Forum Technical Issues

• Please log in to reply

1205 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 1:40 AM

Ghost posts like that have happened before in archived threads. When the thread is unarchived there's no trace of it, but something registered enough to bump up the thread. We are haunted by server ghosts.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 2:18 AM

We are haunted by server ghosts. 

It's the ghosts of banned posters, they can never rest in peace, they just continue to haunt the place they died. :-(

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 2:42 AM

Clearly, I've spent too much time in our Sci-Fi/Fantasy type boards but this...

Ghost posts like that have happened before in archived threads. When the thread is unarchived there's no trace of it, but something registered enough to bump up the thread. We are haunted by server ghosts.

…is how it should be.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:15 AM

I'm having a really hard time getting the forums to load on my work computer. I've tried using Firefox and IE. Is it just me or anyone else having an issue. I think it's the Spider-Man ad.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:26 PM

Weird. I was able to see one page of posts, but that was it. I just tried unarchiving it [Flavor of Love thread] to see if that makes a difference. Will check back.

The unarchiving hasn't taken hold. If it helps, what appears in the address line after the show name is #entry16443192. It's not a huge priority, but I'd love to be able to read through it again before it goes poof.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 1:39 PM

I e-mailed Tech about it again and will let you know what I hear. Thanks for following up.