2013 BET Awards: Where Ratchet Meets Hot Mess

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9 replies to this topic

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 6:49 PM

I'm only watching this mess because Chris Tucker is hosting.  He better bring the funny.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

So far, No funny.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

I think Tucker is doing a good job. That Michael Jackson stuff was pretty funny.

This wasn't as bad a show as I was expecting. They definitely cut down on the ratched.

Is Paula Patton on drugs or is that how she usually is?

Edited by PoeticJustice32, Jun 30, 2013 @ 9:34 PM.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

I can't decide if Paula Patton s drunk or not. How is she normally? Cause she looks drunk.

CharlieWilson always always kills it. They could have ended the show with his performance. That was awesome!

ETA: I take it back!! Where did they find Shabba Ranks!!!?? I haven't seen him perform in years! Took m back to my basement party days when I was cutting hooky.

Edited by Brooklynista, Jun 30, 2013 @ 10:11 PM.

After7Only

After7Only

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 1:54 PM

I think Paula was drunk.  She was acting a similarly flaky when she and Robin were intereviewed during the pre-show. 

Overall it was a pretty good show.  Chris Tucker seemed a bit unprepared.  Seems like most hosts have done some type song/dance/something bit as the opening act to get the show going.  Would have like to see him and Ice Cube as their characters on Friday.    

Kinda surprised the R. Kelly performance isn't being talked about much.  It was good, but he's no longer the star he was, and he hasn't been away from the game long enough for us to miss him.... so maybe that's why.

Loved Charlie last name Wilson.  That's how you sing live and still entertain... looking at you Mimi, Cici, and CB.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

I was expecting something more from the R. Kelly bit.  Seemed like he was just doing a run down of his greatest hits...which of course there were many.  I was expecting him to sing a new song or something.  It was a bit underwhelming to be honest.  Also, he's a pedophile.  As he was singing, I was just thinking... "hmmm, I guess he's forgiven".

The Charlie Wilson tribute was fantastic.  I couldn't remember the last time I saw India Arie....where the hell did she get that body.  I don't remember her being built like that!  Whoa. Ummm anyway, yeah, Charlie came in and killed it.

Mariah Carey should be ashamed of herself for lip syncing.  I tend to give CB and Cici passes because they are also dancers, and its incredibly hard to dance all over the stage AND hit the proper notes.  Mariah Carey is not a dancer and doesn't even pretend to be.  There is no reason why she can't sing live.

Also, with regards to CB, you could tell he was singing live in some parts, you could hear his off key notes.  I'm not sure about Cici, if she was lip-syncing, she did the best out of the 3 of hiding it.

ETA: I take it back!! Where did they find Shabba Ranks!!!?? I haven't seen him perform in years! Took m back to my

basement party days when I was cutting hooky.

That was a great surprise.  Those dancehall songs took me BACK.  Damnnn Debra Lee did her thing this year.  Overall this was a pretty good awards show.

I didn't even mind that Chris Tucker didn't have a typical song and dance skit.  He's a comedian and did what he does naturally....tell jokes (even though he has a pretty decent singing voice)..   To me even that was pretty entertaining.  And if all of what he was saying was impromptu then even more power to him.  

Edited by PoeticJustice32, Jul 1, 2013 @ 8:26 PM.

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

No way Uncle Charlie is 60...he killed it. Loved how he, Snoop, JT and Pharrell looked like they were having the best time.

And Megan Good makes me feel all stabby with how good she looked. She's such a beautiful woman.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

Did Megan Good know she was going to be presenting Best Gospel when she chose that dress with all her titties out?  My husband says I'm just

a hater.  Yeah, I'm a tad jealous they were so upright!

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 4:47 PM

I thought Megan Good was married to a minister.  It seems weird that she would have her titties out like that.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

• Interests:TV: Breaking Bad ...

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 1:39 AM

Megan Good enjoyed a JLO moment. Yes, it was a little peculiar but more power to her and her beauty.

Robin Thicke is a pleasure except his moves on stage give me second-hand embarrassment. 

I forgave Chris Tucker's monologue when he said all the celebs were late, which I imagine to mean he couldn't use what he had prepared to do it like Chris Rock at the VMAs.

Mariah looks desperate pretending she still fits into her old clothes and has her old voice. How appropriate that she was introduced as "The Amazing Mariah Carey!" like the Illusionist she's become. 

I liked seeing Michael B. Jordan get props for being an actor to watch--Chronicle was an amazing movie and he did well in it.