Pretty Wicked Moms

• Please log in to reply

109 replies to this topic

centraltexas

centraltexas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

Nicole Alpha Mom reminds me of Lynne from RHOC, minus the weird eye.
I agree, Meredith looked ridiculous with that wig and getup, she is trying too hard to fit in with the mean girls, her comment about wanting to kick Miranda in the face, was uncalled for and came out of nowhere.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:54 AM

The stupid really burned in this episode.  The "highlight" being that c-section conversation.  "Did they cut the cord?"  Also, as someone who gave birth naturally, let me assure you, you can bounce without peeing your pants.  And while I don't begrudge any woman making whatever childbirth decisions she deems necessary, you lose me when you say you chose an elective c-section because the baby comes out prettier.  

Word on wanting to take a power washer to the makeup on these women.  I'm guessing "less is more" is not something these women have ever heard or understood. 

I loved Nicole B rolling her eyes on the phone when Emily called to invite her to "a surprise event."  

I feel like Meredith is too naive for this group.  Someone more aware of what kind of viper Emily is would have known that telling her about the wedding video and how much you don't want to see it was like waving a red flag in front of a bull.  No way she wasn't going to try to force you to watch it.  

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 7:45 AM

Totally agree w/ the other moms that is was creepy for Ledger to be Prince Charming to his mom's Cinderella. Dad should have been the Prince...Ledger could have been one of those cute, little mice.

Emily is just the worst mom on the show to me. Sleeps in late, never spends time w/ her daughter. Drops her off at daycare (keep calling it "School" if that makes you feel better, but she's TWO!) so she can play in the closet w/ her BFF.....AGAIN. Picks her up late from "school". Etc. etc.

I really think Emily and Nicole's relationship is too much. They match all the time, Nicole is constantly kissing Emily's ass, they spend way more time w/ each other than w/ their husbands. This is what? The third episode? And I just now realized Nicole even had a husband.

Nicole B. needs to chill w/ the healthy-mom preaching. I get it. I am pretty strict about sugar myself. I don't say NEVER, like her - but my kids only get candy on holidays and special occasions. I've only given juice once or twice - when they're sick. But I don't go around bragging about it to other moms. It would be one thing if they ASKED, but she just likes to insert it. Chill, lady. Not to mention, you were doing shots and alcohol has sugar in it!

Emily has got to me the most uneducated woman in all of ATL. If I had been there for her c-section boasting, it would have been hard not to smack her. First of all, not all babies born vaginally have coneheads - none of mine did. But I would place being healthy above looking "pretty", and when you are allowed to labor the body produces hormones that get baby's lungs going. So.....same thing w/ being "loose" down there. The body is amazingly resilient. Also, the leaking pee thing doesn't necessarily have anything to do w/ delivery, but w/ baby being on your bladder at the end of pregnancy, having to go a lot, and just getting generally relaxed. So yea, shut your dumb trap.

Even her husband is always making faces like he can't believe what a moron he married.

Ok, did anyone else not really believe Meredith's story? It just seemed like bad acting to me. I mean, why would her husband really go along w/ that????

And she looked better before the make-over. But welcome to the dangly-earring club, darling.

Edited by ghoulina, Jun 19, 2013 @ 7:50 AM.

parisprincess

parisprincess

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 7:56 AM

I am still SMH over last night's episode.  Merideth tells Emily and her minion something very personal from her past and, after giving her the makeover, they put together a party, not only to reveal her new look, but share her story with the whole group.  THEN they announce they're going to show the wedding video that she made clear she didn't want to see.  First of all, Merideth should smack her husband for giving those morons the video and then smack herself for sharing personal information with two such airheads.  After seeing Merideth's meltdown at the party, I had to laugh at Dumb and Dumber being so proud and congratulating themselves on the ride home.

I had no idea that voting a straight party ticket meant that gay people get a different ballot - lol!  I can't believe the men didn't bust out laughing listening to those two discuss filling out the ballot.  Surely that scene was scripted because Emily can't really be that clueless......can she? 

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

I had no idea that voting a straight party ticket meant that gay people get a different ballot - lol!  I can't believe the men didn't bust out laughing listening to those two discuss filling out the ballot.  Surely that scene was scripted because Emily can't really be that clueless......can she?

I don't think her husband found it funny. I think he was seriously disturbed he married, and made a child with, such a moron.

And I DO think she is that clueless. Did you hear her trying to describe car races? "When the car drives....real....fast". WTF?

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 8:53 AM

Word to everything that ghoulina said.

These women? Man, oh man.  They drain me through my TV screen.

Emily is a nitwit and mean spirited.

