• Please log in to reply

26 replies to this topic

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

New show on BIO called Ghost Inside My Child premiered 8/5/13

*Full episode* was posted.

I'd be curious to see what all the TWoParanormalers think as well as any new viewers. 

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 7:38 PM

I have two episodes taped. I've been working up my nerve to go and watch them. (I've seen the previews.)

I'm very on the fence about the concept. I think some parents exploit their kids for attention - Ghosthausen by proxy?

I've heard stories like these before - Dad subscribed to a 'magazine' that had this type of thing. I used to read it for lack of anything else, when I was a kid. It's basically all a bunch of reincarnation stories. Depends partly how one feels about that concept in general, I think; this isn't really a ghost series. At least, not the first couple of episodes don't appear to be. The previews and descriptions detail kids who believe they have lived and died before and are traumatized by those memories.

Also I wonder how people who lost loved ones in 9/11 and such feel about some of these stories that babies are supposedly being born who are their reincarnations. Maybe it would comfort some. I don't know. I think it might upset them.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 8:27 PM

I guess I'll try DVRing a couple of episodes when they repeat, but hold no hope that anything interesting will come of it, but you never know.  I'm not a believer in much of anything, but reincarnation makes as much sense as any other afterlife fable to me.  My dear friend had a young son who talked about flying and crashing a plane, is descriptions made her believe he may have been a WWII pilot who'd been shot down (kid even told about the plane markings and the painful burns he'd received).  He also told his Mom he'd only be with her for a little while, and that when he turned 10 he'd have to "go away".  He was killed just after his 10th birthday.  cue the creepy music...

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Yeah I figured it was about reincarnation. Those bastards at BIO and their sneaky titles! I call shenanigans! Trickery! Boo!

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

I watched both episodes last night. So....

The story I found the most interesting was the kid who thought he was Gone with the Wind screenwriter Sidney Coe Howard. Maybe because his parents weren't as dramatic as some of the other ones.

The kid was really cute, as well. 

I'm not sure if I believe in reincarnation - in fact it's antithetical to my personal beliefs - but - who am I to really say with any finality. Who among us really knows, right? Personally I'm more inclined to believe these kids are being 'visited' by ghosts who have some unfinished business. A bit like The Sixth Sense kid.

All of the children seemed bright, imaginative and creative. Can't think it's a coincidence.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

WTH?  I gotta check this shit out.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 4:13 PM

I don't get BIO and I don't know why. I get every other freakin channel that I don't care about . Anyway, when I get a minute, hour/s - I'll watch it on Bees links or elsewhere because, let's face it, I'll watch almost anything. Like The Cheese said above or in the other ghosty thread, I'm a paranormal nerd too and have accepted it heh.

Weird that such young kids can spew out intricate details of things about which they should know nothing. Peculiar and interesting.

There are popular, widespread, main religions whose followers do believe in reincarnation; so a good bit of the world's population is presumably on board with it. (OK, not the three big monotheistic  ones, but the others)

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

Yes, there are people who believe in reincarnation, including some of the people on this series.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

Agreed, Scrubmonkey

Also, Bees thanks for the thread and calling this show to my attention. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Anyway, I liked it. Maybe I'm a big ole schmuck or maybe it's because I've been reading about other religions lately so I find it all interesting.

I'll watch it again.

So far I'm watching now the one with the kid, Eric. And the other one, Elijah.

I know 3 year olds can pick up languages like crazy, but that one kid supposedly spontaneously speaking German was just wow. And the kid saying, "incoming" you have to see a certain kind of movie to hear that exact word and the parents would surely know to what the kid has been exposed, movie-TV-wise. Right?

I don't know beans about this stuff, but one thing that struck me as odd is that the one kid who described jumping out of airplanes and he understood the joke in German on TV, he said that the "giant pillows opened" when he jumped from the planes. OK, if you're retaining enough foreign language to understand tv in German, then why can't you know that the correct word is  parachute?

dirgeledig

dirgeledig

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:17 PM

I watched one episode, the one with the kid who thought he was a fighter pilot, the kid who thought he was a 9/11 victim, and the girl who thought she was an OKC victim. 

I don't know what to think. The "WWII" kid's parents have done a lot of shows about him

http://scifake.com/t...eptions-part-2/

and I can't tell whether or not I think that's the way parents would respond if they thought this was real. I'm not sure WHAT kind of "proof" would convince me that a child hadn't been influenced somehow to get this information. 

