2013 Billboard Music Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

58 replies to this topic

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

Baby Bieber's diaper pants.

That is all.

Edited by ari333, May 20, 2013 @ 2:15 PM.

Elevation

Elevation

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 2:07 PM

Justin also called himself an "artist" after the "craft" nonsense. If you have to say you are, you probably aren't.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

Per the DVR watched Gomez's sorry excuse for dancing. Jesus, it was bad, but it was slow and bad. Just. BAD. Good thing she's cute.

I liked The Band Perry and I don't usually go for that type. Maybe it's the drums IDK, but I enjoyed them.

Why did we have to endure Bieber performing twice (or good Lord was it 3 times?) and other people not even once?

Wow, no wonder Minaj was not asked to perform on the AI finale (and was conspicuously absent from the stage) That BMA "performance" was nasty and not in the good way. And I am no pearl clutcher by any means. (I have Kid Rock's "So Hott" on blast many a day, so there's that.) Maybe I just loathe Lil freakin Wayne and Minaj so much that I would hate whatever they did.

LIamsmom617

LIamsmom617

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 7:45 PM

Just re-watched Bruno Mars' performance and am STILL pissed off that fucking Bieber won that Milestone Award. I know, I know....it's a meaningless award, etc. etc. etc., and we all know Bruno Mars will still have a career in 5-10 years, long after Bieber is a historical footnote. STILL....!!

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

These were actual awards? I thought they just added up the figures that Billboard charts daily. One of those shows with no losers in the Vegas just winners, presenters and performers. So the rest of the country folks would have been on McGraw's show.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

Bruno was awesome.

Bieber, that's how it's done.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 8:37 AM

Baby Bieber's diaper pants.

That is all.

I hate them so much! In what universe are those supposed to look cool?

Dezdemona

Dezdemona

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 9:34 AM

As far as performances go, I enjoyed The Band Perry and Bruno Mars.  However, the highlight of the night for me was Kid Rock mocking all the pretend singing going on.  It had to be said!  I found myself totally in sync with him.  "Where's the real music?   Fuck this, pass the booze."  The show sucked because so much of what's passing for music right now sucks.  Selena Gomez?  How does she even have a singing career in the first place?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

Bruno Mars A1+++ for sure !

Did like that Kid Rock brought his 'coffee cup' on stage with him.

The constant camera shots of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez dancing was getting on my nerves.  I would have loved if the Beibs wore a matching Will-I-Amish hat too !

00redsvt

00redsvt

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

Taylor Swift is the devil. Really, can't stand her. Pretty sure it's a requirement for her that if she must appear at any awards show that she has to be seated in the front and that the camera must pan to her no less than three times per performance so she can pretend to be !FUN! and know all the words to every song of every performer. Yay. She's so awesome. Yay. Gag me. Please.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Was it my imagination or did people boo Justin?

00redsvt

00redsvt

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 1:50 PM

Was it my imagination or did people boo Justin?

If it was your imagination then we must share the same one.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 5:45 PM

Agreed about the devil (See Swift.)

Agreed also about Bieber getting booed.

I love Prince with so much big fangirl love, but.... somehow I felt disappointed with that performance.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 10:57 PM

We almost witnessed a Bieber melt down on Tv. during his acceptance of the milestone award. He really needs to take a break. Not saying he should retire but how about a leave of absence.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

Maybe people actually said "Boooeber!".

Edited by Batman Beatles, May 22, 2013 @ 11:11 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

I thought Bieber and Gomez got back together, so what's his excuse now for being nutjob cray-cray? Every time I see him in those STUPID fucking pants I truly want to throw sah-um.

jch323

jch323

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 5:53 PM

Apparently they're in that teenage make up/break up vicious cycle.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

I am surprised that the two of them haven't made a collaboration ensemble of  a current "I can't live without you" song.

SeattleStorm

SeattleStorm

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Quote:

Taylor Swift is the devil.

I'm not sure why sitting in the front row with your BFF and singing and dancing along with the music makes her a devil, but whatever, it's your right to dislike her.  Still, I don't think that makes her a devil.  A devil would be somebody who interupts an awards ceremony and tells you that somebody else should have won your award.  Last time I checked, Taylor hadn't done that, it was done to her.

I really dislike Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus...in my opinion, both are highly overrated.  But I wouldn't call either the devil.

I do enjoy Taylor's music (have all of her albums), and I thought she was terrific when she hosted SNL.  But even if I didn't care for her music, I think it's so great that my young niece has a role model to be proud of.  When the worst thing you can say about somebody is that they fall in and out of love a lot, and that they attend awards shows and have a good time with their BFF, I'd say she's anything but the devil.

