• Please log in to reply

443 replies to this topic

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

From We tv

http://www.wetv.com/...amp-bridezillas

The main photo makes me laugh because it looks like a drag queen version of the Real Housewives franchise.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Kirsten and Seth are still married?! WTF...He must really enjoy getting tortured.

Nancybeth

Nancybeth

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

Bridezilla Danni is on a morning radio show in the DC/Baltimore area...she's talked a little about the filming of Bridezilla Boot Camp.  Apparently Kirsten was (surprise, surprise!) really really annoying to live with.  I think she said that spent 21 days in a house together?

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 3:09 PM

Apparently Kirsten was (surprise, surprise!) really really annoying to live with.

Ya think? She was one of my favorite annoying Bridezillas with that awful whiny voice.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 3:28 PM

with that awful whiny voice.

I've noticed from the previews that her whiny voice seems to come a go. She starts out with it, then in the scene where her and Seth are arguing about their non-existent sex life she doesn't have it.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

Oh my, Kirsten definitely doesn't disappoint. Thanks On Demand. I'm so excited for this. Way more entertaining than regular Bridezillas. Can't wait to kvetch about it tomorrow.

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

I've watched Bridezillas occasionally in the past, but I am totally floored because I KNOW Kirsten, and I just learned she is on this show!  (I moved to the area recently, and only recently got to know her.)  There was an article about her and her husband in our paper yesterday. 

I don't know her well; I don't know her husband at all, other than seeing him a handful of times.  But I don't find any of this (the need for attention, the irritating-ness, etc) at all surprising.

If you look in the comments of the article, you'll see that she and her husband have made the mistake of trying to defend themselves.  That never ends well.   C'mon...you're on a tawdry reality TV show (and it's not your first one).  You are surprised that people are judging you!??!?

http://www.tampabay....ezillas/2123849

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

There's also a special called "Bridezillas: The Boot Camp Couples" which I stumbled on toward the end. It looks like an extended "catch-up" episode with each of the five couples and their issues individually, before they go into the house. The only couple I saw was Remy/Rob, and they looked miserable. For all the money they seemed to throw around, I was expecting a nicer house, Remy didn't appear to do anything but shop and warm up dinner (and not too successfully at that.) It's on several more times in the next week, so I'm obviously going to try and catch the whole thing before watching the Boot Camp proper, for contextualizing purposes. Yeah, that's it. Contextualizing.

It doesn't surprise me that they're trying to defend themselves. And after reading that they made up some of the things and consciously played up her "character," I take back any sympathy for Seth.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 2:18 PM

Oh man, you know Kirsten? That's kinda awesome and frightening all at the same time. Half the time she looks like she's faking but then she goes out of control and you know she's just whack. 

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 2:23 PM

Kirsten is one of those super-cheery, super-hyper, center-of-attention people that I happen to find extremely annoying, but the way she's portrayed on the show (from the clips I've seen and the youtube video of her previous reality TV exploits) all seem like a whole lot of acting.  Annoying?  Maybe.  Crazed and pathological?  Eh, that's manufactured.  Her voice is only super-annoying when she's really, really excited. 

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

Kirsten is one of those super-cheery, super-hyper, center-of-attention people that I happen to find extremely annoying, but the way she's portrayed on the show (from the clips I've seen and the youtube video of her previous reality TV exploits) all seem like a whole lot of acting.  Annoying?  Maybe.  Crazed and pathological?  Eh, that's manufactured.  Her voice is only super-annoying when she's really, really excited.

I think just the opposite actually based off what I've seen so far On Demand. I won't get into now, but I think her behavior goes beyond manufactured drama on this show. I think it goes into more of who she is and Seth's role in the marriage. I was particularly annoyed with what I saw of them on the catch up show last night. They had a chance to go out to dinner, the two of them, and all she was talk about their little girl in the most annoying way possible. I think part of that was acting, but there was some reality of behavior I saw there. Seth gets no sympathy whatsoever from me.

