)

And it's hard to have sympathy for a woman who thinks she is in a serious relationship with someone (Mica) and has never been to his house.

Exactly. I have a friend who recently ended an eight-month-long relationship with a guy because she snooped through his phone...and discovered that he had a long-term (as in five years) girlfriend. The thing about it, though, is that long before that moment came, he was basically giving her clues. I mean, wasn't it Oprah who said that when someone shows you who they are believe him? In my friend's case, maybe two months in, they'd had a run in with some other chick who he'd been messing with. After maybe four months of dating, he didn't want to label my friend as his girlfriend (though he was just fine with the emotional support she brought as well as the sexual relationship they had). Those are just two instances, but just from those two instances, I would say that things were already amiss there. 

I haven't watched the episode yet, but if Mica's got a man that she's been seeing long-term and she hasn't been to his apartment? That's a red flag way before the phone snooping.

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:54 PM

To me the idea of thinking that all men are cheaters and children and that you HAVE to snoop is just as depressing to hear from women as the belief that they think women can't be leaders. To me, it's really part of the same kind of thinking because WTF would a woman who respects herself as a person want to be in a relationship with someone who she doesn't trust. I just can't even think about the implications of that.

And it's hard to have sympathy for a woman who thinks she is in a serious relationship with someone (Mica) and has never been to his house. I would assume if the guy was living with another woman for 20 years, there would also be other signs like not being able to see the guy quite a bit of the time. So why wouldn't you ask the guy - what gives and then use HIS response as a measure of what kind of guy he really is. Same thing with the woman who was cheated on consistently by Flo Rida - zero sympathy for women who allow themselves to be treated this way - either they have low self esteem or they are gold diggers - of course IMHO. LOL.

I agree.  To me it felt like the women were saying the reason women can't be leaders is because we women are just too emotional because we all do things like snoop on our men when we think they're cheating.

I too lost sympathy of Mica.  How can you think you're in a serious relationship if you've never been to the man's home?  I mean dating is one thing, but a serious relationship?  Heck, they should be going to each other's homes on a regular basis.  I didn't think Demetria lacked compassion, I think she was thinking, "What's wrong with these women?  Why are they bothering with men who cheat on them?"  If a man cheats on you, it's my belief that he probably doesn't like you very much.

celinenano

celinenano

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:23 PM

I haven't watched the episode yet, but if Mica's got a man that she's been seeing long-term and she hasn't been to his apartment? That's a red flag way before the phone snooping.

To clear up any confusion, Mica is currently LIVING with the man who was in the 20 year relationship but during the first year of the relationship, he was still evidently living with the woman which Mica found out about by getting his home number and calling his home. I think that's an accurate description. My impression is that he was *seriously* involved with Mica while he was living with what to me would be the equivalent of a spouse.

That would be enough IMHO to want to have nothing more to do with the guy. Any guy who cheats is a cheater. So maybe if you didn't associate with cheaters, you wouldn't feel compelled to snoop.

And absolutely to the poster upthread because I do not believe that anyone is completely gobsmacked when they find out that their SO is cheating because anyone who isn't in denial would be picking up the signs that are giveaways when someone is cheating.

I agree.  To me it felt like the women were saying the reason women can't be leaders is because we women are just too emotional because we all do things like snoop on our men when we think they're cheating.

I'm not sure the women had it laid as a a cause and effect - i.e. we are emotional and therefore we snoop. I think it was more insidious in that the women didn't think women were capable of leadership (indicating low self esteem) and separately many of them also thought that one HAD to snoop in ALL relationships because ALL men were ultimately cheats and dogs (evidencing low self esteem in a different area). 

And perhaps I am making this up after the fact, but didn't one of the women claim that a woman who is strong is going to have a man who cheats because a man MUST be the dominant "leader" in a marriage.

ceelovejay

ceelovejay

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:39 PM

And perhaps I am making this up after the fact, but didn't one of the women claim that a woman who is strong is going to have a man who cheats because a man MUST be the dominant "leader" in a marriage.

No. Demetria said a strong woman with a weak man is definitely cheating on him.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:30 PM

Yes, Demetria did say this, and it's proven to be true in my experience.

celinenano

celinenano

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:39 PM

I thought that it was Daisy or one of the other "Aunt Toms" who were holding up the traditional model of man as the head of a successful marriage - i.e. that man was destined to be the leader in all things including marriages.

