8-2: "Every Silver Lining" 2013.07.07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

93 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

The episode thread isn't the place to debate about what is and isn't a psycho/sociopath. Since the older threads are archived, you can start a Dexter-related psychology thread or something like that.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 6:41 PM

Vogel is also coaching the "Brain Surgeon". Here's my twist...the "Brain Surgeon" is already someone we know. Vogel said she coached serial killers before and I think it's someone we've seen for many seasons but it's been kept a secret from us. My top 2 choices would be Angel and Chief Matthews...

Mama No Life

Mama No Life

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 8:09 AM

I'm still on the fence about the Vogel storyline. I don't care for her but I like seeing reflections upon the process that created Dexter.  Her surprise that he would have liked to have some guidance after Harry died felt genuine to me.

I do applaud the show for the way they are handling the Deb storyline. Since the beginning, my concern has been focused on what would happen to Dex when Deb found out, but the show has managed to turn that on its ear by making Deb the one who is suffering.  And I think Dexter's grief for that is as real as he is capable of feeling.  It's been well done, IMO.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

If the Brain Surgeon is leaving presents to Vogel and allegedly neither she nor Dex know who the culprit is; then why not set up security cameras to catch the person leaving the presents.... duh?! Doing that in addition to going down the list of potential suspects is helpful I would presume.

I also like the idea of Vogel training serial killers and one may have been under the audience's noses the whole time. If so, then I throw my hat in on Capt. Matthews, Masuka, or Angel (He seems like such a sweetheart. Imagine if he turned out to be a serial killer too). Or even better, what if Deb has been killing people this whole time? That would be a shocker.

Edited by Bella, Jul 15, 2013 @ 4:56 PM.