Teen Mom 3: Deadbeats, Drugs, & Domestic Violence (Again?)

• Please log in to reply

1239 replies to this topic

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 5:00 AM

From MTV.COM

Teen Mom 3 is a spin-off of the MTV documentary series 16 and Pregnant. We are following the stories of Mackenzie, Katie, Briana, and Alex from the fourth season of 16 and Pregnant who are facing the challenges of their first years of motherhood. Each episode interweaves stories of four teenage girls who are navigating the bumpy terrain of adolescence, growing pains, and coming of age - all while facing the responsibility of being a young mother. Each story offers a unique look into the wide variety of challenges young mothers can face: marriage, relationships, family support, or lack thereof, adoption, finances, rumors among the community, graduating high school, starting college, getting (or losing) a job and the daunting and exciting step of moving out of the nest to create their own families.

So, here we go. This premieres August 26, although it was filmed MONTHS ago, and the reunion done in November. I will have to catch up on the corresponding 16&P episodes, but I have no doubt that MTV will rerun those.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 6:41 AM

I believe the footage is over a year old? By the time the reunion AIRS it will almost be November, no?

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

I'm up for new ratchetness!  Every time I think I'm out, they pull me right back in...who am I kidding?  Watching this trash just makes me feel so much better about my life.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

After Teen Mom 2, I've had enough of this mess. Will enjoy coming to visit and reading the snark though.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 12:49 PM

I think that Briana and Alex are going to have the most baby daddy drama. Katie and Mackenzie seem the most normal out of the four. I think this installment is going to be good. It's stupid that the original TM's are bitching about TM3. They had a good run. They can't expect to be on TV forever.

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 3:13 AM

I'm SO in. I saw the extended preview during the hour and half long catfish the other week and it looks like its going to be great drama filled, snarky worthy, trashy tv. And that's my favorite kind!

Was disappointed to see somewhat physical abuse in the previews WITH the baby in the hands! I don't like that kind of stuff and I'm not sure why they chose to include that in the show, much less the previews.

I just hope none of these girls turn out like Jenelle or Farrah.

I got pregnant at 14 and had my son at 15 which is probably why I'm drawn 16 and pregnant and teen mom. I got pregnant a few years before 16 & pregnant started though. So far, the only girl I've been able to relate to is Chelsea (which is why she's my favorite). Hopefully these girls will take their parenting and their new responsibilities seriously.

heroineaddict22

heroineaddict22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:49 AM

I hope that I'll have the strength of character not to watch this crap. I don't even know who any of these girls are, never saw their original episodes.

I probably won't, though :(

fliptopbox

fliptopbox

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:15 PM

I think I'm over the whole Teen Mom thing. TM2 just kinda ruined it for me. I'll probably check this thread for the snark but highly doubt I'll actually watch the show.

MrsSmartyPants

MrsSmartyPants

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Can. Not. Wait.  

I haven't seen any of their 16 & Pregnant episodes, but that won't stop me !! 

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

I remember Brianna's episode and knew she would eventually end up apart of the Teen Mom cast based on her ex-boyfriend alone. Her dead-beat baby daddy made me absolutely furious by the end of the episode. I don't think I've ever hated one of these guys more than I hated him. I'm sure he is still just as trifling as ever.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

Is he the one that was greasy and high in every scene?

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

Briana's ex is Devon. This guy spent much of their episode completely disinterested in anything having to do with the baby to the point that he completely checked out by the end of the episode. This is a guy who up and left the hospital the day the kid was born so he could go hang out with his friends, acted all butt-hurt when he was asked to take any financial responsibility for raising the kid, couldn't be bothered to spend time with the kid and was a no-show at a planned meet-up to see his baby at the end of the episode. According to Briana's Teen Mom bio, absolutely nothing has changed other than the fact that he bullies her on Twitter.

Gerji

Gerji

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 6:04 AM

I believe a better description of Devon would be "the skinny black kid who looked like a deranged 5-year-old with his buttoned to the top shirts and his Kid N' Play haircut whom needed subtitles in every scene."  I hope he gets his ass kicked by Briana's awesome mom on the show!

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

I think one of the other girls had Captain Klonopin for a baby daddy.  I do remember Brianna though  because of the name Nova.  I guess I'll watch this right up to the first fake boob sighting.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Captain Druggie was Alex's baby daddy Matt.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

Thank you! It was itching my brain.

futuroscarwinna

futuroscarwinna

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Are we allowed to post real time info in here? (We are in the other TM threads.) If so, here is a spoiler:

Spoiler

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Aug 13, 2013 @ 6:47 PM

Judging by the trailers alone, I'm think the baby daddy's on this cast are going to turn out to be as fucked up as Janelle from TM2.

mende

mende

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2013 @ 12:36 PM

I had forgotten how HUGE Mackenzie's baby was. The first shot of him, he looked like a baby sumo wrestler, I said "whoa!" out loud.

I'm looking forward to the show, I wish the footage wasn't over a year old already though.

FaithsMum

FaithsMum

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

So... Which one is going to be this season's Amber/Jenelle?

Need to watch their 16&P episodes. It's about time MTV showed this, I'm sure I read somewhere this was filmed in 2011. I could be mistaken though.

IvySpice

IvySpice

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 8:55 AM

Oh, I'm totally watching for the strung-out baby daddy. I have seen every episode of 16&P (please don't judge, I also have a graduate degree), and Alex's episode drove me bonkers for not acknowledging that Matt's "partying" was another way of saying "he is strung out/nodding off." In the follow-up, they actually used the word "addiction," and now in the preview, we are finally hearing the word of truth, "HEROIN." Because, RIGHT. OBVIOUSLY.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 9:05 AM

Totally agree IvyS. I recall Alex being continuously patient and exasperated with him. She seem to telegraph "please don't humiliate me this time, just once."

Fairyinterested

Fairyinterested

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 1:07 AM

Matt! That dude was soooo strung out. I hope I'm wrong but I think they hail from Portage Lakes Ohio.

Brianna and Devon..Devon should just drop out. He was way more interested in his smartphone that spending time with his newborn.

Mackenzie I don't remember much from.  

Who am I leaving out?

klynn74

klynn74

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

The thing I remember about Mackenzie is that she named her baby Gannon.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Katie. The one who whined about being in her boyfriend's parents house. Her daughter is named Molli. 

Nittany84

Nittany84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

Makenzie was the cheerleader from the South whose boyfriend does rodeos, if I remember correctly.

Spoiler

Aw, I liked Katie. She seemed smart (well, smart for having gotten herself knocked up) and fairly practical. I hope she doesn't disappoint me.

kp199

kp199

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 11:29 PM

Yeah, this footage is well over a year old. None of the stuff will be relevant. It basically looks like a running PSA for Domestic Violence. Unfortunately, I'll watch it. Sigh.

Samwil

Samwil

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

Is everyone high on this show?

TheWildingQueen

TheWildingQueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:44 PM

Is everyone high on this show?

Ha! I wondered the whole time why most of the teen dads didn't talk above a mumble.  

I want to have a love/hate relationship with this show, but this is one boring cast of characters.  

Bananabread

Bananabread

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:54 PM

The boys on this show are absolutely infuriating.  What a bunch of losers.  Where are their parents while they are wasting their lives?  The girls and babies would be better off relying on their other friends and families for support and cutting these idiots out all together.