If there are really so many shots of her in the front row, it sounds like your beef might be with the camera man, or the director.

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 7:00 PM

The milestone award was one that viewers got to vote for, including during the show. When I heard Bruno Mars was up for it, going against Justin Bieber (& Taylor Swift?), I wanted to text in a vote for Bruno, but it was online voting only & I wasn't going to bother with that.

I skipped back & forth between the Billboard awards and the Tim McGraw (& friends) show all evening, so I was delighted Bruno opened the Billboard show, so I didn't miss him. Great to have the show opened with good music and a good performer, even if that wasn't my favorite performance of his.

Unfortunately, Taylor Swift was in almost every ad announcing upcoming performers on the Tim McGraw show as well as all over the Billboard show. Can't seem to avoid that girl.

Pitbull was on both shows too. That guy is everywhere these days.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

I'll take Pitbull being everywhere over Swift any day. I always enjoy him and he varies the people with whom he appears. I think he may a sing a bit, but he's more a rapper, so he typically co-performs as he did on this show and it's pretty good, imo. (JLO, Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony, etc)

Gomez was so bad, I was kind of shocked. Why was she "dancing" in slow motion?

Swift may be adept at writing catchy hooks, but to hear her sing in person is... IDK the words... not good.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 1:52 AM

Perhaps the Beibs and Selena can do a remake of Whitney and Bobby's "Something in Common"

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 9:53 AM

It seemed to me that Brit Brit (Spears) was conspicuously absent. I know everyone can't be at these things, but I thought she was a given at these sort of deals, at least as a presenter or introducer or audience member or something. I would rather see Brit once than Beiber twice or Gomez and Swift once. Even when the Brit is bad, she's entertaining and Gomez and Swift were just bad. I changed the channel just after Beiber started and throughout his performance. I just can't take the feigned, "I'm tough" dancing and I just simply can't with those pants. The Beibs seemed to worm his way into many various parts of this show... too much Beiber. Beiber overload. There. I said it.

Or I'd rather have seen Madonna perform. I did enjoy her little speech sans the fake English accent for once. There were many rathers for me on this year's show. Give me some Adam Lambert on any day anywhere. Yum and I'm a straight female heh. And if I have to see Will I Am, I prefer him with Fergie. She makes him palatable for me. I know, I know.... she's solo blah blah and probably preganat or something. I just didn't realize how boring Will.I.Am is without the Peas and The Ferg in her tiny shorts and great dancing. Yeah, I said it. :) Will's song (with the effing Beiber wasn't it?) sounded the same as several of his other ones to me. [/I'm old] Always glad to see the elusive, mysterious Prince. He looked good (as in he ages well.)

Edited by ari333, May 28, 2013 @ 10:01 AM.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

It seemed to me that Brit Brit (Spears) was conspicuously absent. I know everyone can't be at these things, but I thought she was a given at these sort of deals, at least as a presenter or introducer or audience member or something.

Really, because seems to me from the time Britney had that whole epic meltdown complete with mental hospital stay, her attending these shows is more of a rarity than something common. These days it's actually a surprise to me when Britney shows up at any of these shows even though she's certainly gotten a lot better from where she was a few years ago.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

From everything I read, Brit was never really comfortable attending award shows and usually only did because it was a have to thing.

Back to the show; I realized the night of the show that it has been 30 years (!) since Madonna released her first album. I laughed thinking of all the Biebers and Selenas and Taylors that Madonna has seen over the years, they're not around anymore, yet Madonna still is.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 3:16 PM

So much word about Madonna. (and Prince) And MJ if he were with us. Real talent. *sigh*

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 8:40 AM

We were all, "Did Miguel miss the landing on stage 2?" when he made his leap. Yikes.

Did everyone else see Miguel klonk that poor girl in the head when he tried to jump over the mosh pit?

Looks like one of them is looking into a lawsuit.  What the hell was he thinking with that stunt? http://www.aceshowbi...w/00060766.html

Edited by InDueTime84, Jun 1, 2013 @ 8:44 AM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

Well, good grief it looked like he klomped that one girl and turned her neck over. I was appalled. There was a second girl who got hit by part of his body (and full weight.) The thing about head and neck injuries (imo) is that sometimes at the moment you think, well thank God I'm not paralyzed. Then later after some hours, the pain sets in and can last for months etc. and be quite terrible. 

Edited by ari333, Jun 1, 2013 @ 2:23 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 7:25 PM

/nothing to see here -  Sorry

Edited by shopper gal, Jun 3, 2013 @ 7:26 PM.