S10-Jasmine Harper: Legs To Infinity

• Please log in to reply

41 replies to this topic

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Synergistic Videos interview (w/Aaron): http://www.youtube.c...ayer_detailpage

They are both excited to start tour. Jasmine says her favorite moment was all the obstacles she had to overcome (together with Aaron and the other dancers, I think). She is sticking around Atlanta for awhile before thinking of moving out to LA. I adore you Jasmine - wish you had won!

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:36 AM.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Glad to see them in good spirits. I was really worried about those two after seeing their faces last night. Not to diminish Amy's win, but Jasmine is my winner for season 10. I haven't rooted for a contestant this hard in a long, long, time. She's not only a sincerely humble and sweet human being, but gorgeous and talented as hell. A rare combination in this world. I can't wait to see where she goes from here. I know there are people lined up ready to work with her. I'm just excited to see who. Expect to see me updating her thread whenever I see a new project she's in or working on!

ETA

Really good interview of Jasmine and Aaron with Nappytabs. Interesting to learn that Napoleon has known Aaron since the age of six.

Edited by Thirteenthjuror, Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:45 PM.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:10 PM

Really good interview of Jasmine and Aaron with Nappytabs.

Not stalking you, Thirteethjuror, honest!  It IS a good interview, but Synergistic Productions gets a big FAIL (and a ROTFL) for not doing their homework and posting clips from the Sean Cheesman "Mirror" routine instead of NappyTabs "Gold Rush" - which was the routine they were discussing. 

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

This is usually anothermi's territory, and I don't mean to encroach, but since there are soo many interviews this time around, I thought I'd lend a helping hand.

Dance Plug interview with Aaron: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oe42cv1WZ7o

Jasmine against talks about her journey that led up to the moment the results were announced, and she's incredibly proud of Amy and FikShun. Her thank you at the end sounded a little strange to me, lol. Like TJ was a little too effusive and Jasmine wasn't sure what to do with the praise ;) Love this girl.

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 12, 2013 @ 9:09 AM.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

Hee! Not feeling encroached upon.  I only started posting interviews because no one else was doing it and in the past I have really appreciated when people brought the interviews here so I didn't have to go search for them.  So Thank You, geeweeze,  for stepping in.  I've been busy this week and haven't even watched the show yet. (gasp)  I like it that way, though.  I hate the suspense.  Now I know who won and I can just watch the show and enjoy it without the anxiety.  

Jasmine.  You were MY winner no matter what. 

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:11 PM

Not stalking you, Thirteethjuror, honest!  It IS a good interview, but Synergistic Productions gets a big FAIL (and a ROTFL) for not doing their homework and posting clips from the Sean Cheesman "Mirror" routine instead of NappyTabs "Gold Rush" - which was the routine they were discussing.

I thought the same thing on first viewing! Why are they showing the Jazz number whilst talking about the Nappytabs number with the choreographers right there talking?! Unprofessional and poor editing mistake. I also found it telling that both Jasmine and Aaron had agreed upon "Gold Rush" as their favorite dance together, but it mysteriously didn't get added to the lineup. Nappytabs didn't sound to happy about it either, since they said it was their highlight for this season.

Her thank you at the end sounded a little strange to me, lol. Like TJ was a little too effusive and Jasmine wasn't sure what to do with the praise ;) Love this girl.

I've noticed Jasmine can be very awkward in interviews when she's getting praised. I think she's just always surprised with how much people really love her and her work. I've noticed her like that with Lexi and TJ. She's just a really humble person who I think is just now starting to grow confidence  and really starting to believe in herself. I find it so refreshing not seeing someone so cocky and just shy and humble when they could be a headache if they wanted to.

ETA

If you guys get a chance check out the After Buzz Tv Finale show with Neil. At around 42:40 he's asked about who's the strictest choreographers  to work with. I remember us talking before in this thread about Tyce and the dance he gave Neil and Jasmine and some us were waiting to hear what Neil had to say in the after show interviews about Tyce, but he never mentioned him. He has a really funny story about what it's like to work with Tyce that's worth listening to! It made my monologue in my post seem all the more accurate. Hee!

Edited by Thirteenthjuror, Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:11 PM.

realdancemom

realdancemom

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:41 PM

I love how Jasmine seems so shy and humble.  After she looked sexy and bada** in the hip-hop routine with Comfort, Nigel was about to judge.  I loved how Jasmine said "Hi" in such a shy way and with a little giggle.  She just looked so sweet.

Thirteenthjuror, I saw the AB with Neil.  I'm not surprised about what he said about Tyce.  Also, you can tell that he didn't want to say that producers don't pick the finale numbers but the way he was avoiding the question was telling.

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:51 PM

Thirteenthjuror - I copied your comment about Tyce over to the Tyce thread, if that is ok. I also linked a documentary the features him auditioning for A Chorus Line.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

realdancemom, Neil confirmed what I thought about Tyce already as well. It's just real funny how seriously he takes himself. I was so mad at him for that damn voice over in their dance. It wasn't needed and took away from an otherwise beautiful piece. I wish he would've just gave them a straight forward Contemporary piece. I was really annoyed later after the dance when I went back and looked at their package again and saw how Tyce was basically using them to further his dream of being a director. He got the mature dancers to fan wank his pipe dreams with. I would've liked to have seen Jasmine in a romantic (not angsty) type of Contemporary piece and not some social commentary one. The girl exudes love, sex-appeal and femininity and the choreographers all seemed to just want to use her for their serious pieces. Case in point; Spencer Liff saying he was excited he got two mature dancers he could create that Broadway with. "The Giving Tree," with Justin Giles. Although I did love those dances a lot. I guess it's a compliment, but I would've liked to have seen them utilize all of Jasmine's talents. Don't get me started on them dressing her up like the guys (Twitch, Ray Leeper).

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Pacific Rim Video interview: http://www.youtube.c...eQ3E9LpbUJlY3gw

Is again really proud of Amy and FikShun, is proud of her journey and feels she has no regrets. As she should feel, b/c she was amazing! ;)

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 13, 2013 @ 4:08 PM.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

Jasmine was in the hospital when the Pacific Rim Video Press interviews were done.  I don't know what the issue was but it was presented as minor and that she would be back that evening for the show at the Nokia theatre.

If anyone knows whether this was an on going issue, or anything, please let us know.  Hoping it really was minor.  

I would have loved to have heard her thoughts on the tour. 

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

She performed that night for the show. I know she got sick twice during the tour. The other time she did the whole show, but just didn't do the closing number I believe.

I thought I posted in here a couple of days ago, but I guess I'm mistaken. Jasmine just did the "Skechers" fashion show along with Fik-Shun, Lindsay, Marko and Witney I believe. She's also booked to do another Ciara video while still in LA. She hasn't been home yet and has been getting booked for jobs as soon as the tour ended.