Remy & Rob really confuse me as a couple in general. In their catch up, they're definitely miserable. I'm still trying to figure out why they married in the first place. To me, he seems like such a downgrade from her previous lifestyle. Why did she marry down and still expects the same comfort level as before.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 4:05 PM

The one that really annoyed me (and I realize choosing between these women is like choosing between Anthrax and Smallpox) was Melissa and her behavior with her ex-boyfriend, all the while telling her husband he needs to be more secure. My husband is very secure, both in life and our marriage; however, if I were spending all my nights in bars with my ex-boyfriends, he would send my ass packing because he wouldn't put up with such immature foolishness. Not that I have any sympathy for her husband. I think if you marry a woman who has a habit of ending up "half naked in Walmart parking lots" then you deserve whatever comes your way.

I'm going to watch and see if any of the professionals touch upon the main problem these women have; and that is that they're not emotionally mature enough to sustain a marriage. Just in the preview we had Porsha running around town tracking down her husband only to find him relaxing by a pond, and then accusing him of having a side piece hiding under water, then we had Remy and her princess bullshit and "omg he won't spend 50 gazillion trillion dollars on me, he's not the man I married", then Melissa the ho, and Kirsten, who is just plain out insane.

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

Never mind.  

Edited by Hawkeye720, May 31, 2013 @ 5:01 PM.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 7:28 PM

Just watched the Couples show, and, strictly based on what I saw there, the only pair that has a chance is Danni and Marlon. All of the others should just call it a day. Granted, those little vignettes seemed more than a bit artificial and scripted, but damn.

I can't wait to find out why Remy doesn't work. Because if she just refuses, and wants to sit around all day and just spend gobs of money, she simply has to sit down and shut up while the person who's earning that money does so. I don't know exactly what Rob does, but you can be damn sure if his income starts to drop because he's doing her bidding, she'll go ballistic over that too. A sane couple would compromise - he agrees to spend X more hours at home, she agrees to stop treating random women to pedicures on his dime. Something like that would be a good place to start.

mariolatry

mariolatry

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

Why are any of these people still married?  I've never seen such a group of people who were so disrepectful to each other, fought with each other, screamed at each other, etc.  It is obviously not working out for them!  Only Danni and Marlon have a snowball's chance...

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Ahh, Kirsten and Seth, they delivered the drama. Kirsten's walking out twice and packing once indicated to me not an "overreaction" according to Seth, but of someone emotionally immature and having a narcissistic personality disorder. It hit way too close to home to me when she did that because that's the exact way my MIL reacted when confronted. Seth plays the doormat/wet blanket to a tee. There's "smoothing things over" and just letting Kirsten get her way to avoid the drama. I thought that the kitchen scene where Kirsten drank like a fish was hilarious! I couldn't believe that she had the gall to drunkenly laugh during the screening room time and then later stormed off after her tape aired. I'm not sure if she's totally lacking a brain or a soul or both. Also, why is she still sleeping in the baby's room when their daughter's almost 2 years old? Oh, those birthing hips look more like wine/champagne hips judging by her excessive drinking. I wonder if that's a common occurrence in that household post pregnancy.

Porscha & Byron: Is he really cheating or not? In this first episode, I really can't figure it out or if she's so incredibly insecure about it. Porscha's commentary on the other Bridezillas was awesome!

Melissa & her husband: I had no idea that she was that young. On her FB page, she has two kids. I don't know if her first was with her husband or not, so she started young. It sounds like she's going through that growing up too fast, regretting not partying during her 20's phase. On a shallow note, I love her hairstyle with those big earrings.

Rob & Remy: two dumb people got married and do dumb things. Their bitching about the room size was awesome. It's a small room, deal with it. 10 bags of luggage for two weeks! Yikes.

