Princesses: Long Island

• Please log in to reply

666 replies to this topic

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

Chanel did just fine at the wedding.  I was irritated that her sister couldn't be bothered at the start of her speech, nor most of the audience. 

I was suspicious of that scene in particular. The editing was a little choppy. I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd was actually listening but the editors just showed clips of people hanging out at the beginning of Chanel's speech so it would seem like no one was paying attention to her.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 10:45 PM

Does anyone know how much this show pays? Or even a general of first-season Bravo/reality shows? I never understand when people, like Joey, talk about money issues as if being filmed isn't bringing in more of an income than most people are seeing. Unless I am seriously high balling it? It has to be at least 60-70k, no? For a summers "work". Even if it's half that, it's still an income people would love as their only source. It's insulting to viewers, in my opinion.

Manhattan

Manhattan

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 10:59 PM

Gigi43, I believe the norm for the first season of a non-franchise reality show is usually a stipend. If the show is picked up for another season they negotiate salaries, much of which is dependent on the show's popularity and that cast member's popularity.

The cast of Jersey Shore were only paid a small stipend that first season. Many of them were completely broke, I recall hearing that Pauly generously covered some of the more cash-strapped cast members that season since he was already earning good money as a DJ.

Edited by Manhattan, Jul 23, 2013 @ 11:13 PM.

bahama mama

bahama mama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 2:06 AM

Also, I believe Erica has met her match with Rob - he has a shady past:

http://www.ice.gov/n...0620newyork.htm

Juicy dish, wideright!  How did you dig that up? And do you know what the outcome was?  Looks like he isn't serving any time

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:30 AM

Also, I believe Erica has met her match with Rob - he has a shady past:

http://www.ice.gov/n...0620newyork.htm

Juicy dish, wideright!  How did you dig that up? And do you know what the outcome was?  Looks like he isn't serving any time

I thought Rob was 38 - the guy who was arrested in 2012 is only 28 so something isn't right as there is a big age discrepancy and the ICE report would be accurate in terms of age. 

Unless there is recent to believe that this is the same person, I would imagine it's just a random guy with the same name - Robert Eisenberg is a pretty common name.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:08 AM

I thought Rob was 38 - the guy who was arrested in 2012 is only 28 so something isn't right as there is a big age discrepancy and the ICE report would be accurate in terms of age. 

But didn't he and Erika go to high school together?  i thought one of her schticks was that she didn't give him the time of day back then.

poeticlicenced

poeticlicenced

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:19 AM

It's him. Check out the picture attached to the story in a local newspaper

http://syosset.patch...feit-phone-scam

Interestting that the arresst happened last summer. Isn't that when they filmed?

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:04 AM

Sorry I thought it was referring to Amanda's older boyfriend.

That explains a lot LOL. I live in a condo and another resident is a sociopath who also was involved in cell phone scams - that was a while ago and his empire has expanded now to Ecstasy. 

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

Interestting that the arresst happened last summer. Isn't that when they filmed?

Interesting indeed.

Also thought it was interesting that the filming was done post-Rob's nose job.  That totally answered my, "he most have gotten a nose job" question the first episode I saw him in.  What a fucking dick.  Maybe this is why Erika is not committing -- Rob in a "big house" has a completely different meaning.

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

So, wait--he was arrested for these crimes and then filmed a reality show?  During which his girlfriend referred to him as 'successful' and her parents were pushing for marriage?  These people... they are dumb.

jjj343

jjj343

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 2:30 PM

With the exception of Chanel, who seems like a kind person, I'm not certain that these girls are going to be able to marry much better than a felon.  

bahama mama

bahama mama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 2:37 PM

Also thought it was interesting that the filming was done post-Rob's nose job.  That totally answered my, "he most have gotten a nose job" question the first episode I saw him in.  

