6-2: "The Sun" 2013.06.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

131 replies to this topic

pootlus

pootlus

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 5:40 AM

I know it had to be done so Eric could glamour her, but man, that's the kind of crap that drives me crazy.

Perhaps the governor's daughter is a Stackhouse and has the fucking idiot gene?

I really did not need the bloody ifrit storyline being resurrected.  There are two interesting storylines here and they are Warlow and the vampire/human conflict.  The rest needs to be pushed to the sidelines/dropped.  I'm happy to have a 'Sam and Lala are the world's weirdest, but coolest adoptive parents to cute-as-hell Emma' sub-plot though.

The merkins are getting distracting, and I say this as a straight woman who doesn't spend a huge amount of time staring at other women's private parts.

Ben is (Glory) Warlow?  We shall see, I suppose.  Actor's hella cute though.

Edited by pootlus, Jun 25, 2013 @ 5:46 AM.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:35 AM

Who is Glory? Is that coming from the books?

Resuscitator

Resuscitator

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:45 AM

Glory = Big Bad in Buffy.

She was imprisoned in a human called Ben but took over and did evil deeds.

Ben = Glory

Lucifyr

Lucifyr

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:40 AM

Alright.. so there's a lot of question about Andy's Fae Kids aging quicker than Sookie .. what folks are missing is that Sookie is a half-fae created by a male fae breeding a human female... pseudo-scientifically the only way this could happen would be transmission of DNA.. to not put too fine a point on it.

Andy and Tinkerbell (or whatever her name was) on the other hand (human male breeding fae female) ... the children are actually full fae because they were created not by a transmission of DNA... but by a transmission of light.

Ergo we get all this fun growth spurty thing till they 'mature' and set at that age for a few centuries

ETA - please note this is me just spitballing hypotheses because there is no prior canon to this anywhere

Edited by Lucifyr, Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:43 AM.

cosmic1

cosmic1

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:26 AM

Okay, I had to go back and look at Lilith and sure enough, I missed it the first time, merkin made an appearance.  That just cracked me up.  It seems like a running joke now.  It would be a funny parody if the merkin appeared in random shots, like Where's Waldo? 

I enjoyed the episode.  The story is moving along.  Bill feeding from the blood donor was pretty freaky.  I've noticed both last week and this week that Jessica has shed real tears in her scenes with Bill before the blood tears showed up. 

So, to keep myself straight with the lineage - Grandpa Stackhouse (Adele's husband) was stuck in the land of fairie because he ate the fruit.  So, that made him part fae, correct?  Was it his father who signed the agreement with Warlow?  If so, that would make Niall, Sookie and Jason's great, great grandfather or was there another generation in there?  I think Niall said that his son was the one who signed the agreement with Warlow, but I may have misheard that.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:08 PM

We have seen vampires killing innocent twinks and hookers and reports of a dead frat house, but after seeing that vampire being dragged behind a truck and the little vampire being set on fire I hope Bill kills every last human in Louisiana.

I totally disagree. For one thing, re the former, those victims were "innocent" & "human," words that don't apply to the latter-at least, not anymore. While seeing the vamp dragged behind the truck reminded me of the late James Byrd, the similarities ended there. James Byrd didn't deserve to die; TruckVamp, otoh, probably not only had it coming, if those who were dragging him did it because they caught him attacking another innocent victim, I wouldn't be suprised. As for "Eddie Munster," he stopped being a kid to me when he killed-and ate- his parents. That's what vamps do: hunt, attack and/or kill humans for food. Many of them, like Bill, Jessica & Tara, may not have chosen who they are, but they have chosen what they do about it. If vamps have a PR problem, it's their own fault. If they don't have any rights, that's also their own fault. Roman, the head of the Authority from last season, warned his fellow vamps to watch their steps with the humans, but they didn't listen, hence Gov. Burrell's "bit[ing] back," as he put it. Bill's killing every remaining innocent human in the state would not only prove Gov. Burrell right, it'll make matters even worse for all supes.

