10-3: "Auditions No. 2" 2013.05.21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57 replies to this topic

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 7:23 PM

Me too, he was so much fun to watch.  If Donovan makes the top 20 or 12 or whatever I hope they bring his dad back for an encore.

This is a situation where the age limit seems so arbitrary. He was talented, compelling, fit and entertaining. He'd make a great contestant and I am guessing would have loved to audition himself, but cannot because he happened to be born in the wrong year. Do they really think that the MTV generation would be so grossed out by old people that they can't pepper in a few over 30 folks?

Edited by ThatPoshGirl, May 22, 2013 @ 7:23 PM.

HalfDutch

HalfDutch

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Loved, LOVED Nick Muckelroy. AH-MAY-ZING. Seriously, he blew everyone else away. I loved when Minnie whispred "Top 20!" And I loved Minnie too. Who knew? So much better than Jesse Tyler Ferguson who starts to grate after a while and often has nothing to say beyond, "You were good. I liked you."

My other fave was the blond kid who wanted to "Keep Austin Weird." (Aka The haunted house makeup guy.) Thank god he didn't actually dance in those flowered pants! I was happily surprised he was so good as well as being quirky. And I love it when they're genuinely blown away by praise. Fingers crossed for him.

I think the only girl I really liked was the one who did "classical contemporary." Was that the "blonde twerker" who did nothing but shove her butt out? After seeing 30 seconds of her doing it about 10 times, I never need to see that again. Please tell me she has other moves than that. One butt pony! ;)

I was underwhelmed with the Exorcist family, apart from the cuteness of the little girl. If mom had stayed out of it, maybe it would have had more power. I expected The Exorcist to have to dance more on his own to prove himself and was astonished when they just gave the whole family tickets to Vegas! That felt really unearned.

I am tired of the lame backstories too, except for the stuttering kid. I was very moved by him. They didn't milk it or do a cheesy reenactment for him, thank god. The others were a bit much, despite me liking the kid whose family lived out of their dance studio.

And I'll confess to not getting why some hip hop kids get a straight pass to Vegas while others that seem just as good have to go to choreography. They've made it clear if you're a Cyrus or a Jose you don't actually have to be good at partnering so I'm not getting how they're making the distinction between "awesome breaker, who cares about anything else?" and those who have to prove they can do something more upfront.

And good god, yeah, Mary's hair in Austin. Yikes! I assume that was either a helluva tease and curl job or a wig.

Edited by HalfDutch, May 22, 2013 @ 9:01 PM.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

Mary's hair in Austin. Yikes! I assume that was either a helluva tease and curl job or a wig.

It reminded me of something Jinkx Monsoon (RuPaul's Drag Race) once said: "I tried to tease it, but I just pissed it off".  Awful 'do, wig or not.

The Exorcist family were adorable, and the only "story" I cared about outside of the stutterer.

I had high hopes for the first blonde chick because she's from my boyfriend's home town.  I was quickly disappointed that she seemed to be just another in Nigel's collection of blondes.

I can't remember the name of the amazing AA dancer who did the splits on the floor, but he was absolutely fantastic.

cocopuffy

cocopuffy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

This episode was 'better' than the others this season but it still doesn't move me like other seasons have. Nobody really stood out to me except for Donovan's dad-who is a much, much better dancer than his kid. I predict he gets cut pretty early in Vegas.

That Mackenzie girl (the one with the Jazz family and who wants to be an actress) really bothered me. She danced ok but her personality is meh. I get the impression that people have been telling her how special she is her whole life. She make sneak into the top 20 but I don't see her getting a lot of votes. 

The white hip hop girl wasn't very good. Except for Comfort I haven't been impressed with the female hip-hoppers-I know there are better ones out there than what we see on this show. Where are they!

Count me in with the people who want to see a greater variety of dancing. There is more than just angsty contemporary dancing girls in booty shorts and hip-hop boys bone breaking and gliding. They used to show plenty of people who were fantastic at what they did but didn't get on the show. I'm ok with that...more dancing (and less backstory) is always a good thing. 

