Marriage Boot Camp: Bridezillas

• Please log in to reply

443 replies to this topic

ArticWolfRS

ArticWolfRS

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

Upon a rewatch I noticed a few more things: At the beginning, up until around the "movie" there were a few other couples that held hands - Remy and Rob did - for a short while, and so did Melissa and her husband (what is his name?). I thought I saw Porscha and Byron holding hands for a brief second, but I can't be sure. There were a few scenes where Melissa and ? leaned in towards each other, and Danni and Marlon leaned in or on each other almost constantly. In almost every scene, however, Seth was leaning as far away from Kirsten as humanly possible. I also noticed that in the talking heads, it's pretty much only Danni and Marlon that look at each other. To me, it's those little things that tell how much people care about their partners and their chances of making it.

I also caught Byron saying when Porscha fights, she puts her hands up into fists - and he also said that she came after him with a knife once. That is one HUGE red flag for me, and I hope it is talked about during the show - women can be the perpertrators of domestic violence just as much as men can. And coming at someone with a knife? That's domestic violence. Period. They both need loads of therapy with a qualified psychologist.

I go back and forth on whether Kirsten is acting or not - if she's not, she needs serious therapy and I'm still not sure it would do any good. And if she is.... then she needs a reality check. She's not going to get handed a TV show because she comes across as infantile and mentally unstable on a trashtastic WE reality show. Seth looks completely over her in every shot I saw, but he also looked that way during the Bridezillas episode and he still married her. I wonder who in his family she had (or still has) locked up at gunpoint, honestly. He just looks completely resigned to misery in every single shot.

If some of these couple grow up I can see a couple of marriages making it: Danni and Marlon for sure and possibly Melissa and ???. With lots of individual therapy, I can see Porscha and Byron making it - but not otherwise. Meathead and Brat? Not so much. She's a starter wife and he's a walking wallet. Kirsten and Seth? I don't think they'll ever be happy together. I also don't know if I see them breaking up - she comes across as so unstable - like she'd be the type to threaten suicide if he mentioned leaving. I sincerely hope they are the next ones to get nicknames.

As for the promo? There is no way in hell you could get me to voluntarily climb in a coffin, so I have no problem with Melissa's freak out about it. And I still think the "bad mother" promo is directed at her, or possibly Kirsten.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

When the couples had to fill their bins with bricks representing issues in their marriage, Porscha picked hers up and said she was carrying a " lotta, lotta, lotta unnecessary weight".

Yes my dear, you are.

Edited by Brooklynista, Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:42 PM.

MsRusty

MsRusty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 12:59 AM

Is Melissa the bride who claimed to be in med school when in reality she was doing a med tech or nurse aide course?  At her wedding they did show 2 children standing with them at the altar, I think she yelled at one of them at some point.  I had assumed they were his kids though.

I didn't see Remy's Bridezella segment, other than to catch the part when they were at a jewelery store and she was demanding 3 rings during last week's marathon.

I cannot stand Kristen, I really think she's acting on everything.  I can't see Seth, or anybody else for that matter, dealing with her on a daily basis if she were really like that.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:29 AM

Yep, that's Melissa. She had one kid before they married and then one after the catch up show. What bugs me about Bridezillas is that they tend to characterize the women as childless, when they're not.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 8:45 AM

I didn't even recognize Kristen due to how much weight she put on.

I agree that Danni and Marlon are the only couple who appear to have a chance and to love and more importantly like one another. Danni also seems to be the most practical person in the house pointing out to Remy and Rob the reason they got the room they did and deescalating the argument at dinner. Though it was harsh when she told Marlon she didn't want him.

I do not like the glee people, particularly Kristen, are taking in other people's issues.

Hassenfeffer

Hassenfeffer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:23 AM

Absolutely loved that all the couples were worried that Kristen was gonna be the last one to show up. I mean, who hasn't been at a party where the one person you dreaded most showing up comes in acting like they're the life of the party?

Thought it was funny that the "winners" of the fighting contest actually thought they won something to be proud about.

MsRusty

MsRusty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

I caught the Bootcamp couples show last night, I somehow managed to miss it before.  After seeing it though, I think the couple least likely to make it is Melissa and Chris.  I was going to suggest that he should get rid of her and the sooner the better.  She's not a nice person, slutty and mean is not good.  I just read they have a child together now, so maybe he's stuck with that.  I don't understand how these horrible acting women manage to snag such nice guys that just take thier shit. 