Ditto Eric's latest plan. Declaring war on humans? Dumb. Picking a fight with Gov. Burrell? Dumber. Targeting the Governor's daughter? Dumbest. Gov. Burrell's daughter seems like an idiot who's read Twilight  a few times too many, but using her to get to her dad could and probably will backfire, big-time.

Alcide and Martha may have had a legal right to take Emma away, but how they did it was wrong, to put it mildly. Instead of fighting each other, hopefully Sam & Alcide could patch things up and  go after their real enemy: Nicole. I don't like nor trust Nicole and her willingness to "out" shifters and wolves proves to me that in her own way, she's just as evil as the supes think that Gov. Burrell is, if not more. Her ends justifiy the means attitude is hypocritical bullshit, just like her using her grandparents as an excuse. Something tells me that while they may have been just as passionate as Nicole, they never forced anyone to join their cause and they wouldn't approve of Nicole's doing so, if they were still alive. Something else tells me that Nicole might be a shifter herself. If she really believes in what she's saying, then she should risk her own ass, not others, especially Sam's.  

Edited by DollEyes, Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:08 PM.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Yes.  I think the most immediate leap is that Warlow is Vampire Adam but I hope they are more clever than that.

Actually, if God made Lilith, then Lilith is Vampire Adam, or Eve in this case. If Warlow is her progeny, then he's Vampire Cane. Or Abel. Which raises the question of why Lilith would have ever been considered a "God." It was clearly stated from the beginning that Lilith was simply the first vampire. We don't consider Adam from Genesis a God, so why would the vampires consider Lilith (or Bill now) any kind of God?

Arline

Arline

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

Ben = Glory

Are you implying that Ben and Glory are somehow related?

rissatx

rissatx

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate on this whole parallel they are drawing between racism and the vampires, and I want to make clear I only play devil's advocate because I just hate to see people lose enjoyment of a show because they can't get past one thing or another, think about it like this if you will, while yes humans are food to vampires if you go by the laws of the universe True Blood was written in apparently we humans were created after vampires by God so perhaps in that universe God meant us to be food for vampires the same way that cows are food for us.

Another thing to consider with the "baby" vampires especially is that we have seen first hand through Jessica and Tara what it is like when you are first "born" as a vampire.  It's near impossible to control your urge to feed so in a way their condition is more like a mental illness than them choosing to be "evil." I am mostly thinking of the children vampires mentioned here because they ate their parents.  Perhaps their maker didn't give them any guidance and they went home and just couldn't control their urges.  They are not only baby vampires but also have the mentality of children.

Now as far as them feeding off humans it seemed to be the goal of vampires to sustain on not just True Blood but also on willing humans to have the ability to be "out" in society and it seemed like they were living well with that arrangement with even some of them marrying humans, that was until the True Blood factories were bombed.  What would you do if suddenly your entire food supply was destroyed and you were instructed to live harmoniously with a bunch of walking hamburgers while not being allowed to take a bite?

Oh, I also don't like to assume that the vampire being drug behind a truck did anything to deserve it except be who he is.  Rednecks will be rednecks will be rednecks, unfortunately.

Edited by rissatx, Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:28 PM.

Promethea Again

Promethea Again

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 2:04 PM

He reminded me of Rob Zombie

He reminded me of one of ZZ Top. All that was missing was the guitar.

And I thought: what does Alan Moore want with Sookie?

mixedmed

mixedmed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

Oh, I also don't like to assume that the vampire being drug behind a truck did anything to deserve it except be who he is.  Rednecks will be rednecks will be rednecks, unfortunately.

Seems like an assumption on either hand though, doesn't it? Assuming that rednecks will be rednecks and that's why the vampire is being dragged behind a truck is just as presumptive as surmising that he did something and had it coming. We've seen both sides of the coin on this show, so either assumption or something in between the two could be the truth. Fact is we don't know either way.

Another thing to consider with the "baby" vampires especially is that we have seen first hand through Jessica and Tara what it is like when you are first "born" as a vampire.  It's near impossible to control your urge to feed so in a way their condition is more like a mental illness than them choosing to be "evil." I am mostly thinking of the children vampires mentioned here because they ate their parents.  Perhaps their maker didn't give them any guidance and they went home and just couldn't control their urges.  They are not only baby vampires but also have the mentality of children.