The reason I watched was because my brother, two years younger than I am, used to talk to our family all the time, when we were growing up in Massachusetts in the 1960s, about where he had lived (town and state) with his grandfather before he died and came to live with us. There were six of us kids, I was the oldest, we had one TV in the house, and none of us attended any kind of school until first grade. I'd be amazed if any of us had any kind of influence from a TV show (we very seldom went to the movies) that would have even told him there WAS such a town that he used to talk about. I finally looked it up when I was in high school. 

He also used to play chess with General Eisenhower (why not President Eisenhower, we'd ask, and he'd say "He's not President yet.") He was a peculiar kid! 

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

A gifted child can pick up all sorts of language early, especially if there's Tv around. I thought it was possible too that that child had interpreted the meaning of the joke due to Hitler's exaggerated gestures. Hitler had acted out the meaning of the joke as well as said the joke. So, maybe it was that. If he saw an old episode of Hogan's Heroes he could've heard simple German words like "nein."

A little kid saying "Yes! That's my movie! Do you know that movie?" is kind of odd, though.

I was glad in the 9/11 story the parents didn't contact the family of that person. I doubt it would've been a good thing.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 7:32 PM

I got interrupted and apparently I missed the 9/11 part.

The story that Dirge told in the post above sounds believable to me. When you only have a couple of tv channels (in the 60s) and folks rarely went to movies and if you did go to movies it was a big special deal and you for sure would remember what they were - the content etc. that, to me, is interesting because how could the child get the information?

Anyway, the show is weird and somewhat interesting which, I guess, is the point. So there's that.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2013 @ 6:02 AM

Kids are sponges...they could also pick things up from their elders talking. Adults always think kids aren't listening. 

There were two episodes, the one with 9/11 also had a story about the Oklahoma (Tim McVeigh) bombing.

As I said before I don't know and don't want to judge how much is real; but I do try to look for other explanations first. I like the shows that do that, like Haunted Collector.

This show didn't have a creepy feel for the most part so I'll probably stay tuned.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

I watched the episode with the little girl who asked her dad if he remembered when "we were Japanese", and spontaneously painted Japanese calligraphy symbols that he looked up and found they meant "love" and "home". Interesting, but I can't decide how I feel about reincarnation. 

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2013 @ 10:34 PM

There is a saying in court proceedings we call LEADING THE WITNESS where the lawyers feed the "witness" memories. These parents? Are leading their witnesses. Oh my God. The "hollywood writer" episode made me want to screeeaaammmm!!!

Were you and actor? Kid: No

Were you are director? Kid: No

Were you a writer? Kid: Uhm, yeah! 

*Facepalm*

Edited by msbeesknees, Aug 16, 2013 @ 2:20 PM.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2013 @ 6:24 AM

The little girl in the "Japan" story was sooo cute, though! And so tender hearted. Aww. Her parents seemed pretty cool, both artists.

The "Titanic" story was interesting, but I'm not sure if that says to me he is literally the spirit of the guy who designed the Titanic. 

All of these kids so far have seemed like typical gifted kids to me - creative, sensitive, empathetic, more verbally adroit than their peers, and intelligent. Kids like that have amazing imaginations.

It was nice to see the kids at their current ages and how they are doing. The teen guy was going into 3D design. Seemed to be doing well. That was good.

I'm still going with, either the kids are very creative and imaginative and their obsession gets encouraged by family, or, perhaps they are 'sensitive' and some spirit is seeking them out for some closure. Whether it's sympathy from someone, or just someone knowing what they went through, or getting a message to their family, maybe that's what that spirit felt it needed. Kids supposedly are more open to things like that. But, I really don't know.

It's an interesting series, though. Except it bothers me when the kids are suffering. For pete's sake get them into some therapy early.

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:21 PM

I remember watching a documentary about two kids - one was a pilot who was killed and the other was a jumper from the World Trade Center on 9/11. Is this the spin-off series from that particular documentary?

I remember it being said on the documentary that the 9/11 child's family did contact the real 9/11 victim's family, but the name was not released on the documentary out of respect for the family. Am I remembering that correctly?

I am intrigued by these stories, but I am not taking it all in as the complete truth. I realize that the BIO Channel is also the same network that gives us Celebrity Ghost Stories and I don't believe the shit that comes out of those celebs' mouths. How is it that all of these celebs have these outlandish experiences with the paranormal? Is it their celebrity status that garners them special attention from the ghostly world? LOL  Reminds me of the lone person who sees a UFO land in a desolate area. Never does a UFO land where there are lots of people!