Danni & Marlon: I like them both. Something about them feels very honest and real to a couple struggling through the transition of marriage to parenthood. It hit a little close to home as my husband and I are going through the same thing. They seem like the most sane couple out of them. I loved Danni's "Porscha" impression! Spot on!

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 10:19 PM

I think my favorite part was watching the couples bond over how crazy Kirsten is. Seriously though, she has some major issues and needs more help than the directors in that house can give her. She took offense and flew off the handle at the least little thing. The one director was correct when he said she handles conflict with the maturity of a 6 year old. Also, I think she has a drinking problem.

Melissa doesn't want to be married - and instead of facing that, she's projecting onto her husband and trying to make him the bad guy. I will agree with her that, just because you're married, doesn't mean you can't have a social life - however, there are certain things you don't do as a married person; and hanging out in bars with ex-boyfriend and receiving calls from men at all hours of the night are some of those things.

Roby and Remy: Two vapid, shallow, idiots got married, and this is the result.

Porsha and Byron: I'm not really sure if anything is actually going on there. I think Porsha is just a big old drama queen and I think her and Byron will stay together because I don't think anyone else would want them, and Porsha likes having someone to fight with. I also loved her commentary about the other women.

I agree with beeblebrox that Danni and Marlon seemed the most real. In the preview episode that said they got pregnant pretty soon after the wedding. I think a lot of their problems come from never having that period to adjust to married life, everything came at them at once.

I found this far more entertaining than Bridezillas and wouldn't mind if, now that Bridezillas is ending, they brought a new group of Bridezillas on for boot camp. I imagine a good lot of those marriages are in serious trouble.

ArticWolfRS

ArticWolfRS

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

I noticed some little things during the show, such as Danni and Marlon basically being the only couple to hold hands and touch each other during the majority of the time shown. They also seemed to have the "sanest" (comparatively speaking) fight. They are the only ones I see having a shot at making it.

I would feel bad for Seth, but... he married Kirsten, he didn't immediately ask for an annulment after the whacked out fight on their wedding night, and he's still with her. He's a glutton for punishment. And she's a shrill harpy who would make me stab my eardrums out after attempting to live with her for a day. I also think that she is yet another one suffering from "no-one ever said no to me" syndrome. Her and Remy, good god.

As for Melissa - she needs to grow up. And I wouldn't be surprised if the "you're a bad mother" promo is actually directed at her, but edited. Going out and getting wasted with an ex-boyfriend until all hours of the night are over, and lying about it to your husband is not exactly mother of the year material.

Porscha, Porscha, Porscha - I have love/hate feelings for her. She is hysterical and yet so, so sad at the same time. Her commentary had me rolling, but her stalking is just flat out creepy. Byron has always weirded me out for some reason - I have no idea why, but he's one of those people I wouldn't turn my back on. I'm interested to see what will come up with regards to him later.

As for Meat-head and Brat - Other than the Kartrashians, I truly cannot contemplate two more vapid people. They have all the depth of a petri dish. I would have picked much worse that "brat" for her. I missed their episodes last season but I may have to go track them down. Apparently I'm also a glutton for punishment. They aren't even a year into marriage and they're already like this? End well this isn't going to. Please, if there is a God, don't let them bring a child into that mess - especially after the clip of Remy saying she hates kids. (Although, I sort of get that actually. Children are like completely foreign, weird, alien creatures to me that I just don't understand at all. I can't stand brats at all - including adult ones, but even well behaved children are just incomprehensible to me.)

ETA: Spelling things correctly.

Edited by ArticWolfRS, May 31, 2013 @ 10:24 PM.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

Danni & Marlon: I like them both.

Sing it. I remember not liking Danni during her "I'm the most beautiful bride in the world" episode, and she was pretty harsh to some people, but I feel like having a kid has taken most of that right out of her. She's no longer the center of her own world. Most people learn that without having to have a kid, but I'm glad she seems to have learned it regardless of how it happened. She and Marlon have a real but solvable problem, and I do think they're the least crazy couple on the show. 