Quite true...but that argument is not gonna fly with humans though. In human law when children misbehave we usually hold their parents liable for the harm they cause. Nor are they allowed to simply run rampant because they're kids and don't know any better. In the case of the child eating his human parents, his or her maker should be held responsible for something like that. He or she created the baby vamp, so it's their responsibility to train them properly.

What would you do if suddenly your entire food supply was destroyed and you were instructed to live harmoniously with a bunch of walking hamburgers while not being allowed to take a bite?

Well, I can get vampires having trouble living amongst humans peacefully when they're starving. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that many wouldn't be able to control themselves. On the other hand, it's also perfectly reasonable that the "walking hamburgers" will get somewhat testy and defensive when they're being attacked and eaten. Vampires may see humans as walking hamburgers and cattle and that's the problem. Unlike cattle, humans can and will fight back and defend themselves. And technology is a hell of an equalizer against superior vampire strength and speed. Not to mention that humans also own the day (at least for now, who knows what other abilities Bilith haven't yet tapped into?).

Frankly, a human/vampire war is a very realistic turn of events, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

rissatx

rissatx

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

If I recall correctly I think that the books portrayed the vampires as looking at humans as cattle right?  Or was that last season?  I can't remember.  Regardless I think it would be hilarious if humans found out that humans were only created as food for vampires.

I don't think there are any good people or vampires here.  Except, funnily enough my most hated character, Sookie.

Re: The vampire being drug behind the truck.  That was kinda my point.  No one knows whether or not he did anything to "deserve it."  Frankly for me I will probably always fall on the side that it's wrong to torture any sentient being despite what they might have done.

Also it's a TV show and I figure if I didn't have a problem with the racism parallels in Xmen why have it here! :D  Just thought I'd give people a way to maybe fanwank their distaste over the racism storyline away.

Edited by rissatx, Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:00 PM.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

What would you do if suddenly your entire food supply was destroyed and you were instructed to live harmoniously with a bunch of walking hamburgers while not being allowed to take a bite?

I'm not sure that's an apt comparison because the vampires don't need to kill the people they feed off of. We've seen Bill, for example, taking someone out into the back alley, feeding off of him, then glamouring him to forget it.

Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:19 PM

What is with Lafayette having witchy powers, then not having them again, then having them again and now not... again?

Same goes for Sam and his shifting. They really need to come up with a better explaination than "it's not in the budget". You know, something in universe.

I really hope this new fae guy is playing Sookie, because I really refuse to believe another guy easily falls for Sookie's magical vagina (tm Pam.) Two vampires, a werewolf, a shifter, and now, a fae. Whose else is left? Turing Lafayette straight? Turning Jessica into a lesbian? Sheesh.

Her magic vagina will do all that and more. She'll also get the governor to love vampires by sleeping with him.

Speaking of Sookies magic vagina. My theory who Ben is has to do with it.
Isn't it interesting that Warlow was only interested in a female fary descendent? I think Ben is also from some royal line. Maybe Niall is even also his great great great great great great grandfather.
Now Warlow sends him out to soduce Sookie and put a bun in her offen, thus creating a super-fairy with which's blood he can daywalk forever. And since he owns the mother he also owns what's inside of her.

So Sookie has the power to kill any vampire but if she does so she becomes human. ( Is this the last season? That seems like a series wrapping up plot device )

You can be sure that there will be some kind of MacGuffin that will restore her light. Maybe it's the super baby I mentioned above sharing it's light with her or something.

They can't have it both ways, if faeries age extremely slowly, then why are Andy's kids aging extremely fast? I hate it when shows don't keep track of their own mythology.

I don't really mind. Maturing and aging are not necesserily related.

