Princesses: Long Island

• Please log in to reply

666 replies to this topic

Recollected

Recollected

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Not sure if this was discussed already, but I feel horrible for the teacher that lost this job for being on the show. Not only did one teacher loose their job, but ANOTHER teacher resigned due to things she said during the time she was partaking in filming and letting some words slip out while intoxicated.

How many bad things have come out of this show? From Amanda's photoshoot, to congressmen stating it promotes stereotyping of Jews, and Bravo having to apologize for pretty much everything that involves the show. Once that season finale finishes, hopefully we can say good-bye to the Princesses of Long Island because it's a shit show and a mess for Bravo PR.

bahama mama

bahama mama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Tattoos were used in the Holocaust to identify prisoners. They were usually placed on the arm or the wrist.

Yes, I'm well aware of the holocaust, futurekatlady!  I thought perhaps there was something specific about the tattoo that was either insensitive or offensive, other than its location.  Thanks for the response, though.

In general I find Erica entertaining (twitchiness aside) but I wonder why on earth she felt the need to pee in the vineyard??  And then what, went back to the table and continued to eat with unwashed hands?  yuck

Edited by bahama mama, Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:10 PM.

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:11 PM

My DVR boycotted this episode...I should have taken the hint, but On Demand is an enabler...

I blame the parents for enabling them and instilling this sense of narcissism and entitlement in each of them - even to this day as evidenced by Ashlee's mom telling her how everyone is jealous of her. 

I was just coming here to post exactly this. No, mom, they're not being mean to her because they're jealous of her; in fact they're not being mean at all. They're just reacting to the fact that she seems to have come on this trip solely to be an asshole. Ashlee was delusional from the first second of her intro at the top of the show: "Joey is persecuting me"??? Holy hell, this chick doesn't have a clue. She was the instigator of the entire situation, she was the one trying to force people to choose sides and she was the one who started the scene at the vineyard (excuse me, the "wine vineyard"). Should Joey maybe think twice before making her sarcastic comments? Sure. But all of this drama was manufactured by Ashlee and no one else. Chanel completely lost me when she defended Ashlee. "But she's my best friend." Hey Chanel, when your best friend is making an ass of herself, you need to tell her that. That's what friends do.

When Ashlee was so afraid of heights that she couldn't walk down the stairs, but refused to take her shoes off to help her balance, I so wanted to be there so I could "help" her down the stairs.

It will all be revealed next week after we find out that Ashlee wandered out into traffic after being put into a fugue state by Joey being mean to her. Or she wandered into traffic because her mascara blinded her when it ran all over her face and into her eyes. 

I'm only a little embarrassed to say that I was hoping for this when they couldn't find her.

The LIRR goes to Southold (which I think is where the winery was) so Ashlee could have easily taken the train home but that's not as made-for-TV dramatic as calling mommy and daddy and asking for a jet.

Easily? No, Daddee would have had to send her a hazmat suit for her to go anywhere near the train.

In anyone who's not Ashlee news, Amanda's sister is a moron. Amanda seems not to be, but when the two of them are having a conversation on my TV, my ears bleed. Vocal fry is not adorable, ladies.

Edited by HogansMom77, Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:14 PM.

kadooz

kadooz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:34 PM

"When Ashlee was so afraid of heights that she couldn't walk down the stairs, but refused to take her shoes off to help her balance, I so wanted to be there so I could "help" her down the stairs."

Yes.  SO yes!

I had suffered through most of the episode and just as they were getting into the ludicrous  row at the table, I got a phone call I had to take and missed the rest of the show except for the very end when Chanel was calling and calling for cAshlee. And since Bravo doesn't seem to repeat this show I'll never get to enjoy the nonsense that went on.  Drat!  But mainly I wonder, why on earth would anyone even want to go after Ashlee anyway?   Her personality is as stunted as her growth, but her selfish and mean streaks are very well developed indeed.  Yes, she looks like Nancy Morgan, but she also reminds me of the goblins who operate Gringotts.

poeticlicenced

poeticlicenced

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

In general I find Erica entertaining (twitchiness aside) but I wonder why on earth she felt the need to pee in the vineyard??  And then what, went back to the table and continued to eat with unwashed hands?

OMG I forgot all about that. Yes, announce at the table that you have to pee and probably have a UTI, then get up and walk 10 feet and pee behind a bush. Then come back and resume drinking. Gross.

And the trying on rings by Amanda and  her sister was ridiculous. When teh salesclerk said that she was going to leave them so they could talk, I was thinking whaaa? They are going discuss the purchase of an engagement ring by someone who wasn't there?

And the PDA between Jeff and Amanda is disgusting. Holy crap, they are basically making out in front of their parents. What's up with that?

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:04 PM

Oh man goblins lol. I thought that myself.