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

I'd just like to establish that I am sick and tired of the sob stories, too.  But they are a massive improvement on the laughing-at-the-delusional-dancer angle we used to get.  That said, I'm definitely pvring the auditions so that I can hit the ff when the sob story starts. 

Chef Girl, thanks for the clip of the British show - I may have to watch all of it - I know they're satirizing it all but I thought one of the judges was channelling Len Goodman.

I was not nuts about showing little kids and inviting parents onto the judging panel. I want to see dance that's pertinent.

Does anybody remember what happened to the hoop dancer?  That's two native dance styles that have been minimized and/or mocked by the show so far this season (Nigel's comment about the Olympics - the complete lack of context for the haka dancer and the hoop dancer).  Nigel makes a big deal out of how his show supposedly educates people about dance. Hmmmm.

Misslindsey

Misslindsey

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 11:25 PM

I wish there were more trained ballet dancers & ballroom dancers, I am over contemporary or hip hop dancer.

Me too. I think that is another reason why I am a sucker for tap dancers. I just want to see something a bit different. Not that the contemporary and hip hop dancers are not good, but on this show it is so overdone. 

Does anybody remember what happened to the hoop dancer?  That's two native dance styles that have been minimized and/or mocked by the show so far this season (Nigel's comment about the Olympics - the complete lack of context for the haka dancer and the hoop dancer).  Nigel makes a big deal out of how his show supposedly educates people about dance. Hmmmm.

I agree. The past few seasons, I have not made it much further than the top 20 (or 10 with all-stars), because it just feels like more of the same. I just want something different, but some of those people do not get much of a chance. Wasn't there an Irish step dancer a few years back that made it to Vegas. I liked her because it wasn't the usual hip hop or contemporary style. I wish some of these dancers who dance styles that are lesser known or represented were cross trained. Though if Nigel and co. know who they want to win, they will do their damnedest to get that result.

Watching Nigel watch/judge some of the girl dancers is so creepy to watch. Mary and other judges made comments about some of the guys and girls, but it feels less creepy and more teasing. Does that make sense?

kaberi

kaberi

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 12:19 AM

Little points that I was going to make but forgot until you guys reminded me of them:

Nick Muckleroy reminded me a lot of Brandon from Season 5. Maybe not quite so pretty in the face, gave the impression of being older than Brandon, but physically, almost equally impresssive.

Somebody, sorry I've forgotten who, questioned the auditions of the little kids like Disneyworld boy, and suggested America's Got Talent for them. I don't think America's Got Talent would be a good fit for him because frankly, he wasn't the amazing Star Search-type talent that I would expect for AGT. I think what got that kid an "audition" was that his parents claimed he was inspired by Cyrus, and apparently taught himself animation. As sweet as he was, I don't think he would have been good enough for, say, a performance on a results show. Now, if he chooses to keep dancing, then he would be good enough for that next step. Hope he does.

I agree with the person who was impressed by Minnie Driver's quality as a judge. Even though she doesn't claim to have a dance background, she expresses herself better than some people who do (*cough* Christina Applegate *cough*)

I must have seen that awkward lunge + back bend + arms out move at least four times last night. Doesn't even look that pretty. That can go back wherever it came from.

LittleBunnyTutu

LittleBunnyTutu

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 12:24 AM

I wish the show would let us know what dancers from previous seasons are up to now...where are Joshua Allen and Katee Shean?  What are Eliana and Chehon doing now? Where is Kameron Bink and Danny Tidwell?  Anyone, anyone...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Katee and Eliana are among those who are on tour with Taylor Swift. Switft's tour dancers also include Ricky, Clarice, and Caitlyn from season 8 as well as a couple of SYTYCD-Canada alums.

Danny, as far as I know, is still in the national ballet company in Norway.

Chehon and Witney just finished filming a movie, an adapted version of West Side Story (called East Side Story).  The two of them were the romantic leads. Russell, winner of season 6, is also in that movie. It was directed by David Winters, I believe. I've spotted Chehon and Witney on DWTS, Witney especially.

