Crown Chasers: Bling Bling and Botox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

27 replies to this topic

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

TLC has a new show on for the, shall we say, more mature set. Meet a group of women who are competing in the Mrs. pageant systems. If previews have anything to say about it, this is going to be similar to RHONJ, except with more rhinestones. 

Edited by tinabee, Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:22 AM.

stinkymcgee

stinkymcgee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:34 AM

I thought Crown Chasers was a one-off special last night?

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

I watched about 20 minutes and I couldn't take any more. I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a pencil. 

TVjunky

TVjunky

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 9:10 AM

I thought Crown Chasers was a one-off special last night?

I think it's supposed to be a sneak peek... I guess if it generates enough buzz, it will be broadcast as a series.

Man I try to avoid body-snarking as much as possible, but I have to admit I was stricken by how old some of these women looked. The blond one is only a year older than me, but I would have given her nearly ten more! It must have been the amount of makeup... Some women do end up making themselves look older than they are by trying to appear younger than they are.

I did not pay a lot of attention, but it seems like a lot of this show was really scripted, which always kills any fun I have watching a "reality" show. These people can't act. It's painful to watch them do so!

nancyr

nancyr

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

I watched about 20 minutes and I couldn't take any more. I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a pencil.

Oh, so true.  One of my guiltiest pleasures is train wrecks like this, but even I had to turn it off after a half-hour or so.  I truly hope this is as scripted as it looks because if not, this is the saddest most pathetic group of women I have witnessed..maybe ever.

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

ERHMAGERD. Best. Show. EVER. Let's face it, it's the trainwreckiest trainwreck that ever trainwrecked. My favorite was the brunette that strongly resembled Rita Wilson and went into a nuclear meltdown at every available opportunity.

One has to imagine that the hair-pulling fights will make RHONJ's Teresa's table-flipping look restrained.

MOAR, please.

lvopera42

lvopera42

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

I stumbled upon this crapfest of a tv show, and I regret the IQ points I lost watching it through to the end. Geeze, what a bunch of insecure, narcissistic, deluded women! They all were "rode hard and put away wet". Seriously, the one brunette who kept crying at everything reminded me of Kristen on Bridezillas: Marriage Bootcamp- she was such a bad actor and such a whiner that I wanted to punch her in the throat. 

And yet, I watched this show. What the hell is wrong with me? LOL!

Bluturtle

Bluturtle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 1:19 PM

Toddlers and Tiaras: Past Their Prime....These women were harsh...either HD doesn't do them many favors--or they all look way older than they are saying they are....I had most of them pegged at least 5-10 years older than they claimed.

Oh, and the swimsuits?! Wow..most had decent bodies, but I'm not sure any of them were wearing a flattering suit. 

LadyArachne

LadyArachne

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Burlesque dancing (Lady Arachne is my stage name), reading, knitting, games

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:01 PM

I agree about them looking much older than they were.  I am 36 and I look twenty years younger than the women who were actually younger than me.  I thought they were all above fifty actually, when I saw the previews to the show.  I was shocked when I saw that some of them were younger than me.

Anyway, I used to have this friend who acts like these women-- you know the type-- drama everywhere, saying one thing to your face and saying something completely opposite to someone else, fake, obsessed with her appearance, bitchy, etc etc etc.  And this show was like hanging out with ten of her.  Scary.

Although, the behavior of these women still shocks me.  They're so snarky!!!  Thats hard to handle!!!

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

Aw, man! Sorry I missed this! Sounds like a hoot. I'll try to catch it in the future.

AUgirl

AUgirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 5:03 PM

I fell asleep before the end--who ended up winning the pageant?

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 5:23 PM

I assumed this was a one-time thing also.  I sort of hope it is.  I'm not sure I can resist it because I'm addicted to Toddlers and Tiaras and this is what all those girls will be like in 30+ years.

I agree that most of these women looked rough.  I'm older than some of them, and I think I look better and looking good is not really that huge of a priority.  All that trying to look younger just makes women look older. 

That one really crazy chick who was blaming her craziness on menopausal hormones, the one sitting in front of the mirror talking to herself, didn't she say she was in her early 40s?  That seems very early to be having that level of symptoms.  I think she's just straight-up bat shit crazy. 

These women should be ashamed of their behavior.  Even if this show is semi-scripted, they should still be ashamed. 

I think MamaMcKay summed it up the best when she said "in 20 years she's going to be going from man to man, demanding that they all tell her that she's the most beautiful and the most special."