Could this show POSSIBLY be just a big old satirical joke? I mean could it be totally scripted? Could Andy be this subverisive? Gay men proposing to straight women, goblins raising impossibly childish and helpless adults, women whose entire worlds crumble when someone is "mean" to them, calling other people's parents short (ok I can't stop laughing about that one). It has to be scripted because who on earth would go on tv if they were really like these people? All that is missing is "yo mamma wears combat boots".

Ok probably not, but how I wish.

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

Ugh. Ashlee is such an evil little witch. Is it wrong that I enjoyed seeing her looking like a hot mess with mascara all over her face? From day one, I have never been Joey's biggest fan and I have loved Chanel but if it comes down to it, I am Team Joey (Amanda, Erica) instead of Team Ashlee (Casey, Chanel). I thought mean girls were usually prettier and more popular.

Immediately playing the victim by lying and saying that Joey called the meeting just to call her "funny looking", saying Joey went after Ashlee at Amanda's drink hanky party, and saying Joey was going around trying to turn her friends against Ashlee, etc.

Ashlee continues to tell this warped version of the truth as though she's not being filmed. Then she deflects attention whenever she's caught like when she turned her texts to Erica and Amanda into Erica lying to her about showing the texts. 

We're getting so caught up with this stupid fight that I feel like I need to point out some other things that happened in this episode.

Erica peed in a vineyard. The vineyard was OK with them showing this on TV.

Amanda had a dinner at her home with Jeff's parents and started browsing for an engagement ring. While I thought she made very good points during the fight, do you actually go looking for your own engagement ring before you're engaged? And she has way too many scenes outside of the group that are just tiresome. 

Casey continues to believe that she is a sophisticated New Yorker, a legitimate artist who can only be with another artist... with tattoos, and that she is above the high school BS even though she was the one who couldn't let it go when she first met Erica again.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:17 PM

Casey continues to believe that she is a sophisticated New Yorker, a legitimate artist who can only be with another artist... with tattoos, and that she is above the high school BS even though she was the one who couldn't let it go when she first met Erica again.

I forgot about this, lol. I mentioned Casey in another post but I forgot about how she "can't date a suit."  Oh how alternative of her. I mean, no big deal if she prefers certain guys, or tats, but I found her whole deal more about presenting an image for tv than who she really is. Casey annoyed me from her first episode and hasn't done much to change my opinion since then. 

Edited by diorella78, Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:17 PM.

Shella

Shella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:36 PM

Erica peed in a vineyard. The vineyard was OK with them showing this on TV.

The vineyard may have had no idea what they were doing out in the vineyard.  When they were still filming, it was an unknown entity as to what the show was ultimately going to be like.  I looked at the vineyard's Facebook page earlier and there was not one comment/post promoting the vineyard's appearance on the show (and I "like" their page so I probably would see any protected posts that may not be posted publicly).  This is in great opposition to last summer when the WPIX morning show/news broadcast was doing spots from the winery and they had links and posts and all kinds of stuff relating to that.  They also promote a lot of their print media appearances on the page as well, so they are not shy about good publicity.  I think someone at the place probably started watching the show when it first came on and said hell to the no about promoting their appearance on the show. 

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

Casey was totally right in not going because she felt it was always high school drama with this group. And speaking of Casey, what exactly was the purpose of Chanel calling Casey in the midst of Ashlee's delusional meltdown? Ashlee is still in the middle of blubbering her eyes out and Chanel thinks it's somehow the right moment to call Chanel and dish about what's going on?  How ridiculous.

I think Chanel is supposed to be the one who holds all the girls together. And she wants her friend Casey on the show even though she's useless, uninteresting, and doesn't really have a relationship with the other girls. So every so often Chanel will try and pull her into the show so they can claim she's a part of the cast. Did we need to see Casey giving her a pep talk about how to write her maid of honor speech last week? No.

I missed a few episodes in between....what was that about Joey's mother? I assume Joey has issues with said mother?

They didn't really say much. I think Ashlee said "your mom was right" and when Chanel was defending Ashlee Joey told her "She's disgusting. Do you know what that means [saying that my mom was right]"? Maybe their bad relationship might explain why Joey is still staying at her father's house even though he now has a second family.

Her PDA segment with Jeff were gross.

I love this show and I think it's hilarious (though this show had so much drama that there was nothing to laugh at) but I had to hold my hand up so I couldn't see the TV. Why would you do this to me, Bravo? WHY??? No one wants to see that.

MacktownGirl

MacktownGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

MactownGirl you summed up Long Island perfectly. As a long time resident I too have properly taxes that are crazy high and living expenses that are ridiculous. You were kind when you said " neighborhoods don't want certain people living there". The truth is Long Island is an extremely segregated community. You have neighborhoods like our LI Princesses live in "all white" and neighborhoods right next door that are full of poverty and crime. I guarantee these girls never even attended school with one person of color and if one moved next door to their parents they would put their house for sale the next day. Sad but very true here. That's why Freeport freaks them out God forbid they see a black man what would they do? It's pretty disgusting. 

