4-14: "Off the Hook" 2013.05.26

• Please log in to reply

21 replies to this topic

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 6:17 PM

Buster struggles to make it on his own and break away from his overbearing mother.  (Buster)

• Showstealer Pro has now expired.
  • Buster running out of food that he knew how to cook-- there's only ramen left.
  • Was that guy with the mechanical vacuum employed by Blendin Maintenance?
  • I love all the gay soldiers in the Army recruitment office all of a sudden.
  • Briggs... I feel I know that actor from something?
  • Of *course* Buster is operating drones!  And of *course* there are drone pilot paramedics.
  • "That's too fast.  That's John Cryor!  ...now you're just back on the Progressive lady."
  • That Q-test is the Cutest!
  • Lucille's website with the slogan "It's up to you New-port, New-Port!"  Ha.
  • "Nice stop, Blind Side Monster!  ..Buster.  Blind Side Buster"
  • "Herbert Love has gotten into some pret-ty hot ham water this time"  I think I may have to start using this phrase too.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 6:37 PM

And Busty passing the "cute-test" followed shortly afterward by "you should have killed the cat." 

eta: thanks Smarmee - my brain, it is overloaded...

Edited by meisja, May 26, 2013 @ 6:48 PM.

Smarmee

Smarmee

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 6:43 PM

"You should have thought of that before you let that cat live."

Beatriceblake

Beatriceblake

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 4:23 AM

I don't think Buster is a strong enough character to carry a thirty minute episode but it did have a few good sight gags. I liked the shot of Buster waking up with a juice hangover. 

Of *course* Buster is operating drones! And of *course* there are drone pilot paramedics.

I loved the disturbed look on the face of the soldier next to him while he was piloting the drones.

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 6:34 AM

I assume it was Buster's Madrid drone strike that was the catalyst for George Michael's first experience with the Spanish mother. "The drones are coming. Nothing matters now."

Smarmee

Smarmee

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

Oh wow, I did not make that connection. That's amazing. Mostly I just didn't understand what she was saying, but I went back and that's it. The drones are coming.

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

To me the Buster episode is better than the Michael eps and some of the other "strong" characters'. He can be pathetic and funny at the same time, while Michael just seems pathetic this season. 

I'm enjoying the contemporary references this season to the recession, the evils of Google, and now the drone strikes.

Was the narrator's comment confirming that Buster left the 2 off of Lucille 2 a reference to how hard it is to rewind on Netflix?

Smarmee

Smarmee

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

Yeah, I assume so. He also said something like, "Before you try to go back and wind up somewhere in the Maeby episode..."

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

Haha, okay. I thought maybe that problem only affected those of us using Roku to watch Netflix. I guess it's a more widespread issue.

alynch

alynch

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

It's an issue for pretty much anyone who isn't watching on their computer.

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

It's not so much an issue on my iPad, but is on my Netflix-connected DVD player.  Haven't tried it on the Roku yet because that's connected to an older TV and we're still in the pausing stage so CRT is definitely not ideal.

You couldn't rewind past the beginning of an episode into another episode on Netflix, though.  That would only be on DVD.  ARE WE GETTING DVDS NOW???

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 1:08 AM

To me the Buster episode is better than the Michael eps and some of the other "strong" characters'. He can be pathetic and funny at the same time, while Michael just seems pathetic this season.

Buster is pathetic, but he's also one of the few Bluth's with a heart of gold. He is the only Bluth to not sell his stock at Micheal's request, after all.

I love Buster and I really enjoyed his episode. My biggest complaint is that he doesn't interact with the rest of the family enough. I like that they finally found a way to make him more independent from Lucille 1, but he could have turned to other family members. Why not seek out Uncle Father Oscar? His new mother, sister? I wonder if filming overlapped with Veep or if there was some other reason why they couldn't have Buster as a part of more of the action in earlier episodes.  

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 1:13 AM

My biggest complaint is that he doesn't interact with the rest of the family enough.

That's my biggest complaint about this whole season, but especially with Buster.

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Buster is my least favorite character so I was happy to hear he only got one episode.  But after watching it I was sad he didn't get two.

Kikikins

Kikikins

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 2:08 AM

OK so Briggs was played by Josh Stamberg, he's on Drop Dead Diva

Edited by Kikikins, May 30, 2013 @ 5:37 AM.

morgankobi

morgankobi

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 7:55 PM

So, did Buster really not say 2 after Lucille? If not, what did he say? (because there was definitely a sound)

Jedi Nut

Jedi Nut

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:26 AM

During Buster's failure at the TV remote control test.

"Hope this guy likes the music acts on Saturday Night Live, because he's gonna be watching a LOT of them."

Arguably my biggest laugh from the entire season.

Mvnl

Mvnl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

Do we know why Buster couldn't find his army uniform? I was expecting that to come up again later, but I don't think it did..

Kazzia

Kazzia

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

This was one of my favorite episodes of the season and probably the scene that made me laugh hardest was when Herbert Love's wife tells Buster that her husband is cheating on her with a hooker and shows him the pictures, Buster replies that he used to play captain with someone who wore a wig like that .... (mental flasback to Lucille 2 giving the wig to Lindsay and saying she used to wear it with someone she called captain).

goodlucinda

goodlucinda

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:13 PM

Nice send-up of Ender's Game!

LisaM

LisaM

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

I think this was one of the two top episodes. I love Buster and wish he was in the earlier episodes a bit more.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:57 AM

After being betrayed by Lucille Austero and Ophelia Love, I hope Buster finds love.