Edited by Miles Prower, Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:26 PM.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:39 PM

Ben = Glory

Thank you for explaining the reference and the comparison.

pennywit

pennywit

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

Another user upstream hit the nail on the head regarding the problems with the vampire dislike == racism, homophobia, etc., that the show has been taking: We just haven't seen that many Friendly Neighborhood Vampires in this series.  Even most of the ostensibly friendly (i.e., not "I'm trying to eat you now") vampires have turned out to have hidden agendas.    

LucyWestenra

LucyWestenra

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

I found this episode kind of boring, but thought (hope?) it was setting up something better.

I LOVE to see manipulative Eric. No puppy dog for me, I like to see him maneuvering politically, which he must be good at in order to be sheriff, and I actually love Nora so I like them teamed up and it's fascinating for me to see what will happen. And Bill is actually interesting again, so another good point for the season so far.

Re the vamps vs humans, humans vs vamps. Yes, it totally makes sense for humans to react the way they do when faced with an enemy like the vampires. But then juxtaposed with the wanton cruelty of human beings, (and let's face it, we have lots) such as the dragging of a vamp behind a car and the other torture we've seen, I think it is meant for us to question that position. Because it totally makes sense for vampires to behave as they do, enslaving humans and attempting to run the world. How can we deny that when that is how we as a species consistently treat any other species or races we deem inferior or mere servants to us.

We keep cows on farms as food, indifferent to their feeling, using arguments such as: we need to eat them in order to live, or that God intended them as food, or they don't feel or think like we do, or just because we can. And I say that as a meat eater and not an animal rights activist. Vampires see things exactly the same way. So ultimately they are behaving no differently than we do.

To me, the point of watching this show is not really to root for vampires or humans, but to watch my loyalties shift and ask myself why. And to hope for peaceful coexistence between the two species, even knowing that it will be difficult or impossible given the innate dispositions of the two. I don't see it as a competition as to who is morally superior, because history is never like that, it is just about who will win. History is written by the victors.

I also was thinking Ben was Warlow. Warlow enters our plane and all of a sudden Sookie meets a handsome stranger? Yes, he was out in the day and appeared to have light of his own, but we've seen vampires do both of those before, both when consuming a lot of faerie blood. So it is not impossible.

If that turns out to correct, major, major props to the writers for the "Ben is Glory" callback.

I usually hate all faerie storylines in the show or the books for that matter. But Niall seems pretty badass, so he gets a pass from me.

I'm a True Blood addict, so I am waiting for the next episode, and hope not to be disappointed in the season the way I was last season.

pootlus

pootlus

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:49 PM

Even most of the ostensibly friendly (i.e., not "I'm trying to eat you now") vampires have turned out to have hidden agendas.

Jessica's about the straightest vampire and even she's killed people (by her own admission in that wonderful prayer sequence in this episode).  The rest of them basically don't give a monkey's about humans as a whole (which is fine with me, I've about had enough of mopey vamps).  I'd say it's an age thing only Steve Newlin was pretty gung-ho about eating people and he was fresh out of the grave - that said he was pretty screwed up even as a human.

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

• Interests:I'm a female of the species - what species, I'll leave up to you. Just to clarify my name since it makes people think I'm a boy...it's not Zane like rain, but Zanne like fan.

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

We keep cows on farms as food...Vampires see [humans] exactly the same way. So ultimately they are behaving no differently than we do.

The major flaw to this argument is that we weren't once cows. We don't look, speak, interact, or procreate with cows. Vampires, however, do all of that with humans - and by procreate I mean not only the act of sex, but taking humans and turning them into vampires. We can't turn cows into humans, and most of the mentally stable population doesn't have sex with them, so it's not comparable. Society tends to look at cannibalism as unacceptable, and vampirism really is just an extension of that. True, vampires might not see humans as equals, but that's flawed perception on their part since vampires and soylent green share a similar characteristic - they both were once people.