Good point, sasha206.  The nose job had to be done after 6/20/12, and since it appeared to be fully healed whenever he is shown on the show, filming must have only covered a few weeks span, at most.    I am still curious to know what the outcome of the case was, or if it is still pending.  Since he was only charged with one count of counterfeit trademarking as opposed to the 2-4 the others were charged with, I'm wondering if was able to work out some kind of plea deal or something?  Inquiring minds want to know!  haha 

Only two more episodes left!  Does anyone know if there is going to be a reunion? 

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 5:19 PM

haha, that is interesting about Rob. Well, well, well. I assume he got off lightly or thinks he will, since he went to Aruba with Erica and her family back in February and just bought a new boat (as per both their facebooks). His page seems pretty worry free and douchy, actually. lol

Edited by diorella78, Jul 24, 2013 @ 5:23 PM.

MacktownGirl

MacktownGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

This show was going for a very specific angle: the spoiled, Jewish, North Shore, Daddy will take care of me until I find a husband type girl. They were cast as walking, talking stereotypes. Basically, Andy Cohen went out and got a cast of mini Jill Zarins.

That being said, not every girl on the show fits that exact mold...and most girls on Long Island aren't like this. As much as it pains me to say it, the realtor wasn't having trouble finding apartments that could be shown on TV; $900-1200 a month on Long Island doesn't go far at all. 

For those of you unfamiliar with this area, it's one of the most expensive places in the country to live. Not only that, but it was the birthplace of suburbia. Long Island does NOT have many rental communities, and many times when one tries to move into a neighborhood, it's immediately voted down by residents who think that it will bring "certain people" into the neighborhood. There are a handful of apartment complexes, the rest of the apartments on Long Island are illegal apartments in the basements of private homes. It's expensive here, and there's also just a shortage of things to rent. 

I'm 28, most of my friends went to law school or grad school, and many wound up moving back in with their parents for a few years or more after college. Joey is not the exception to the norm here. Is it fun? No. Is it looked down upon as much here as it is other parts of the country? No. 

I lived in Florida after undergrad, and my rent for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment was about $900 a month (before splitting with my roommate). I just checked, and rent appears to have gone up to $1100 in the past few years. That same apartment leasing company has a handful of complexes on Long Island. A ONE bedroom here, their cheapest, is currently renting for $2170. We're not talking luxury apartments either, this would be a typical complex in any other part of the country. Are there cheaper apartments? Yeah, and they're either a) illegal apartments in someone's home b) much older apartments or c) what you saw Joey looking at. 

So while I really, really hate to defend Joey...Long Island is not young adult/renter friendly. 

She should, however, be more appreciative that her dad has been supportive of her Kissamint BS. Not excusing the way he speaks to her, though. He is either a jerk, or he is tired of footing the bill for her business that isn't going anywhere and is fed up. 

Edited by MacktownGirl, Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:58 PM.

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

MacktownGirl, you basically said everything I already said about what it's like to live on Long Island as a young(ish) resident, but even better. Thank you. :)

Interesting news bit about Rob. All of that had to have been going on while they were filming last year since filming apparently took place during the summer. Erica, as crazed and flawed with God only know what kinds of addiction issues as she is, keeps saying she should feel like she should want to end up with Rob without question, but hell, I'd be second guessing that even if I was in her unfortunate shoes. I wouldn't want to constantly be looking over my shoulder wondering if my husband was conducting business on the up and up, and if one day the feds were going to come and instantly take it all away along with Rob in a handcuffs. So Erica, run. Run as far as your drunk, Adderall-addled ass can take you.

By the way, where/when was it said that Rob got a nosejob? I must've missed that somewhere.

bahama mama

bahama mama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

By the way, where/when was it said that Rob got a nosejob? I must've missed that somewhere.

BravesChick2001, if you look at the pic in the link poeticlicenced posted, compared to how he appears on the show it seems pretty likely he had work done. 

Edited by bahama mama, Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:23 PM.