It wouldn't make sense for Demetria to say that a strong woman would be at fault in a relationship. I have no idea what her relationship will actually turn out to be but she seemed to be pretty clear that she viewed marriage as a partnership with each partner having strengths and weaknesses which is entirely different than believe that a strong woman would cheat or automatically be cheated on.

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 11:15 AM

I thought it was Daisy who said that.  

kisurokk

kisurokk

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:11 PM

Now I know how the lowest of the low looks and sounds like. And I´m sad and disgusted by the feelings I´m left with after watching it for 22 minutes.

Nothing I´ve seen has ever come close to being this awful (except for Belle, I thought she seemed ok and handled this bullshit quite well). Their arguments for why men are always stable and women unstable, and how men can always lead and provide and women can´t do it as well are all arguments that could just as well be used for other unjust situations like for instance, slavery. They could take a whole race of people and say that this race is so childish and unstable that it´s better for them to be a property of another more mature and intelligent race. I think the 2 women who were the most into this theory of women being unstable and totally unfit for anything major, are terrifying examples of humanity, especially the one with the lipstick and matching suit. Just vile. If this was their opinion, then fine, but to listen to their justifications, that was too much. It would never be tolerated on these kinds of shows, to have people with such views of homosexuals, black people or any other group airing them out like it was just fine and dandy. But say it about women, that makes a person dressed up and decked out like a clown, somehow sooo traditional...

It´s mindboggling that these unfunny cretins are on tv and being allowed to spew their uneducated bigotry. 

Edited by kisurokk, Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:13 PM.

Kathleen8

Kathleen8

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

I'm glad that so many others were annoyed by Mica's mannerisms.  I thought maybe it was just me.

izabella

izabella

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:43 PM

I was really, really surprised to hear women saying that they thought women couldn't be leaders, and that they were too emotional with PMS and all to be leaders.  It seemed like a throwback to the 50's.

ncw12371

ncw12371

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 5:55 PM

I had to stop watching these types of shows once they started going into buffoonery territory, but thought I'd give this a chance. I am echoing the Demetria love. she appears to be the only intelligent one in the bunch. Daisy was the one who made the comment about a strong woman cheating on a weak man, not Demetria.My head almost exploded at that one. Wow, what is her definition of weak, a man who you don't have to snoop on, treats you with respect, respects and values your opinion, believes you are his equal, and doesn't cheat on you, WTF??? No wonder these idiots don't have real men. Their attitudes scream, weak, pushover, sucker. The insecurity alone would send most men running in the oppositie direction. I mean if you are too childish to ask why you haven't been to your man's place when you've been dating for a year, you don't know howto have a mature relationship. If  you think men are children who need to be taught, you don't know how to be in a mature relationship. If you think all men cheat, and there's nothing you can do about it, you need to rethink your choice in men. If you thnk you need to snoop, rather than say asking, what is going on with your man, you need to rethink your communicationskills, and if you feel like you can't trust your man, why stay with him, WHY?

I loved that Demetria called Daisy on the woman shouldn't lead comment. She is reenforcing gender stereotypes that prevail today. What makes men more capabe of leading than women? We don't start wars, and advocate against equality. It's so sad that some of these women equate strength, conviction and opinion as a negative for women, but a positive for men. I can't believe educated women would even advocate this position, but then again, I question the education, and common sense of born again bible thumpers, who use religion as a crutch and justification for their beliefs. Demetria totally called Daisy on her shit with the pearl clutching comment, and it seemed like it wen right over her head. Oh and when you say something on camera, there is no betrayal by writiing about a conversation you were party to, especially when names weren't mentioned.

I will defintiely tune in again, looking forward to drunken Mica antics, and more Demtria and Melyssa.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 6:48 PM

Didn't Daisy say she was a PK or raised deeply in church? She may have very well been raised to believe that women should be submissive to men. I'm not saying she's right. I certainly don't agree with her, but there are many people of various faiths who were conditioned to believe what she expressed. I have some friends who believe that. It works for them. *shrug* I think I've watched so much reality tv, that what Daisy said is so benign, it didn't even register.

