The Storybrooke Public Library: Required Reading for all Storybrooke Residents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

Now that Belle is presumably back as the town librarian, I think she's going to need a bit of help with re-stocking the bookshelves at the Storybrooke Public Library after she casts the cloaking spell that Gold told her to cast.  What are some library books that she should recommend as reading material for Regina, Snow, David, Red, et al.?

For Regina:  How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie (do I really need to explain why?)

Gold/Rumpelstiltskin:  The Art of the Deal - Donald Trump (i have a feeling that Trumpy and Gold might share a bit of DNA, don't you?)

Cora:  Mommie Dearest - Christina Crawford (Because, really.)

Also, are there any books that our Storybrooke residents could write that might also be recommended reading for us?

Edited by legaleagle44, May 18, 2013 @ 9:33 PM.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

I might go with Henry as curious George!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

That's a pretty good recommendation for Henry.  For his dad, Neal, how about The Peter Pan Syndrome:  Men Who Have Never Grown Up by Dan Kiley?

And Belle should definitely read Looking for Mr. Goodbar by Judith Rossner!

I also found out that Granny's written a cookbook that I think belongs in the library.  It's called  Meatloaf's a Bitch: The Official Fairy-Tale Recipe Collection, with a special forward by Regina, since she always likes to give her recipes "a little kick."

Edited by legaleagle44, May 18, 2013 @ 9:45 PM.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

Needful Things:  Mr. Gold -Stephen King 

Prince and the Pauper:  David/James -Mark Twain