23-7: 2013.07.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

156 replies to this topic

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

[quote]How many guys in this age group are really in THAT much of a hurry to get married?[\quote]

I was wondering about that too, since most of these guys are still in their twenties, and conventionally good-looking enough to be able to "play the field". I've dated guys who were older and less good-looking, and they still weren't "ready to settle down" (i.e. wanted to keep playing the field). And of they guys I know who did get married young, it was because they felt they had met The One, not because they had planned on marrying young.

KnoxForPres

KnoxForPres

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

That's a good point about younger guys and "The One". I still believe it takes maturity from both partners but that sense of feeling you can't imagine your life without that person can eliminate playing the field.

To be fair to all sexes, I think Emily is a victim of this too. She can get Arie to fly to North Carolina to leave a journal he wrote for her. That would make me probably tempted to stay single too unless struck by real love as described above. Which I do believe she had with Rikki Tikki Tavi's dad.

Des may end up with a ring at the end of this but I don't see the relationship lasting. I couldn't marry her because as stated here I hate how she converses. When Michael was saying how that girl cheated on him she seemed more "how do I react here and more why am I smiling" than l listening or understanding.

The more I think about it she is the not so bright friend. She's the type you keep it light and discuss where the best Mexican food in town is as opposed to talking heartbreak, sadness, fear etc because she leaves you disappointed. She'll go "yeah, that's hard" and you wonder why you even tried.

Eta I rarely have serious convos. But that one or two times each yr it's nice knowing they give a damn

Edited by KnoxForPres, Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:02 PM.

Kerri Johnson

Kerri Johnson

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 2:37 AM

Are they all models (with the exception of Zak)?

Yes - according to wetpaint, at least. Drew has been a fashion model who supported himself with runway work with the famous Ford modeling agency, and lived in Europe for a period doing modeling work. Brooks and Chris appear to have modeled less seriously, but yeah, 'right reasons'? No.           

Heh, poor Zak. Brandon(he of the constant crying) I think has modelled as well.

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Maybe if Zak would stop wearing his Ed Grimley hairdo, he could do some modeling too. He at least has a personality, not that you need one of those to have clothes draped on you.

kchoover

kchoover

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 11:34 AM

The more I think about it she is the not so bright friend. She's the type you keep it light and discuss where the best Mexican food in town is as opposed to talking heartbreak, sadness, fear etc because she leaves you disappointed. She'll go "yeah, that's hard" and you wonder why you even tried.

i think this is a perfect explanation of her...sweet and well meaning, but not super bright or deep.  I'm not even really trying to insult her by saying that either.  There are a lot worse things to be than a little dim.  I don't think she's shallow in an uncaring way...more of a harmless shallowness I guess.  Every season the conversations always seem a little shallow, but she's sticking out in my mind as especially so.  Oh well, like I said, I'd rather be a little shallow than a total b$%*h (Deann) or robot (Emily).

BranMuffin

BranMuffin

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 11:17 PM

For those curious about why people think Brooks is hot, the photo in this story helps explain it.

Ew, is that a modeling photo of Chris with an unbuttoned shirt? THIS is why I don't like him! He seems fake and arrogant. (Yes, I realize the other guys were models too. But Chris' photo is indisputably the worst, haha.)

Edited by BranMuffin, Jul 15, 2013 @ 11:20 PM.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

I think Brooks is OK in many ways, but, like, he, like, uh, he like, uh, like he can't, like, talk very, uh, well.