4-15: "Blockheads" 2013.05.26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

58 replies to this topic

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 1:43 AM

In Buster's episode, as seen through the security camera footage, he finds her on the stair car, there's a flash and then she's just gone, right?

That's how I saw it. Which makes me think Gob or Tony Wonder might be involved.

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 2:17 AM

Michael wouldn't remember hiding her in the first place, would he? He did take that forget me now.

That's actually even better. They could easily center a movie around just this.

I think if this was the plot of The Hangover I might have actually had some interest in watching it.

whereismycastle

whereismycastle

Video Archivist

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 10:56 AM

The whole Michael lying to George Michael about the photo booth pictures still bothers me.  Why did that make GM so upset, and why couldn't M just say he took the pictures that he thought were his and thats how he knew about GM & Rebel and that they were in a photo booth at some point?

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

The whole Michael lying to George Michael about the photo booth pictures still bothers me. Why did that make GM so upset, and why couldn't M just say he took the pictures that he thought were his and thats how he knew about GM & Rebel and that they were in a photo booth at some point?

Just a few moments earlier, Michael said that if he knew George Michael was the other guy, he never would've pursued Rebel. Him knowing about the photobooth is proof that he knew George Michael was the other guy prior to running into him outside the apartment. Since Michael A) acted as if he was just figuring out that moment that Michael was the other guy and B) was bringing Rebel a gift, which shows he was still planning on dating Rebel, it reveals that everything Michael was saying during that conversation with GM was a lie.

Edited by alynch, May 30, 2013 @ 12:14 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

Michael wouldn't remember hiding her in the first place, would he? He did take that forget me now.

I re-watched the first episode, and I would only find this plausible is if Michael is a sociopath. Before the forget me now, Michael acts ashamed. He's not concerned for Lucille 2 nor is he worried he'll get caught. I don't think the scene plays like Michael just hid a bleeding woman even before he takes the forget me now. Unless he took Lucille to the hospital already and he's confident she'll be ok, then I could possibly see him having moved the body.

morgankobi

morgankobi

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 7:52 PM

In Buster's episode, as seen through the security camera footage, he finds her on the stair car, there's a flash and then she's just gone, right?

That's how I saw it. Which makes me think Gob or Tony Wonder might be involved.

That sounds like a successful illusion, so it can't be GOB!

Edited by morgankobi, May 30, 2013 @ 7:52 PM.

Nybbas

Nybbas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

I re-watched the first episode, and I would only find this plausible is if Michael is a sociopath. Before the forget me now, Michael acts ashamed. He's not concerned for Lucille 2 nor is he worried he'll get caught. I don't think the scene plays like Michael just hid a bleeding woman even before he takes the forget me now. Unless he took Lucille to the hospital already and he's confident she'll be ok, then I could possibly see him having moved the body.

My theory is that Michael is ashamed because he let Sally Sitwell talk him into helping her check Lucille 2 into a private hospital and then cover up what happened so she can run in Lucille 2's place.  Rewatching the first episode, when Michael first goes to see Lucille 2 at the top of the stairs Sally Sitwell is with her.  When he asks to speak with Lucille 2 in private, Sally says she'll "be downstairs."  Which means she'd be right on the scene and able to take advantage of the situation if Michael caused her to take an accidental tumble. 

After Lucille 2 falls and cracks her head Sally seized the opportuity presented to her and used either the promise of covering Michael's debt and/or the fact he still has feelings for her (remember, he only broke off a promising relationship with her because of Maggie Lizer's "pregnancy" combined with his tendency for self sabotage) to persuade him to play along.

Brandi Maxxxx

Brandi Maxxxx

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:48 AM

I've seen a theory on other boards that the real reason Michael was ashamed after Cinco was he ended up playing the Thing in Tobias' play.

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 1:49 PM

Moved from the 4-1 thread so as not to spoil:

I had seen at least one mention that one of the cliffhangers in 4-15 was already "solved" in this episode, and of course it is. So very clever.

I'm obviously not that clever, because I've already rewatched episode 1, and I don't remember which cliffhanger was solved. Anyone want to help me out?

HickoryColt

HickoryColt

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 6:51 PM

This just kind of ends in the middle of things and explains nothing.......

Disappointing season 4

Loved the war pizza. And I hope this is part one of a 3 part arc. I don't want This to be my lasting impression of the show

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 4:54 AM

This just kind of ends in the middle of things and explains nothing.......

Yep.

I knew this wasn't intended as the end of AD, but I still expected some kind of resolution - it's the end of a season.

I'll feel better about things if everything gets tied together later on (and especially if Rebel gets some sort of personality/significance beyond a plot complication). But I still think this episode should have had packed a much bigger punch than it did. No pun intended.

gwadigirl

gwadigirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

On rewatch, I am 99% sure that the "Gob" who George Michael speaks to at Cinco is actually Tony Wonder wearing his Gob mask. The first time I just thought he was acting strange, but it was clear as day the second time. Lucille 2's disappearance might be part of Tony and Sally's scheme!

rljenk

rljenk

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 11:17 PM

Wow, that Tony Wonder is a real Gene Parmesan!