Meredith did not need a makeover, especially not those veneers or the Emily earrings!!!  I HATE those earrings!!

Nicole spends more time with Emily especially since she lives in Alabama and Emily lives in Georgia.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

Meredith did not need a makeover, especially not those veneers or the Emily earrings!!!  I HATE those earrings!!

I was totally with Miranda's talking head about how weird it is to make someone over to look exactly like you.  And that whole "you can only get noticed when you enter a room if you're blonde" thing?  Someone better alert Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox (off the top of my head, I could go on and on) that nobody has noticed them. 

Just the whole concept from start to finish - approaching someone and saying "you need a makeover" through to giving one that makes her look just like you, down to the exact same earrings, is just gross and self-indulgent.  

Ladle

Ladle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:54 PM

Which 1980's movie star does Meredith remind me of?  It's driving me nuts... Julie Hagerty?

MrsSmartyPants

MrsSmartyPants

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 9:05 AM

Which 1980's movie star does Meredith remind me of?  It's driving me nuts... Julie Hagerty?

I was thinking Julie Piekarski - She was on Facts of Life and Different Strokes.

msladybird

msladybird

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:08 PM

This is one of those shows where I watch and think "I can't believe people openly say this shit when they know they're going to be shown saying it on TV."   So many awful superficial bitchy women.  Emily is definitely the worst, though.  I'm guessing she's just not that into her husband beyond whatever social/economic advantage there was to marrying him, and now that she's gotten a baby out of him, she's done.  

The really horrifying part is, I'd imagine most people would put what they think is their best face forward if they were being filmed.  If that's the case here, can you imagine what horrors of their personalities they're holding back here?? 

" " " This!

I totally hate myself for watching this and I'm struggling to find even a tiny reason why I am.

It's so like "Big Rich Texas" in that you watch open mouthed that ANYONE would think that being portrayed as a vapid, uneducated, stuckup biatch is a good thing.

Just as I hated Mary and all of them in BRT except Bonnie who provided just enough crazy, I'm struggling to think why I have now watched 3 episodes of this trainwreck. That makeover that Emily and her lapdog were so proud of, combined with attempting to air the poor woman's wedding video?? pluuurease. This is so overscripted it's literally untrue.

Why don't their husbands refuse to take part? If my wife was making a total ass of herself, I'm sure I'd distance myself pronto. I think that mrladybird would even now be filing for a divorce.

I'm going with the reasoning that watching this bunch of idiots makes me proud of my own semi normal life. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I do agree that it makes The Real Housewives look Emmy Award winning material.

MrsSmartyPants

MrsSmartyPants

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 7:56 PM

To me, Emily is the absolute WORST.  

I feel like she's acting dumb because she thinks it's "cute" (See: Simpson, Jessica in Newlyweds) 

She's a grown woman with a business (which I'm assuming is somewhat successful) and she can't figure out voting?  Or that the sooper dooper fast carsy warsy is a RACE CAR !? 

She needs to have several seats. 

meggieveggie

meggieveggie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

Oh Emily.

She looks exactly like a Rock of Love girl. Her poor Opie husband seems like such a nice guy to be saddled with such a pile of crazy. I don't know what is more hilarious, that she wears matching earrings with her simple minded dog mommy shadow, or that she named her child Amzie. I like the crapping dogs. They've got her number.

I looked at the official website bios, each of which have piles of personal photos attached. SimpleNicole seems to have always had a dog obsession--or else Sommer has lived forever.

How do the men put up with these women?

gracie1980

gracie1980

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 21, 2013 @ 2:44 AM

I'm from the same hometown as Emily is. I can't speak for the rest, but she named Amzie for her great-grandfather Amzie.

MacabreParlor

MacabreParlor

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

I really like Emily and Nicole. They are fun and sweet and their friendship is nice to watch. They say stuff I am thinking about the other moms. I really appreciated how they wanted to do something nice for Meredith and were so supportive of her. They had the best intentions with the wedding tape. Hopefully Meredith will be able to watch it someday, that is so sad. She looked so thrilled with her makeover. 

Nicole B seems like she is on some type of medication. She is so one note and dull. She is one of those mommier than thous that I really can't stand. Miranda is just a past her prime mean girl. I don't care for her at all. She looks really familiar though, was she on another reality show?

EmeraldRose

EmeraldRose

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:51 AM

Emily is disgusting.   Queen of the mean,  narcissistic girl personified.