I did too and missed the entire pageant.  Can someone please recap the ending.  Thanks so much in advance. 

krawz5

krawz5

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

The first runner up was one they showcased, the most normal one with long brown hair, can't remember her name. Then, it came time to announce the winner and Rita Wilson wannabe is looking hopeful like she actually had a shot. They cut to her saying, "God, I just hope none of these other bitches win." The winner was some other random woman with dark hair. Then, Rita Wilson had a full blown meltdown, sobbing wondering why SHE didn't win.

Sigh.

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 6:22 PM

There was scandalized woman all around because the winner was someone who was new to the circuit. This really was trainwreck-tastic. I'm glad I'm not the only one putting them older than stated.

GeorgePBurdell

GeorgePBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

I LOVED it!  In fact, I watched it twice.  It was like the Real Housewives and Toddlers and Tiaras had a baby.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Hilary Dickulous

Hilary Dickulous

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

I'd rather watch the queens in the True Illusions Lounge . . . they're more genuine than this crew.  On behalf of sane Coloradans, I apologize to everyone everywhere.

yet I can't turn away ....

A Boston Gal

A Boston Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Yeah, what IS the deal with the ages? They all can't have bad genes...they must be shaving  quite a few years off the truth. Why else would they all look so much older than what they claim?

gardendiva

gardendiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

That Jennifer woman, the one who got first runner up, was actually the most unlikeable one to me. She was a Bible thumper and it was clear she viewed herself holier than all the rabble competing alongside of her. She tried to act as if she were above it all, but in the end when she was pondering whether not winning might be a spiritual lesson she had to learn, she ends up declaring that she is "prettier than all those other bitches" or something like that. How very classy and holy of her.

lmiller42

lmiller42

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Put me on the Loved It side of the ledger. I would watch a show with Bizarro Rita Wilson just going around and living her life. I thought she was hilarious. The blonde who was going to start her own pageant (wow) was like a grown up version of Brenna from last night's T&T. A waste of human flesh. What did her husband say when she was modeling her evening gown? (the one with the Swarovski crysals, because no one's ever heard of those before) It was something sort of odd and formal, like "That is a truly stunning gown"  that made me laugh, because I couldn't imagine any of the straight men I know saying something like that out loud. She was also overly proud of her forearm plank.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

That Jocelyn (the menopause mom) was either a great performance artist, or the saddest thing I've seen on reality tv.  That was bordering on exploitative.

gardendiva

gardendiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

I pitied Jocelyn. Is her life so devoid of meaning and fulfillment that winning a crown is her only goal in life? She was such a tragic figure, desperately seeking the approval of someone...anyone. She was never going to get what she needed from that pit of vipers.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:12 PM

OMG. That was cracktastic. Jennifer the Bible thumper made the baby Jesus cry when she was pushing Jocelyn's low self-esteem buttons. And VICKY! How hard is it to say "Je m'appelle Vicky" and then titter about how long it's been since she spoke French? (If she ever learned it at all).

Recollected

Recollected

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:44 PM

Only 509,000 viewers watched the special. I doubt we will ever see anything more.

helenbaby

helenbaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

I stumbled on this while channel surfing and watched enough to know these women were pathetic. I had to switch the channel when the two women went for their spa treatments, "not knowin Jocelyn was back in town." Yeah, right. So contrived. Anyone catch that Jocelyn said her kids lived with her ex? What's the story on that? And whoever asked, I started having menopausal symptoms at about 40 and was through with it by 46. So it is possible to have it that early.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

Jocelyn seemed incredibly unstable.  And, if that was just for show, she's a damned good actress.  I don't think she was exaggerating when she said she'd had multiple breakdowns.

I'd probably watch a season of the chunky blonde, the African American lady who'd lost all that weight, and the drama queen who judged this competition being catty as hell towards each other.  But watching Jocelyn just felt very uncomfortable.

girlinjeans

girlinjeans

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:05 PM

None of those featured women looked good in their bikinis. In spite of their supposed working out with trainers, they were all thick through the middle with protruding stomachs.I have watched Mrs. pageants where the contestants looked amazing in their swimsuits and gowns. They were taut and fit. These women were not. And their faces looked old and haggard. I think their competition days are long behind them.

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

Jocelyn actually looked quite lovely when she was going all Stuart Smalley in front of her mirror -- her hair was piled on her head and she had very little make-up on. And then she looked like a hag in those talking heads. And when the judge was talking about her facelift I thought it was PRE-facelift and we'd see her new better face later.

moldyfig

moldyfig

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

I keep misreading the title as Clown Chasers, not Crown Chasers.  It makes me think of the term chubby chasers, so now when I see the title I think that it's people who are sexually aroused by clowns.  Bling Bling is just a clown name and Botox works as a clown name too.