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 8:51 PM

"I've seen a theory on other boards that the real reason Michael was ashamed after Cinco was he ended up playing the Thing in Tobias' play."

That's interesting, I just noticed on rewatch that whoever is playing The Thing has both gloves on, so apparently it isn't Buster.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

Buster dropped the costume after slapping Herbert Love, I think. I wonder who took it?

Mvnl

Mvnl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2013 @ 3:42 PM

On rewatch, I am 99% sure that the "Gob" who George Michael speaks to at Cinco is actually Tony Wonder wearing his Gob mask. The first time I just thought he was acting strange, but it was clear as day the second time. Lucille 2's disappearance might be part of Tony and Sally's scheme!

I love this theory. It would also give purpose to the scene where Tony is eavesdropping from his bag when George Michael and Gob enter the gay bar. However, I'm a bit puzzled how he would get Gob clothes as well.. and does that scene happen before or after they slept together?

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2013 @ 7:01 PM

"I've seen a theory on other boards that the real reason Michael was ashamed after Cinco was he ended up playing the Thing in Tobias' play."

That's interesting, I just noticed on rewatch that whoever is playing The Thing has both gloves on, so apparently it isn't Buster.

I like this theory too. Michael's behavior seems more consistent with this theory than with the theory that Michael murdered or severely injured her.

As for Tony Wonder as Gob, on rewatch I think this is possible too. Gob acts very strange and un-Gob like. He'd have no problem dismissing his nephew under normal circumstances  The scene plays like Gob is really unsure of what he's supposed to say or do around George Michael. That totally fits an impostor.

I love this theory. It would also give purpose to the scene where Tony is eavesdropping from his bag when George Michael and Gob enter the gay bar. However, I'm a bit puzzled how he would get Gob clothes as well.. and does that scene happen before or after they slept together?

Gob and Tony sleep together before Cuatro, so that part checks out. The bigger problem might be the same cloths. Gob is wearing the same shirt for his conversations with George Michael and George Sr.. the George Sr. convo doesn't seem like an impostor to me. Maybe they just have the same shirt?

Mvnl

Mvnl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 3:42 AM

Did they really sleep together before the George Michael scene though? Cause Michael arrives when at the model home when they just come out of the bed room.. That would mean Michael went home early and Gob would still go and visit Cinco after everything with Lucille 2 had happened already?

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

My impression after was that Gob came to the Cuatro party first to deal with the Mongolians, talked to GM before George, then met Ann and left for the model home. At least that's the order on the "chronological edit" of the show.

Mvnl

Mvnl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

That would mean he'd sleep with Tony after being aware Ann was pregnant of him?
Hmm. I need a rewatch.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Yes that's the reason he slept with Tony. He invited Ann to the model home for "revenge sex."

Mvnl

Mvnl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

Oh right.. I think that was even in the same episode. I'm a bit slow.

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

I wonder if in future seasons or films it will come to light that Maybe and George Michael are still legally married?  Since they're still students with no plans to marry anyone else, it hasn't come up yet but they got a marriage certificate (S3) and never bothered to get divorced as far as we saw onscreen.  If George Michael makes a fortune from fakeblock, she could sue for alimony. 

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

Someone tweeted Mitch Hurwitz about whether Maeby and GM are still married, and he had forgotten about it. But now that he remembers it again, I guess the marriage could come up.

Glade

Glade

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

Interesting! I thought he must have memorized the first three seasons given all the minute references in S4, but this could be a really amusing complication. 

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

Correction: It was apparently a reddit Q&A. The exchange was:

Question: Maeby and George Michael had that "fake" wedding ceremony to entertain Alzheimer's patients - but it was said that it was real and then never mentioned again. Are they still married?

Hurwitz: That's interesting. I guess they are! Who knew? I wonder if they've forgotten? Thanks to you, now I've remembered!

I was also surprised he had forgotten, since he's pretty detail oriented.

There's no way George Michael has forgotten.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Don't they have people to keep track of show details? That seems odd that it's actually overlooked.

BoogieBurns

BoogieBurns

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 7:42 PM

It sounds to me like he was avoiding the question. If he didn't answer it, they would have assumed he had some master plan.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:44 AM

I think he might have genuinely forgotten. There are details in season 4 which don't match up with the first 3 seasons. Maeby worked at Tantamount Studios, but the new season says she's at Imagine Entertainment, as if they're the same thing. Carl Weathers tells Michael that he never had the rights to George's story, yet in season 2, Tobias signed away the rights to the story in exchange for being cast as George in Scandalmakers. Maeby and George Michael's ages don't match up with past seasons (and they shouldn't have graduated together because Maeby had to repeat the 9th grade). Lots of things are not consistent.

Edited by Cress, Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:45 AM.