TheAesthete

TheAesthete

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:29 AM

Zanne makes a point I've been wanting to make as I've read over this thread. It drives me bats when vampires on this show or others are referred to as a separate "species," when they've explicitly been shown time and again to be the same species with something added (curse, blessing, virus, demon, etc) or taken away (life, soul, self control, etc). Occasionally a show, movie, or book will have a mythology where vampires really are a separate species (Fledgling, Underworld, Priest, etc), but that's not the case here. This is very important to how far you can push the parallels to real world bigotry. You can take Steve Newlin, abduct him, torture him, and finally turn him into a vampire for yuks and dramatic irony, but you can't turn Paula Deen into a black person, no matter how hard you try.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the jokes about Ben and Glory because so much of my frustration with this episode and the last, and indeed all of last season, has been about escalation. On Buffy, the big bads kept getting bigger because the show was about The Chosen One, and when you've seen The Chosen One beat the most powerful vampire ever, you want to see her fight a god. And when you've seen her fight a god, you want to see her fight the incorporeal source of all evil. What I loved about True Blood in the first few seasons (and the first six or seven books) was that Sookie, while she had some supernatural abilities, wasn't The Chosen One. She was a waitress, and her shapeshifter buddy owned a bar. And they knew some vampires. And werewolves. And were panthers, were marsupials, were tigers and other beasties. And they occasionally stumbled across a witch, and trouble ensued.

Now our characters who are supposed to be based out of a small town in northern Louisiana are dealing with apocalyptic events, facing down ancient witch ghosts and interacting with the top-rung leadership of their faction, and becoming vampire messiahs. The novels are genre benders, and they're about 30% romance novel; the show started out as silly, soapy fun. The show simply wasn't built to support the kind of grandiosity and pomposity it's escalated to. Jessica praying was absolutely the most emotionally resonant moment of the episode, but it's a huge problem for me that she was praying to her own "father" because he's become a god.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:28 AM

I don't think there are any good people or vampires here.

To me, Jason is a good person, and Andy and Holly try to be as well as Terry and Arlene. Lala is a good person. Emma is a good person. Sam has his moments (but can also be ruthless, he had to get something from his parents I guess.) Even Eric, from his context and history, tries to be 'good' - for a Viking I guess.

To me, Bill actually is the one who betrays himself and his loved ones over and over again...he's blamed his past on his maker but now he's a sociopathic killer all over again. Now (Bill is implying) it's Lilith's fault. I mean that poor blood doll probably had some kids or an elderly parent at home her money was supporting. She had the sense to try to leave but, Billith was too strong for her (and yet still did not spilleth. Vampire Bounty commercial?)

I've been waiting for a vamp-human war a while; vampires are not that sympathetic to me, since they don't have to kill, but do. They are often unnecessarily cruel or selfish. They seem to select who to turn based on those qualities, even. Jessica is the exception; she was chosen as punishment. Her prayer for all of them shows who she really is. And, she could (still) feel sorry for Bill despite seeing what he is capable of (in the blood doll scene.)

Jason is a good guy, just very lost and hurting, I think. He thinks Sookie is mentally ill and yet he doesn't shun her; he was right back at her house to help her. I have a very hard time figuring out Sookie's motivations most of the time. Jason's is family I think; but I think now that he has stopped being Mr Ladies' Man he's floundering for his own identity. Maybe Grandpa Niall will be able to get him to put down the guns long enough to figure that out. 

I loved this episode for emphasizing the fairies; other than the Cirque du Soleil night club, I enjoy them.

pennywit

pennywit

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 6:05 AM

The show simply wasn't built to support the kind of grandiosity and pomposity it's escalated to. 

I think you just summed up how this show lost its way.  I didn't mind the characters interacting with Russell Edgington the first time around.  If a villain carries around his dead lover in a crystal soup tureen, he's OK in my book.  But aside from that ...

I really wish we could see more of the sort of cracked-out subplots that made me watch this show in the first place.  Hapless Andy Beleflour getting way, way over his head with his faerie lover.  Jason Stackhouse and the inbred hillbilly werepanthers.  Lafayette getting possessed by the ghost of a long-dead woman.  Even the ifrit subplot, as much as it detracted from the show's main plots, at least kept to a human scale.  

If I had to pinpoint something specific that sent this show off the rails, I'd say it's Bill becoming king of Louisiana.  The minute he did that, he stopped being "Vampire Bill" and became "Bill, Vampire politician."  

