Will Lexington: Cowboy in the Closet

• Please log in to reply

12 replies to this topic

CTMSW

CTMSW

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 3:10 PM

Like many others, I enjoy Nashville's addition of Will Lexington.  Hopefully they'll add him as a series regular next season and expand his role some.

Cinna

Cinna

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 11:13 PM

I've enjoyed his appearances too, and after Rayna has signed him on her new label, I'm sure he'll be around next season.  It was curious about that guy that made eye contact with him at the club in the finale...wonder if if he'll show up again as well.  It will be interesting to see how they play his role as a country singer with the gay aspect...it's not a common thing in Nashville after all.

Chancellor

Chancellor

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

Brokeback Nashville is comin'  I love it!

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 11:48 AM

Given that, as far as I can recall, there has never been a mainstream male country artist who was out of the closet (Chely Wright is the first country star to come out, and that was just a few years ago), Will's storyline should be interesting.

I thought the eye contact deal was interesting, but damn it, I'm really shipping Will with Gunnar.

quentin312002

quentin312002

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

I hope Will gets to be a regular next season. He definitely has a struggle ahead from the looks of it. I don't know how they would deal with a country star coming out but in this past year they have dealt with it in other genres of music with Frank Ocean. 

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 9:43 AM

Yee haw, Brokeback Nashville!

Who knows how silly the plot Will become. The actor is really fun to watch.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

I wonder if the viral success of "All American Boy" by Steve Grand will give the writers ideas.

Vickilyn

Vickilyn

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

I wonder if the viral success of "All American Boy" by Steve Grand will give the writers ideas.

Oh, I'm sure it will, with an appropriately soapy twist. My guess is that the story will run something like this: Will gets blasted out of the closet by some enterprising reporter who ferrets out his secret. He gets dumped from Edgehill, writes a fantastic song about it, records a video and puts it up online, it becomes a viral hit and Rayna signs him for Highway 65, which has become an indie label because Jeff booted her too once he found out she had lost her voice. Rayna's label starts out-selling Edgehill, and she finds a new career as a record exec, whom everyone, including Juliette, wants to sign with because she has a rep for nurturing her artists. Edgehill goes under, and Jeff is left unemployed. Everyone gets what they deserve. The end.

Edited by Vickilyn, Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:14 AM.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 12:38 AM

I agree with you. The anvils they've been dropping about how Will isn't a songwriter have been to heavy too ignore. Especially if, you probe into the background of Steve Grand, he started out his YouTube deal doing song covers.

I really loved the sparkling chemistry Will and Gunnar had, especially in the scene where Gunnar apologizes to him, but god, Gunnar has become so irritating I'm glad it's never going to happen between them.

Edited by MethodActor05, Oct 11, 2013 @ 12:39 AM.

Vickilyn

Vickilyn

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:26 AM

I really loved the sparkling chemistry Will and Gunnar had, especially in the scene where Gunnar apologizes to him, but god, Gunnar has become so irritating I'm glad it's never going to happen between them.

I actually have been finding Gunnar a little easier to tolerate lately. I found his jealousy about Will's performance of his song to be pretty realistic. Gunnar has always struggled with the performance aspect of his music, so it makes sense that he would be disgruntled when Will made it look so easy. As for chemistry...yes, it's there, but I don't think a romance is in the cards. Gunnar's sexuality has never been even remotely ambiguous. It would be highly unrealistic to have him suddenly fall for Will. A fling with Zoey is much more likely.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:51 PM

Chris Carmack's ass was made for wearing tight jeans.

Also, I like how conflicted Will is- he tries to be loyal to his friends, but at the same time he takes opportunities when they present themselves, i.e. the Will/Layla twitter publicity.

blueroses

blueroses

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

I'm a little sad this thread isn't titled "Welcome to the DC, Bitch" because I remember Chris Carmack so fondly from The OC.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:21 AM

Perhaps Will should go to one of Michelle Bachman's husband's "pray the gay away" camps. The poor guy is so full of self-loathing, he really does need some help.