Crossing Lines: Mahone and Jaquen H'ghar!

• Please log in to reply

228 replies to this topic

willagirl

willagirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

Italian Douchbag did say that he was jealous and that he thought she and "The German" were lovers. So, he seems to be doing much of it out of jealousy of an imagined relationship. 

It seemed more like he was teasing her. Like, "You loooooove him!" Just being a general, all-around jackass.

I like that Tommy finally became likeable. His "why doesn't anybody ever tell me anything?" was pretty funny.

Does anyone know why Anne-Marie seems like she was abruptly written out of the last 3 episodes? Did Moon Dailly need some time off? It's weird that the phone message to Louis was the last time anyone heard from her. She didn't even get an in-person, portentous, "I gotta go back home for a bit, I'll see you all soon."

I liked how her Calais colleague described her - "A little awkward. A lot efficient." It was sweet in its own way. And how not surprised was everyone that she had a happy face sticker on her car?

I hope Arabella becomes a regular. Paris can keep the blonde demoted detective. 

tpel

tpel

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:55 PM

I like that Tommy finally became likeable. His "why doesn't anybody ever tell me anything?" was pretty funny.

His "your teamwork sucks" to Carl (who wandered around, stoned, shooting at people, borrowed Tommy's gun, then wandered off again) was also great :-)

I hope that Ann-Marie is alive because I like the character. But also, it would be frustrating if they killed off a second female team member, after making her a victim in the first episode and then not giving her a lot of screen time during the rest of the season. If the're going to add another woman, I would prefer Arabella over Blonde Demoted Detective. I liked the latter's competence, but we've got enough French team members, and Tommy tends to hit on blondes (hmmmm, actually, that could be kind of funny, seeing what she chooses to stab him with . . .). Anyway, Arabella had nice chemistry with both Tommy and Carl, and she seems to have a good sense of humor.

forumfish

forumfish

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:02 PM

Just got around to watching the season finale tonight, and I enjoyed those two hours more than the previous eight combined. I liked the two new women officers and wouldn't mind seeing either of them again. I wonder, though -- was Louis the former commissioner with whom the blonde agent had a fling? I don't remember too many details of his pre-Team Dorn background, but I hope they don't go there -- too soap opera-ish for this show, I'd think.

I wonder, could Sebastian's gambling be part of an undercover investigation that others on the team doesn't know about? If Dimitrov's evil is as far-reaching as has been hinted, maybe Dorn secretly is using Sebastian's super tech powers to infiltrate a gambling ring. Or maybe I need sleep.

I hope Anne-Marie is alive, and imagine that the poor woman in the morgue is an ill-fated hitchhiker that Anne-Marie offered a ride.

I also liked Tommy much more than previously this season. The above-mentioned "no one ever tells me anything" and telling Carl "you suck at teamwork." Hee! And strung-out Carl reminded me of strung-out Mahone, so I was a happy girl. A little sick and twisted, but happy.

How did Genovase know about Anika? I'm assuming that Arabella's boss shared the surveillance photos and info, but they didn't really explain it (or I missed it).

Donald Sutherland may not have had a big enough role all season to please me, but boy, did the writers make up for it. In spades. Bravo, Mr. Sutherland. And more, please.

Loved Bill and Kim -- they obviously had fun with it -- can someone please put those two in a buddy film, stat? (Bill, I'm looking at you -- enough with all these big-budget films already. Start filming your project. ASAP, please.)

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

Jack Bauer's dad laughs at rockets.

Well, not to nitpick, but while Donald Sutherland is Kiefer's dad, Jack Bauer's dad was James Cromwell, aka Babe's dad.  And both would laugh at rockets, needless to say.  Although why Donald Sutherland didn't appear as his own son's dad on 24 was always unclear and pretty surprising to me.

Edited by ratgirlagogo, Aug 25, 2013 @ 1:03 PM.

forumfish

forumfish

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

Yay!

"Dear Fans, we have great news!
There will be a season 2 for Crossing Lines. Guest-star appearances by Carrie-Anne Moss (Vegas, The Matrix) and Ray Stevenson (Dexter, The Book of Eli)."

