Under The Dome

• Please log in to reply

2784 replies to this topic

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 3, 2014 @ 2:54 PM

The dome can do anything the writers want it to, remember they had that big storm that happened and no one except the dome kids cared about it.

Yeah, there's that.

But I should have checked the weather for Wilmington, NC first.  No snow, but they are predicting ice pellets Tuesday.  Highs for the week averaging low-to-upper 50s...God, how I envy them (except for the ice pellets, of course.)

I really should research things before posting them.

Anyway, a special visitor was on the set today: http://www.whosay.co...tw&code=SLe7V8K

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 4:48 PM

For today's pointless Under the Dome news, the title for the season two premiere episode will be "Head's will roll".

http://www.spoilertv...iere-title.html

My guess is the gallows won't work, so Big Jim has the town build a guillotine for Barbie instead.  It's official - Big Jim is now the Queen of Hearts.  They have Linda try it out and she ends up doing a killer impression of Marie Antoinette after October 16 1793.  In the meantime, Barbie escapes. 

And the men cry out.  And the girls cry out.  And the men cry out. And the girls cry out.  And the men cry out.  Oh, no.  And there's glitter on the wet streets and silver over everything.  And the glitter's all wet.  And you walk home.

In related (less snarky) news, Dean Norris had a picture taken with Baylee Wheeler, the little girl behind Prayers for Baylee.  It really is sweet:

https://twitter.com/...0312961/photo/1

Edited by bmoore4026, Mar 7, 2014 @ 5:14 PM.

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

For today's pointless Under the Dome news, the title for the season two premiere episode will be "Head's will roll".

http://www.spoilertv...iere-title.html

Not that it matters since the characters are completely brain dead in this show.

In related (less snarky) news, Dean Norris had a picture taken with Baylee Wheeler, the little girl behind Prayers for Baylee.  It really is sweet:

https://twitter.com/...0312961/photo/1

That's really sweet of him.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 6:24 PM

So I finally fell for it, and watched the last two episodes. This show is so incredibly stupid, I can't believe it is coming back next season. Why? Staring at the camera is not acting. Barbie has escaped death while handcuffed something like 6 or 7 times. Jr. is getting treated like a normal character instead of one who kidnapped a woman. That stupid kid and his big head and Norrie and her big head just grate. The townspeople are even annoying and pointless. And everything was hunky dory with the dome until it blacked out? Sure buddy. There is no point to it, no real explanations, no real "a-ha" moments, no clever explanations of existing phenomena, and only hints of anything actually cool.

I figured since I want to watch Extant, which will be coming on after this show, I think, that I'd catch up. But it just made me wonder how on earth this show has the gall to show up on my television set again. It is a crime against humanity that this show is on the air, while Firefly isn't, and that this show will end up having more televised episodes. I'm trying to think of a sci-fi show that came on television that was worse than this, and I don't think I can do it.

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:13 PM

So I finally fell for it, and watched the last two episodes. This show is so incredibly stupid, I can't believe it is coming back next season. Why? Staring at the camera is not acting. Barbie has escaped death while handcuffed something like 6 or 7 times. Jr. is getting treated like a normal character instead of one who kidnapped a woman. That stupid kid and his big head and Norrie and her big head just grate. The townspeople are even annoying and pointless. And everything was hunky dory with the dome until it blacked out? Sure buddy. There is no point to it, no real explanations, no real "a-ha" moments, no clever explanations of existing phenomena, and only hints of anything actually cool.

I figured since I want to watch Extant, which will be coming on after this show, I think, that I'd catch up. But it just made me wonder how on earth this show has the gall to show up on my television set again. It is a crime against humanity that this show is on the air, while Firefly isn't, and that this show will end up having more televised episodes. I'm trying to think of a sci-fi show that came on television that was worse than this, and I don't think I can do it.

I want to see if a tv show can get even worse than this, I've seen many disappointing high concept dramas that wasted a perfectly good concept like this.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:18 PM

I thought the show was sort of fun in a stupid and campy way until midway through the season (I'm thinking with the appearance of Maxine), which basically rendered all the characters idiotic and unlikeable, with Big Jim and the "Dome" playing them all like marionettes.  I'm not sure what is the point in being invested in any of the characters "good" characters when they'll just be killed off anyway. 

Edited by Camera One, Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:18 PM.

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:24 PM

I thought the show was sort of fun in a stupid and campy way until midway through the season (I'm thinking with the appearance of Maxine), which basically rendered all the characters idiotic and unlikeable, with Big Jim and the "Dome" playing them all like marionettes.  I'm not sure what is the point in being invested in any of the characters "good" characters when they'll just be killed off anyway.

Maxine was definitely the lowest point of the series so far, well it didn't get any better though.

The townspeople are completely brain dead, especially Linda.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:30 PM

That stupid kid and his big head and Norrie and her big head just grate.

Oh, Doom, I love you!

Anyway, what truly galls me (besides Dean Norris wasting his time and energy and Mike Vogel wasting his good looks on this show) is that this show is doing gangbusters while Hannibal only gets two-to-four million viewers.  Granted, Dome is on in the summer, but still.

Totale

Totale

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 1:32 PM

?? "Head is will roll"?  Or a (something unstated) belonging to Head will roll? Who is Head? What will roll?

