When Ghosts Attack: Casper Packs a Wallop

• Please log in to reply

11 replies to this topic

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2013 @ 3:38 PM

New series on Destination America channel: When Ghosts Attack.

Similar to A Haunting. In When Ghosts Attack, people tell their 'true experiences' with a haunting in which the ghost attacked them in some way. 

Beaten, scratched, punched, possessed, knocked down a flight of stairs. These ghastly vapors don't mess around.

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

Ok I watched episode 1 and it effectively freaked me out. 

For those who have comcast/xfinity, its onDemand. Fyi.

The first family struck me as odd. I wasn't entirely believing the mom & daughter's story and would venture to say that what wasn't connected to PK (because I do believe *some* things may have occurred) was in their heads. Plus the mom's voice just seemed scripted. Also, exploding hearts are not caused by angry spirits. They are caused by chronic illness or too many big macs.

The second family was far more convincing (the mom looked familiar, has she been on another one of these shows?) and I saw no tells that any of them were lying. The shattering shower door would have unnerved me too. Self-inflicted scratches and sleep paralysis aside, I think they were sharing their place with something cranky.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 7:29 PM

I actually believed both families. I really liked the mom in the first family. I want her haircut. Her voice was pretty flat. Maybe she is on something to deal with the shock and depression? I can't even imagine. Her story got real serious real fast.

I already can't remember how the second story ended. Didn't they just kind of accept it and give up? I'm watching too many of these shows.

Gank Em

Gank Em

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

In the first story, that whole scene of the mother coming home and discovering her husband dead that way was awful. Thank goodness her daughter was not with her.

Yes, ScrubMonkey, the final straw in the second story was the night that both of the daughters got scratched and they were all hearing banging and people moaning in the walls. The mother was basically like, Screw the security deposit, I’m done.

Interesting, neither of these stories involved paranormal investigators, psychics, priests, etc. coming to the homes, did they?

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

Interesting, neither of these stories involved paranormal investigators, psychics, priests, etc. coming to the homes, did they?

Holy crap! You're right. lol That's like unheard of with ghost shows today.

I'm watching too many of these shows.

I hear ya ScrubMonkey! 'Tis the season, only a few more weeks and then there will be a paranormal dry spell again. Hell I've had to stop watching Scooby Douche and His Gang for the time being ...I can only take so much ghostly garbage at a time hahahaa.

TenPea

TenPea

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

I don't know who is casting this slop, but these re-enactment actors are TERRIBLE!  Especially the women!

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2013 @ 1:21 PM

TenPea I agree but I have seen worse! 

A few comments so far:

Wicked Warriors: The ghost of a vengeful Native American Chief? Really? *sad face* Well at least he was respectful and asked the forest's ghosts permission to stay. The war hero and his possessed house... was... dumb. I call bullshit. What was occurring was probably PTSD and PK. I don't know, what does everyone else think?

Deliver Us From Evil Spirits: Seeing the ghost face in the leaves? Matrixing. Does anyone know if the image of the guy in the window was actual footage or just something added by the producers? Also weird... the girl with the "satanic cross with a trident" appearing on her arm? Why are there no pictures of this??? GAHHH. anyway, the only thing that seemed semi-supernatural were all the exploding light bulbs. the second story was far more creepy. Gee, the place can't keep renters? Red flag! All signs say poltergeist to me... cold spots, footsteps, chairs being found all on their backs and the CREEPIEST part... the baby being found UNDER the crib. and then to find out that the guy's G-Grandpa killed his G-Grandma and his own mother kept that SECRET from him??? I'd be so pissed. And after all that, the woman gets shoved by the G-Grandma's spirit? That seemed wonky to me.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2013 @ 7:51 AM

I definitely don't want to spark a religious debate but the show just can't seem to get it right regarding religious accoutrements. Items of worship. A cross is not a crucifix, although a cross is part of a crucifix. They're not the same thing! I went into detail in the nitpick thread

I mean, what the heck, Show. It isn't that hard to research. Google it.

As for the quality of the episodes (otherwise): I actually really liked Wicked Warriors. I didn't think they were wicked, just very hurt and really, rightly so. A whole tribe purposely wiped out so their land could be stolen? I was outraged. And then I felt so sad. I am glad it had a peaceful resolution. I hoped he would try to find out what he could do to try to appease them - in a way that didn't have to do with just letting him stay on the land. Something like, planting fragrant trees. I'm not sure what. (That was on the past episode of a different series.) I found that family believable.

The war hero...I don't know what was going on there. The family staying there while he was away also had experiences there. When he showed up at his girlfriend's house that could've been anything. There was a recent story about a man with PTSD and it described him as pale, sweating and dissociative. So, who knows. But it seems like sometimes the people move out and have no further problems and the new occupants claim they don't, either? So I don't understand that.

I often wonder if the souls just need or want prayers? And that's why they are bothering the occupants? They never explained why that one room smelled in his house or who the (ghost) man could have been.

The Southern Baptists who visited a plantation and then had bad dreams or whatever: I felt like that was mostly their imagination plus night terrors (a phenomena in which people feel they can't move but really are just having a nightmare in a half awake state.) In the photo labeled "actual photo" I couldn't see anything amiss. In the photo with the clear face in the window, it wasn't labeled "actual photo" and it was just like the re-enactment so I am calling that fake. But the show should've specified clearer.

The last story, with the 'family home' that was badly haunted - I believed it. The neighbors, the people hired to paint the exterior, all knew it was haunted. I don't know why that story would've been kept from the couple. Some people don't like to talk about the past. It was too bad they got a divorce later on. I don't know why the murder victim would have been so mean to them? It was a sad creepy story about the murder-suicide. Did he have remorse and that's why he hung himself afterward? It was really bizarre. Made me wonder if something 'made' him do it? He was drunk at the time, supposedly they are easier to possess.

The baby screaming and being under the crib was indeed the worst part of it. Poor baby. It's really weird their own family would attack them. Or maybe something else was.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2013 @ 7:26 PM

We had "Insight" which became "Time Warner" recently (blarg) but I've never seen this channel on the lineup. I could have missed it. Maybe I can find it free somewhere online.

Interesting.

I like the thread title. Very cute and apropos!

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

I'm really enjoying this show. You can really tell some of these people have been through A LOT.

KarenESP

KarenESP

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

I gotta tell 'ya - I usually don't watch any of these types of shows as I used to be somewhat of a ghost hunter and had a really, really bad experience after  coming back from Gettysburg one night. It was soooo bad that I was afraid to tell my best friend what happened for three days because I was afraid it would trigger some kind of replay.  BUT - I saw one of these programs, then I thought I'd watch another, then another - pretty interesting but nobody ever leaves the dang house fast enough!!! 

I liked the one about Glen Burnie because I live near there and I can tell it was in the Harundale area - but they mentioned that there had been a confederate camp nearby at one time and I've never heard of that ever - having lived here a half a century, nothing on google, either. 

I haven't read the comments much but for you who think it's all quackery - go down to Point Lookout State Park - Maryland in February - it will be deserted and freezing cold but you can still get a camping spot. Camp out there for three nights - then you'll know what's what. LOL  It's an ex Civil War Confederate Prison Camp where thousands have died and are buried in a mass grave.  You have to be willing and brave enough to venture into a known haunted area before you can stand back and say, this show  is all bullsh**.

Edited by KarenESP, Nov 30, 2013 @ 12:48 PM.

CharmCollector

CharmCollector

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 23, 2013 @ 5:32 PM

I just watched all the episodes so far. The trend seems to be that the people in the house do not consult any paranormal researchers. I do like the shows.