Source:

https://www.facebook...28&l=b3a41ae6b9

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

Sweet!  Does this mean it will still be on NBC?  Either way, I"m glad it got a Season 2.  And those are some pretty solid guest stars they got lined up.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

The show's coming to CBC some time in September, I think, so Canadians who missed the first season on NBC get another chance to watch the show.  Even if NBC declines to carry the second season, I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping The Sutherland Factor keeps it on CBC.

forumfish

forumfish

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

"The Sutherland Factor" -- I love it!

So far, Hulu's showing Season 1 for free, but I don't know if it works outside the States.

Swedge

Swedge

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

This was a hit and miss series, but better than Under the Dome and solid for a summer show. The episodes I thought worked best were the trucker serial killers and the pilot two parter. The reason is that they showed the group working together as a team, which is what I signed on for. The other episodes became too spread out and scattershot, with people in their own worlds. 

They killed off by far the most interesting female character in the second half of the first episode. I don't know what they were thinking but the two they left were just dull and not well acted. This annoyed me throughout the season, it was such a bad move. And there was too much backstory melodrama about too many characters. They were more interesting the less I knew about them, when they were just an almost anonymous team working together as a unit. 

On the plus side, the new female cop they added at the end was promising going forward. And of course also on the plus side, Hickman, Berger and original recipe Sutherland (as in not Kiefer) were all great.

I'm surprised at the season 2 announcement, but pleased. What I liked outweighed where I thought they went wrong.

Edited by Swedge, Aug 31, 2013 @ 10:41 AM.

forumfish

forumfish

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

Not good news for fans of Moon Dailly's Anne-Marie (of which I am one):

Returning for Crossing Lines Season Two are series stars* William Fichtner (Elysium, Prison Break, Black Hawk Down, The Lone Ranger), Marc Lavoine (The Good Thief, Le coeur des hommes, Liberté), Golden Globe® Award-winner Donald Sutherland (The Hunger Games, The Pillars of the Earth, Path to War),  Tom Wlaschiha (Game of ThronesResistanceBrideshead Revisited), Gabriella Pession (Wilfred, Rossella, Capri),  Richard Flood (Titanic: Blood & Steel, Three Wise Women) and Lara Rossi, introduced during the latter part of the first season of Crossing Lines, joins the investigative team. Also starring in season 2 are two new recurring guest stars, Carrie-Anne Moss (Vegas, Matrix, Chocolat) and Ray Stevenson (Dexter, The Book of Eli, Kill the Irishman).

Source: http://www.tandemcom...=535&Itemid=807

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:57 PM

Not surprised though; I was wondering if something was going on.  In the last episodes, it kind of felt like something happen that made Moon Dailly ask to be written out.  I guess this puts a stop to any ideas they might have had with Carl and Anne-Marie.

And it does look like Arabela was being set-up to join the crew next season.  I wonder what she'll bring to the table.  And I'm curious about both Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson being recurring guest stars.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 2:39 AM

And I'm curious about both Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson being recurring guest stars.

Mahone, Jaquen H'ghar, and Titus Pullo? My ovaries will not be able to handle this.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:24 PM

And I'm curious about both Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson being recurring guest stars.

Me too, although it also makes me sad all over again about Vegas getting cancelled.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

So excited that Arabella is joining the team. She seems like a good fit.

Too bad about Anne- Marie though

Ohmo

Ohmo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

So excited that Arabella is joining the team. She seems like a good fit.

Arabella's the North Holland cop, right?  Not the Paris one?  If so, yay!  I like her.

Hickman and Anne-Marie did have great chemistry, but I'm meh on the character of Anne-Marie leaving.  it now seems like a bummer that Sierra was killed off early in the series.

Also meh on Carrie-Anne Moss.  I first saw her on Models Inc., and I didn't get her appeal then.  Still don't get it now.

Some American network better buy the rights for Season 2 if NBC doesn't.  Crossing Lines is part of my summer viewing schedule.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 4:44 PM

NBC released their summer schedule, and Crossing Lines isn't on it. Sucks, because it was really nice to see William Fichtner in a leading role.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 6:03 PM

NBC released their summer schedule, and Crossing Lines isn't on it. Sucks, because it was really nice to see William Fichtner in a leading role.

Is it airing new episodes anywhere this summer? Or could it start up in the fall? Or is it totally kaput?

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 8:54 PM

The show got a second season, now if it will be in English is the real question.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 9:10 PM

Maybe ion will? It fits their "positively entertaining" credo, especially if Criminal Minds and Durham County were considered okay for their line-up.

Here's hoping!