Edited by EmeraldRose, Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:53 AM.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:56 AM

EmeraldRose, I agree. I can't stand her. What kind of mother has a panic attack at the thought of taking care of their own child for a week?
And her job is more important than his?! I hope she gets dry socket one day after her husband finally leaves her, and her dentist tells her to just suffer because his wife had to sell somebody some ugly ass earrings.
She's disgusting.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

Oh Emily, how I hate thee, let me count the ways:

1. You show more emotion over your nanny leaving than anything else we've seen this season. You act like watching your OWN child for a few days is the worst possible nightmare. And you act like your nanny just told you about your vacation at the last possible minute, and you are totally left in the lurch. "Luckily" your BFF just happened to be there. HAHA! Who are we kidding? That broad is ALWAYS there.

2. You can't understand how your husband's job IS more important than yours, when it comes to people NEEDING their teeth fixed. No one needs your tacky clothes and dangly gold earrings.

3. You think your daughter is so amazing that people would WANT her snot on them. Never mind that's how illness is spread.

4. You give your daughter freaking COKE in a sippy cup! And refuse to listen to your husband, the dentist, on why that is so bad for her.

5. You let your daughter walk around w/ a pacifier in her mouth all the time. If she still needs it for comfort at bedtimes, I'm not going to judge. But several times I have heard her trying to speak with it in - that is going to effect her speech and the development of her teeth. It just basically boils down to Emily being a lazy parent, because she's so uninvolved.

6. I am pretty sure she is using her kid to avoid intimacy w/ her husband. I'm not sure why. Pete seems like a nice guy and he's not bad looking. But he had to BEG to get his bed back w/ his wife, and even then she wanted to go sleep in the baby's room. I'm just not that convinced it's about Amzie, since she can't wait to get away from her during the daytime. I'm not sure what the problem is, but something else is going on there.

Emily's dad was awesome! How did he raise such a brat???

Not really much else to talk about this episode. I'm over Nicole and her dog. How was it even allowed into that kiddy gym? Gross. I bet her husband has a bevvy of girlfriends back home. She is NEVER there.

I thought it was hilarious how Miranda got knocked down a few pegs at the casting, and that her son behaved so much better for the random mom. She obviously has zero control over him.

arejay

arejay

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:21 AM

So where was Meredith this episode, undoing the makeover?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:48 AM

Dear God, let's hope so.

Ladle

Ladle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:15 PM

I am far from a health nut, but does Amzie eat anything that's not crap?  Wow.

Miranda is just a past her prime mean girl. I don't care for her at all. She looks really familiar though, was she on another reality show?

I keep having the same thought, that I have seen her before.  Maybe it's because she looks a little like Neale, from Most Eligible Dallas.

MiniMama

MiniMama

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:20 PM

Well, I know the only platform I have to make a judgement is based on a (probably scripted) reality show but.....I think Emily is a piece of shit. She's appears to be less than worthless as a mother and wife. She has a college degree, a nanny, an ever present friend, and in all likelihood a housekeeper and assorted other helpers yet she can't manage to feed her child? Amzie is nothing but another accessory for that woman. She's a waste of space and air. I hope her husband hot foots it out of there with the kid and the nanny.

I also hate the way she talks...it's like she opens her mouth way too wide.

Edited by MiniMama, Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:22 PM.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

I am far from a health nut, but does Amzie eat anything that's not crap?  Wow.

Coke, Fruit Loops, and was she giving her in the office to pacify her?

I also hate the way she talks...it's like she opens her mouth way too wide.

I cannot stand it. Sounds very valley girl w/ a southern accent, to me.

RacheltheGreat

RacheltheGreat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

So it turns out I know Miranda's sister.  Small world.  No good dirt to dish but I can say this is her first reality show.

Can these women stop with the "our husbands are friends so we have to spend time together" crap.  No, you don't.  My husband has plenty of friends with wives I don't really like.  We tolerate each other at parties, etc; but we're not planning girl's nights and play dates.  I have my own friends for that and so do they.  Just own up to it ladies, the only reason you see each other is because you were cast on a reality show together.

Speaking of fake, am I supposed to believe that Miranda was in full Cinderella costume at 6:30am?

It just basically boils down to Emily being a lazy parent, because she's so uninvolved.

To be fair, Amzie has two parents and Pete doesn't seem all that inclined to take it away either.

Edited by RacheltheGreat, Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:45 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:56 PM

6. I am pretty sure she is using her kid to avoid intimacy w/ her husband. I'm not sure why. Pete seems like a nice guy and he's not bad looking. But he had to BEG to get his bed back w/ his wife, and even then she wanted to go sleep in the baby's room. I'm just not that convinced it's about Amzie, since she can't wait to get away from her during the daytime. I'm not sure what the problem is, but something else is going on there.