I do wish they would bring back dancers whom we've not often (or at all) seen as All Stars. It would be nice to change it up a little bit.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:48 AM

I DVR this show so I can fast-forward over the dead-mom stories:  sorry, but I watch the show for the dancing, not the pathos.

I don't care how many people in your family suffered from pink eye or tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. All that matters is if you're a good dancer. I hate when people trot out sob stories about how they're doing this for their mom's co-worker's best friend's cousin. Shut up & dance. I know the producers ask questions during the interviews but this is a good a time or these dancers to learn they can decline to comment or give a nice white lie like, "Nothing sad has happened to anyone I know so I'm just going to dance as well as I can!" I hate blatant attention whores like the guy who lifted up his shirt, said he had better abs than Twitch, & then said, "Oh, yeah, and my grandmother died!"

Shane is an exception to that rule. He knew he was going to be asked about his stutter since he obviously can't hide it (how freaking adorable was Cat while talking to him about it?) but more than that,his dancing developed as a result of his stutter so I see how the two were related. I still loathed the way Nigel addressed it though. "You have a stuttering problem." I'm not saying he has to be ultra PC (lord knows that is never going to happen) but it's pretty rude.

I loved Shane.  Most of the bonebreakers I've seen try to emphasize the shock value but Shane made the dislocations look fluid and beautiful and elegant. 

This is exactly why I loved his bonebreaking style so much! I get that there's a lot of shock factor in bonebreaking so many of those dancers use it to their advantage (which is especially smart for street performers), but Shane made it look so flowing & almost natural, even though bonebreaking is about as unnatural you can get. Instead of that hard crunchy style we've been shown by other bonebreakers on the show, he makes it almost seem like he's a really flexible circus contortionist.

Forward lunges, back bends and besti-squats seem to be the new overdone HMV moves for this season.

I must have seen that awkward lunge + back bend + arms out move at least four times last night. Doesn't even look that pretty. That can go back wherever it came from.

To be fair, HMV requires skill, control, & flexibility. It's definitely been overdone, but it's still an actual skill. The lunging back bend pose requires skill to do well but most of the people I've in this pose during auditions don't have the back flexibility to make it look right. They're just leaning back, letting their bodies do whatever they want to do. One of my pet peeves in dance performance is when people insist on doing moves that aren't fully developed yet. The awkward backbend pose is the equivalent of doing a split leap when you can only get your legs to 90 degrees. No shame in that, so keep working on it but don't do it in front of an audience at that point.

I couldn't believe how blatantly disrespectful Nigel was to the hoop dancer. What really frustrates/annoys me about Nigel very consistently is his hypocrisy. He loves to tell us how lucky we are to have this show bringing different styles of dance to educate the American heathens, acting like he's this a knowledgeable dance expert who is magnanimously granting us this gift courtesy of his generosity but he's actually quite ignorant/intolerant of all but the most basic traditional dance styles. At least once every season, he says he's never seen a particular dance move that I, someone who hasn't danced in years, HAVE seen before. That doesn't make me an expert. It just makes Nigel a very uninformed producer. The way they treated the haka performer was ridiculous but at least we were spared seeing most of the judging. The hoop dancer was treated just as badly & they were dumb enough to show us Nigel's rude comments.

I actually thought the way that they bundled the hoop dancer, the male pointe dancer, & the chicken lady together as the "haha, time to point and laugh" segment was extremely disrespectful. Nnotice that while the producers thought these three were wacky enough to draw attention to & mock, they didn't think these dancers deserved the minimal respect of having their names on the screen like the other dancers who auditioned. They spent all of the bird lady's time on her interview with Cat, footage of her posing in a tree, & Nigel reacting with his lame "What the cluck?" nut only showed about 5 seconds of her actually dancing. She had on pointe shoes so I was hoping we'd get some amazing ballet but I didn't see enough to get any sense of what she did. The male pointe dancer offended Nigel's traditional sensibilities (remember how badly he reacted to the two male ballroom dancers who auditioned together a few seasons ago). Mary had to join in on the homophobia by making a comment about him curtseying. Never mind that he actually danced en pointe - why would they show us more than 5 seconds of that? I actually don't know very much about Native American dance so I have no idea how skilled the hoop dancer was but it was offensive to me that they treated him & the haka dancer so shoddily. I LOVED when the hoop dancer told Nigel that he already performed at the Olympic opening ceremonies 10 years ago. SUCK IT, NIGEL.