I don't much care for the boot camp "instructors," especially the woman who acts like she's doing sign language interpretation of her own words. 

I did like the fact that the people who had the most points in the "fighting ring" task were not the winners. 

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:32 AM

Re Kristin and Seth:  Could they be any more vague concerning their daughter's developmental issues?  I believe they are full of shit, and there's a special place in hell for people who use their children as fodder for their own need for infamy,  attention and stroking.  God!

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 9:40 AM

I actually thought this show was awesome. It hit the right notes of trashy, hilarious, and serious. I thought Danni proved herself to be "there for the right reasons," when she shut down the dinner fight ("yall can kill each other after dinner") and also when she explained to Meatie and Bratty why they were given a tiny room and helped them do the tiniest bit of self-reflection to stay. Their fight seemed the most genuine too. I did think it funny that Kirsten instantly went to the "you never tell me I'm sexy" thing in her fight too... even going so far to self-deprecate her body ("How could you like this")> Girl, Danni came first and was way better on that front.

Porsha has the worst weave ever.

I'll be watching again.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

I found this far more entertaining than Bridezillas and wouldn't mind if, now that Bridezillas is ending, they brought a new group of Bridezillas on for boot camp. I imagine a good lot of those marriages are in serious trouble.

They could probably scrounge up enough couples for one more season, but I'm not sure how much beyond that. A lot of the couples from the earliest seasons seemed mostly functional, and the "Bridezilla" was more of a normal reaction to stress. The normal(ish) ones would be boring, and the really memorable ones like Archie/Marsha are already toast. There were a lot of divorces on the Where Are They Now specials.

Two I'd really like to see are Regina/Domingos, Suzy/Guy Who Only Had Eyes For Tyler, Rochelle/?, and that ridiculous BroHo Skunk Hair chick - I think they were on a WATN show, but I can't remember if they're together or not. I'm sure there are more, but this has been on so much lately they've all just run together into a big stream of screaming and cursing.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

It's hard for me to really take too much of their marriage problems seriously.  I mean, it's entertaining, but like all reality shows, it looks like they amp up their problems.  I mean, the girl who meets with an ex-boyfriend but tells her husband she's going out with a girlfriend?  But she does this all on camera?  However, if this girl does anything remotely like what they describe, her husband should kick her to the curb. Their marriage will never survive.  I didn't get a "victim" vibe from him like the counselors said.  It's not his fault she's clearly an immature person who is more interested in men fawning all over her than actually having a marriage and being a parent.

There's not one thing genuine to me about the whiny voice girl except her whiny voice.  She considers herself an actress.  Enough said.

I am glad to see the real side to Danni.  I didn't believe for one minute that her personality on Bridezillas was genuine.  Those two seem to have a real love for each other.  You can see it in their body language when they aren't acting up for the show.  The others seem to be role playing to me for the cameras.  

That said, I do love Porscha.  There is something so cute about her to me.  

I can't wait to find out why Remy doesn't work. Because if she just refuses, and wants to sit around all day and just spend gobs of money, she simply has to sit down and shut up while the person who's earning that money does so. I don't know exactly what Rob does, but you can be damn sure if his income starts to drop because he's doing her bidding, she'll go ballistic over that too. A sane couple would compromise - he agrees to spend X more hours at home, she agrees to stop treating random women to pedicures on his dime. Something like that would be a good place to start.

Unless she comes from family money he can't access until they die, I can't understand how someone marries such a lazy, self-centered idiot.  Who would want to marry someone who has no drive unless he thinks that having a wife who just sits at home and shops makes him look like he's some incredible provider?  

Edited by sasha206, Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:23 AM.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:48 AM

I made a point to tune in to this show because I will never, in all my living days, forget "My tan is running" Kirsten and that voice, and I especially wanted to watch her and Seth's problems since they already looked like a hot mess when they appeared in that Where Are They Now special a while back.