I think you're right.  I would be shocked if she didn't marry him because he made a good accessory husband - he's attractive and he makes money (and he seems to generally just roll his eyes and let her get her way over most stuff, this episode being the exception).  Then she slept with him enough to get her daughter accessory, so now she's pretty much done with him except for his ability to pump money into the household and appear on her arm as her accessory husband when needed. 

She made the mistake of laying down and now she can't lift her head for the weight of those damn earrings.  

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:04 PM

To be fair, Amzie has two parents and Pete doesn't seem all that inclined to take it away either.

Well, we've seen how Emily reacts when he tries to get involved. At dinner he was insisting she not give Amzie the soda, and she made a big deal out of it and kept placing the cup in front of her. She seems like a real pill to deal with, and I'm guessing as a dentist has probably HAS said something to her but she wears him down. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the paci out when she's not there, and also doesn't give the kid soda. Those two seem like a couple who REALLY did not discuss parenting methods before getting married and deciding to have kids.

Speaking of fake, am I supposed to believe that Miranda was in full Cinderella costume at 6:30am?

Or how about the fact that both her and Emily were shown "just waking up" with full make-up and hair done. Please. I'm not going to expect reality shows to be 100% real, but I would like to see moms looking like normal moms. I look a hot mess when I wake up!

Edited by ghoulina, Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:07 PM.

arejay

arejay

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

Did anyone else think that Wonky-Eyed Nicole was a little more hurt than she let on by her Hubby essentially laughing at her returning to modeling?  As an aside, she surely has some beautiful shiny hair.  

centraltexas

centraltexas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 12:10 AM

Meredith's eyelashes are very disturbing to me, are they real? if they are fake she needs her money back, they are 4 times the length they should be and just look crazy.

She doesn't seem mentally stable to me, maybe it's the brain injury?

I don't know, it just sees odd that she would be in a horrible accident, where she developed amnesia, but went ahead and got married 3 days later...something is off with that story.

jellowslr

jellowslr

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 6:37 AM

Miranda is just a past her prime mean girl. I don't care for her at all. She looks really familiar though, was she on another reality show?

This was driving me crazy too....she looks like the rock of love chick Brandy

http://www.vh1.com/p...262&pid=2486592

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 8:13 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who leaves my husband a detailed list when he has to watch the kids. And I've never even done a weekend away, just maybe a day trip.

Speaking of....I have never taken a girls trip. If I can get  a weekend away from the kids, it's WITH my husband. But is it really common to sit around and bash your husband with a group of girls? I have NEVER in my life done that. There may have been an occasion when I've been upset and confided in one girlfriend. But a giant smack-talking session? So not cool. And that Nicole B REALLY seems to hate her husband. I'm sure he will appreciate seeing all of this.

I also still like to look nice for my husband, and never "dress" for my girlfriends. Maybe I'm weird. Or maybe these ladies are.

It was nice to see a girls trip without all the fighting, but I just have to imagine if the GUYS took a trip like that and were flirting w/ other women and trashing their wives - it would not be received well.

Other random thoughts on the trip:

Why don't people get bidets? This happens a lot on these shows. Is it all a joke? I am far from luxury. I have never stayed anywhere nicer than a La Quinta. I have never seen a bidet in real life. But I know what one is and how you use it.

Emily - you're so glad to get away from the husband and kid? You're ALWAYS away from them! And you call Pete distant? You run away to your store (that he probably financed) every chance you get and you make him sleep in another room!!! You can't even remove your BFF from your side long enough to kiss your husband. Shoot, every woman on that trip got their psychic reading alone, but Emily and Nicole had to get theirs together.

Naked sushi is awkwarrrrrrd.

As for the dads, I love seeing their segments! They all seem really good w/ the kids. Especially Pete. I'm not sure what that green stuff was that he gave her, but so glad to see him saying no to the "Coca".

I can't figure out his black eye story, though. Was he lying to Emily because he didn't want to look like a punk for getting beat up on the playground? Or was he lying to his buddy because he didn't want to admit he caved and let Amzie in the bed with him?

lvmom

lvmom

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

I love that we have a show where everyone traveled, drank copious amounts of alcohol and GOT ALONG! Gasp! I sure hope this show gets good enough ratings that they don't go into "Naked Wasted" (RHOC) territory.

The women all look great, and a lot of what they do is overly thought out(maybe the show is very scripted IRL) , but it's lighthearted fun with a tiny bite,imo. I mean, how many people do we know dis someone (Skank for Swank) and then play sugar sweet to our faces?

Edited by lvmom, Jul 3, 2013 @ 12:41 PM.