The Exorcist daughter was much better than the little Cyrus wannabe but seriously, show, DO NOT encourage people bringing kids to the auditions. I hated that mini-Cyrus's mom said he always gets a great reaction from audiences. That's because people are nice & they like to encourage tiny dancers but that doesn't mean your kid is actually good. Applause does not represent your child's talent level. I don't want to sound like a big old meanie because I think it's wonderful when kids show an interest in dance at a young age. I hope he keeps dancing but  he looked like a 4 year old who taught himself to dance by watching Cyrus on tv aka he wasn't very good. It's not the end of the world. He is so young & can learn a lot but trotting out a kid who isn't a great dancer is not my idea of interesting tv. It reminded me of last season when some little girl in a tutu got on stage. The awww factor doesn't go very far for me because you could find hundreds of kids like that in any city. Not all of them have stage moms who are going to camp out in line so their underage child who is not old enough to actually compete can be on tv for 2 minutes.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 10:34 AM

I'm still not liking what her father is doing though. I didn't like him last time around, I just don't get what the hell he is doing. And now his girlfriend is in on the act too? Just no.

This. Last year I found the exorcist interesting but I wasn't bawling & questioning my life's purpose. This year, cute kid & all, I was totally indifferent & frankly a bit bored.

Generally I'm a sucker for a good sob story but reality tv has hardened me. Shut up & dance. Though I thought the stutterer talking about speaking through movement was quite a good line & when we mentioned if he kept a beat with his foot he spoke more easily I thought it was awesome. Otherwise, yawn. Dead granny, broken home, financial ruin, mama scrubbed toilets, school mates made fun of your hangnail, whatever. Shut up & dance.

Speaking of stories... if I get my kids to shake their booty on stage & say they were inspired & that I'm a single mom who folds their laundry every week without complaint... can we get a free trip to Disney? C'mon. I'll even cry & talk about my dead dog & stuff.

I suck at names but the guy who did the middle split while Nigel whined & moaned was amazing. I also really liked the haunted house face painter. And I enjoyed Minnie as a judge a surprising amount.

allemand

allemand

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 3:45 PM

Someone upthread mentioned Danny Tidwell.  He's apparently had some sort of serious medical issue that had him hospitalized in New Your for at least a couple of weeks.  Both Travis and Denise Wall mentioned it on Twitter.  No details or updates, though. 

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

• Interests:Urban fantasy and paranormal romance, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, VM, FNL, Friends, MASH, Avatar, House, Farscape, Roswell, Glee, True Blood, Community, P&R, 30 Rock, The Good Wife, Boss, Downton Abbey, Coupling, old SYTYCD, Leverage, White Collar, Jonathan Groff, mutton, chicken and eggs.

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 4:49 PM

Oh my God, I hope he's doing well. 

I love that the Exorcist was back because I was really disappointed when he left last year. I hope he's taken some training in the other styles. I don't think the judges really needed to see him dance too much, they know what he can do, and this time we saw him freestyling and actually giving time to his wife and child. And it did seem like freestyling because I saw a second of pause when the girl was pushing her dad and mom back, and she kept doing that. i am not sure the mom is as good as the dad, but I hope Dad does well. 

And all I could think about while watching Nick was that I can't wait to watch this man do hip hop. And if he can move his hips he will be awesome. 

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 2:20 AM

Daniella Bustillos (my family was kidnapped) was particularly bad.  When I, someone with no training whatsoever can see her weaknesses, then she's not a strong dancer.  And then when the judges actually highlighted things it got even worse.  It just goes to show how biased in favor of contemporary the judges are.  You have to be amazing at hip-hop to make it into the choreo rounds.  You can be a bad contemporary dancer though.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 5:00 AM

Even though we're only a few episodes into the auditions, I have been surprised how much the judges have praised some of the lackluster contemporary dancers. I remember in past seasons, they rejected a lot of amazing contemporary dancers who they deemed not interesting enough to send to Vegas or even choreography. But this year they are praising contemporary dancers who don't point their toes enough, don't have 180 degree split leaps, and are generally less than amazing. Unfortunately, I think that they are giving the contemporary dancers a pass if they have some sort of sob story that they think they can milk.