I do think Kristen looks better with the weight.  If only she'd keep her mouth shut I might call her pretty.  As it stands now her annoying act outshines anything else.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

I do think Kristen looks better with the weight

Really? In her talking heads her face looks uncannily like Jiminy Glick.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Absolutely loved that all the couples were worried that Kristen was gonna be the last one to show up. I mean, who hasn't been at a party where the one person you dreaded most showing up comes in acting like they're the life of the party?

I love in the article posted in this thread that she thought that she would be the "mommy of the group" and "didn't have a drink in 2 years." Coming from her, I highly doubt both of those. There's no way she was going to be the "mommy of the group." Just no way. I think her and Seth are on their own plain of delusion about themselves and the world they've constructed around themselves.

I missed the Melissa & Chris pre-bootcamp. I didn't realize that she exhibited enough signs to indicate how bad their marriage really is. I think one of the directors was absolutely correct in saying that she's bringing a destructive element into their marriage. Most married spouses who can't settle down or want to relive their glory days of singledom usually end unhappy in their marriage or divorced.

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

I don't know how she's going to get through marriage bootcamp if she's pulling those pack up and go/leave the room moves on the first day. Oh wait, she does that for attention, then it clearly backfired on her when no one came rushing to her to show they cared.

I loved when she threatened to leave and the group leader just told her to go right ahead. Then, bluff called, she seemed to come back almost immediately to reclaim the spotlight. I also loved how she though she'd "won" the fighting competition. Anyone with a shred of sanity could see that the points were for spewing the most crazy.

I also loved whatshisface complaining that he'd "rather be homeless than sleep in this room." These people have absolutely no grip on reality. So strange that couples we first met on "Bridezillas" have troubled marriages. Most of the women seem to be the awful ones in the couples, but the men didn't run far, far away when they had the chance, so I've got to think they played their parts too, though perhaps more quietly.

Edited by HogansMom77, Jun 2, 2013 @ 2:58 PM.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 3:17 PM

Though it was harsh when she told Marlon she didn't want him.

I watched that scene a few times because I couldn't figure out exactly what she meant. She asked him something like "Do you know that I want you?" and he said "Yes" and she said "I don't." I couldn't decide if she meant "I don't want you" or "I don't know that you want me" (as in, she's showing him that she wants him, so he knows that, but he isn't showing that he wants her). 

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

I think Danni meant that she doesn't know that Marlon wants her.

I also loved whatshisface complaining that he'd "rather be homeless than sleep in this room." These people have absolutely no grip on reality. So strange that couples we first met on "Bridezillas" have troubled marriages. Most of the women seem to be the awful ones in the couples, but the men didn't run far, far away when they had the chance, so I've got to think they played their parts too, though perhaps more quietly.

What was really funny about that is that we saw Remy's and Rob's house, and glamorous and upscale is not how I would describe it. Oh and Remy, honey, those zebra striped highlights went out with the 90's

Edited by WhitneyWhit, Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:03 PM.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 10:42 PM

I thought what Danni was trying to say is that he just expects her to just want him without putting any effort into making her feel wanted.  That he's under the impression he doesn't have to do a damn thing in the house and she'll just be his whore in the bedroom when he wants it.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

Is Kirsten for real?  When I first saw her on Bridezillas I thought she was putting on for the cameras, but I REALLY thought that after watching this show.  Coming in drinking magnums of champagne and starting fights?  She just seemed like a plant from the producers or something.  Or they told her to ham it up.  She can't really be like this in real life.

Byron and Porsha.  Man.  They are going to be entertainingly ratchet.  Not to mention he looks like a homeless man's Charlie Murphy.

I laughed when Remi couldn't decide between more quality time with her husband or a new Benz.  I mean... I get it to some extent.  It depends on the day.  lol

delabela

delabela

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:42 PM

This show is going to be appointment viewing for me.  It's insane.  I mean, I get that they are probably encouraged to be over the top, but man, did the producers hit pay dirt with Kirsten.

Danni and Marlon are by far the most 'real' - marriage is a tough transition, and kids so fast on top of that...it's hard.  

jrose16

jrose16

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:37 AM

I took acting classes with Kirsten when we were kids (I'm a few years older than her). I didn't know  her well, but from what I recall, she was drama back then too! I'm not watching this show but I did catch her on Bridezillas and read in the local paper that she was doing this show too. And to say I knew her when...(so proud, /sarcasm). 