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up, bahama mama. (At first glance at that link, I was like, "Wow, Rob really did have some amazing work done; the surgeons turned him from an Asian man to a Jewish one!" Hahaha.) I'll have to take a closer look next time Rob is on screen to truly compare. Odd if he had a nosejob, though. Seems to be more of a vain thing the girls would do.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 1:36 AM

Chanel seems kind of decent and the only reason I keep watching, but small doses of Chanel goes a long way. More than anything she's got to cut out the "CoCo" shitck, we get it, Chanel, CoCo. But you're almost thirty and trying to make a nickname catch on by using it in 3rd-person form does not look good on even a 17yr old. Stop.

This! I like Chanel but her whining about not being married is becoming ridiculous. She comes across pathetic and desperate. 

Ashley will be living with her parents forever. She isn't an ugly girl but trophy wife?? No..unless it's someone 50+ like Marcos.

I cannot stand Joey and Casey.

Erica needs rehab and a mirror. "I'm pretty so of course guys are going to text me." Whatever... I don't see it, her looks are average to me and she is a twitchy mess, she always looks sweaty and unkept.

I like Amanda but am also grossed out by the PDA with Jeff. Yuck, he pings my gaydar big time. Have to mention this.. WTH was with his Miami Vice outfit at Ashley's birthday party. A navy blue blazer with a red t-shirt. People still dress like that....Uuugh

Amanda's sister also can stay off the screen with the idiotic way she speaks and orange face. She really thinks she's hot stuff. 

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 1:56 AM

Wow, I just came across this article in Long Island's Newsday about a teacher who lost his job for appearing on the show:

http://www.newsday.c...s-job-1.5763017

For those of you who can't access the entire article, basically, this guy named Stefan Serie was a Merrick (south shore Nassau County - oh no, Ashlee!) middle school teacher and coach who appeared on the pool party episode.  He was the musclar bald guy who wore a bright green shirt and took it off on camera at one point. He claims that because of his "appearance" on the show, the school board told him he either had to resign or be fired.  So, he's now going to sue the school district unless they reinstate him because he feels he was coerced into resigning.  Over a hundred parents and students showed up at a board meeting last night in demonstration of support for him to be reinstated.  He seems like he was a really well-liked teacher and coach.

I feel like there has to be more to the story than what is being told here because other than taking off his shirt at one point (hello, it was a pool party), I don't recall him doing anything embarrassing.  I don't think he was even involved in that whole argument between Amanda and that random chick, either. But who knows.

I also think he's the guy who went out on a date with Ashlee... the one who wore the Jesus bracelet.  I could be wrong about that, though.

By the way, I drove down to Freeport yesterday afternoon to check out a park for something I'm doing this weekend.  It's funny how this show is all I could think of as I drove there.  Even though Freeport is well-known for its "nautical mile" of waterfront bars, fun, and whatnot, I honestly haven't spent much time in Freeport.  Granted, some parts were definitely a tiny bit sketchy to drive through, which is something I always knew about certain parts of Freeport, it definitely was not that bad, nor was it any part that Ashlee must've driven through or anywhere near where Joey's dad lives. Places in the city or some spots in one of the five boroughs can be way, way worse.

MacktownGirl

MacktownGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:28 AM

For those of you who can't access the entire article, basically, this guy named Stefan Serie was a Merrick (south shore Nassau County - oh no, Ashlee!) middle school teacher and coach who appeared on the pool party episode.  He was the musclar bald guy who wore a bright green shirt and took it off on camera at one point. He claims that because of his "appearance" on the show, the school board told him he either had to resign or be fired.  So, he's now going to sue the school district unless they reinstate him because he feels he was coerced into resigning.  Over a hundred parents and students showed up at a board meeting last night in demonstration of support for him to be reinstated.  He seems like he was a really well-liked teacher and coach.

I teach in a *NORTH SHORE* (Ashlee approved) school district, and this story was actually going around among teachers late June. The rumor was that he received tenure (no idea if its true) but that his tenure date didn't start until September, and the school district wanted him gone. I suppose the story turned out to be true, or at least there's some truth to it. 

