Season 7 Wishlist

• Please log in to reply

142 replies to this topic

Zolagirl50

Zolagirl50

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 5:25 PM

Dewie, I think the thing that might be going for S7 is the whole LA/NYC split which maroons Ted, Meghan and also has the potential to maroon some of the peripheral characters we don't particularly need. 

I am curious as to what they do with Ted, since I've read Matt Weiner say he was really supposed to be a reflection, a good reflection, to "bad" Don all season.  Well, now that we got Don having an ephiphany...do we need to have "good Don" reflected back to him for another season?

Wiendish Fitch

Wiendish Fitch

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 6:41 AM

Does anyone else find the posts saying that Sally should go to Woodstock repulsive and sickening? She'd be what 14? 15 at most? Considering the hundreds of rapes that occured and yes I am talking about the original 1969 Woodtsock Music and Arts festival, I find the very idea of her going there appalling.

ITA. Besides, I can see Sally rebelling, but I don't think she'll go hippie. By the time she's old enough, the hippie movement will already be outdated. Besides, there's more than one way to rebel, you know.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 6:53 AM

I think Sally at Woodstock just gets thrown out as a suggestion/wish because she's pretty much the only regular character under 20 on the show (unless you count Glen). There were probably 15 year olds at Woodstock but most of the attendees were a few years older. But if you're interested in seeing a MM character going to Woodstock, because it was a major Sixties thing and MM covers that decade, Sally makes more sense than Joan or Bert Cooper or whoever, relatively speaking. I think the desire to place her at Woodstock is more about "hippie good times" than thinking out all the potential dangers for a girl Sally's age at such an event. Just like "Sal at Stonewall" would come up a lot, despite it being pointed out regularly that given the demographics of those known to frequent the place, it would make zero sense for Sal to be anywhere near it. Darn it, there were now-historic riots at a New York gay bar in the 1960s + there's a gay MM character = they just have to show Bob or Sal at Stonewall! Sometimes wishlist logic really doesn't go much deeper than that.

Edited by Dejana, Oct 17, 2013 @ 6:05 PM.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 7:33 AM

I'm really hoping to see a return to the central characters. Bob Benson is in Detroit. Megan and Ted are in LA (Pete needs to return to NY). There's three right there that we don't need.

inflateelevate

inflateelevate

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 5:55 PM

But if you're interested in seeing a MM character going to Woodstock, because it was a major Sixties thing and MM covers that decade,

Excellent point, but every real life event that has made it's way onto the show has been tied in to the storyline, With JFK's assassination it was Harry's bitching because there were no commercials being shown so no ad money was coming in. And more importantly, the real life events were only at the periphery of the show, they didn't crowd out the natural storylines. With Woodstock the only thing i can seei s Sally running away and Don/Megan/Betty getting more and more frantic until through some bullshit convolutions they discover she's gone to Woodstock. Cut to a scene of Sally traipsing through crowds of hippies looking increasingly out of place.

Geeni

Geeni

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 6:41 PM

I think Sally at Woodstock just gets thrown out as a suggestion/wish because she's pretty much the only regular character under 20 on the show

This. I want to see how the show would handle Woodstock. Heck, it doesn't even have to be Sally that goes. I do think it's possible that Ginsberg and Stan, and maybe even Peggy, would attend only out of curiosity -- even if they are too old. Harry may go to try to woo business (think the Rolling Stones that weren't), Roger could go because of his major "life-changing experience". Don would go if Megan drags him along.

So, to add to my wishlist, I want to see Woodstock somehow.

Bawoman

Bawoman

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

I don't think Woodstock should be covered, at least not explicitly, basically because I don't see how that be would be relevant to any of the characters, or to the premise of the show. Sally is much too young, much too sheltered and too much like Betty for her to realistically go. I'm not sure if there were many people in Woodstock that Harry would be able to suck up to, and the only way I could see the writers making Don be there is if they decide to, yet again, go down the "Don goes psychedelic and has a weird trip that gives him insight into himself" which I really don't think we need to see again. And I really don't think the ever growing Corporate Peggy would  waste her time either.