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

My goodness, jrose16.  You mean you once interacted with Kirsten in real life?  Are you okay?  You're fully recovered now, right? :)

HelloOutThere

HelloOutThere

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

Agree with everyone's comments so far. I'm in for this season. I've never been a regular "Bridezillas" viewer, but I do admit whenever I catch an episode it's SUCH an enjoyable guilty pleasure for me. I'll have to start making it a point to watch this season of regular "Bridezillas" -- the first epiode of this season, with the really pretty black girl marrying into the family of painted up chola Jezebel hags, and her fiancee telling his own sister that she was acting like a "ratchet ass bitch," had me r-o-l-l-i-n-g.

But back to this show:

I've never seen any of these women's Bridezilla episodes, but one thing that stood out to me is how much weight Melissa has lost since her Bridezilla episode they showed in flashbacks. With the new short haircut and more trendy clothes, she looks like a completely different person. I'm not one who advocates that skinny is beautiful, but I think she looks MUCH better now. This transformation likely was done to catch the attention of other men and most certainly doesn't help with her slutty ways. What a bad apple.

This is my first interaction with the trainwreck known as Kirsten (what a fitting name). I DO think she is acting, to a certain extent, but I also think she is legitimately BATSHIT CRAZY in a very real way. She's one of those truly off-her-rocker types who you encounter only once or twice in life, but when you do, God help us all.

I have a feeling I'm really gonna enjoy this show. I wish Time Warner offered WE in HD...actually, after looking at some of these women -- and Remi's husband's make-up (WTF? Is that eyeliner?? I'm a gay man, and think make-up on fellow gay men is strange most of the time. But for a straight caveman meathead it's really just beyond the pale), maybe standard def is okay for this show.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

and Remi's husband's make-up (WTF? Is that eyeliner??

He also carries a compact wherever he goes.  Those two are just too vapid and shallow to make a marriage work.

NotReallyALeo

NotReallyALeo

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

Has Melissa had some work done since Bridezillas or has the weight loss simply made her nose more prominent?

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

I'm watching the "Boot Camp Couples" preview show. Holy cow...

Melissa is awful. She browbeats Chris for being too sensitive (and for breathing, basically), then tells him she's going out with the girls and goes on a date with her ex? Looks like Chris is exactly sensitive enough. And I suspect that part of the reason she married him is that she could walk all over him, so she doesn't really get to be mad that he's a pushover. This couple never should have gotten married...I predict that we'll be informed of their divorce after the finale of "Boot Camp."

My favorite Porsha (sp?) quote: "My marriage to Byron...the good outweigh the bad; the bad outweigh the good..." WTF does that mean? I loved when she followed him, thinking she was going to catch him cheating, and he was throwing rocks into the lake. That's how much he wants to get away from you, lady. Granted, his refusal to tell her where he's going or let her see his phone is very suspicious, and if he's cheating, it's despicable. But she's awful; I'd want to get away from her too.

Wow, I didn't even recognize Kirsten in her wedding video (I'm not a big Bridezillas watcher). OMG, talk about starved for attention. Her tantrum at the wedding should have had him running for the hills. And not wanting to pay the band because her singing sounded awful? Once again, WTF? I'm pretty sure she's legitimately batshit crazy (the clinical term) and needs to be medicated. Also, and I know this isn't supposed to be about the original show, but did she buy her dress two days before and never have a fitting? Okay, back to the present day. "On the outside, Seth and I look like we have a really awesome relationship..." Are there really people this lacking in self-awareness? "Sometimes Seth doesn't take my feelings seriously." Really? How could he possibly? Just like he didn't take your "no phones on our date" decree seriously when you almost immediately got on the phone. I loved when she HUNG UP FROM HER CALL and immediately got on him for texting. What was he supposed to be doing while you were on the phone?

Danni and Marlon seem to be the most self-aware of the couples. They're dealing with a new-ish marriage and the fact that they had a baby almost immediately.

Remy and Rob are perfect for each other. And as long as they're together, they won't be inflicted on others, so I'm really pulling for them.

All in all, these couples all focused solely on the wedding with no thought about the marriage. That's a problem...SURPRISE! And now their marriages suck.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

This show is amazing!!!! It's like TV gold! Porsha or however you spell it is hilarious. I hope Danni and Marlon makes it, they seem like they actually like each other and just hit a hard patch. Kristen is crazy and I would hate to be married to her. Melissa's husband needs to leave her and find someone who actually wants to be married. and the other 2 are too busy being into themselves to realize that they're married.

GOLD!