I'm not really sure how I feel about this one, but like it or not, teachers are supposed to be good role models. He teaches middle school HEALTH, of all things, and was drinking alcohol at a party that got a bit rowdy. While he wasn't doing anything scandalous, he signed the release forms to appear on the show. I don't know many teachers who would do that. I don't even allow pictures of myself drinking (even if it's just a glass of wine in my hand) on my private, not friends with any parents or students, personal Facebook. General rule of thumb for posting: how would this look if a parent/administrator/student stumbled upon it? 

Don't know about the legality of the situation, though. 

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:25 AM

I don't even allow pictures of myself drinking (even if it's just a glass of wine in my hand) on my private, not friends with any parents or students, personal Facebook. General rule of thumb for posting: how would this look if a parent/administrator/student stumbled upon it? 

There have been a few instances where teachers were fired for photos found on their FB pages, images of them drinking or acting in a lewd manner. I suppose it depends on contracts? So I assume, like you noted, he stupidly signed to appear on this show and nowadays most teachers know not to do that. 

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:57 AM

haha Bravo home to the jailbirds

Hey Andy, here is a new show idea for you: Mazel Your Gay.

It can be all about the day that Jeff wakes up and finally realizes what he really is and Lady Gaga errr I mean Amanda sees the same light we do.

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:44 AM

Odd if he had a nosejob, though. Seems to be more of a vain thing the girls would do.

I think more men than you'd think do it. Also, from Rob's "before" picture (AKA his mugshot), it appears that he had the dreaded deviated septum (or "deviated septum"), so that may be how he justified it.

Edited by HogansMom77, Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:45 AM.

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

Sunday is the season finale. I hope it's a good one. I do hope this show comes back til then I will miss my Hal. lol

Jazzpaws

Jazzpaws

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 2:30 PM

So the girl who had the vocal fry and could not finish a sent____. Did she have a speech impediment? Or was she really just la__

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Man, talk about leaving with barely a whimper---I've had Bravo on all day and I have as of *yet* to see one single promo for this show's "season finale" tonight.
I think that surely has to mean that this show is toast, folks.

I'm actually okay with this being the first and last ever season. It'd be pretty pathetic to see all these girls well over age 30 and still out clubbing, partying and living in their teenage bedrooms. Plus, the sooner that hateful troll Ashley is off national TV screens, the better---her smugness would be off the charts if she actually became a true "Bravolebrity."

hunterhunted

hunterhunted

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

I have never watched this show, but I caught part of an episode where these idiots were using a wine corkscrew to open a screwtop bottle of wine.  They might be the stupidest Bravolebrities to ever be filmed.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

I think more men than you'd think do it. Also, from Rob's "before" picture (AKA his mugshot), it appears that he had the dreaded deviated septum (or "deviated septum"), so that may be how he justified it.

LOL yes indeed because the thing about good plastic surgery is that it's not obvious at all so lots of people (men and women) have had nose jobs. Good nose jobs - especially for men - are now intended to look a bit imperfect.

Rob's nose looked as if it had been broken at one point because it was crooked - seemed to go beyond a "deviated septum" territory. Do people still claim "deviated septum" LOL. 

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 3:08 PM

I found a new job for Joey!!

http://radaronline.c...-talk-show-set/

Yep, Bravo can have another reality show, Bethanny and Joey. We can make guesses at who would kill who first.

grusc206

grusc206

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 3:32 PM

MactownGirl you summed up Long Island perfectly. As a long time resident I too have properly taxes that are crazy high and living expenses that are ridiculous. You were kind when you said " neighborhoods don't want certain people living there". The truth is Long Island is an extremely segregated community. You have neighborhoods like our LI Princesses live in "all white" and neighborhoods right next door that are full of poverty and crime. I guarantee these girls never even attended school with one person of color and if one moved next door to their parents they would put their house for sale the next day. Sad but very true here. That's why Freeport freaks them out God forbid they see a black man what would they do? It's pretty disgusting.