The only person I could imagine going is Stan, but again, it would have to be somehow relevant to the shows story.

Not that I don't think Woodstock was interesting, it's just that the good thing about this show is that it has steered clear of exploiting certain famous events so as not to become merely about 1960's clichés, especially if they wouldn't have realistically affected the characters in some way or other.

Edited by Bawoman, Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:14 PM.

Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 11:46 AM

I could see Roger at Woodstock. Don't do too many tabs of brown acid, dude!

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

I could get behind Peggy and Ginsberg trying to track down Stan at Woodstock in order to meet a deadline.

I have a soft spot for the times Peggy and Ginsberg are mutually disgusted over the antics of their cohorts.

LoveSupreme

LoveSupreme

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

Less Megan.  Actually NO Megan.  Send her off to LA to pursue acting and have her and Don be at the beginnings (or tail end) of a bi-coastal divorce.  Enuff of her already.

Ted.  Sigh.  I loved him and Peggy together, and I actually thought he was a great addition to the regular cast.  I'm not sure how that will play out now that they've sent him to LA, but I'm assuming he'll be back and forth periodically and I want their relationship to finally play out once and for all. But please, if they're gonna get together, let him be like the ONLY man on this show that doesn't cheat on his wife.  

ETA:  Ok wait, they already slept together, so technically he did cheat.  But he was going to end it... and then ended it with Peggy instead.  So yeah... you know what I mean.

Ginsberg. More please!  He was barely on Season 6 and I think that wit the 60s coming to a close, his character would be ripe for some late 60s shenanigans.  He and Stan can go together wherever the hell it is they're going.  Woodstock works.  Let's do that.  And am I the only one who kinda sorta wants him to get with Dawn? Maybe that's my own fantasy.  I'm a woman of color and I have a crush on Gins.  He's so my type.  Well the 2013 version of him would be my type.

Stan.  I don't want him with Peggy but I enjoy their relationship.  I actually think he'd do well out in LA.  He wanted to go anyway before Don cock-blocked him.  Send him out there.  Why not?

Pete.  Pete needs Trudy.  But what I love about Trudy is that she doesn't need Pete.  Still I'd be ok with a Pete/Trudy (Prudy?) reunion.  He's out in LA now too isn't he? 

Joanie.  I need her to find a super awesome man.  THEN I need  her and Peggy to open up their own start up agency.  And honestly I want to see more Power Joanie, like with the Mary Kay guy.  Going to dinners, picking up checks, bringing in accounts.  More of that please.

I know it's never going to happen but I'd love to see Sal at Stonewall and Paul Kinsey in LA.  Well... Sal isn't happening, but the Paul thing could be a possibility.  

Sally.  I can't even begin to imagine Sally post discovery of her father's philandering.  

Roger.  How many more times can he get married? Stop that.  But a story line with him and Jim Cutler would be awesome.  

Edited by LoveSupreme, Nov 14, 2013 @ 1:59 PM.

avaleigh

avaleigh

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

But please, if they're gonna get together, let him be like the ONLY man on this show that doesn't cheat on his wife.  

Ken doesn't cheat.

I want the show to go out with a bang in terms of fashion. I don't want Megan to get all of the good outfits either. Betty had a few good moments last season but really the fashion for her character has taken a backseat ever since Megan has been on the show. A couple of times last season I felt like Joan was trying new looks and I'd like to see her continue to do that. Sally still seems a little young for any huge fashion changes but I'd like to see what she'd where to an event with Henry and Betty or maybe a dance at her school or something like that. I'd like to see Jane make a short appearance just so that I can see her in some fabulous outfit since she never disappoints.

I would also really like to get a sense of where all of the couples that we met in the first couple of seasons are and where they're likely to be headed in the decades to follow. I want Roger and Mona to have at least one last scene together. I'd like an update on Jennifer and Harry, I want to see how Trudy handles life without Pete and see if she can get past the idea of divorce only representing failure; I want an update on Sal and Kitty even if we don't necessarily see the characters; I'd like a scene of Ken in his home life with Cynthia since they seem very happy together and that's rare for this show.