The kidnapped girl is a perfect example of this. She was an okay dancer but I don't think they would have bothered showing her on tv if not for her story. She was right in that middle ground of not bad enough to mock and not good enough to gush about.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 8:02 AM

That four-year-old's audition pissed me off to no end. Sure, he was cute enough, but he deserved a 5 sec montage (like Gangnam Granny). It just kept going on and on and meanwhile poor Janaya French (remember her?) comes out of thin air at Top 20 and gets sent to the wolves. Hate.

And the exorcist was BORING. It's one of those dancers who, if you remove the music, does not appear half as good. If you have to rely on Evanescence to tuck at heartstrings, you've already taken a wrong path (also, I don't think it was a coincidence that he's used the same music in both his auditions as well as in Vegas). The daughter was cute, but once again, it went on and on for nothing since he's obviously gonna get cut when he's going to be asked to, you know, dance a recognizable dance style, exactly like last year. Don't even make me talk about his girlfriend.

The kidnapping reenactment was class-less.

Other than that, I loved Nick and Dannon, as well as Sebastian, and I was quite fond of Makenzie. I think she's very driven which will rub people the wrong way but she's a good dancer.

I actually thought all three of the "mock" auditions were very good and deserved at least a pass to the choreography round. We haven't seen them get cut really so all is possible.

Why cut the Los Angeles episode in two episodes simply to then mix one of the halves with Austin? The Hell?

Mary's hair were crazy. Badly crazy.

Edited by Isuzu, May 24, 2013 @ 10:04 AM.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:00 AM

Yeah, the editing seems weird this year. Enough with the attempted heart-string-tugging:  I was totally meh about Almost-Kidnapped girl and I resent the manipulation to drum up support for her lukewarm dancing.

I wish they'd devote more coverage to dancers who've tried out in the past--I think the audience would be more likely to get attached to those dancers rather than the ones who trot out their sad stories for our entertainment.  Wouldn't anyone else here like to know if Hampton has taken more dance classes, or if Rachel Appelhans got a makeover and learned how to NOT dance like a stripper, or if Mariah Spears expanded her dance repertoire?

SanguineApple

SanguineApple

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 11:13 AM

Definitely the family edition of the show this week. I had no interest in watching the kids or the grandmother dancing, but Donovan's father was very talented, and incredibly handsome to boot. I would watch him dance and I would definitely vote for him over most of the 18 yr old contemporary dancers they put through. The exorcist dance was moving last year and then turned quickly cheesy, especially after the mother joined them on stage. 

The only one of the "heartwarming" dancers I really enjoyed was Shane, especially when he told Nigel so confidently that he could do anything after he danced so beautifully. I am thrilled he made it through choreo and to Vegas. I hope we get to see him again there. 

The standing Os from the audience seem so arbitrary -- are the producers out there holding up signs? 

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

• Interests:Urban fantasy and paranormal romance, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, VM, FNL, Friends, MASH, Avatar, House, Farscape, Roswell, Glee, True Blood, Community, P&R, 30 Rock, The Good Wife, Boss, Downton Abbey, Coupling, old SYTYCD, Leverage, White Collar, Jonathan Groff, mutton, chicken and eggs.

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

The daughter was cute, but once again, it went on and on for nothing since he's obviously gonna get cut when he's going to be asked to, you know, dance a recognizable dance style, exactly like last year.
Actually, he gave up last year so we didn't see him dance. That's why I'm hoping he sticks around and has taken classes so that he can keep up and even be more than competent. He's obviously got wonderful control of his body and has excellent musicality. He's also a generous dancer because he really could have done more in his audition but didn't do anything flashy to draw focus from his daughter and more importantly his wife. 

desertflower

desertflower

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

Can I just give the trophy to Shane right now, just for being awesome? What a sweetheart. And I'm not a big fan of the bone-breaking style but he looked really graceful. I hope he goes really far.