Oh my goodness.  I'll say this for Kirsten -- the girl does not disappoint.  She gives a bad name to legitimate hot messes everywhere.  That woman is just a disaster in every way.  I almost feel bad for finding it hilarious.

I agree with the posters upthread who observed that Danni and Marlon seemed the most real and have the best chance of working through their problems.  They seem to have genuine "first few years of marriage" conflict, particularly since they had a baby so quickly and didn't get to have a lot of "just us" time between married life and parent life.  But once they get some tricks to figure out their communication problems they ought to have a good chance of making it work.  But that's not too surprising, because of all the couples on this show, they were the only ones whose Bridezilla appearance didn't make me wonder why on earth these people were getting married in the first place.  The other couples, pre-wedding, all looked so dysfunctional and disastrous and I had no idea why these men wanted to marry these ladies because they're all so clearly horrible and selfish.  I did question Seth marrying Kirsten, but that was mainly because she was so freaking annoying, not because she seemed all that horrible.  Danni was a drama queen and a bridezilla but she didn't seem like a terrible person and terrible partner for Marlon.  Remy, Melissa, and even Porsha?  Ehh....

Kirsten and Seth, though, now seem like the poster couple for people who advocate against the whole idea of marriage: "It'll ruin your life!  You grow to hate each other and you sleep in separate rooms and you never have sex ever again and it's like being in prison for the rest of your life!  Run, run away!" Oy.

God, I love summer TV.

Edited by Chicken Wing, Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:55 AM.

technorebel

technorebel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:03 PM

This is gonna be good. I suppose, to a certain extent, they're all acting. Kirsten for sure.

I just get a kick out of Porsha. She's the funny one of the group and, oddly, one of the more astute women. Her talking heads are great. They should probably just have her narrate. I hope she's over that thumb-sucking business, though.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

I'm hoping that the directors show positive exercises for the couples like ways to improve goodwill among the partners, not just the negative stuff. I'm curious why they started with the fighting style first. I did like how they had the couples identify issues first. It's a start in the right direction, just don't where they're going with it. I can't wait for more Kirsten activity. She's so crazypants, it's great. I don't know how she's going to get through marriage bootcamp if she's pulling those pack up and go/leave the room moves on the first day. Oh wait, she does that for attention, then it clearly backfired on her when no one came rushing to her to show they cared. I wonder how her daughter will fare as an adult with a narcissistic mother. If Remy has kids, I wonder her kids will handle similar behaviors. Those two I don't expect to mature from this show. Melissa has a chance to, but don't know if she'll do it or not. 

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

I hope she's over that thumb-sucking business, though.

Oh my gosh, how did I forget about that? Does watching Bridezillas make me lose brain cells?

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

I hope she's over that thumb-sucking business, though.

I'm pretty sure I saw her going to town on it when they were settling in to watch the movie, because I remember thinking "Oh, she's that crazy bitch."

I'd love to see that one African-American (or biracial) girl with the red-headed completely whipped, much older husband who hated the idea of sex altogether and was "waiting for marriage". I mean, to the point I was pretty sure they'd never actually consummate the marriage. If they aren't already divorced, they'd be one big bag of dysfunction.

Mmerose

Mmerose

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:53 PM

Yes!!!! Tasha and Jeff. Or the one that broke the Xbox.

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 4:28 PM

I remember all the couples except for Melissa and her husband.

I'm pretty sure I saw her going to town on it when they were settling in to watch the movie, because I remember thinking "Oh, she's that crazy bitch."

I'd love to see that one African-American (or biracial) girl with the red-headed completely whipped, much older husband who hated the idea of sex altogether and was "waiting for marriage". I mean, to the point I was pretty sure they'd never actually consummate the marriage. If they aren't already divorced, they'd be one big bag of dysfunction.

That would be gold. I'd also love to see Karee or Karen on this show.