Edited by charmed1, Jan 9, 2014 @ 7:10 PM.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 7:49 PM

Daisy was the one who made the comment about a strong woman cheating on a weak man, not Demetria.My head almost exploded at that one. Wow, what is her definition of weak, a man who you don't have to snoop on, treats you with respect, respects and values your opinion, believes you are his equal, and doesn't cheat on you, WTF???

My guess is someone who is not as assertive, maybe more reserved, quiet and passive... a beta-male, if you will, instead of an alpha-male.

Oh and when you say something on camera, there is no betrayal by writiing about a conversation you were party to, especially when names weren't mentioned.

Yeah, I didn't get the faux outrage (at the time) because she never credited any of the comments or opinions to the women there. But then just as you said... they knew it would air on tv, and their sentiments would eventually be matched up their faces/names, so maybe they didn't want that?  If that's the case, shouldn't have said it, though.  Can't call it.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2014 @ 10:45 PM

I finally got around to watching the episode, and I have to say that I liked it! The women are all so different and watchable in their own ways, but with that said, I already cannot with Daisy ("with her Gayle King hair" to quote I forget who but I remember it was said by one of the women in the car when they were on their way into Brooklyn). One for what appeared to be a lame brunch since the women were complaining about the lack of food and that whatever was served wasn't even good. And two for her faux outrage about what Demetria wrote. 

As others have pointed out, at least Demetria excluded names in the blog. Daisy's biggest concern should have been that she was spouting that foolishness on camera when it was certain to be aired months later. How can Daisy even reconcile wanting to be a Martha Stewart type when she thinks that women can't lead due to menstrual cycles and PMS? 

All said, I came away from this episode liking Demetria a lot. I totally got her exasperation with the tomfoolery that was going on with Daisy's "hot topic." I also can't help it--Mica is so over the top, that I find her entertaining for the time being. Her "mic check" cracked me up when all the women were talking over each other about the leading business.

Edited by fashionista79, Jan 11, 2014 @ 10:48 PM.

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 10:09 PM

Geneva and Daisy need to remove those dead yaks from their heads. They probably would look ten years younger if they did. When Geneva said she was in her twenties, I was stunned, the woman looks closer to forty than thirty IMO.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 10:44 PM

I just want to run my hands thru Demetria's hair. It's amazing.

BUT! I really cannot with her tone. I felt what she was saying about not needing to snoop on her man, but her TONE when she speaks is so dismissive. To me it just reeks of condescension for the ladies. Why did she sign up for the show if she felt she was above each and every one of the ladies?

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 11:42 PM

BUT! I really cannot with her tone. I felt what she was saying about not needing to snoop on her man, but her TONE when she speaks is so dismissive. To me it just reeks of condescension for the ladies. Why did she sign up for the show if she felt she was above each and every one of the ladies?

She is very condescending.  To me, she seems like someone who finds validation in having a man, even if it's one that no one else would want.  She seems to like lording that over folks, particularly since her "brand" is about being a dating expert/coach.

And she came on the show because she wants to promote her writing, books, and projects.  She, Daisy, and Geneva all want careers in media, so the exposure on this show may help them.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 12:21 AM

What the hell is wrong with Daisy?  She shows up extremely late to a date, for which it seems like she didn't even call to say that she would be late, and then then talks about herself the whole time.  And she questions why the dude is upset/rude?  No wonder she's still single.  He let her have it (which was hilarious); but if he was that upset, he should have left when she arrived.  I'm guessing he though the date could be salvageable.  It was funny that the plate of food fell in his lap after he said he wouldn't share. 

That dinner was a mess. Daisy's "I don't wish people to hell, what do you think about that Demetria" was so beyond...Yes, I agree that Demetria was condescending, but the way they were coming at her was just so off putting, including the "let's just not invite her anymore".  Yeah, that may have worked in high school, but I don't think Demetria gives two shits about hanging out with them unless it's required as part of her contract.

I did start to like Brie.  She seemed sane, normal, and mature in how she handled the issue compared to the other ladies.

And why was Mica's boyfriend serving food and drinks the whole night.  He really is her Benson. 