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 2:10 PM

?? "Head is will roll"?  Or a (something unstated) belonging to Head will roll? Who is Head? What will roll?

The dome beheading people?  Not that it matters to these brain dead folks.

Edited by FAU, Mar 10, 2014 @ 7:15 PM.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 7:07 PM

Stephen King was trying to be clever.  But you're right, it's more confusing than anything.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 1:10 PM

In today's Under the Dome news, we get a little taste of what's to come in the season premiere - one pissed off dome throwing people around like ragdolls.  Apparently the dome is also ticked off about the first season finale.

http://stateportpilo...1a4bcf887a.html

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 2:12 PM

In today's Under the Dome news, we get a little taste of what's to come in the season premiere - one pissed off dome throwing people around like ragdolls.  Apparently the dome is also ticked off about the first season finale.

http://stateportpilo...1a4bcf887a.html

I can't blame the dome for that, that 'cliffhanger' was nothing to look forward to.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 2:48 PM

Well, for better or worse, here's the trailer for season 2 (which uses a lot of footage from season one):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9CZ7R-F0ZEY

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 6:28 PM

For worse. Always for worse with this show. It was fun listening to the show runners talking about adding characters when we're inside of a dome. Come on. There are other things in there that are just ridiculous, because you know what each group of two is going to look like. But they are so proud of themselves for having worked with Steven King that I'm going to love watching this mess as it gets every bit as crushable as Bionic Woman was.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 6:42 PM

They were all hiding out on Maxine's mother's island, no doubt.  Or there was a previously unmentioned mountain range where people were living.

Edited by Camera One, Mar 15, 2014 @ 6:49 PM.

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 6:47 PM

For worse. Always for worse with this show. It was fun listening to the show runners talking about adding characters when we're inside of a dome. Come on. There are other things in there that are just ridiculous, because you know what each group of two is going to look like. But they are so proud of themselves for having worked with Steven King that I'm going to love watching this mess as it gets every bit as crushable as Bionic Woman was.

And none of the new characters sound any different or interesting, not like it makes any difference at this point.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 9:26 PM

They were all hiding out on Maxine's mother's island, no doubt.

Or old bomb shelters.  Wish we got clips of people being thrown about and the dome going berserk, if episode one of season two is anything to go by.

JBody

JBody

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 2:22 PM

Wow.  I'm gobsmacked this pos is coming back for a second season.  Now *here* is something to make The Following somewhat believable.  Yes I will hatewatch it but not to the extent I lovingly hatewatch The Following.  I don't even know if I can hatewatch it, on second thought.  Pitywatch it would be more appropriate.  Pitywatch it after the little ones are asleep and the day is winding down.  Actually, half pitywatch it while I check out this board and do laundry and chill with my hubs.  It's just such a bad show I really almost do kind of feel sorry for it.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 5:43 PM

It's just such a bad show I really almost do kind of feel sorry for it.

Welcome to the board, JBody!

Also, in today's Under the Dome news, Dwight Yoakum is going the cast as the town barber!  Yes, once again, someone who we haven't seen before is going to pop up like they've always been there.

The barber's last name is Chumley.  Seriously.  And, like most of the cast, has "a history with Big Jim" and "was once romantically linked with Jim's wife, Pauline."

http://insidetv.ew.c...-dwight-yoakam/

Edited by bmoore4026, Mar 19, 2014 @ 7:40 PM.

JBody

JBody

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 11:14 AM

Thank you bmoore4026!  So, Dwight Yoakum, eh?  Ok, so all these newbies are from the island, or have been hiding out in a vast cave system under the town?  Or will it be shown that the dome let some of them in, or teleported them there to be with their loved ones?  I guess anything can happen Under the Dome!

Also, do we know what's happening outside the dome.... I seem to recall some air strikes and major devastation outside.  Does that mean this little petri dish is humanity's last hope?  

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 4:17 PM

Ok, so all these newbies are from the island, or have been hiding out in a vast cave system under the town?  Or will it be shown that the dome let some of them in, or teleported them there to be with their loved ones?

Well, the producers have been going on about how "what's outside [the dome] will start coming in", so maybe that's it.  I'm more wondering if Dwight Yoakum is going use his regular speaking voice or will try to pull off a Maine accent.  That I'd love to hear.

Also, this pic posted by Mike Vogel pretty much confirms that

Spoiler
. (I just put that in spoiler mode because I don't want to get into any potential trouble with the mods.)

http://www.whosay.co...tw&code=qKI825N

Spoooooky tricycle.

Edited by bmoore4026, Mar 21, 2014 @ 4:18 PM.

FAU

FAU

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 4:20 PM

Also, this pic posted by Mike Vogel pretty much confirms that

No surprises there, it's still a dumb cliffhanger to leave the season on.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 4:46 PM

I'm just thinking about Mike Vogel in handcuffs.  Kinkiness aside, with how frequent his character ends up handcuffed, his poor wrists must be chaffing like a sonofabitch.

bmoore4026

bmoore4026

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:52 PM

Well, this is probably going to be the last post for this topic.

I hope to see you guys on Previously.tv so we can poke fun at this show there when season two premieres.

See ya. :(