If we have to get a former mistress update like how we got with Midge then I vote for either Dr. Faye, Bobbie Barrett, or Joy from California.  

I want Stan to be the end game for Peggy. I still can't believe I've warmed to him when I previously felt that he was barely tolerable.

I'd like to see Henry and Betty making the political rounds and going to all of the right parties. 

I want to know if Don stills sees himself when he sees Nixon.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

I am bummed they killed off Anna Draper because now that Don will most likely be spending more time in LA this season, I would have loved to have seen more Anna/Dick scenes. He was always so relaxed and lost his hard edges when he was in California.

And also on that note, I feel I know enough about his sorry childhood but would really like to know more about what was behind the metamorphosis from the wide-eyed enthusiastic Don Draper of the early fifties and the hard drinking, womanizing asshole we were introduced to in 1960.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 10:13 AM

Adding one more wish to my list. BRING RACHEL BACK!! Maggie Siff's character died on the SoA season finale last night so she's hopefully footlose and fancy free to reprise her role.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Adding one more wish to my list. BRING RACHEL BACK!! Maggie Siff's character died on the SoA season finale last night so she's hopefully footlose and fancy free to reprise her role.

Perhaps Rachel could give Don a job writing in-house copy for the fur department at Menken's.

Dewie

Dewie

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

BRING RACHEL BACK!! Maggie Siff's character died on the SoA season finale last night so she's hopefully footlose and fancy free to reprise her role. 

Unfortunately, they're filming the final season now.  Unless Weiner knew in advance she'd be available, I imagine the last season scripts are written in stone by now.

Since The Crazy Ones was picked up for a full season, I wonder if this means (my wish) we will have little or no Bob Benson in the future. Unlike Allison Brie's Trudy, Bob had a lot of screentime.  If Wolk isn't available full-time, I have my fingers-crossed that means we are done with that narrative arc.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

They are only up to episode three in filming and probably haven't finished the complete season. And it's a split season. So I can always hope...

We left off with Bob Benson in Detroit. Hopefully that's where he'll stay but if they need him for a few cameos, Weiner might try to work that out. I'd rather not waste more time thoug. I am with you there. Lots of better story lines.

Dewie

Dewie

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

They are filming all fourteen episodes at once, though.  That is what is so infuriating about the split season, that the final seven episodes will be sitting there for an entire year, waiting to be seen.  (Thanks, AMC!)

If it were anyone other than Matthew Weiner, I might see the possibility for a spontaneous re-write to loop an old character back in; but given his meticulousness, and that supporting & guest actors surely have had to be contracted into their appearances at this point (meaning, to change the plotlines would have a ripple effect beyond Don Draper), I can't see him reworking the various narrative arc in any significant manner. Maybe, at best, a cameo.  

I just hope he regains some of the early season mojo.  I don't want to see the show go out on a limp note.  And I want some resolution for the core characters, especially those who were shortchanged last season (*coughJoanAvoncough*).  Things don't need to be tied up neatly in a bow or be happy; however, giving each character their due certainly isn't expecting too much *fingers crossed*.

Zolagirl50

Zolagirl50

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

*coughJoanAvoncough* sums up all of my hopes/wishlist for Season 7!!

Zolagirl50

Zolagirl50

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 11:02 AM

I'm so bored from the snowstorm that trapped us in the Northeast that I thought I'd throw out a question.  There's what we WANT to happen in the final season, and how it will ACTUALLY end.  What do you think will be the ending for all of the characters, putting yourself in Matthew Weiner's head?

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 9:36 PM

Don bangs the lady Doc after her diagnosis of his cirrhosis.

PhillyInDC

PhillyInDC

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 6, 2014 @ 7:52 AM

Last shot of the series: Don wakes up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette. (A CGI version of her, since she's not alive anymore)

Geeni

Geeni

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 7:29 PM

Realistically, I think Bert and/or Roger will die. And I think Don will end up as a copywriter under copy chief Peggy. 

Haven't figured out anyone else yet.

jackpsmithuk

jackpsmithuk

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:05 AM

to be a lot better than season six, haha.