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

I'm predisposed to like Danni because she's on the morning radio show that I listen to and I really like her, but even without a previous relationship with her she's the only woman on the show thus far that I don't want to punch.  She and Marlon are in this for real, not just to be on TV again.

Kirsten is certifiable.  I don't know how anyone could be in the same room with her and her voice without wanting to hurt her.  Also, she looks like a fatter version of Heidi Montag.  Apparently she & Seth were on an eposide of Divorce Court a few years ago.  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_OhhwooLNtw

Edited by Indy1, Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:11 PM.

Bean9879

Bean9879

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:10 PM

I totally agree, Bk10

There is one show every summer that my husband and I watch secretly and don't tell anyone about. Last year it was Love In The Wild, and this year, it's Bootcamp. It's craptastic in the best possible way, and makes us feel like our marriage is perfect. Win/win!

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 10:16 PM

I don't know why but I cackled every time Kirsten cried during this episode. Porscha still sucks her thumb or did for the cameras. Melissa is by far the worst out of all of them. She's far worse than Rob and Remy, who are honest about who they are, no matter how horrible that is. ahh, bedroom cam. Guess they didn't learn from Tammy Faye Bakker and sleep clothed and find ways around the camera in the bedroom. Why couldn't Rob be tender with Remy as he did with Danni before Marlon got into the room?

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

I wish someone would get in Kirstin's face and ask; bitch why are you here? Every time someone says something to her, or asks her about a problem, she gets offended. I don't know why she's here or what she thought was going to happen. Perhaps she thought everyone would tell her she was perfect?

Rob and Remy would get along so much better if he would just go ahead and come out of the closet. Then they could be besties and spend all day shopping, waxing, plucking, and exchanging hair products. I just don't get a sense of love, or even a sense of like, between those two. Remy's letter was nothing more than her detailing all the superficial things she likes about Rob. She wants a marriage to a bank account, not a person.

Chris and Melissa are wasting everyone's time. I don't think anything or anyone can save that marriage because Melissa doesn't want to be married.

I couldn't stand Porsha on Bridezillas, but I get a kick out of her here. When they brought up alimony as soon as they sat down and then cut to her saying "Damn, it's only day 3!" I cracked up.

Once again, Danni and Marlon are the only couple that have issues that weren't brought on by being mentally unbalanced, Her emotions during the "funeral" were genuine and palpable. I also noticed that again, they were the only couple showing actual affection towards each other I noticed hand holding and that she was sitting on his lap. Kirstin was sitting on Seth's lap as well, but I would bet money she was only doing it because Danni was sitting on Marlon's

HogansMom77

HogansMom77

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 12:45 AM

I definitely think that Kirsten came in thinking that all of their problems are Seth's fault and that everyone else would see that, too. In other news, I can't take her crying seriously for one second after watching her fake it at her wedding. I love that the therapists see right through her and call her on her bullshit, but I don't think they'll ever get through to her. Any time anyone tells her the truth, she goes into full victim mode. I'm guessing that's why Seth doesn't talk much.

Remy and Rob are always going to be vapid a-holes who deserve every bit of misery they inflict on each other.

Melissa and Chris should just file for divorce now. There doesn't seem to be any love or respect at all between them.

ChainofFools

ChainofFools

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 9:53 AM

I agree the only couple worth saving is Danni and Marlon, which naturally means they will be the ones who spilt up at the end.

Remy and Rob clearly do not have a relationship based on anything beyond the superficial. He showed more compassion and genuine human emotion towards Danni than I have ever seen him how for or towards Remy.

Kristen's fake cry just makes me laugh when I see it. Seth looks like he is going to bust out with laughter half the time himself. I get the feeling that these two are putting on an act. At least I hope they are because I hope Caron Stella truly isn't stuck with the couple we see as parents.

Melissa and Chirs just need to walk away from each other, they are toxic together. I feel sorry for their poor kid. They better start putting the money aside for their child's inevitable mental health care issues now.

Porsha just proved that she my be paranoid and insecure, but she's not crazy. I too think that Byron is cheating on her. Probably has been since the beginning of the relationship, hence her paranoia, she knows it but is too afraid to KNOW it.

juneaucat

juneaucat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:06 AM

Yeah Byron looked panicked when he found out his phone could be subpoenaed.

I'm rooting for Danni and Marlon. Melissa is just hateful. The way she talked about Chris's kids from his first marriage was just cold and cruel.

duddley

duddley

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 11:43 AM

Did anyone notice that when Kirsten was speaking to Seth after the coffin exercise that she had a completely normal voice?