Princesses: Long Island

• Please log in to reply

666 replies to this topic

twinchaos

twinchaos

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:32 PM

I'm embarrassed to be Jewish! OMG, these girls are awful...we are all NOT like this!!!

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:33 PM

From bravotv.com:

Princesses: Long Island – Premieres Sunday, June 2
Meet members of the "boomerang generation" - six young women from, Long Island who return to their pampered lifestyles in the comfort of their parents’ estates and at the expense of their fathers’ bank accounts.  This new docu-series offers a window into their unique family dynamics and personal lives filled with labels, luxury, and love trials.

From zap2it.com

Princesses: Long Island
S01, E01 - You Had Me at Shalom (PREMIERE)

Chanel is reminded by her Orthodox parents that her marriage clock is ticking; Ashlee shops for a dress with Joey; Amanda goes on a date with her older boyfriend; Erica hosts a pool party for the girls.

Edited by Tafatia, Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:38 PM.

Israfel

Israfel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

How is it possible that blond girl doesn't realize her boyfriend is as gay as Lance Bass? And how delusional is her mother wearing those swimsuits?

Edited by Israfel, Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:36 PM.

AH39

AH39

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

As a Brooklyn NYC girl and bred...I say end this show..so scripted and so over the top terrible...I won't watch a minute..the promos are ebough for me..no thanks..watch it if you're desperate enough for over the top/fake/scripted/jewish princess stereotypes...coming from Canarsie...I don't know a NYC jewish girl who would be proud...are there anything other than jewish girls on this show? it sucks.....not so sorry/

twinchaos

twinchaos

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

I'm embarrassed to be Jewish, these girls are horrible!

NurseRatched

NurseRatched

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

"Cut it with a kniiiivve. Cut it with a knivve!" HAHA!

Countess123

Countess123

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:51 PM

How is it possible that blond girl doesn't realize her boyfriend is as gay as Lance Bass? And how delusional is her mother wearing those swimsuits?          

Bwahaha!  I thought the same with that Mother.  And her creepy boyfriend commenting on how hot the Mother is.  Yuck! 

What a bunch of vapid, unattractive loudmouths.  I can't imagine why they are still single. 

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Holy shit this was the single biggest waste of time ever invented. When you manage to make the Housewives of NJ look cultured, intelligent, and witty, you have hit rock bottom Andy Cohen.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I've never been happier... to live in Queens.

EthelMertz

EthelMertz

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:19 PM

That guy is so super gay. How on earth does she not see that?

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I've never been happier to live in Queens.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

Worst show ever.

MollyZee

MollyZee

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

Omg. As a Jewish girl from LI, I think this show might be the greatest thing to happen to reality TV since Season 1 of Jersey Shore.
Chanel...marry me!! Girlfriend brings the hilarious and I love it.
Boyfriend Jeff is blowing my creepometer up though. Ugh what a skeeze. Go away, Jeff.

WaltersHair

WaltersHair

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

And now I understand Jill Zarin a bit better.

Luciano

Luciano

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

Amanda's boyfriend looked like a serial killer version of Cosmo Kramer.

Edited by Luciano, Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:27 PM.

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

What did I just watch? Are you serious?

ninjaeema

ninjaeema

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

I couldn't sit through the entire episode. It's gross on every level. It's 2013, how about encouraging your daughter to have a career, be an interesting pers, nope, just a wife and baby maker. My gaydar was pinging so hard at the nail salon dad, and at that chick's boyfriend (the one where the mom called her on the date), I had to stop watching at that point. It was so boring and offensive.

TheBombDotCom

TheBombDotCom

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

If I heard Kramer/Jeff say "take a stroll" one more time...come on.

This show made Vanderpump Rules look like Masterpiece Theatre.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:05 PM

Not only is boyfriend gay as the day is long I'm also pretty sure he was freeballing it at the swimsuit place.  His nuts were front and center in his shorts.  Yuck.

The show didn't bother me much, it pretty much was as advertised.  Not saying it's good, but I didn't rush to turn the channel.  

Fury

Fury

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

Ugh. I was born and raised in Great Neck, LI and I am DISGUSTED by this show. I'm a reality show junkie, but even I have standards. That whole rant about Freeport was so obnoxious. Definitely won't watch again.

Edited by Fury, Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:18 PM.

rottiemom

rottiemom

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

Ugh. I was born and raised in Great Neck, LI and I am DISGUSTED by this show.

I feel your pain. I'm an Italian from Jersey.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jun 3, 2013 @ 4:37 PM.
Added quote tags

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

I'm a Long Islander(but not Jewish) and apologize for that mess. I was flipping back and forth during the commercial breaks with the Yankee game, but  what I saw, I couldn't take it anymore.