This week's episode exacerbated that.  Bill Compton isn't just "Vampire KIng BIll."  He's "Bill Compton, Vampire Messiah."  And the whole show has gone to such an epic level that it's forgotten its roots as a show about kooky small-town residents dealing with the supernatural that lives on their front porch.

rese1975

rese1975

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:08 AM

It drives me bats when vampires on this show or others are referred to as a separate "species," when they've explicitly been shown time and again to be the same species with something added (curse, blessing, virus, demon, etc) or taken away (life, soul, self control, etc).

This makes me wonder why the show never went with the plotline of trying to make the vampires human again. Since they like to draw parallels to real-life bigotry, it coould be akin to how some places and people try to "dehomosexualize" gays, with some added science of course. I am not advocating they do it. Something like that might change the whole dynamic of the show. I am just surprised that, with all the places this show has went, this has never been touched upon.

TheAesthete

TheAesthete

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:49 PM

And the whole show has gone to such an epic level that it's forgotten its roots as a show about kooky small-town residents dealing with the supernatural that lives on their front porch.

One of the things that was great about the early seasons was the uncertainty. The characters were like, okay, so vampires are real, but does that mean I have to believe in magic? Can't the crazy exorcist lady in the woods still be a con artist?

This makes me wonder why the show never went with the plotline of trying to make the vampires human again. [. . .] I am not advocating they do it. Something like that might change the whole dynamic of the show

I would love it if the last season of the show was the aftermath of the vampires becoming human again. It would bring everything back to, as pennywit put it, "human scale." We saw this episode that the governor has some unexpected tech at his disposal. Who knows what he might have up his sleeve?

rissatx

rissatx

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

Does anyone think that these things, torturing of vampires, mass executions etc, wouldn't happen if this scenario was real?

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

• Interests:I'm a female of the species - what species, I'll leave up to you. Just to clarify my name since it makes people think I'm a boy...it's not Zane like rain, but Zanne like fan.

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:02 PM

Does anyone think that these things, torturing of vampires, mass executions etc, wouldn't happen if this scenario was real?

Since such violence happens human-on-human throughout history - recent history, even - I think it's entirely possible. You just need the right politicians and enough of the population that is scared/angry.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

What is with Lafayette having witchy powers, then not having them again, then having them again and now not... again?

I hope it stays as not, I hated that entire storyline, it ruined the character for me. I prefer Lafayette as a 100% human gay man without anything mystical about him.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

The "vampires as metaphor for oppressed peoples" and related discussions are getting broader than the episode. It's a great discussion, but please continue in the Real World Problems thread. Thanks!

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

I LOVE manipulative Eric. No puppy dog for me. I like to see him politically maneuvering politically, which he must be good at in order to be sheriff. And I actually love Nora so I like them teamed up and it's fascinating for me to see what will happen.

Not me. I like "manipulative" Eric too, but only when he's smart about it, like when he infiltrated the Fellowship Of the Sun HQ in S2, but not only is this latest scheme not smart, it's arguably the dumbest thing he's done that's not Sookie-related, plus he's not Sheriff anymore, which means he has no political power. If Eric wants to convince Gov. Burrell to change his mind about vamps, infiltrating his house, insulting him, trying to glamour him and using the Governor's daughter aren't the best ways to do it. As for Nora, she & Eric may be getting along for now, but if she tries to hurt Sookie, that could change in record time.

Energiya Buran

Energiya Buran

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

I hope it stays as not, I hated that entire storyline, it ruined the character for me. I prefer Lafayette as a 100% human gay man without anything mystical about him.

I haven't seen any inkling of magical (witchy) Lafayette in any epi yet...thought there'd be some here during the fight scene, but no. Unless I missed it-seems he's not showing any signs of it.

I wonder if the Govenor will try and develop something to stop the Vampire's ability to fly (now that he knows about it). Special contacts for the glamoring, well played.

edited to figure out the quote w/in quote; it's been a while since I've posted!

Edited by Energiya Buran, Jun 27, 2013 @ 11:22 AM.