I was being kind. I'm a teacher, and in grad school, they kept telling us that Long Island would be the most segregated place we would ever teach. You're absolutely right about having "all white" neighborhoods next to ones that are full of poverty. Garden City/Hempstead? Yet the communities never mingle. Two totally different worlds a stones throw away from one another. I graduated with a class of 460 kids...3 of them were black. Long Island is an interesting place. I (like most Long Islanders) have a total love/hate relationship with it. 

tylergold

tylergold

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:25 PM

Ashlee also could've taken a cab over to Tanger Outlets in Riverhead to do some shopping. Or stopped for some pies at Briermere Farms. You can't go all the way out there and not pick up a pie (or two)!

MacktownGirl

MacktownGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

Ashlee also could've taken a cab over to Tanger Outlets in Riverhead to do some shopping. Or stopped for some pies at Briermere Farms. You can't go all the way out there and not pick up a pie (or two)! 

*gasp* Outlet shopping!?!?! 

Thats something that poor people do...like serving different types of (already cubed) cheese on the same dish! She'd NEVER! 

She'd prob get to Tanger and call her dad up immediately, telling him that she felt so bad for all these people who couldn't afford to pay regular retail prices, proclaiming how badly she wanted to give all those poor outlet shoppers a hug. 

citychic

citychic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

"We're getting tanned, we're getting HIGH, we're going out, we're having fun, this day is ours. - Amanda in the shuttle van from the winery.

Subtle slip there?  Anyone else catch that?

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

I heard the "getting high" comment then she looked like oops, I didn't mean to say that and moved on. I'm shocked, just shocked that some of the girls from the Unreal Non-housewives from Long Island use drugs.

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

I sure did catch Amanda saying let's get high. OMG

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:39 PM

I wonder if it will be edited out on repeats? (if there are repeats....lol)

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

"We're getting tanned, we're getting HIGH, we're going out, we're having fun, this day is ours. - Amanda in the shuttle van from the winery.

Subtle slip there?  Anyone else catch that?

Given the awful music they use as a transition between scenes I thought she was quoting the lyrics of some awful song.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

Casey was totally right in not going because she felt it was always high school drama with this group. And speaking of Casey, what exactly was the purpose of Chanel calling Casey in the midst of Ashlee's delusional meltdown? Ashlee is still in the middle of blubbering her eyes out and Chanel thinks it's somehow the right moment to call Chanel and dish about what's going on?  How ridiculous.

I LOL'd at Casey trying to portray the sophisticated city girl. Have a seat Casey!! A few episodes ago she was crying uncontrollably wanting to punch Erica in the face over her boyfriend at 15/16, that she still sometimes cries herself to sleep over.

When she said I can't believe people haven't let go of high school I literally busted out laughing. CANNOT STAND CASEY. 

Ashley's behavior was that of a 10 year old or younger. Then her father saying "Find the owner and get him to call a car service." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Ashley is 30 years old, the whole scene was disgusting. Chanel made me sick by feeding into the nonsense... crying in the car like Ashley was a 2 year old lost at the mall.

Erica is stunted as well. She sounded like such a child "Oh my God..My dad is getting so mad at me" on the verge of tears.

blissilla

blissilla

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:04 PM

Casey tells her friend over cocktails that she is a city girl who is above all that Long Island high school BS. Once she gets a call from Chanel with a one sided view of the fight, she's immediately says "I'll f- her up". Yeah, she's really come a long way.

Can't believe someone who seems as intelligent as Chanel was buying into Ashlee's victim routine. "I can't abandon her." She's the one who ran off and abandoned them. Maybe she is blinded from knowing her so long.

So glad the others didn't waste their day chasing her through the vineyard. Amanda, with her slurred words and bra hanging out, made the most sense. She's right, Ashlee couldn't get that far in those high heels and she's a 30 year old who can take care of herself.

Ashlee can't get over the fact that Joey called her funny looking. That is a pretty mild insult considering what a useless, mean spirited person she is. Erica's "stupid baby bitch" fits Ashlee perfectly.

If next week's show is the series finale, it would be funny to see it end with HogansMom77 "helping" her down that long flight of stairs.

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:07 PM

Erica is stunted as well. She sounded like such a child "Oh my God..My dad is getting so mad at me" on the verge of tears.

I'm no Erica fan, but I'm giving her a pass on this one. I felt like this was a little sliver of humanity coming from her...her dad had planned this thing for her and her friends, and they were keeping him waiting because they were having a ridiculous fight. I think she was embarrassed, and it's nice to see a little shame from her.

If next week's show is the series finale, it would be funny to see it end with HogansMom77 "helping" her down that long flight of stairs. 