That whole rant about Freeport was so obnoxious

What did they say?

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

Thirty years old and proud to be living at home, sponging off of Dad?  Pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.  I hope her father is prepared to support her financially for the rest of his days because that troll isn't going to find a husband anytime soon.  If somehow she manages to find another troll to mate with, he'll probably be as lazy and entitled as she is, and Daddy Dearest will wind up supporting both of them and their brood of ugly trolls. 

Couldn't keep these girls straight for the life of me.  They look too alike.

iwasaguru

iwasaguru

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:50 PM

Maybe if they took off the stupid ugly ass headbands they'd attract a man. 

I am hoping this was just one of those one episode test things that Bravo does sometimes. 

audpaud

audpaud

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

What a mess!  I could NOT look away and have set my DVR.  *ducks*

phluxe

phluxe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:24 AM

Are we being Punked? I feel like we're being Punked....Ashlee was disgusting. She's got a lot of nerve talking about being offensive. It's not like you didn't ask to be carried to your car because you have to walk in flip flops. Jeff is totally gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that unless he keeps misleading that girl, buuuut she kind of deserves it okaaaay. I bet he was Facebook stalking girls so that he can get married off because he won't come out to his family.

I guess this does happen but it's just so odd to me. Do these girls aspire to be anything but pampered wives? I guess the same goes for the Jersey Hwives...I just feel like these girls maybe have more opportunities? Maybe they are the same...just wow.

I'll be watching too, audpaud. I will yell at the tv each week but I'm in.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:36 AM

Amanda and her boyfriend pretty much are a kept girl/keeper. And his voice, when he said her mother's name (Barbara) he REALLY did sound like the guy from the original "Night of the Living Dead" when he says: "They're coming to get you Barbara".

THIS!!

BTW

I know in some cultures, living at home as an adult is a traditional thing, so in that since I don't frown upon it. Plus I was 25 when I left home

Edited by MrsSea, Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:38 AM.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:38 AM

Well the NJ women are Moms, mostly to small children. I think a few had jobs/careers before getting married and having kids. Since the show and the husbands(... however it is those guys obtain money) allow them to be stay at home moms, they do. Plus all of them are now desperate to beat Teresa's non-HW accomplishments.

Did any of these LI girls mention having a job? I watching on and off. I think too all they want is a husband.

Edited by Gigi43, Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:40 AM.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 1:24 AM

I think at least one of those girl does work because I halfass recall her saying that she's nowhere near spoiled and no matter what she accomplishes her father doesn't think its good enough, or something along those lines. Admittedly I wasn't paying the most attention either. 

I really didn't have any intention on watching this show, but I guess as long as I'm programmed to watch Bravo on Sundays i'll be tuning in.

That girl in the red swimsuit is a horrible, hateful bitch of a person and never should have dropped the f-bomb. Still...that one girl's boyfriend is gay. In other breaking news: Water is wet. The concrete is hard. Snow is cold. Cows go "moo".  You shouldn't stare at the sun. Toast lands jelly side down. I know all this is so, so shocking, but please, people. stay calm and try to contain yourselves. 

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 1:33 AM

What the fuck did I just watch? I want this past hour of my life back. I refused to watch it during it's initial airing, but since I can't sleep yet, I got sucked in during it's second airing. Dear sweet baby Jesus on a knish. I grew up on LI (and still live here) and while I'm not Jewish, I'm mortified at how this is making us LI girls look. We are NOT all like this, I swear!

How is it possible that blond girl doesn't realize her boyfriend is as gay as Lance Bass?

I'm pretty sure he's 1000x's gayer than Lance Bass.

Did any of these LI girls mention having a job?

The only one I recall mentioning having a job is the girl from Freeport.  She said she has a full-time job (don't know doing what) and is opening her own business (again, don't know doing what) and yet, her father thinks she doesn't work hard enough.  The previews show her father saying as much and her crying to him that she doesn't have it in her to try harder because she already is.  Who knows.

As for that short chick who asked the nail salon guy to carry her out to her car because she can't wear flats?  Get the fuck out of here.  Like THAT looks less conspicuous or CRAZY than just simply walking out on her own in the salon flip flops?  Freak.

Also, does anyone else think that her father looks like a shorter, fatter version of Kim Z.'s father from RHoAtlanta/Don't Be Tardy?  Also, hey, Amanda?  That is a glimpse of your future: your gayer than a unicorn drag queen shitting rainbows husband getting mani/pedis with his spoiled troll of a grown-ass daughter.

Every time I think Andy Cohen has scraped the shit off the bottom of the reality show barrel, here comes a show like this.  Oy.