Yeah, the editing seems weird this year.

I forget which dancer it was, but there was one part where I swear the hoots and hollers from the audience were dubbed in, or at least ramped up a little bit. You can hear them cheering while he dances and the sound level seems weird, and they cut to the judges for a second and NO ONE in the audience behind them is even cheering, they are just quietly watching. Just a bad cut and paste job there.

I really liked Minnie's comments, I hope she comes back during the show.

Edited by desertflower, May 24, 2013 @ 2:27 PM.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 5:31 PM

Oh, me, too! I really liked her as a judge...she's a nice foil for Nigel's occasional imperiousness. (Is that a word? lol)

Does anyone else remember Kelli Baker, from Season 4 auditions, I think? I was SO MAD she didn't make it into the Top 20 I refused to watch the season and missed out on Josh and Katee and Twitch and Mark and Chelsea, etc., etc.,...I wish she had tried out again--she was BREATH-TAKING!

Ptzop

Ptzop

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Nick Muckleroy reminded me a lot of Brandon from Season 5. Maybe not quite so pretty in the face, gave the impression of being older than Brandon, but physically, almost equally impresssive.

Me too. Older, less pretty, but not a worse dancer by any means. Thing is, guys that muscular are very rarely able to MOVE that way.  I also loved his attitude, and his look of slight disgust at Nigel's unpleasant anecdote until he remembered himself.  Hope he goes far.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

I forget which dancer it was, but there was one part where I swear the hoots and hollers from the audience were dubbed in, or at least ramped up a little bit. You can hear them cheering while he dances and the sound level seems weird, and they cut to the judges for a second and NO ONE in the audience behind them is even cheering, they are just quietly watching. Just a bad cut and paste job there.

I noticed that too. At first I thought it was weird that they were cheering for nothing in particular. If expect that more from a dance recital audience who didn't really know much about dance and were just randomly cheering at something they thought looked cool. At SYTYCD auditions, the dancers in the audience tend to cheer for technically difficult skills because they recognize the awesomeness. So my first clue was lots of people allegedly cheering for nothing that I could discern was impressive. But when they cut to the judges and you could clearly see that all the dancers behind them were watching but not clapping or yelling, I called shenanigans. I don't understand why they feel the need to do crap like that.

HalfDutch

HalfDutch

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

Re: the random cheering. If you've ever been at any kind of live taping, there's usually someone there to "work the crowd" who actually asks for (and gets) reactions to things that aren't happening yet so it can be edited in later at the appropriate moment. So they'll ask for a standing ovation, a crowd going nuts, an "Awww" moment, etc.

Some of the moments in the show seem to be genuine audience reactions to what we're seeing but clearly not all. And/or just very bad editing.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 11:50 PM

The tv tapings I've been to also had someone hyping the crowd during the show to get bigger audience reactions by holding up signs, waving their arms, etc. You'd think that the producers would add in the fake audience reactions at more appropriate times instead of just random moments.

Purplish

Purplish

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 9:57 AM

I loved the dance by Hampton Williams and family. It seemed to be a portrayal of their family life. Hampton and his girlfriend were in orbit around the child, held together by her pull. If she were not there, they might separate and leave each other, but the pull of the child is strong - however not unambiguously strong enough to guarantee a happy ending. There were no interactions which were not mediated by the child. Very specific to this family, and therefore universal.

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 3:13 AM

I loved Hampton Williams last year and him with his family this year, as well, Purplish Sadly, I'm guessing he wasn't able to make it to Vegas week because he was in a serious auto accident in early March and it sounds like he's still recovering. I could be wrong, though, since I don't know when Vegas week is/was or how his recovery is progressing.

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. First Danny and now Hampton. This is terrible. I hope he's okay, that they both are. 

Back to the episode - I never look at a dancer during auditions and go Top 20, but Nick felt like that to me right away. I hope he gets there, and gets some decent airtime during Vegas week. 

HalfDutch

HalfDutch

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

Moving to the correct thread....

Edited by HalfDutch, May 27, 2013 @ 9:35 PM.