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:47 AM

Daisy's date was a straight ass and I'm glad his food fell in his lap. If you were going to be salty about the lateness, get your ass up and leave, don't stay there and be a jerk. Come back another time when your "I'll do anything for this airtime" ass could behave like a human being. Although if I were Daisy, my hand would have been in the air asking for my dinner to go, as soon as he started with that "you work here?" Late or no, as easily as that slipped out it was a hint and a half that he was a rude jerk. Cut your losses girl and stop with the feel-sorry-for-me-tears. He just used it as more reason to clown you. The daughter and I were both saying "hope this at least stops some other chick from dating him."

B

UT! I really cannot with her tone. I felt what she was saying about not needing to snoop on her man, but her TONE when she speaks is so dismissive. To me it just reeks of condescension for the ladies.

Yes. I'm with her on the snooping also, but damn, these are supposed to be your friends, if they're (even delusionally) believing their miked and filmed conversations were somehow private and wouldn't be written up by everyone else watching, throw a damned bone "Well, I'm sorry you felt I violated your privacy, given the situation I didn't think it WAS private."  I cannot STAND people whose response to things are "and?" "So?" "You'll get over it."  Girl, bye. You're not as special as you think you are, and I'm glad now they smacked you down in the Roots comments and called you out on your faux "did I do the right thing doing reality TV article, tee hee?" on it being the pre-emptive don't hate me strike that it was. Over you!

I'm coming to a begrudging enjoyment of Mica. I thought she was too extra first episode, but now I'm feeling like this is just her all day every day, which I can dig.

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:52 AM

BUT! I really cannot with her tone. I felt what she was saying about not needing to snoop on her man, but her TONE when she speaks is so dismissive. To me it just reeks of condescension for the ladies.

Why shouldn't Demetria be dismissive? You have a bunch of chicks getting their feathers ruffled up because Demetria blogged about a lunch that not only had BRAVO cameras up in their faces but a mic passed around and instead of calling her up and saying "Here's my issue with your blog" (like Brie did), they decided to gang up on her.

If Sheryl Underwood has receipts about Demetria calling her's friend then she needs to produce them.  I'd also like to know why Geneva is so angry with Demetria...she's acting like Demetria took HER man.

What the hell is wrong with Daisy?  She shows up extremely late to a date, for which it seems like she didn't even call to say that she would be late, and then then talks about herself the whole time.  And she questions why the dude is upset/rude?  No wonder she's still single.

What I didn't like about that situation was Daisy acted like Jason had no right or reason to be angry with her.  You were late to your date with him, which shows a lack of respect, then show up like Mmm bop sunny day tra la la you mad?  If he had shown up hours late to a date she'd be mad, too.

He let her have it (which was hilarious); but if he was that upset, he should have left when she arrived.  I'm guessing he though the date could be salvageable.

Or BRAVO told him to stay until she showed up.

I actually didn't like how Melyssa's manager was like "It's all good you were a video model and all blah blah."  It just seemed like some shade.  It could've been part of the script for the manager to say that, but alarm bells went off in my head.  Melyssa may want to move her license to a firm that has more men in it b/c catty female real estate agents will undermine her.

I also didn't like her business manager telling her she needed to host more of those club parties.  I get his point; she needs another income stream until real estate kicks in.  I get it.  HOWEVER, no one wants to see their agent ass out on a club flyer, especially not a woman.  So if I'm Sally Suburban wearing my Worthington ensemble from JC Penney and I look like Lena Dunham and I'm looking to buy a house with my husband, I'm not wanting my agent to look like Melyssa.  I'm gonna choose an agent who looks like Melyssa's real estate manager. (Or one that looks like Lena Dunham).  I'm not saying not to look cute: Brie looks cute.  But Brie doesn't exude sexiness like Melyssa does. 

I think if Melyssa is serious about real estate as a career, making appearances at the club is probably not a good look.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2014 @ 9:58 AM

My cousin told me she's pretty sure Demetria's hair is that fake Marley hair. I'm devastated. I haven't felt this deceived since I found out Janet's Pleasure Principle hair was a weave. *tears* I thought Daisy's date was kind of a douche. But she shouldn't have kept talking about Demetria to him. He was already annoyed and Demetria is his relative's girlfriend. Not a good idea. I weep for Mica and Barack Chinchilla's livers.