Oh, don't you think for one second that I won't do it.

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

I'm no Erica fan, but I'm giving her a pass on this one. I felt like this was a little sliver of humanity coming from her...her dad had planned this thing for her and her friends, and they were keeping him waiting because they were having a ridiculous fight. I think she was embarrassed, and it's nice to see a little shame from her.

I agree. Maybe it's just that Erica has always been my second favorite (after Chanel) but this drama made sense to me. We don't know how long they were at the vineyard. Her dad could have been waiting for a really long time and Erica seems a little surprised by all the BS drama on the show. I think she's fine with drinking and partying but she did not expect her friends to suddenly go crazy because there are now cameras around. She's made comments to that effect at other times. I also think she wants to keep her dad happy so she can go on living the lifestyle she's grown accustomed to. I noticed how she always seems to tell her dad that she loves him but when Rob tells her he loves her she rarely says I love you back. 

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:22 PM

Oh I can see why Erica felt bad her dad was waiting (I got the sense they were more than 20 minutes late....lol), but I was laughing and also embarrassed that a 30 year old woman had her daddy throwing this boating event and not herself....like the Real Housewives "host" an event each season. Girl, you're supposedly an event planner. 

Yes parents do and organize things even for adult children, but given the premise of this show it just adds to me eyerolling. lol. 

Edited by diorella78, Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:22 PM.

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:03 PM

I wonder what Ashlee thinks of her dad's job at Ross? I doubt she would ever ever walk into one. Can you imagine her HORROR of having to shop there?

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

Erica - I could not believe she peed on camera, in the vineyard.  GROSS! 

Ashlee - Was I the only one yelling, "Shut up virgin", at the tv?

mrsolive

mrsolive

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 7:03 PM

I think that they were supposed to be going out on her father's boat or a boat that her father arranged.  That's work.  Especially if it is his boat.  And although the weather seemed beautiful, time and weather are important factors to be mindful of when you are boating.  And, sometimes people plan more than one activity in a single day (e.g., winery then boating).   Maybe her dad had something to do later in the day?  Drives me nuts when people assume that my time isn't as valuable as their time and leave me hanging.  I would be even more annoyed if I planned a day out and it was being ruined by Ashlee's surly/sulking attitude.  She's such a spoiled child.  Her parents are freaks and so is she.  My take on her parents is that they define themselves as Ashlee's parents and therefore keep her dependent.  She's an adult.  I am assuming she is literate, at least literate enough to do some minor problem solving like heating up broccoli in a microwave and calling a car service.  Talk about willful co-dependence! Good luck to her when Mom and Dad are gone.  She will be completely lost because no one else will give a shit---oh, maybe Chanel will remain unmarried (sad to say) and she and Ashlee can live together where she can be Ashlee's life crutch.

Edited by mrsolive, Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:58 PM.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

I like Ashlee, and see why she is upset about Joey. Joey is a shrew, she is always making some lame, inappropriate joke, is always super jealous of other people, and kisses the asses of all the girls-except Ashlee.

The phone call Ashlee made to her father while that guy was sitting next to her, was none of Joey's business. Ashlee wasn't hurting anyone. Yeah, it was ill advised, but that is her business.

Joey was a jerk again at the speed dating thing. She purposely went in with the intention of antagonizing the men there, just because they weren't attractive. They don't need that crap. I would have iced her out just like Casey and Ashlee did. I hate people like her.

I don't fault Ashlee for crying and turning to the support of her parents. They did all gang up on her-except Chanel. So it had to be traumatic. Ashlee didn't bring up the conversation thsy went to hell, Erica did. Then Joey kept making crappy comments, then saying in the same breath she doesn't want to talk about it.

Erica straight up lied about the text message. Then she backed down when Ashlee needed her to back her up, making it look like Ashlee was making it all up. I would be pissed about that, too.

twinchaos

twinchaos

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 10:59 PM

Amanda's sisters teeth are so jacked up, between that and her freakish voice...she needs some serious help, ASAP!

The PDA segment was disgusting and hilarious, glad Bravo's in on the joke.

dianewannabe

dianewannabe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 9:23 AM

OMG Ashlee. Are you for real??? I hope that you are embarrased watching this play out on camera but I'm sure that you are delusional enough to still believe your own BS. And your parents are even more delusional than you!

Dare I say, though, that I am actually going to miss this show. Any word on whether there will be a reunion?

maeby2night

maeby2night

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 9:30 AM

Chanel totally lost me this episode. I get not wanting to take sides, but this was a case of right and wrong. Ashlee had it out for Joey from the very beginning, and when trying to ice her out doesn't work, she says the absolute meanest things she can think of all while whining about being called funny looking?? Hey Ashlee, being funny looking is the least of your problems. Erica was right on the money when she called her a baby bitch.