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:30 PM

Oh UFOs I could talk about too...there was a huge one that hovered over a major street and half of Phoenix saw it including the Mayor or Governor or some stuff...but yeah usually I think it's something classified from a nearby Air Force base. (Ever notice how often there's one nearby?)

I don't know about the documentary you saw but, those two stories are in this series, and I think they are the same families. On this one, the family said they did not contact the other family, (the real 9/11 victim) out of respect, and they also did not share the real person's name on Tv for the same reasons, they said.

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Oh UFOs I could talk about too

I will admit, I keep myself glued to some interesting shows when they discuss UFOs. Bigfoot too. I want to believe!! Give me more proof people! That Phoenix UFO story is maddening! All those people and yet, nothing concrete other than video footage from a distance. No one closer to the supposed UFO captured anything?

So far what all of these stories have in common is, they are connected to a bigger story such as the Titanic, WW2 and Hitler, 9/11, atomic bombing of Japan, etc. I suppose it gives the story something for the viewers to latch on to and is more intriguing than showcasing a child who is a supposed reincarnated farmer's wife from the 20's.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

Yes, although there was a famous story like that in the 1920s or something. Bridget someone?

The Phoenix thing happened before cell phone cameras I think. Imagine today!

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 3:33 PM

The skeptic in me thinks "mass hallucinations wouldn't record on a cell phone."

As for reincarnation, who knows? Hundreds of millions of people belong to faiths which include that as a tenet. Maybe it's not so much a case of some religions being wrong at the expense of others, as of a wide variety of truths that are all legitimate in some ways/cases?

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 4:10 PM

Who ever knows? That's in my opinion what makes some of these shows interesting.

Kat0121

Kat0121

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 24, 2013 @ 6:26 PM

ScrubMonkey, I think the woman you're thinking of is Bridey Murphy

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2013 @ 6:51 AM

I know 3 year olds can pick up languages like crazy, but that one kid supposedly spontaneously speaking German was just wow.

From what I saw the kid didn't speak German.  Yes he said "nein" but he could've meant "nine" or he could've heard/learned that's German for no a million other ways.  And that was the same kid who got parachute-pillow confused.  Also they never said if the Russian officer he was supposed to be the reincarnation of spoke any German.

And the kid saying, "incoming" you have to see a certain kind of movie to hear that exact word and the parents would surely know to what the kid has been exposed, movie-TV-wise. Right?

Kids see and hear things their parents no nothing about all of the time.  For example if he spent any amount of time with his grandparents or at a babysitter's house he definitely could have seen or heard some sort of reference to "incoming" and bombs and it wouldn't necessarily have had to come from a movie.

I had my reservations about this show but I watched a marathon yesterday and overall I was entertained.  I'm open to the possibility of reincarnation but I'm skeptical and wish we could've learned everyone's full, unedited story.  Also I think some stories were stronger cases than others.  For example I thought the one featuring the kid who may be the reincarnation of the screenwriter of Gone With the Wind had some good specifics while the girl who believed she had been part of the orphan train gave a bunch of really vague details.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2013 @ 9:55 PM

Kids see and hear things their parents [know] nothing about all of the time.  For example if he spent any amount of time with his grandparents or at a babysitter's house he definitely could have seen or heard some sort of reference to "incoming" and bombs and it wouldn't necessarily have had to come from a movie.

The old TV show M.A.S.H., for instance.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

I'm fairly certain I picked up the meaning of "incoming" from watching Hogan's Heroes as a kid rather than overhearing anything my parents were talking about.

KarenESP

KarenESP

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 7, 2013 @ 3:18 PM

Saw three shows - Loved them all.  Was a medium for ten years but not interested in past lives, really.  When my boy was two-ish, just big enough to start talking enough to understand, I was in a doctor's office  and there was paper and crayons for the little ones.  My boy started drawing all of these stick figures, then putting an "X" in each eye - as he was putting the x's in he said,

"Dead... dead.. dead.  Mommy do you remember when the sickness came - and you died, then I died?  And now here we are all back together again!" 

One thing I'm certain of - most people won't be convinced of reincarnation because of this program - as you can see from the comments here... but it's a different story when you were there - you heard the tone of your child's voice as statements were made, you saw the fear in their eyes or the terror in their voice - yourself - you heard the joy in your child's voice, or what have you - you being the parent who knows the child best.

I've said for years, most people don't believe in ghosts until they see one for themselves.  Believing in reincarnation isn't any different, in my humble opinion.

One thing is for sure - regardless of how much I believed that my child was suffering from past life memories, my child would be going to the counselor / psychiatrist for a prescription and not left to suffer night terrors.